Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synthetick

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 pm
Hi! I was in this guild a long time ago. I was mostly a lurker then, and have since lost my login. Actually, this may have just been a very long thread rather than a guild at the time. My memory's fuzzy.

Anyway, I'm here to find insight, guidance, an occasional healthy whack to the head, and, with any luck, maybe a friend or two. I am a pagan mom living in the SF East Bay Area with my son and partner. I'm 32, lesbian, and also transsexual ("transbian" doesn't sound insulting to me). My family and I have recently begun attending a UU church in San Jose. I am a music major who might graduate sometime before I die. I also write modern fantasy fiction and the rare poem.

I have been a solitary witch off and on for 16 years without any real structure or regularity to my craft. It has been been a dangerous way to work. I also had a Lutheran upbringing, and have long struggled with related guilt and ingrained teachings.

For the first few years, I was part of a very informal group--I suppose I could call it a coven, but we rarely performed rituals together. It was mostly just a loose, secret group to share perceptions and experiences and grow together. Then, some of us began to realize our "leader" was trying to take advantage of our trust and willingness to learn, and he had also developed feelings for me which clouded his judgment (he admitted this years later). We couldn't resolve the issues in a mature way, so we drifted apart and the group dissolved. I lost a great deal of motivation and my craft suffered.

Finally, many years later, I am ready to seek again. I worked best with a group, even a loose one, and I long for a more intimate and trustworthy connection with coven and craft. I know all covens have their issues, and I am more than willing to confront and resolve them, so long as all involved are willing and mature about it. To that end, I am returning to basics by studying world mythology, analyzing and journaling my history as a witch, and learning more about the many flavors of modern Paganism.

This is the shorter version of what I wanted to write. =S  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:07 am
Oh! An intro thread. surprised I was wondering where that was.

So, hello. My name is Kate, but I'm not terribly fussed over what you call me so long as I know it's me you're talking to. I'm mostly blind, in my late twenties, and just about to start grad school, studying linguistics. So anything language-related is love, and if you want me to talk excitedly for ages, all you have to do is ask a language question. You have been warned. razz

My best current descriptor of my religion/path is that I am a vaguely Pagan, very confused, eclectic something. I'm interested in magic and ritual as a way of connecting with the Divine (I'll get back to you when I figure out Who, or what Divinity is), rather than being about casting spells, or such. I've been working on a magical system of six Elements (rather than four; it always seemed one should cast a sphere, rather than a circle), and I've recently become interested in Kemeticism (reconstruction of ancient Egyptian religion), not so much because I'm interested in their Gods, but because of their philosophy and worldview. I read an essay on the ka which really resonated with me, and that obviously meant it was time for more research. I like to think I'm not too fluffy, but I'm also new to this whole Paganism thing, so...

I don't know if there's anything else you care to know about me?  

Katefox Tarnagona

Shameless Genius

LivingInOblivion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:39 pm
Hi! I'm LivingInOblivion. I have been a long-time lurker, and while I think I've learned a lot that way, I feel as though I've sort of reached a limit there. And I kind of feel like a creeper. So I'm trying to stop lurking and actually participate biggrin
I'm here because I have a hesitant interest in paganism, particularly Norse Paganism, and I want to learn more. And after lurking for so long and realizing just how much I don't know, I would prefer to learn in a way that does not sending me spiraling into fluffy-bunnyhood.
So... yeah. Nice to meet you!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:02 pm
My name is Marine (not RL name) I suppose it is aptly so that I call myself this. I do not have much in the way of a religion since I am Agnostic/Deists. However, there are a few things that I do personally believe in and hold dear. I believe that water is the source of all life, whether it be the primordial soup, or the watery solution (ambionic fluid) of the womb. All things need some fashion of liquid to live. To me water is the most simple and pure liquid. I believe that all things have a spirit/life source whether it be a rock or a tree. I believe there is a life there otherwise how can we say "it's dead" when it is gone or ground into a powder?

My goal is to help life, nature, and people. I have been considering witchcraft for some time now. I just need to find the right way. I have been told that it is all based on intent, and not casting spells, or holding the right rituals. I just don't know where all to start, or what path would be best for me.

I know that so many people will more then likely disbelieve what I am to say next. Ever since I was a child I have been able to sense things. I even had a ghost as a child hood friend. While that sixth sense has waned over the years it is still a part of me. I wish to also utilize this in my practice. I believe it is a valuable gift, and could aid in any sort of divination or vise versa.

I have two wonderful friends who have helped me with a ton of research, but even they are unsure of where my path should lie. Both are Pagan in their own right.

If there is anything else you would care to know about me feel free to PM and ask.  

Marine-Kitty

Satyr Prince

Tipsy Reveler

6,950 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:31 am
Marine-Kitty
My name is Marine (not RL name) I suppose it is aptly so that I call myself this. I do not have much in the way of a religion since I am Agnostic/Deists. However, there are a few things that I do personally believe in and hold dear. I believe that water is the source of all life, whether it be the primordial soup, or the watery solution (ambionic fluid) of the womb. All things need some fashion of liquid to live. To me water is the most simple and pure liquid. I believe that all things have a spirit/life source whether it be a rock or a tree. I believe there is a life there otherwise how can we say "it's dead" when it is gone or ground into a powder?

My goal is to help life, nature, and people. I have been considering witchcraft for some time now. I just need to find the right way. I have been told that it is all based on intent, and not casting spells, or holding the right rituals. I just don't know where all to start, or what path would be best for me.

I know that so many people will more then likely disbelieve what I am to say next. Ever since I was a child I have been able to sense things. I even had a ghost as a child hood friend. While that sixth sense has waned over the years it is still a part of me. I wish to also utilize this in my practice. I believe it is a valuable gift, and could aid in any sort of divination or vise versa.

I have two wonderful friends who have helped me with a ton of research, but even they are unsure of where my path should lie. Both are Pagan in their own right.

If there is anything else you would care to know about me feel free to PM and ask.
Fancy seeing you here! *gives her friend a hug*  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:47 pm
Strega Mama
Fancy seeing you here! *gives her friend a hug*
*hugs tight* Just trying to find my way, and be smart about it.  

Marine-Kitty

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 am
Hello everyone, I am Drosselmeier's Doll or Tiffy in real. Most people just call me Dross here though. I have been a wiccan for over 7 years and am still studying like the day I started learning about it. So if anyone has any questions or wishes to know anything that I may be able to help with I will gladly do so.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll
Hello everyone, I am Drosselmeier's Doll or Tiffy in real. Most people just call me Dross here though. I have been a wiccan for over 7 years and am still studying like the day I started learning about it. So if anyone has any questions or wishes to know anything that I may be able to help with I will gladly do so.

I suggest you read the Wiccan FAQ before continuing to call yourself a Wiccan.

"There is nothing to fear when you have nothing to lose."

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:12 pm
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Sir I actually am wiccan, I belong to a coven. I am not allowed to say which one but I am telling you that I am. Please do not reply to me with things like this again.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:21 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Sir I actually am wiccan, I belong to a coven. I am not allowed to say which one but I am telling you that I am. Please do not reply to me with things like this again.

Why? Because I'm questioning you?

Age? Tradition? Names of the Lord and lady?

Just because you belong to a coven does not automatically make you a Wiccan.
Derp.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Derp.

this is not questioning me actually this is partly trolling. neutral Be nice. If you really want to know then why not simply ask?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:25 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Derp.

this is not questioning me actually this is partly trolling. neutral Be nice. If you really want to know then why not simply ask?

That's not trolling. That's questioning.

What's so hard about answering the questions I just asked?

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:30 pm
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

Derp.

That's not trolling. That's questioning.

What's so hard about answering the questions I just asked?

You should really read what you type... anyway here are the answers which you seem to seek.

Age?: 22
Tradition?: Neo Celtic wiccan
Names of the Lord and lady?: Hades, Persephone (mostly Persephone is the one I converse with)

and yourself?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:31 pm
DrosselmeiersDoll

Names of the Lord and lady?: Hades, Persephone (mostly Persephone is the one I converse with)

and yourself?

The Celtic tradition is not a Wiccan Tradition.

Why are you a follower of a Celtic tradition and following Greek deities?

I'm not a Wiccan. I'm an ENP.

Calelith

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100

NadiaGem

6,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:33 pm
Calelith
DrosselmeiersDoll

and yourself?

The Celtic tradition is not a Wiccan Tradition.

Why are you a follower of a Celtic tradition and following Greek deities?

Is there a rule that says I can't? From what I was told any lord and lady that called to you could be the ones who you chose to walk by. You seem to have avoided my question however.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff