Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

horseluvrelisha

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:34 am
As someone else said, I was also invited by Pixie and probably pulled from the International forum wink ... my name is Elisha, I'm 18 (19 in... *counts on fingers* 3 months!) and I'm an American francophile. xp France is my "favorite" country; I spent part of last summer there as an exchange student, absolutely LOVED it, and am going back this summer to stay with my host family again (and then bringing my little "host sister" back with me to the United States; she really really wants to go and improve her English. I love it when French kids/young teenagers try to speak English, it's freaking adorable). I've been taking French for over six years now and am pretty close to conversationally fluent, though I would love to strengthen my grasp on more advanced and idiomatic grammar.

I love my native language as well; I'm double majoring in French and English. smile

I'm learning Japanese at my university (it's my favorite of the Asian languages because it's the prettiest-sounding IMO; I'm shallow rofl ) and Romanian in my spare time (it's a fantastically underrated language IMO, the only Romance language in eastern Europe, how awesome is that?).

My interests include languages, foreign cultures, grammar, writing, drawing (charcoal = win), painting, playing the piano, and most of all, my life, my love, my adopted son - my horse. His name is Silver; he is a grey Arabian and he is 8 years old. I've had him since he was a baby, trained him myself and love him with all my heart. heart

Sorry for the novel. I'm talkative. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:11 pm
horseluvrelisha
As someone else said, I was also invited by Pixie and probably pulled from the International forum wink ... my name is Elisha, I'm 18 (19 in... *counts on fingers* 3 months!) and I'm an American francophile. xp France is my "favorite" country; I spent part of last summer there as an exchange student, absolutely LOVED it, and am going back this summer to stay with my host family again (and then bringing my little "host sister" back with me to the United States; she really really wants to go and improve her English. I love it when French kids/young teenagers try to speak English, it's freaking adorable). I've been taking French for over six years now and am pretty close to conversationally fluent, though I would love to strengthen my grasp on more advanced and idiomatic grammar.

I love my native language as well; I'm double majoring in French and English. smile

I'm learning Japanese at my university (it's my favorite of the Asian languages because it's the prettiest-sounding IMO; I'm shallow rofl ) and Romanian in my spare time (it's a fantastically underrated language IMO, the only Romance language in eastern Europe, how awesome is that?).

My interests include languages, foreign cultures, grammar, writing, drawing (charcoal = win), painting, playing the piano, and most of all, my life, my love, my adopted son - my horse. His name is Silver; he is a grey Arabian and he is 8 years old. I've had him since he was a baby, trained him myself and love him with all my heart. heart

Sorry for the novel. I'm talkative. biggrin

I'm an Anglophile ;D

I'm trying to learn French too, but it's so confusing compared to spanish >.<

Welcome and i'm pleased you've chosen to be active, i hope you enjoy your time here :]  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

Miyalara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:15 pm
Hello, my name is Miya, I'd prefer not to give my real name for all intents and purposes...I am 22 ((23 on May 19th)), and I live in the US where right now our economy sucks and people are living inside their cars hoping to get a job so that one day they may afford a house. ((Not me obviously...but I've heard stories.)) I am going to be going to college...hopefully by next year...for Mechanical Engineering...although that may change to Archaeology depending. I like both for different reasons. Yes, I still live in my mothers house but I will be moving out at the end of this year and into an apartment, or something to that effect, with my two best friends Kat and Leia...neither of which use Gaia currently.

My first language is English, and I took two and a half years of French and can hardly remember any of it because it was high school and regardless of paying attention I still can't remember...though I suppose it is somewhere in the database of my brain...and I am also teaching myself Chinese and Japanese...not doing too well and the Chinese but I've been focusing on the Japanese moreso. I'm actually doing much better with Japanese than I did with French but I suppose that is because I am no longer in school and having to watch the Little Mermaid 2 in French.

I was invited here by PiercedPixie2 and look forward to enjoying this guild and making everyone's acquaintance.

My likes include drawing, reading, grammar ((can't teach children because I can't stand them but I do correct peoples grammar all the time)),etc.

My dislikes include rude people, people who can't wait their turn, people who jaywalk and people who aren't respectful of others basically.
It's nice to meet all of you.

Forgive the rant please.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:07 pm
Welcome, Miya. biggrin  

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Captain

Aquarriah Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:15 pm
Hello everyone!
My name is Cari. I will be 20 years old this Saint Patrick's Day. I love to travel and see new places. I have lived in or visited nearly half of the US as well as 3 different countries. I am fascinated by Europe and would love to go back again. Different cultures are like a drug to me. Learning new things is a passion. I hope to one day visit all of the 50 states and as many countries as I can get into.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:42 am
Hello! I'm Rebecca. I have not traveled as much as I want to; only to a handful of states here in the US (I live in Minnesota) and to Canada once or twice. I am a (quite dedicated) student of linguistics, and the thing I want most in life is to be able to document a previously underdocumented indigenous language of South or Central America. I am fascinated by the indigenous people of the world, particularly those of the Americas. Aymara is my favorite language, and I hope to facilitate learning the language for other people too (probably by translating lessons out of Spanish).

PiercedPixie2
I also know a girl on Gaia who is learning Aymara, i think she's active in it actually.

ohai  

Eccentric Iconoclast

In Medias Res III

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm
Shalom!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:21 pm
Yay! Welcome Rebecca!
I remember you from the language guild. biggrin  

Britomartis-the-Valiant
Captain

Verderbnis
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:02 pm
Hi, my real name is Wolff (yessss, it's a cool name), I am 22 years old and from Germany, Berlin to be exact. I admit my habit of being an attention whore from time to time (look at me, look at me, LOOK AT ME DAMNIT!!!). I have never seen the world outside of europe, I have not even been to all the 16 federal states of germany (Maybe it will become 15, I don't like bavaria).

My favourite hobbies are almost all things I usually do, reading, writing, drawing, 3D modelling, gaming, listening to music, hanging out with friends (in real life and on da intarwebz), and what not...

Currently I am not employed, I am busy with fixing my school career to get my middle school degree.

Did I already mention, that I am single? wink  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:46 am
Hello! Thanks for the invite. It looks like a nice place here smile
I am 23, Czech, I study Czech and German at the faculty of pedagogy and I also learn Spanish.
I love music [darkwave, gothic rock, neoclassical, metal, Spanish rock and metal, classical], the internet razz , books, dancing. I can play the clarinet but almost don't practice any more, and recently I've bought a tenor recorder but I haven't been playing yet either :/  

Ametrin

Einllikoach
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:57 am
Einllikoach
Hallo!

My name is Stav and I am a seventeen years old living in Israel. I have just graduated and now working as a caregiver and a private teacher.
I am pretty much bilingual. Apart from Hebrew and English, I have a good understanding of Aramaic (northern-central dialect) and I am currently studying Polish, German and Czech.

I have been in Australia, France and Poland. I am in love with Europe, especially its Central and Eastern parts, and quite obsessed with the Slavic cultures and ex-Communist countries. I would like to travel across the continent someday, and also in Caucasia, Ural Mts., Siberia, Korea and North America.

There are a few things I shall refresh about that add - I am eighteen now (for a few months already..) and 'working' as a soldier (yeahhh!).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm
The name is Bellalisa, Bella, or Hallie. I could care less.
User Image

I'm a bit vain and can be very full of myself. I am very into the way that I look, and i'm obsessive about grooming.

I'm 17, and a junior in highschool in Florida.

I haven't been outside the U.S unfourtonately. But I would love to go to India the most. I have many other places I want to go, but India is a must.

Thank you so much for inviting me to this guild. I hope to have many engaging conversations with my fellow guild members.  

Bellalisa

Higara

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:24 pm
Greetings. mrgreen

I was quite randomly invited by pixie. I don't usualy go on Gaia that often but the guild seemed quite interesting.

In any case I'm Joe. I'm a 20 year old 2nd year student of civil engineering. I'm a bit of a mix of cultures myself. Pure blooded chinese born and bred in Wales. English is my first language but I know a moderate level of cantonese and basic welsh.

Now I can tell you're thinking "Hey you said you were chinese! Joe's as chinese as Robert Kilroy Silk." (I doubt many people will get that reference sweatdrop ) But my first name is actualy Joewin.

I've been to a fair few countries in the world. Most of the UK, parts of Holland, Hong Kong and a few places in China. I'd like to go to many other places in the world like most of the medeteranian, America, Japan and whatever I have my eye on at the time.

Otherwise I'm a geeky chinese guy who wants to experiance many things while I still last on this patch of mud I call home.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:06 pm
I know Higara on Solia eek  

PiercedPixie2
Crew

In Medias Res IV
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:08 pm
I'm back!  
The World Mosaic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff