Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 pm
Baby Mine Egg
The egg pushed, and pressed, and shook, and wobbled....but still nothing was happening. No cracking. No shattering. Out, out, out! Things were happening out and there and...and... and it wanted to be part of everything, too.

Mommy? Daddy? ...it's awfully lonely in here..

The little egg continued to shake, the being within desperate to escape.

- - - -
Fianth
The gold dragon continued to watch the Candidates carefully. When Remember Me made her attack, her eyes almost flashed red-yellow again as she stared pointedly at the boy who had irked her daughter. She was not immune to the thoughts of the Candidates... and part of the gold was distressed.

Were her beautiful babies not worthy of praise and admiration? Rhianth had a laid a strong clutch, but they also had the potential to be unruly. There was no shame in a dedicated and devoted loving heart. Truly, these Candidates were unworthy... but her brood would make the best of it. She would be able to better meet their chosen partners once the last of her eggs hatched.

Still working away at Poort Unfortunate Souls, the female leaned down to give the egg another tend nuzzle, before stretching out her neck to croon encouragingly at Baby Mine. Precious One, we are here and anxious to meet you. Let us know if you need help, darling. Though she would NOT let another Candidate near. There would be no repeats of punching her poor babies.

Siriath, and the rest of the Weyr leadership, would get quite the earful later. Some of those on these Sands were nothing more than beasts.

- - -
Grey & Pink Mystery Egg Three
The blue dragon, still well settled on Krahsujunth's head, continued to direct his father around. There were truly so many beneath him--literally and figuratively--that the blue almost gave up hope.

Too fat. Too ugly. Too stupid. Yikes. No likey. Never in a million years.

Back and forth the baby had his father walk across the Sands. Over here, over there, back to where they started, no let's try that spot over there once more.

But then...

Finally, the blue caught sight of someone that seemed a kindred spirit. There! Right there! We need to go now, now, now! Before someone else gets them! The blue dragon suddenly began to squirm and wriggle on top of Krahsujunth's head. If his little baby claws dug demandingly into Krah's head, well... his excitement just couldn't be contained. Can't you go any faster?! He asked plaintively.

Too impatient for his father to take him to His, the blue dragon gave a happy bugle, eyes whirling a bright rainbow, even while he did his best not to fall off his father's head. TorrinMine! Perfection incarnate, kindred spirit, heart of my hearts. You are the most stunning, most beautiful, most perfect of them all--second only too your Ingonth. I'm sorry you must spend the next Turn with such....rabble, but we'll make sure they don't throw off our groove. You know what they say, after all--surround yourself with ugly people and you'll always look good. With this crowd we must be practically radiant!

User Image

Smerdle

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:51 pm
Krahsujunth barely felt his blue son's claws prickling, ticking at his skull as he dutifully bore the child back and forth, this way and that. When at last the hatchling did find his, though, he was more than ready to set the dragonet down. He adored all his and Fianth's children...but it'd become increasingly difficult to keep him balanced once he'd begun to wriggle. And he'd never have forgiven himself if the hatchling had toppled off. Slowly he lowered his head to deposit the blue back on the sands, giving another fond whuff of air over him before turning back the other way.

Another egg had called out to him and Fianth. The blue wasted little time joining Finath beside the egg. She still cradled another of the batch, and so he slowly hunkered to sit beside Baby Mine, eyes gone solid purple with deep affection for his family.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:56 pm
Brenva - HR

Shards and shells! Were all hatchings like this? It was her first time on the sands and it was all so mad! How could people not be absolutely enamored and in love with these babies? They were all so beautiful and perfect, even with their quirks....but perhaps she was biased. Perhaps her freedom from Nabol's back alleys had tainted her opinion, but she was in love with every single one of the dragonets.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:00 pm
Siv

Yup! Wonderful, BOTH mothers were unhappy! Siv resisted throwing her hands up at the entire affair-- she missed part by not paying attention -- but she was WORKING -- and she feared the ire of the golds,not favoring the reaction either might have if sher did much more than stand.

Standing and just... Not-ing much might be smart -- or hiding from the mothers. With things calming the babies were neat but if they were also edgey NOPE Siv didn't want to get killed like one candidate had and she hunkered down a bit, trying to be invisible.

She didn't mind the babies, really -- they werte pretty interesting with plenty to write about to figure out what dragons were like, but she half wished she'd been able to hide longer now, almost hunching down a bit more to wait.

No problems here just air nothing to see nope.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Jemaselle

Jemi looked at the little gold and then Arcadin. She chewed slightly on the inside of her cheek and just why. They were hatchlings, judging them were like judging small children and just heartless. They weren't meant to fall in line to your perfect expectations.. they were them and they were meant for someone. She sort of wanted to drag that candidate off the sand but the little queen was handling it.

And rather well. She respected the little gold... just enough to get her point across and not injure. She would make someone a wonderful partner.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
Kinyegele

Was the friendly little dragon in the pink egg alright? Fianth and Krah had suddenly hunkered down around it and the small girl found herself staring in its direction with concern. Unlike with the brown son of Rhianth, she didn't dare ask to be given a chance to come closer and see if she could help - she didn't think she'd get permission, and there was a certain degree of upset in Fianth already.

You can do it! she thought supportively to the little egg. Kinye did have more to her than worry and there was more to helping than just standing and waiting, right?

The blue dragon who was so vocal about the quality of the candidates went mostly unnoticed - his standards were too high to care about a plain little nothing.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:20 pm
FISHER

Man, what was with everyone? Fisher didn't really know what Weyrlife was like, having been only in High Reaches since a sevenday or so after Rhianth's flight, but just to see and hear the way these other kids were acting? Honestly she was downright surprised that only one kid had been outright murdered. Likely a couple more deserved the same fate but probably had some otherworldly protection or what not, she supposed.

When the blue who'd been snotting off on various candidates decided to finally impress - to Torrin of all people - that at least was a good note. Fisher hasn't really expected much out of him since he was scrawny and had fainted at their first meeting, but dragons knew best and she wouldn't begrudge him that.

Also Kinye seemed to be getting happier and happier, or maybe that was just the heat and exhaustion finally catching up with her. Maybe if Fisher asked nicely enough she'd be allowed off the sands for a nap? There wasn't a dragon here for her, probably.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:24 pm
HAVELI

As soon as she saw how the little gold was acting, how her little sermon went on and on, Haveli knew that chance was gone. There was no way something with that personality would be remotely interested in her given how little she cared for anyone or anything. She'd almost appreciated the way the angry green had hatched, or how insulting the blue had been, but there wasn't anything more in her to look at these beasts.

Her thoughts were kept to herself, unlike the fools who seemed to circle like creatures waiting to feast. Had they learned nothing?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:36 pm
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

Watching Remember Me Gold was like watching the sun- knowing it was powerful and strong, and gave you life and love in its own way, but would also burn you. Control you. Her indomitable spirit and love for her family was certainly admirable and worthy, but inside he still felt weak and incapable, especially in her presence.

And still, she wasn’t done helping where she could… although Ruunan bit his lip as she launched herself at another… Oh, he sore hoped the man wasn’t hurt… but the gold hatchling had a point. It was okay to be a dreamer. It was okay to have a soft heart. Maybe. But would it be okay if he was thrown into Threadfighting? Was kindness really going to be enough to save Pern?

He worried his lip a little more, then looked away from the gold. Too many troubling thoughts. Too many painful self-realisations. Instead, he gazed at Baby Mine, his worry easing as its parents doted upon it. That was good. The dragonet would be safe and happy under Fianth and Krahsujunth’s care. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too long until it saw the world for the first time- Ruunan managed a smile, trying to imagine a bright and welcoming place for Baby Mine.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:53 pm
Whren

He frowned slightly at the boy pinned under the gold and after all that trouble and the talks and the extra lessons they still didn't get it? He relaxed, letting his face ease out and was pleased that the little blue had found his. He was a pretty little thing.

It seemed that Fianth was helping some of the eggs in her clutch and the small egg that had called on their parents was starting to move. It seemed that they were ready to meet the world and he was rather curious about them.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:59 pm
SOUI of WHITE MUSETH

There had been people to come and try to talk to her, of that Soui was faintly aware, but most everything had become a blur to the young teenager. Her hands were kept busy cutting up slices of meet into tinier bites, and her mind was occupied with how much joy and wonder she was experiencing through Museth over such a simple act as eating. The sensation almost knocked her over with how pure it was despite the basic nature of it all; honestly she felt as though she might be getting carried away.

Let yourself get swept, my love. I'm currently floating myself, though my wings are hardly strong enough to actually lift me. here was warmth and humor in Museth's voice as the white leaned softly into her rider, tiny eyes closed as the dragonet chewed her food. She was not as strong as her siblings and possessed significantly less stamina; even though earlier she had been able to move all of that effort so fresh from shell was starting to take its toll. She itched and she tired and, through their connection that pulsed as strong as an exposed nerve, Museth knew that Soui felt it too. I'm full, if you'd like to move on? There is no one here particularly waiting on us for conversation, so I don't think it rude if we stepped aside.

Soui frowned and reached down, carefully lifting Museth into her arms. It was an easy task considering how small her lifemate was, not to mention Soui had been working to increase her strength. She'd be no use to anyone were she to remain weak, though Museth seemed to not mind. The white happily nuzzled beneath Soui's chin as the little teen cast glances about the room. They were supposed to go and get her oiled, right? The lessons had explained enough so she understood in theory, but in practice? Soui had a few small doubts and they showed plain as day on her face.

Quote:
if anyone would like to help soui out it would be nice. yes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:44 pm
Torin

He happened to be looking elsewhere when the blue began to squirm, but Torin's persistently regular glances at the baby on Krahsujunth's head guaranteed that he didn't miss the display for long. For the first time this hatching, his features registered worry, but then...

Most stunning.

Yes.

Most beautiful.

Yes, yes.

Most perfect of them all...

That's what he had been trying to tell people for years.

...second only to your Ingonth.

"My Ingonth," he whispered. He stared at the little dragon, struck silent by the flawlessness striding toward him—or rather jumping off of his father's head, flopping, standing, and then striding toward—

Hey. I was excited.

Ingonth. The dragonet's name sounded perfect in his mind, like he had said it a million times rather than just the two. He tried to smirk, but the curve of his lips was far more genuine than snide. You jump and flop with more grace, beauty, and charm than any dragon I have seen or ever will see in my life. Torin thought about summoning the pretty tears that let those around him know that he was feeling things, but in the end he chose to share his wonderful emotions with no one but his dragon.

That's probably for the best. I wouldn't want your eyeshadow to run.

Ingonth raised one of his front legs as Torin bent to heft the blue into his arms and carry him off the sands. With dignity.

Smerdle

Scamp

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:52 pm
Shar grimaced slightly as the healer that was tending to her pulled the bandages tightly over the open wound, pain lancing up her leg even with the help of the numbweed. The healer seemed satisfied with the wrapping despite the look of pain and irritation on Shar's face and she moved behind her to begin poking at the wounds on her back. None of them were very deep but they did need to be cleaned. Her robes were fairly shredded back there but the outfit as a whole was still in tact.

Nimueh's comments made Shar's irritation from the pain spike, especially when she tossed the word 'failure' at the two. She might have been twice their age and a wingsecond, but Shar wasn't going to let her be scolded when there was nothing to be scolded for.

"Like eggshells I'm forgetting myself as a Candidate," she said curtly, trying to remain somewhat respectful due to the woman's rank if nothing else. "Nor am I pitying myself. I've been standing for four years, I'm not fretting over getting a dragon today or not. What baby has been spooked by us?" she added, motioning out towards the sands just as the gold darted forward to pin one of the Candidates to the sands. She paused in her little rant to watch what she could, hoping the gold would teach the kid a lesson. Had he been the one this whole time causing all those eggs pain? If he was, she'd be sure to find him after this whole hatching was done with to 'talk' some sense into him. Both of the golden mothers weren't pleased and that alone was enough to get her ire up.

