Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[ORP] Fright Night - Spooky Clutch Hatching Feast - Open Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:41 pm
Akaris

For the better part of an hour, Akaris had been going back and forth with herself about going to the Feast; she'd been going back and forth with herself about a lot of things. Back and forth, here and there, and getting nowhere. After the Touching, she'd wanted to nothing more than to leave, to run away from her mistake and the consequences, and she'd practically been counting the days until she could do just that...but somewhere along the way, she'd stopped counting with such anticipation. But still, it was what she had said she would do, and so she would! No more Western, no more dragons, no more being followed and defined by her screw-up. She knew by now that that was what it was, even if there were very few she would admit that to, and she hated it. It would have been so much easier if she could have just run away. If they hadn't made her stay. If they had just been angry instead of caring about her, instead of helping her.

And then the Hatching, instead of pushing her firmly one way or the other, had only compounded her uncertainties. She'd started it clinging to A'ral, and finished it on the back of Vimiath. Vimiath, of all dragons. She couldn't say that she trusted her, or that the memories wouldn't continue to haunt and influence her, but when caught between fear of the gold and fear of her unbonded dragonets, she had decided that the Queen was the lesser of two evils. And, well, not actually evil, but... It was complicated. But the hatchlings had been terrifyingly violent, and a boy had died, and she had even more ingredients for sleepless nights than she'd had before. There had been moments, though, that hadn't been so bad, and at times she'd remembered what it was like to want a dragon, and maybe even envied the Candidates who'd Impressed the nice ones. Just a little.

She'd had a lot to think about, and fret over, and talk herself into and out of, and she very nearly hadn't come to the Feast at all, except that she'd told Rylyrr she would. He'd be going back to High Reaches soon after, and whatever she did, she doubted she'd see him again. So she cleaned herself up, redid the makeup she'd utterly ruined by crying (again), and then stared at her dresses. They were none of them modest, all cut and embellished to ensure that they attracted attention and made an impression, and for once none of them seemed quite right. Ultimately, it was a deep green dress trimmed in gold that she settled on, then carefully pinned up her hair and slid on a few bangles to go with it.

By the time she arrived late to the Feast, she at least looked like herself, even if she didn't feel it, but that was normal these days.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:05 am
Jacomus, P'tius, and two naughty flits

Marsh still looked proud of herself, leaning into the scratching. With a happy chitter, she moved easily from Casgar's shoulder to Jacomus', eyes still whirling in pleasant colors.

P'tius only shook his head, then grabbed a cup of klah. "Well... Suppose I gotta say I'm happy. Though couldn't you have settled for, I don't know... Fort Weyr?" At least Fort Weyr had the distinction of being the oldest Weyr on Pern. "Or Igen, if it's too cold at Fort Weyr for you!"

With his klah-occupied hand, Jacomus motioned to himself, "Pirate! Not changing that any time soon." He had, of course, at least changed his bathing and dressing habits, though. It was easier to take frequent baths when the water wasn't glacial in temperature, of course, and there was somebody around worth keeping clean for. Which, speaking of, he found himself drawn to burying his face in that lovely dark hair of Casgar's, his brother's presence be damned. He forgot where they were enough to let out a pleased sound, which Fish and Marsh echoed, their eyes shifting to a vivid purple.

P'tius made a small sound of disgust, turning away. "Right, I'm not sticking around if you two are going to snog, I don't want to see ANY brothers or sisters of mine getting hot and heavy!"

Mx Cherie

N'man and blue Fantoth

Several people had made exclamations of surprise as Fantoth went between and even under them. He paid them no mind, eyes shimmering greens and blues of delight. When he got close, he hunkered down as much as he could, slowly inching closer. Just a little...

N'man jumping and grabbing Fantoth from behind, JUST as he was reaching his brother, managed to startle the young dragon, and he let out a surprised little roar. When he whirled around, he looked at N'man in surprise, blinking almost owlishly. N'manmine! You startled me!

"Fantoth, when I said play with your brother, I didn't mean scare him!" Around them, people had already dropped their klah or food or whatever they happened to be drinking or holding and were giving the healer-turned-rider sour looks.

tatterpixie

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:23 am
K'gan and Singarth

K'gan had been busy, having made himself available to the healers, he had been swept along in the chaos of the hatching and after the event itself had assisted in transporting the wounded back to healer hall on long stretchers. However once the injured were settled in the hall with a whole pack of bustling healers there was not much for the blue rider to do, besides he could hear the soft hum of inviting music coming from the gather grounds. On top of that the smells of the cooking for the event were slowly filling up the entire weyr. Feeling he could be of no more use he slipped back to his own small corner of the weyr to get ready.

Unfortunately K'gan's way of living meant he had little in the way of fancy attire, most of his choices were thread bare and faded fabric. In the end, he managed to find some wher hide trousers without holes, a clean shirt and a faded maroon jacket that only had one patch on the elbow. He gave the buttons a half harted polish and judged it good enough. He even ran a comb through his hair. It was a marked improvement on bloodied and worn rider clothes he had been wearing, but K'gan till managed to look slightly scruffy.

Singarth was waiting for him as he excited the weyr and rumbled with excitement, shifting from one leg to the other happily. K'gan grinned as he sprang onto the back of his bonded. "You know, you'll have to stay at the edges. can't really have full sized dragons in the middle of a gather."

"I know, but it still looks a lot of fun, and I can talk t my new kin and did you hear that fantastic noise that little green made? I wonder if I can do it too, and you can see everyone and I can talk to the other dragons."

Singarth's enthusiasm would not be dampened by small details and K'gan loved him for it. A few wing beats and they were there. K'gan gave his blue a warm pat on the shoulder and sauntered towards the gathering.

Singarth meanwhile lay his front half against the ground and crept forward as much as he was able to before he started to become a trip hazard, slinking in low as if that would help people miss the large blue bulk. Then he sent out a loud

'Awwwwoooooooooooo'

directed at the gathered weyrlings and their bonded. A perfect imitation of the little green Therianth. The crescent moon on Singaths head was also a copy of the mark that had been on the greens egg.

Meanwhile K'gan's roving gaze had found a familiar figure trying to battle with his new lifemate and he grinned, creeping up behind N'man he pounced latching onto him from behind even while the healer held the little blue. "Congratulations Nora! knew you'd come good in the end. You know only the best riders impress blue's." He teased before planting a teasing, loud and wet smacking kiss right on his cheek. "What's your little one's name then? And have you seen Haukai around? That women owes me a drink!" And he was determined to beat her this time.

Andranis

tatterpixie

faesinger
Cause big wolf is drawn to little wolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:15 am
Roknhin

Roknhin sat some distance from the bonfire, Konvakith's head resting across one leg, nuzzling his stomach fondly every now and then, his guitar sitting on his other knee. It was where he'd headed first after leaving their new barracks. With no real intention of returning to the feast, he'd made himself comfortable in the soft sand, and started to play, the soft, somber music washing distantly over the burning vigil and melting into the waves. He sat at a distance, not sure his presence there would be helpful; a stranger from another Weyr, with a dragon he didn't deserve. But he'd lost a sister the same way. It didn't seem like a day he could celebrate.

He could remember only too well what it felt like to be in that position, and had tried to think of something he wished someone had said to him. But the truth was, there was nothing. Nothing could be said in one night that would make a difference in the long run. What really mattered were the people willing to stick it out through turns of depression and self doubt, until he finally saw the light again. In the end, music was his one comfort during those times. So instead of trying to find the right words, he sat away from the main bonfire, letting the gentle music be his sole tribute to the boy he didn't know. And hoping it could go some way towards soothing the hearts of those left behind, as it once had for him.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:57 am
Serfie looked at Migel "no it's... ok you weren't interrupting" she stammered, she didn't seem to realise he was feeling almost as awkward as she was feeling "Don't mind me, you're Shahera's friend" she smiled woodenly, freezing in place but wringing her hands, her Gold and Blue flits on her shoulders fidgeting and Rags lashed his tail, the blue being more defensive than Tiny the gold was.

She didn't exactly squeak when Therianth nudged her back towards Shahera but she did give a small gasp, especially when the young green rubbed her a little in affection, she genuinely smiled then, it made her think of Nasath and she reached her hand down to give the Green's head a little pat before guilt stabbed her and she almost winced in pain but she held herself together, if she wasn't careful to close herself off, she might go back on her plans.

She looked up sharply from her inner thoughts when she heard Shahera thank her, and Migel. "Shahera... it's ok" she said, giving the other girl a small smile "have you eaten yet?" she asked, although she'd eaten a pile of food, she could stand to eat more.

DruidTigress

faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:02 am
Revel1984

faesinger

Migel

"Ah, no.. You're fine." he said, unsure how to make her feel more at ease. He was afraid she might be overstating their relationship. Though he would hope Shahera did think of him as a friend, he wondered if was just the connection from their Hall and the fact that they both knew secrets about the other, that projected this sense of closeness. At least, it seemed, she felt the same amount of regard for Serfie as she did for him. If anything, he felt like she would be the better one at comforting her. He might have known her longer, but complex emotions were never something he was good at.

Fortunately, the dragon gave them both a little encouragement, nudging them back in towards the circle. He nodded back when Shahera thanked them. "Of course." he said, simply. He still considered her a friend, one of the very few he had. Missing a feast meant nothing compared to that.

He was a little worried about missing C'sar though.. If they didn't get a chance to talk tonight, when would be the next time? He continued to watch him from across the hall, in short glances between their conversation. It was second nature by now. When left alone, his eyes simply followed him through any crowd. He'd wanted to catch him alone. Now he was talking to Marinel and Dolmar, and part of him wished he hadn't waited. But if Shahera was in need, even that could wait. Altruism aside, he needed her now more than ever. She was his best point of contact within the weyrling, and the only one he could trust with certain aspects of what he did. If he could rely on anyone to look out for his friend in his absence, it was her.

Still. He saw the aggressive posture Marinel had adopted and it set something burning in him. His eyes narrowed angrily. As if he wasn't annoyed with them enough already because of Shahera. What right did they have to be mad at his friend? "Don't." he called, a dark brown flitt appearing on his shoulder. "Go say hello." he whispered, looking across the hall.

"I could get you something if you like." he offered, focus returning to Serfie and Shahera. In case they weren't ready to head back into the crowds. He hadn't eaten himself either, but he didn't feel very hungry right now.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:39 am
Rylyrr

He had browsed the feast tables, settling on a goblet of white wine and a plate of sea side delicacies that usually where not available in high reaches. Well, not without importing them in. Good food, and well perhaps not the finest of wines, but decent and could ease some of the doubts of being left standing. For too many turns.

Now he was going back home and it was half depressing and half relief. Being alone in a new Weyr would have been difficult but it would beat returning once again looked over and he shouldn’t be thinking of it but it was easy to.

He shut his eyes, centering himself and breathed out for a moment. Enough of this, he wondered where Akaris was, if she would come or even stay. The hatching had been more violent then usual.

Ooh.

She was lovely, and he could faintly see a few things that half reminded him of his mother before she left for a high-end party or commitment. She was beautiful, and perhaps she would care to dance. “Akaris!” He called, motioning.

Meepfur
Akaris

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am
Don't

Taking off from his bonded's shoulder, Don't flew over the feast, circling overhead for a moment until he found the group he was looking for. The striped brown swooped out of the darkness, flying low past Marinel's shoulder, close enough to startle, possibly, though not enough to seem like he had done it on purpose. He landed on C'sar's shoulder, folding his wings meticulously. Though his eyes flashed red for a moment, as he stepped his front legs across his other side, he seemed to melt into his neck, his tail curling contentedly as he put his head down gently on his shoulder, chittering softly and conveying warm, protective feelings.

I'm here. I'm with you. I'll be right there.

Thaliawen

Mx Cherie

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:04 pm
People near Shahera and Co
A very excited hatchling just mentally howled for you.

Now that Shahera was actually looking at the pair with her she was able to notice somethings she had completely missed earlier. She did blink a little at Therianth’s handy work as the dragon moved back to her side. Therianth received a fond pat in return for the lean that she was now doing. The world was beginning to piece back together for Shahera. Though in a new and unfamiliar way.

Serfie looked uncomfortable, not an unusual state for Serfie, but also more closed off than normal. Which was to be expected, Shahera guessed, after all that had just happened. She certainly didn’t fault Serfie for her feelings. Migel looked uncomfortable as well, in a different way. He was not all that good with emotions, Shahera knew, so her state must be difficult for him. “Of course it may be, but I am finding that one should not take their friends for granted right now.”

“I am not…” Her stomach disagreed with the statement she was about to make. “Food would be good.” Shahera did not miss the look that Migel sent into the crowd behind her, nor the exchange with his fire lizard. She gave him a sharp look as if to say ‘what did say hello mean exactly?’ However instead of asking, she simply told Migel, “I think be a good idea for us all to go.”

Therianth perked up at Shahera’s side when she heard Singarth’s howl. Yeeeessss. Things were looking better for her Shahera and there was plenty to celebrate.

Awwwwooooooooooooooooooooo she sent to all around her, dragons and people included. Shahera quickly tried to shush Therianth who danced out of reach and gave a wiggle to say she wanted to play now. They were at a celebration, after all. No more time for sad faces! It was time to PARTY!

DruidTigeress

Revel1984

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:33 pm
Serfie looked away from Migel, uncomfortable but trying her best. She didn't know him, except from their introduction at the hatching and then, things were totally screwed there. She didn't mean to ignore him, she just didn't really know what to say.

"we should probably go over to the tables?" she suggested "before it starts going cold" She jumped out of her skin almost literally when Therianth howled, she definitely went at least a foot into the air, spinning round, almost dragging the knife out of her boot while giving a small squeal. "pl...please warn me next time" she gasped, her hand to her chest as she felt her heart thudding as if it was going to explode.

DruidTigeress

faesinger

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:47 pm
L'nik and Brown Hessianth

Awoo?

Awoo!!?

L'nik looked down at Hessianth immediately as the brown rumbled with amusement and threw his head back to join in his sister's howling. AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! he howled along with his green sister, then cackled, flaring his wings out. The boy reached out to grab his head knobs and the dragon nudged him back, craning his head to one side. The silent plea was obvious and he ran his fingers along the side of the dragon's head, drawing out soft kreels of delight.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:30 pm
Without even the smallest amount of prodding the little green flounced over towards her sister, wings fluttering in her happiness to see Nzambith out and about. Her rather gloomy sister was beautiful in her quiet and reserved sort of way, something that Seirath herself did not possess or even show signs of understanding, why be reserved when there were so many about that could adore her and pay attention to her beauty? Her singing trill was directed at everyone around as she set beside her lovely green sister and and sniffed at what she was eating.

It does seem lovely, I cannot wait to try it. If this is how food is normally cooked for humans I understand now why our sister tried so quickly to leave the sands to feast upon it.

"Wait your turn Seirath! There's plenty of food and plenty of attention to go around." Amra's voice called out to her, unable to pull herself away from the spoon in her hand and the plate she was holding with the other. The sea wherries alone reminded her of her old home and she just couldn't say no.

Where normally she might have taken a little more food than average, not much mind you, lest she lose her toned abdomen with excesses of flesh that would not do as she wished, Amra now grabbed even more, piling it high in the hopes that her little dragon might eat something. It would be hard to please her of course, that much she had already begun to realize and it hadn't yet been a full day. Fruit and vegetables, both sweet and roasted, the scent mixing with roasted meat as they were laid onto the same plate made her stomach growl in a way she hadn't realized. How had she been so hungry and not realized surely had something to do with how much her bonded dragon had consumed just after their Impression.

Such a small wave was all she needed to receive to wander in the direction her dragon had already taken before her. Placing her plate down with as much grace as she could muster while laden heavily she sat and let a smile flash over her features to match that of Vennodren's.

"It's nice to see you again." a thought crossed her mind briefly, she was generally alone in her thoughts of course and typically had no one other than herself to bounce anything off of. So rarely could she pose questions that she usually chose not to at all. "How.... how is it to have her in your head? I've been trying to get used to it all."

Certainly it was his first experience with something of this sort as well so he would be the best to ask. What she pulled up in her mind of him all indicated that he wasn't the type to allow the sort of drama that was happening at this feast get into him as well, and she had noticed the drama happening around them. If there was ever anyone that she could ask something like that, something that felt a little silly and not receive buckets full of judgement, Amra felt comfortable asking this man.

Softly headbutting her leg, Seirath looked up with pleading eyes for something to eat, her hunger spurred on by her sister's words and wanting to try the extra food that Amra had piled up. Offering the first of the spiced sea wherry her way and slicing into a piece herself she let the flavors take her back in time to simpler times. Closing her eyes to the howling she heard from one of the excited dragonets, she simply let herself be in that moment and enjoy it. There would be time for dancing shortly and it was coming after all.

Though Seirath was distracted by food she could still hear the howls her sister and a large blue dragon had sent to all the dragons about. It was of course not her cup of... of... what did dragons drink other than water? Either way it was not her cup of that but she could feel the excitement welling up inside of her and she let out a bright and loud trumpet in response.

SilverLutz

faesinger
Awwooooooo... ish. lol

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:57 pm
Candidate Rinis
(Waiting for reply)

Vosin and Killakeeth

"A pleasure to meet you C'sar, and your Illiandinth. I do hope you enjoy tonight. It's all uphill work from here," she grinned at him. Vosin chuckled as a chorus of howls started from the dragons. "Well I'd expect it from the hounds, but not dragons." She listened for a moment, amused.

Oh I do look forward to when your grown Illiandinth, the gold rumbled with amusement. That was one bronze she'd be keeping an eye upon.

The group was clearly in high spirits. Vosin held out her hand to Mari. "Come for a dance with me?"

[ quote="Smerdle"]O'len/ Aleyath with Rinis

Thaliawen
Mari with Vosin

ShinosBee
D'mar with Vosin

Mx Cherie
C'sar/ Illiandinth with Killakeeth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:37 pm
Migel

Migel returned Shahera's sharp look with a devilish grin, a little too pleased that she had caught on to the intent behind his order. He'd had the help of the Hold's master beastcrafter when training Don't, and the flitt knew all manner of useful commands, from causing a diversion to a launching all out attack. But much as he would have liked to have him 'accidentally' graze a certain candidate or weyrling on the way down, he did have to think of C'sar's position, and made sure to instruct him not to cause a scene."He'll behave." he assured her.

Not taking ones friends for granted only made him think of C'sar all the more, however. "If you prefer." he said, with easy politeness, though his attention was somewhat split. He was already trying to determine when it would be appropriate or polite to find a time to slip away.

The howling hatchling, though unexpected, didn't startle him. After that hatching, he couldn't really find that kind of behavior all that surprising. He looked for the nearest food table and started moving in the direction, though he was still watching the cluster of weyrlings candidates that included his friend from across the hall, hoping he would leave at some point and he'd be able to catch him alone. He picked up a red fruit from one of the tables, but no plate, waiting for the other two to get what they wanted instead.

Revel1984

faesinger

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:54 pm
Shahera gave Migel a skeptical look at his statement of behaving, but let it drop. She nodded to Serfie and began to follow Migel to the tables. Only Therianth was not interested in standing around any more. She decided to go the other way instead. What is over here, mine? Therianth asked curiously and full of mischief. Shahera looked between Migel who had made it to the tables and Therianth. With a sigh Shahera tried to herd Therianth back towards the tables. She was hungry. The dragon was not cooperating.

Therianth continued to dance out of reach from Shahera. This was a great game, she thought. Then she saw it. The dance floor. Oh, but that was even better! And her siblings could play, and so they should, while still small enough to do so. What a sight it will be!

Shahera saw where Therianth was looking and felt the excitement growing with in the dragon. “Therianth, please, I do not think…” But it was too late. Therianth was already calling to her siblings.

Hessianth, my brother who sings with me, will you dance with me as well?

Sister Seirath, come show your grace off for all to see.

Galleth, come join us and grow your appetite so that you may enjoy your food even more.

Show them your mastery of talents, dear Tinanath!

Young Suwayeth, let us prove the gentle soul you are.

Our fierce protector Helsinth, why don’t you allow some time for merriment as well?

Come mischievous Fantoth, show them what you can do.

Wonderful Aramath we are waiting for you as well.

Will you join us, noble Sarcoth?

Come play, Dokkaeth! Come play!

Will you deign to join us, beloved Illiandinth?

Beautiful Kiemeth, please grace up with your presence.

Brancath, show up your love!

Stoic Micheth, will you let loose for me?

Jannath, let the eyes feast upon your greatness!

Will you come too, oh daring Aleyath?

Set aside your vigilance for just a song, watchful Vedmath.

Come lend us your strength, strong Rouenth.

Please come, sweet Taivshath and join the fun.

Nzambith, will you exert yourself your your clutch mates this once?

Lovely Loreleth, please sing us a song while we dance.

Brave Konvakith, keep watch for us if you cannot join today.

We will dance in your honor, our angelic Akeroth.

And of course wise Strigonth you may join us as well. Never doubt your welcome.

By this point Shahera was just hanging her head in her hands. This could not possibly end well, but what was done was done. She did not have the heart to spoil Therianth’s fun right then. It did at least seem harmless enough, only disruptive. She followed Therianth as the dragon moved to the edge of the dance floor where she sat watching the dancers and waiting for her siblings.

demon_pachabel

Hattaki

Shaddaling

tatterpixie

Mewsings of An Angel

Ryala

Andranis

Teiha

Waiver

stella cinere

Mx Cherie

DaisyMilk