Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Through Your Eye's Hunting Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:13 pm
Flint looked nonplussed -- Butcherbird had talked a little bit too much, and probably hadn't made himself any friends by being who he was. Meanwhile Flint found himself on his best behavior, but it was getting to be a little grating what with all of the infighting. He shrugged, moving into the thick of conversation, dragging his feet so that the grass rustled around him. "Working with no information is kind of the name of the game, and it seems like that's how this game is going to be played from here on out. If people aren't talking it's just as suspicious as people talking too much."

Which, in a word, was kinda stupid, really -- all this talking, or not talking, and nobody getting anywhere. He sighed and tossed his head back, "But if I have to sit and tell everyone who I'm suspicious of, I'd have to say Freedom to Act or Fiend."

One was random, the other far too talky in Flint's book -- and he wasn't scared of the Legendary. His father was a Legendary.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:43 pm
"I'm only enforcing the natural order of things," Colored Spring said, with a lazy wave. "Green kin are clearly inferior to all others. If this were more than a game, I'd do the same. Really, our benevolent hostess and this fine lady Rising Sun are the only ones around here I wouldn't vote to kill. None of you are terribly pretty. On that note, I'm voting for Wild Sage again."

((apologizes to everyone because I am doing a terrible job of RPing this a*****e it's been so long))
Amizade

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm
"Really?" Tracks leveled Colored Springs a unimpressed looked. He snorted. "My vote has to be for Colored Springs, for voting others off because their lack of beauty in the natural orders of things is not at all helpful." Was he dripping sarcasm? While yes, yes he was.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:33 pm
"Aw shucks," she said out loud shaking her head. Upon hearing the news of the two new deaths of kin, she was not sure what is going on anymore.

Kiss of Death thought there might have been something she could go off on but left and right the kin all blend in well through her eyes. Who's who? Although she still had her suspicious set of eyes on the dark blue meti, she had no choice but to hear what others had to say this time around. Her one measly vote against him was not enough to vote him off. As if her vote was a bit of a waste.

She clicked her tongue and calculated the situation in her mind and did not like the odds of this. "If the predators keeps this up by throwing us off and in the wrong direction..." She shook her head again.

Blurs and Stains and Butcherbird both had given their opinions but somehow the group hadn't agreed with what they had to say. Was it something they have said that drew suspicion?

(( sorry i will be editing this post a bit. i feel like a got beat up from work. ))

Indeed there is also the fact that there were kin with the same bone markings as her but she'd already concluded that looks had nothing to do with the game. If they still went through with that, she would have been long gone since she can't really get rid of her natural sly grin. As for the quiet ones.. It was not like her to follow the few voices out there from the players who are still remaining so far, but the more she thought about it the more reasonable it sounds to vote off the ones that haven't said much or anything at all? But then again, Flint had a good point too. Talking too much could case issues too. Like Butcherbird that had put himself into the spotlight.

Time was running out. She needed to cast a vote soon.

(( omfg sorry for long post ))  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:14 pm
thyPOPE
Amizade
Wild Sage blinked and tilted his head. How in the world had he managed to address the wrong doe? That was probably the most baffling thing he'd done all day. Obviously he needed more sleep, or not to yell himself silly, or something the like.

"I uh, sorry for the mixup," he muttered, sheepishly eying Freedom to Act and Expecting to Fly. "I guess I'm a little more stressed than I thought."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:36 pm
Kitty Sprightt
She smiled and shrugged an acceptance to Sage - it didn't matter much. "We think we'll vote for Second Star to the Right," she said suddenly. It was actually probably pretty likely that Through Your Eyes would get angry at that doe anyway, but...with the day's end approaching so soon, and the other likely loss, she thought perhaps voting for Colored Spring was too risky - though she'd certainly go for him tomorrow if there proved to be no further leads. Him or perhaps Doubleback, who seemed to never comment on anything besides her vote target, and seemed to greatly prefer summarizing things to providing opinions. But the votes on Colored Spring were certainly reasonable, and she didn't really want Wild Sage dead if he was going to continue contributing in some small capacity - that was two votes on him already today, and while Colored Spring was an annoyance, Life wanted to minimize the prey team's losses.

If Flint suspected her, that was fine. At least he wasn't parroting someone, and she was aware that her attitude wasn't a popular one amongst kin - and he seemed to like the thought of not being quiet the whole day. She didn't know what to think of whatever it was Kiss of Death had said, though - it was difficult for her to make heads or tails of it.

[@Tia - I think you're playing him pretty well! xD He's just frustrating Life because she thinks he's not trying to help anyone at all.]  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:43 pm
Feral Storm looked at the all of these kin giving their opinions. He especially took notice of Wild Sage, who was speaking more than usual. "You know, that anger is unbecoming on you," he smirked. As odd as it was though, the buck's outburst couldn't possibly come from a predator. "Well, you've convinced me of your innocence. Nobody could pretend to be that angry."

The dark blue buck continued to watch the others. If he were going to catch a predator hiding in plain sight, then he'd have to start thinking like one. "I'm still not sure of who my be a predator, but I do think that those not offering thoughtful opinions or those who are trying hard to blend in are the most suspicious. With that in mind, I'd like to cast a vote for Second Star to the Right as well. She hasn't been offering much to help us win."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

'Fine lady'? 'Ohhh, it finally clicked, and Rising Sun blushed at the realization. "Why, thank you, Colored Spring. I don't think this is the place nor time for romance, but I'd certainly like to meet with you afterwards." Sure, he was a bit of a jerk and his made accusations were backed with no basic evidence, but Sunny didn't recall ever being called a fine lady. She could easily shrug off that personality flaw.
Then another thought dawned on her and she quickly turned to face the others, "we should play this with the assumption that we're always making the wrong choice.." Of course! It was so simple, yet it made more sense than blindly fishing for predators. And yes, maybe everyone was already thinking this, but she couldn't help but point it out. "With little information going around, we are almost forced to absorb what's openly given to us. But it's what's hidden that we should be digging for." Rising Sun eyed each Kin, hoping to catch a twitch or a glimmer of guilt throw someone off.
Tiarana

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

phoenix kiss
Crew

Magical Girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:53 pm
Flint had listened to what everyone else had had to say -- and it seemed like they were voting based on personal thoughts. Which was all fine and good, he thought, but this wasn't so much about the individual as it was the group.

He shrugged. "I'm voting for Freedom to Act. I've got a bad feeling."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:22 pm
She gave up wondering why the predators had 'killed off' Butcherbird. He didn't seem like a threat to her even if she hasn't spoken much since the beginning of the game. On her mental list of who are suspicious he was nowhere near the top of being voted off.

After hearing Feral Storm, her suspicion of him started to wear off a little. Was she wrong in the second round/day? Still, she kept watch of him.

She listened and looked at the kin conversing back and forth. There was no need to interrupt anyone since she wasn't much of a conversationalist anyway.

She knows that if she had something to say, she better say it now. Who knows, for today, and previous days, she had an equal chance of being targeted too.

"Well, I can see why being silent can be seen as a bad thing, but just to vote someone off for not speaking sounds a bit absurd too. Are you all saying that if I haven't spoken in this round I had an equal chance to be voted against too?" This time it was her that tilted her head hearing the names being called out. Something didn't seem right to her but she had nothing to back it up.

"I am voting for Freedom to Act. There really isn't a we since I am not using my vote against Second Star to the Right." She then trailed her eyes across the remaining kin and focused them on Lightning Strike about what she had said earlier on. "I don't believe the ones with voices can be less of a target than the silent ones."  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fiend languidly opened up his eyes from his catnap and peered at others from behind his curtain of hair. What started out as a nervous gesture and a necessary barrier from seemingly prying, judging eyes (oh, the follies of youth- as a stag he now knew better) now became second nature. And let them stare for he had sensuously ethereal hair. His eyes took their time in perusing the members left in the game. Though Freedom was loud with a chip on their shoulder, Second was quiet. Not that silence was a bad thing. From there on out, he closed his thoughts. Not that it mattered. Second Star already had enough votes to sway the crowd. He had his suspicions but wanted to wait until this next round played out. There was something about Errant Thought that itched the spot behind his shoulder blades. For that reason, he saved Freedom and voted to make sure the kin stayed in the game.

"Well old chum, seems like you're not too popular at the moment" he nodded to Freedom, "But I'd rather you stay in the game for a bit so Second Star on the Right gets my vote."
He made sure to keep track of who voted for the loud kin.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:41 pm
Errant was a little unnerved by Butcherbird's demise, and more than a little puzzled--he'd been suspicious, very true, but unless the predators had chosen to take out one of their own as a distraction, he was as bad at guessing as anyone--it was all still random at this point, from what he could tell. With a small sigh, he shrugged. Time to guess again, although he was losing hope that the guessing would get any easier.

"My vote is for Second Star to the Right, as well." He said it simply--it was his second time voting for the doe, and his reason this time was much the same as his last--she hadn't spoken much, and when she had, it hadn't been to offer any new information.  

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Through Your Eye's smile was cold when the group turned to her to begin the narration. The votes were in, but the results of the discussion were hardly promising. They were picking apart each other's words with little effect. There was no intervention though, only an increased interest in those who did speak.

She tossed her head, teeth bared in a feral grin, before beginning,"The prey are nervous and suspect all around them of being predators. The gory display from the previous night hangs heavy in their minds as they try to learn something, anything, about who the predators are."

"There discussions turn to those who don't speak. While it may not be indicative of guilt, they can no longer afford to keep those who do not contribute alive. While not everyone agrees, there is not much more they can do. For that reason, they turn on Second Star to the Right and silence her forever, leaving her bruised and broken, eyes cold so that she is neither right nor a star."

Through Your Eyes then turned her attention to those who had not spoken during the day round. Her gaze was flat and the twist of her mouth clearly spoke of displeasure. There was no apology in her voice when she spoke. "As the creatures are settling down to sleep, an preternatural quiet falls upon their gathering. They find it difficult to succumb to their exhaustion even as the sun disappears, leaving them in darkness. Suddenly, there is a loud yell. When they go to investigate, they find Eating Fireflies dead on the ground, throat slashed messily by sharp teeth, there would be no eating or speaking in his future. The predator that killed him is long gone, able to escape the hold that this world has on the rest of them."

"It is with Eating Fireflies' sudden death hanging over their heads that the creatures fall into an uneasy slumber and the predators rise to take up their hunt once more."

The 24 hour-ish night round starts now. This thread will be silent until Through Your Eyes begins the day round.

Day 4 Votes
Second Star to the Right: Minsuil (Doubleback), anemosagkelos (Lightning Strike), thyPOPE (Freedom to Act), Sarano_Krem (Feral Storm), fluorescein (Fiend), Vashtya (Errant Thought)
Wild Sage: Amizade (Expecting to Fly), Tiarana (Colored Spring)
Colored Spring: Shaddaling (Tracks)
Freedom to Act: phoenix kiss (Flint), FrostyPeaches (Kiss of Death)

Abstentions: Kitty Sprightt (Wild Sage), Nuclearity (Rising Sun)

Moonstone Dazzl
Unfortunately for Second Star to the Right, the tides have turned against those who do not speak.

Samuel Carli
Unfortunately for Eating Fireflies, Through Your Eyes also dislikes silence and has taken him out personally.

Face your demon
You didn't post today! Through Your Eyes is displeased and may be inclined to toss Flood of Light out of the game if this happens again!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 pm
The predators had trouble tonight deciding who they would kill, but Through Your Eyes watched their silent decisions with sharp eyes. Their votes were noted with a nod of her head before she continued her narration to start a new day, "The predators prowled amongst the sleeping creatures, considering each one carefully based on their potential threat and simply for the pleasure of killing."

"They don't have the pretend during the night that they are anything less than capable of killing all of the prey if given the chance. They finally make their choice and make quick work of their victim, twice. When they are finished, they return to their resting places and wait for the sun to rise."

Through Your Eyes smiles at the group and launches into the day, "The creatures wake up and find themselves treated to another scene. There is blood all over the ground, but no body. They look around and they know who has died, but it is not until they walk away from the blood to where they had decided to stage their next deliberations that they see what has been done. The predators had killed their victim, let the body bleed dry, before heading back to bring the body, lifeless and cold, to a clean location to sully it with their violence. They had to Doubleback after all."

"Repulsed, the creatures move once again, away from the blood, away from death, even though they too have deaths staining their paws and hooves. Before the sun goes down, they will have to choose once again if they will kill another."

Minsuil
Unfortunately for Doubleback, the predators couldn't resist the chance at additional violence.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:53 pm
First Butcherbird, and now the doe he'd expressed interest in? This newest kill made a lot more sense to Freedom to Act than Butcherbird's or Sweet Gale's had: Doubleback had not acquired a list of people distrusting her (and so would've been difficult to kill in the day), and it would be difficult to analyze her opinions of the list of players, for all the kin she had expressed an opinion on were conveniently dead. Falsely dead. Whatever.

Now the prey (and hidden predators, she'd admit) had to make their own decision, and she figured she'd probably need to have a voice in starting that. The amount of talkative players was dwindling. She turned a smile on Fiend. "We don't play this game to make friends," she told him. She'd wanted to press him (for his seemingly arbitrary choice the second day - though his votes the third and fourth had made a little more sense), or Doubleback (for her habit of only sharing her opinion on the kin she was currently voting for: it was not inherently suspicious, but it wasn't helpful, as they were now obviously discovering. Now Life would never get a chance to hear the green and purple doe's thoughts), or Colored Spring next.

Colored Spring...was interesting. It had escaped no one's notice, at this point, that Colored Spring was decidedly unhelpful. His obsession with voting for Wild Sage helped no one, and since he was the only really green kin left now that Doubleback, too, was dead: well. Life had to admit that his recent habit of not voting was questionable at best, but at least Wild Sage had something to offer. And of course, twice the predators had killed green kin. Even if it was small, there was a tenuous connection there, and it was not impossible that the buck was a predator, knowing what little she did of him. And if he wasn't, at least she'd be setting her vote on someone who didn't help the prey team. "You," she said, nodding briskly at him. "Why Wild Sage?" They were probably not the best words to start the day with, but she'd sure the rest of the group could understand where the question was coming from.

Tiarana

Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces