Reply Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics
Harry Potter Quotes Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lelandra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:34 pm
"I can fit fifteen chocolate frogs in my mouth at once, how many can you do?" --- Random Girl's Voice from the Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix Video Game

I died of laughter as I heard that today. I never noticed it before.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:49 pm
Snape: Mr. Potter, what is the difference between an Inferi and a ghost?
Harry: Well...ghost are transparent
Snape: "Ghost are transparent" well it's plainly obvious that all those years of wizarding training weren't wasted *said with a sneer*

AdmiralAdamaismyanti-drug

puffy jun

Newbie Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:34 am
"We'll send you heaps of letters!"
"And a Hogwarts toilet seat!"

- Fred and George in Philosopher's Stone

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:13 am
"not to mention their pincers" HBP movie.  

spazzy_nom

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm
"Why is it that whenever something happens, it is ALWAYS you three?!"- McGongall, 6th movie.

"Oh, you're a Prefect, Percy? I wish you would've told us, we had no clue"
"Oh wait, I think he did mention it once"
"Or twice--"
"A minute--"
"All summer--"
"SHUT UP!"

Weasley Twins and Percy, 1st book.

"Why does she have to go to the library?"
"Because that's what Hermione does. When in doubt, go to the library"

Harry and Ron, 2nd book.

"I'd like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!" - Dumbledore, 1st book (I think). They should've kept that in the movie...

"We'll send you a Hogwart's toilet seat!"- George, I think, 1st book.

"Knew you wouldn't die, Harry! Lose a leg"
"Or an arm"
"Pack it all together--"
"NEVER!"

Fred and George Weasley, 4th movie.

"Place your bets here!"
"3 lads"
"1 lady"
"4 go down--"
"But do 4 come up?"
"Don't be so mean!"

Fred, George, and Ginny, 4th movie.

"Well, it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?"
"Nose down, Harry. Ginny, these must be for you."
"I'm not wearing that, it's ghastly!"
-Hermione laughs- "What are you on about?"
"They're not for Ginny. They're for you!"

Harry, Ron, Hermione, and Ginny, 4th movie.

"Place your right hand on my waist."
"WHERE?!"

McGonagall and Ron, 4th movie.

"You're never gonna let him forget this, are you?"
"Never."

Harry and the twins, 4th movie.

Sorry they're mostly from the movies...I don't remember a lot of exact quotes from the books, I've only read them all once...  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:54 pm
"We tried to shut him in a pyramid, but Mum spotted us." -George (Prisoner of Azkaban).

"You don't want to bottle your anger up like that, Harry, let it all out," said Fred, beaming. "There might be a couple people fifty miles away who didn't hear you." (Order of the Phoenix)

"So, all in all, not one of Ron's better birthdays?"- Fred Weasley (Half Blood Prince).

"I doubt it will make much of a difference," said Professor McGonagall coldly, "unless a mad axe-man is waiting outside the doors to slaughter the first into the entrance hall." (Prisoner of Azkaban).

"Oh, very good," interrupted Snape, his lip curling. "Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" (Half Blood Prince).

"I've got two Neptunes here," said Harry after a while, frowning down on his parchment, "that can't be right, can it?"
"Aaaah," said Ron, imitating Professor Trelawney's mysical whisper, "when two Neptunes appear in the sky, it is a sure sign that a midget in glasses is being born, Harry..." (Prisoner of Azkaban).

"...from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell 'die, Ron, die,' I'm chucking them in the bin where they belong."- Ron Weasley (Order of the Phoenix).

the house of gaunt

Fashionable Flatterer

10,700 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Hero 100
  • Signature Look 250

Jedi Knight26

7,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:46 pm
I don't know this one word for word, but it's in the third movie when Fred and George give Harry the Marauders Map.

"And it shows everyone?"
"Everyone"
"Everyone-"
"Where they are-"
"What they're doing-"
"Of every minute-"
"Of every day-"

I'm not sure which twin says what, or if that's right, but it's something along the lines. Also in the third movie when Dumbledore says "Happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light."

And then this last one Hagrid says in I believe the fifth book "What's coming is coming and we'll meet it when it does." (I believe those are the right words, because I'm too lazy to walk from the basement all the way up to my room just to find my Harry Potter books and spend forever to find one quote-I'm feeling lazy right now)  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:14 pm
"After all this time?"
"Always"
Dumbledore and Snape, Deathly Hallows

"Hang on..." Harry muttered to Ron. "There's an empty chair at the staff table.... Where's Snape?"
"Maybe he's ill!" said Ron hopefully.
"Maybe he's left," said Harry, 'because he missed out on the Defense Against the Dark Arts job again!"
"Or he might have been sacked!" said Ron enthusiastically. "I mean, everyone hates him --"
"Or maybe," said a very cold voice right behind them, "he's waiting to hear why you two didn't arrive on the school train."
Harry spun around. There, his black robes rippling in a cold breeze, stood Severus Snape. He was a thin man with sallow skin, a hooked nose and greasy, shoulder-length black hair, and at this moment, he was smiling in a way that told Harry he and Ron were in very deep trouble."
Champer of Secrets

"What made you think he'd really stopped supporting Voldemort, Professor?"
Dumbledore held Harry's gaze for a few seconds, and then said, "That, Harry, is a matter between Professor Snape and myself."
Goblet of Fire, doesn't this get a whole new meaning if after reading Deathly Hallows?^^

"Severus," said Dumbledore, turning to Snape, "you know what I must ask you to do. If you are ready ... if you are prepared ..."
"I am," said Snape.
He looked slightly paler than usual, and his cold, black eyes glittered strangely.
Goblet of fire

"That is just as well, Potter," said Snape coldly, "because you are neither special nor important, and it is not up to you to find out what the Dark Lord is saying to his Death Eaters."
"No -- that's your job, isn't it?" Harry shot at him.
He had not meant to say it; it had burst out of him in temper. For a long moment they stared at each other, Harry convinced he had gone too far. But there was a curious, almost satisfied expression on Snape's face when he answered.
"Yes, Potter," he said, his eyes glinting. "That is my job."
Order of the Phoenix

That's enough for the beginning I quess I will post more soon, I have to look up some of them I confess^^  

EvelynPrince

Flarityxx18

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:05 am
Haha I found some more!

"Is there something you would like to say, dear?"
"Oh there are several things I would like to say!"

Umbridge and McGonagall, 5th movie.

"Which abysmally foolish person wrote down this week's passwords and left them lying around?"

McGonagall, 3rd book. Poor Neville...

Gotta love McGonagall smile .  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas