Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:44 pm
Here's my proof on the Soldier weight/payload thing:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3912/is_200706/ai_n19433255/  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:49 pm
I started thinking of all the things the Givins could do to give us an upper hand without picking up a blaster... Damn.

Then I needed to find a way to ~suggest~ these to the Givin and inform them of our arrival. High-end math with proofs that "prove" how they could overthrow the sith yoke, broadcast planet wide.

Behold the power of math. eek  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:51 pm
toss in a few binary jokes, and you'd probably be quite well recieved.

You know, the givin remind me of the italians in Catch 22.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:55 pm
Ok, we need to figure out if the Givin even support Marr or not.
From what he's posting, he thinks the Givin fully support him.
Lyran citizens or not, they were still invaded at a time when they were Republic Citizens and pretty much free to do what they wanted.
Most people do not like being invaded regardless of the reason.

And I'm ******** glad to see that not a one of you cocksucking ******** has even considered using any of the ships I made for the RP so that everyone has a general pool of ships.
No.
You all made your own ******** ships. And from what I know, they will all be horribly unbalanced.
Rather than encourage you dipshits to actually employ strategy (Because everyone is using the same toys with just minor differences), now you're all going to start this arms race bullshit that plauged the Legacy era RP.
All that work, shat upon.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:04 pm
I have a siege boat, some canon fighters, a corvette class that I used when I was playing another character, an atmospheric fast attack frigate class, and the command ship. I'll be adding no more ships. If I need a general fleet combat ship I'll get one of yours, but thus far I'm gunning for as unconventional as I can get...

Why would the Givin support him? Did he assist an uprising? If not its simply an occupation by a hostile totalitarian regime. Thats pretty straightforward.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:07 pm
And lemme guess.
All stats ******** maxed.
Like what everyone and their ******** mother has for their personal ships.

Jesus Christ.
Thats another thing I like about being a GM IRL. Around a table, I can smack people if they do stupid s**t, or throw something at them or glare menacingly as I sharpen my knife.
On the webs, no such instant retribution exists.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:12 pm
Sorry. Inapropriate venting was inappropriate.

Now then. Marr's invasion of Yag Dhul.
It starts here:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10913899&page=92
Ends here.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10913899&page=95  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:13 pm
They aren't maxed... hell the fast frigate is gonna be paper thin boat, meant for hit and run. The Corvette is almost unshielded relying instead on armor. The fighters are Buzzards... which I don't think are shielded and only have one gun.

The only real heavies are my command boat and the siege boats... and in the case of the siege boats, they have to be completely immobile to fire their main guns (Well they have to be ballistic) so they can't be used against ships in a proper battle type of way.

If my ship is unbalanced then what about your Tett Flagship? It's the same basic concept, albeit a larger and more powerful vessel.

EDIT: Whoops sorry about that.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:16 pm
Thats different.
No. No it is.
drop it.

But from what I can gather, Marr sent a rather small force to aid in the planetary overthrow of the current government.
The Insurectionists were a liberal group of Givins, which just proves what every Republican believes: Liberals are on the side of Darkness and Evil.  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:19 pm
So he's proping up a minority government, that's about what I thought, so our primary objective is the capture of the minority government. Once thats done then it clearly is nothing more than an occupation.

EDIT: Anyway I'm off to see if this Star Trek reboot is worth a damn. Somehow its been getting good reviews.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 7:26 pm
Seems so.
Marr sent an invasion fleet of 1500 vessels including 6 Centurian Battlecruisers.
On the surface that seems like a lot until you realize that Marr counts fighters among his capital ships.
Each of those battlecruisers holds 96 Sith Fighters, each of his Interdictor class ships holds 48 Fighters.
If you take that into account, his actual fighting ship number is small, but powerful against an unprepared world and indimidating.
Updated as they may be, however, his ships are still technically obsolete with the Sith lacking the technologies necessary to fully keep the Interdictors and Centurions up to date.
Two Centurians have already been Sunk by TEF forces as well as a number of other vessels.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:34 pm
Cale Darksun
Ok, we need to figure out if the Givin even support Marr or not.
From what he's posting, he thinks the Givin fully support him.
Lyran citizens or not, they were still invaded at a time when they were Republic Citizens and pretty much free to do what they wanted.
Most people do not like being invaded regardless of the reason.

And I'm ******** glad to see that not a one of you cocksucking ******** has even considered using any of the ships I made for the RP so that everyone has a general pool of ships.
No.
You all made your own ******** ships. And from what I know, they will all be horribly unbalanced.
Rather than encourage you dipshits to actually employ strategy (Because everyone is using the same toys with just minor differences), now you're all going to start this arms race bullshit that plauged the Legacy era RP.
All that work, shat upon.

1.) I'm not trying to suggest that the majority of the Givin populace supports their invaders. That would be a ridiculous assertion. I am just trying to model the invasion style of the Lyrans on that of ancient Rome. When the Romans took a territory, those in it were treated as Romans; not slaves to an invading force, but free citizens of the Empire.

Many of the Givin naturally resent the invading force, I was just trying to illustrate the invading force's point of view. In the Lyran's mind, Yag'Dhul is now as much a part of their territory as one of the outlying planets on the rim of their system. (Almost done with the OGG entry btw.)

2.) I like the ships you designed Cale, I really do. And I would like to use some of them from now on. However, the "projects" I mentioned have been in my plans for some time now. I'm trying to keep it as balanced as your stuff, but I don't want to just throw away the ideas I came up with just because you came up with something else.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:37 pm
Gotcha.
Well hopefully I won't have to involve myself so much in Lyran interests in the near future and I can focus efforts elsewhere.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm
Have fun.

And yes, Liberals are on the side of Darkness and Evil.

But they have cookies!

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:17 pm
....whats this about liberals?  
The Second Imperium