"Riz has been doing a sharding fantastic job of staying positive," she added, glaring at Nimueh once it seemed the excitement had died down just a bit again. "Maybe you should back off and let us do what we're supposed to be doing rather than smothering Riz." Rizdax had mentioned previously that he was seeing a mind healer to help him prepare for today, but if this was her way of 'helping' him she couldn't see how it was supposed to benefit him. Treating him like a child wasn't going to fix anything.

She turned away from the two to focus on the hatchlings once more, pushing aside her irritation for later. She could work her frustration with overbearing adults out after the babies had all found Theirs. With a deep breath, Shar closed her eyes since she couldn't see that well anymore, letting the numbweed keep the pain at bay as the healer at her back finally moved on having cleaned and patched her wounds.

Sun's up, little ones. If you've been waiting, now is the perfect time to make your entrance. The air and sands are warm, come and find your perfect partner. She sent her thoughts to the various hued dragons on the sands and in their shells, coaxing them to come out and greet the day as well as those waiting to be chosen.

Hattaki

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:16 pm
YU'STAR and BRONZE NEVIDENTH

I'm getting a little hungry. How long had the pair been sitting on the sands, watching? It couldn't have even been a few nicks of a candlemark and yet the hot sands and the rumbling of Nevidenth's stomach more or less demanded movement. The dragonet knew his would have been more than content to just stay sitting and watching, as he often did with his life back home, but the bronze was not. He was hungry and starting to itch beneath his chin, though before he could speak again Yurastar - no, Yu'star as Nevidenth had heard him think, was starting to get to his feet. Don't look so worried. We're going to be fine. Unwinding his tail from around his rider's waist, as he'd latched it on without even noticing, Nevidenth got to his feet and spread his wings in a comfortable stretch. His wings were large and lovely, and Yu'star's breath caught in his throat. Like what you see?

Yu'star laughed softly and rubbed at his face, his fingers pausing over his nose. "Of course I love what I see. I hope my looks didn't disappoint you." Slowly the pair started walking, all the while Yu'star's hand still resting on his face. "I mean, do you dragonets dream of what we look like after the touching happens?"

I dunno. Nevidenth gave an approximate shrug of his wings and shoulders, prompting a tiny little hop. I just knew you as soon as I saw you and that's enough I think for most all of us. Even those still out here already know where theirs are, they're just showing off for the crowds.

"You didn't waste time coming to me."

I was afraid if I took too long you'd end up tripping over your broken sandal and dying.

"People don't die from broken sandals."

You could. Nevidenth snorted as the pair properly reached the feeding area and the bronze wasted absolutely no time announcing his arrival with a pleasant bugle. Brothers, sisters, we made it in one piece! Applause for mine, if you will. No one applauded (hopefully) and Yu'star took the bronze by a headknob, leading him over to a nice bucket and some tasty meat. Be careful with the knife. Not even together half a day and the warnings already were coming. Yu'star was in for the ride of his life.

Quote:
yu'star and nevidenth are open for interactions! any siblings or cousins who come by will be treated to having their tails intertwined, probably

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:43 pm
Weyrling Makimton and Green Zygmuth

He’d been just sitting beside his sleeping green. Slowly petting her head, her wings, whatever part he could reach as he stared at her. His own little perfect dragon. Makim looked up and spotted a young girl with a tiny tiny white in her arms. He waved her over. “Congrats. What’s your and your dragon’s names? I’m Makimton.” He grinned sheepishly, “haven’t decided how I’ll shorten it yet.”

houllow

Candidate Nalacko she/her

She kept her eyes mostly down, mainly watching the area right around her. Nala glanced up now and then to see where the hatchlings were. She shivered as another red-eyed green hatched. Oh boy. Calm, think calm She tried to reassure herself. If felt so lonely standing alone.

Nala let out a gasp as when she glanced up, the gold was snarling and leaping for a boy. She hadn’t expected that, but she realized anyone could be fierce. What had set the young gold off? Nala wondered who had been criticizing and what? Not that it was her business. She shook her head to the young queen’s question.

No she was quite happy not to see anymore bloodshed. Nala checked the other dragons around to see if any had come closer. A smile did pass her lips as the blue riding on his father’s head finally made his choice.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games