Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:02 pm
you can't PROVE he exists but you can't PROVE he doesn't.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:17 pm
I believe in God because I personally know him, I have spoken to Him, I have felt him. You might think im weird but I really dont care, I got 2 ears I can hear. That proved it to me. As well as prophecy.

There are sooo many prophecies that have been fullfiled in history. The very fact that Israel is again a nation proves that Jehovah God exists. Im going to have to bring the bible in for this one. Im bringing in straight preditions from the bible in to this discussion. This is cool. It really freaked me out.

---------------------------------------

Think to yourself. what year did Israel become a nation again after the world wars? It was 1948

in Ezekiel 4
Israel Had to face 430 years of punishment in the bible
They had already served in Babylon for 70 years of the punishment at this point of the txt
536.4 BC was the end of this Babylonian Captivity according to historians.

but in Leviticus 26
God warned Israel 4 times that if they didnt repent of thier sins and hostility torwads him that he will punish them seven times over.

They still had 360 days left of punishment, however they never repented of thier sins. So according to this God multiplied thier punishment by 7

360 x 7 = 2520 years
---------------------------------------------------------
1 Biblical year in the bible is 360 days according to Revelation 11:2-3

Our Modern Calender has 365.25 days each year

So if we take the 2520 biblical years of punishment left times 360 days per biblical year

2520 x 360 = 907,200 days
----------------------------------------------------------
To convert it to our modern calender we take the 907,200 days divided by 365.25 days
907,200 / 365.25 = 2483.8 Modern Calender years

Its also important to include the fact that there was 1 year inbetween 1BC and 1AD

The Babylonian Captivity Ended in the Spring 536.4BC

When we add -536.4BC + 2,483.8 + 1 = 1948.4 AD

Spring of 1948 as the End of divine punishment
THATS THE YEAR ISRAEL BECAME A NATION AGAIN.

---------------------------

The biggest fullfiled prophecy I think in our time period was the fact that Israel became a nation again, from absolutely nothing. 1948 May 14th, Israel became a country again after a couple thousand years of being totally desolate. The people were scattered, and ultimately landed into the hands of people like hitler and the nazis in several different countries. The bible frikin predicted that this would happen. Look at this.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"The days are coming, declares the Lord, when I will bring my people Israel and Judah back from captivity and restore them to the land I gave their forefathers to possess, says the Lord." Jeremiah 30:3

"No longer will foreigners enslave them" Jeremiah 30:8

"I will surely save you out of a distant place, your descendants from the land of their exile." Jeremiah 30:10

"I will build you up again and you will be rebuilt, O Virgin Israel." Jeremiah 31:4

"See, I will bring them from the land of the north (Russia is one of the countries directly to the north of Israel. A lot of consentration camps were in Russia) and gather them from the ends of the earth. Jeremiah 31:8

"I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountians of Israel." Ezekiel 37:21-22

"In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountians of Israel, which had lond been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations and now all of them live in safety." Ezekiel 38:8

"And the nations will know that the people of Israel went into exile for their sin, because they were unfaithful to me. So I hid my face from them and handed them over to their enemies, and they all fell by the sword. I dealt with them according to their uncleanness and their offenses, and I hid my face from them." Ezekiel 39:23-24

"for though I sent them into exile amoung the nations, I will gather them to thier own land not leaving any behind. I will no longer hide my face from them," Ezekiel 39:28-29

"Can a country be born in a day or a nation be brought forth in a moment?" Isaiah 66"8 (Israel was "reborn" on May 14, 1948 at MIDNIGHT it was declared a nation.)

"See, they will come from afar - some from the north (Russia), some from the west (The west is Europe) some from the region of Aswan.(This is in Egypt, there were a lot of Jews there being persecuted also during this time frame. There were consentration camps there)" Isaiah 49:12

"See, I will beckon to the Gentiles, I will lift up my banner to the peoples; they will bring your sons in their arms and carry your daughters on their shoulders" Isaiah 49:22 (Just like the allies did on D Day)

That proved it to me. God definately exists without question, The bible proves itself and God.

`Kel`

`Kel`

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:03 pm
SaintChaos
you can't PROVE he exists but you can't PROVE he doesn't.

Outside our minds yes,

But personally, inside our thoughts.

People actually can PROVE to themselves that God exists (I and many others have), but people cannot PROVE to themselves that God dosnt exist. (Because its impossible to prove he dosnt exist. Every argument against God has a simple answer. And that answer keeps the possibility alive.)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:01 pm
No one can prove in the physical realm that God exists. I just can't figure out any other reason we're all here--you know, the earth, this solar system, this galaxy, the universe ... I don't see how we could just be here ...  

Mountain Rose

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:27 am
because hard a-- scientist came up with the big bang theory which made everthing, the entire universe, well now... here my argument for their "bigbang" theory.. where the he-- did the big bang come from -_- ... No answer, exactly, posers... JUST CUZ U GRADUATED FROM YALE DOESNT MEAN YOUR SMARTER THAN US.. sorry, had to get that out. A lot of people today follow science, because they think that science is the answer, because of this, they'll deny completely that God exists, and a "big bang" just occured outa the middle of nowhere o.O... sounds just a lil odd to me... they also supported the big bang theoy when waves of somekinda thingy came back, then came back again, so they think the wave thingys hit the ends of the universe and bounce back and forth o.O  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:30 pm
thrashmetaljunkie
because hard a-- scientist came up with the big bang theory which made everthing, the entire universe, well now... here my argument for their "bigbang" theory.. where the he-- did the big bang come from -_- ... No answer, exactly, posers... JUST CUZ U GRADUATED FROM YALE DOESNT MEAN YOUR SMARTER THAN US.. sorry, had to get that out. A lot of people today follow science, because they think that science is the answer, because of this, they'll deny completely that God exists, and a "big bang" just occured outa the middle of nowhere o.O... sounds just a lil odd to me... they also supported the big bang theoy when waves of somekinda thingy came back, then came back again, so they think the wave thingys hit the ends of the universe and bounce back and forth o.O

That makes me think of something. You know how in the bible it talks about how during the tribulation a one world religion will be established. Maybe the science theory has something to do with it. hmmm. Maybe the worldwide belief in "science only" things such as darwin is what the bible is talking about when its says one world religion. Maybe its a possibility, maybe not. Thank God, we'll be gone for it though. smile  

`Kel`

trinity343

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:15 pm
yeah but if that were so..then why would the ppl eventually take loyalty marks and worship the anti-christ? i don't think it's a religion based around science alone...that might play a major part in it. but if the anti-christ is supposed to claim to be god then it has to be based around some sort of faith in a being.

anyway. again proof of God is not possible...nor impossible. we can see God in all of creation we just have to be willing to see Him. those who's hearts are hardened will never see Him. only those that he has softened their hearts will. just like Jesus said, "with man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible." only God can open somebodies eyes to seeing who he is, we don't have that ability on are own. we just make the choice to accept him or not.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:56 pm
We were never meant to be able to fully prove God's existance. It would defeat the purpose of having to have "faith" in Him and "follow" Him. It's the greatest challenge God gave us, being humans, to imagine something unending and unseen. It's part of our journey.  

CCubed

lordstar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:56 am
thrashmetaljunkie

um what that hell are you talking about o_0 -_-

http://liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov/academy/universe/b_bang.html

only thing i have to add is the jews said it first  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out