Submit

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:26 pm
The Navigator
RP with Laz and Riv! Finished!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:30 pm
A Trip to the Zoo
RP with Wasa! Finished!

Note: This RP happened shortly after the garden party event. It is misplaced in this post sequence!  

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 am
Of Morning Light
RP with Cesc! In progress!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 am
Memories on the Wall
RP with Zul! In progress!

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:39 am
The Meaning of Fear
Meta RP! Finished!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:40 am
Waking Up
RP with Cesc!! Finished!

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:53 am
Post Meta

Vi held the door open for Melisande, but the Sigel didn't enter. The sign for Second Chances creaked overhead as the wind pushed it, like saloon doors in an old western.

Melisande seemed shell shocked. She was looking slightly to the left of the door, but there was nothing there...not even the 'closed' sign that Vi had propped up pre-emptively in the window. It wasn't that the Muse refused to speak...Vi had seen her murmur to other Raevans as they'd parted. But the entire way home from the bus stop, Pasha hadn't so much as made eye contact.

Finally, she entered, and Vi locked the door gratefully behind her. "It was rough, huh?" Her words were inadequate, but she didn't know what else to say. "At least you found him! Don't worry, he'll be prime in no time." The shop owner settled her hand on Pasha's shoulder, and jumped as the Sigel visibly flinched.

Vi's heart began to ache. She understood, the Jungle was rough. Of course it would be! Melisande was a tea cup, a porcelain flower, and frankly Vi was surprised she wasn't visibly cracked. But whatever was still haunting her friend was a serious bummer. "Look, we can talk about it when you're ready. What do you need, girl? Aside from a stylist."

Her joke fell flat. Melisande made her way to the bathroom silently, and rested both of her hands on the edge of the sink. Viola entered after her, aware of the swish of her cords as her thighs rubbed and the clink of the charms in her dreds and the myriad of other noises she made that the Muse didn't seem to. She stared at the reflection of the Raevan in the mirror, watching the Pasha's eyes move as though she were reading fine print over the faucet. Without bothering to speak, Vi reached up slowly and pulled a little twig from Pasha's hair. The way the Sigel stiffened made her seriously sad.

Vi steeled herself and pulled a leaf free, then another twig, until the Muse's shoulders began to shake. She moved forward to hug her friend, and froze as Melisande jerked forward, one wing furling.

The other hung limply.

Something cold settled into the pit of Viola's stomach, and she backed out of the bathroom, breath coming short. There was something seriously wrong...

...and not a single thing she could do.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:38 pm
Worried for a Third Heart
RP with Rivener and Zul! Finished!

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:40 pm
The Proposal

Melisande kept her back against the door of her little back room, even after she heard the bell tinkle over the main entrance in parting. Her heart with racing, and her wing throbbed ferociously despite Zul's careful ministrations. Their words tumbled over each other in her memory, and she hesitated only a few moments before pushing away from the door and bobbing unevenly to her sewing desk.

She'd been writing for several minutes...every thing she could remember. Thoughts, quotes, expressions, reactions. Her pen hesitated over the word 'love'...and she closed her eyes against the sudden image of Rivener's earnest face. Of Zul's calm approval.

Only Vi's soft knock brought her back to reality.

"Hey."

The woman's voice was deceptively soft. Melisande could hear the trill of excitement under the casual greeting, and she shied away from the intrusion. Memories of being pinned below Anita, being belittled and insulted by Eiry and Harrison crowded her suddenly. Pasha's shoulders curved inward, and she squeezed her eyes shut as she heard the door creak farther open.

"Pasha, look. I heard...a lot. I heard you talking to them, at least. I know I wasn't there, we aren't like Jungle Buddies or whatever, but...I'm here for you. You know?"

Anger bubbled within the Muse, and she turned slowly, looking at the other woman for the first time since she'd returned. Her eyes were starkly blue, more than a little intense when surrounded by her wild, tangled blond mane. "Jungle buddies?!"

"Wow, hey, you talked. Look, I was kidding. I just..."

"I know. You just think you know best. You think you have the answer for everything. You think you can insult me! Control me! Force me!" The subtle sound of glass cracking accompanied the Muse's rising voice as she advanced on Vi, and the human stepped back, eyes wide. "Why don't you mind your own damn business?!"

Melisande's voice rang through the little store room, imposing and devastating. Tears stood out in Viola's eyes, but it took the Sigel a moment to realize that they were for her. "What happened?"

Her question took the wind out of the Sigel. Vi's eyes were green and bright, her chapped lips pressed tight. Pasha felt the strength go out of her and she slumped back on her cot. "I'm sorry. I've just...had enough of people."

For several long moments Viola considered this. Vi stared at the Sigel, Melisande stared at the floor. Finally, when she spoke, the woman's voice was surprisingly light. "I get it. It's like...when you get bit by a dog. Doesn't matter if it's not the same dog, you just kinda don't wanna see dogs for a while."

Pasha was stunned into silence. The analogy was perfect. Guilt overwhelmed her, and tears filled her eyes as she crossed her arms low across her stomach. She didn't want to see humans for a while...but damn it if Vi wasn't being sweet and understanding and entirely too reasonable. What she needed was something to rail against, something to fight, something to...

Hug. Suddenly they were hugging, or at least Pasha was hugging Viola. Vi patted her awkwardly on the shoulder, trying to avoid the bruises across the Sigel's back. "Look, when you're feeling better, maybe...you could tell me what happened after you shut the door?"

Melisande laughed suddenly, wiping her eyes on the sleeve of her pale sweater, and nodded. "It's unreal, isn't it?!"

"You're a lucky b***h." Vi said sagely, holding the Sigel at arm's length. Melisande took a breath, and started from the beginning.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:41 pm
Blossoming Vigil
RP with Laz! In progress!

Don't Judge a Book
RP with Lulu! In progress!

Counting Stars
RP with Zul! In progress!

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 pm
Appropriate Fishing Metaphor
RP with Wasa! In progress!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:25 pm
Rivener had worked so very hard to get this ready for his two special people. He hoped they would enjoy this and appreciate the gift! Perhaps it was because his affections were accepted by Melisande, or perhaps it was because Melisande had stopped thinking of Zul as a monster, but something had inspired Rivener to great depths of romance this year. And so it was that he sent both his special people a little wrapped box, delivering Pasha's to her current home and zipping away to hide at Aphi's before she saw him. Viola would have to be trusted with delivering the gift to the muse. On the box was a little note.

To Pasha
with love.
-Riv
(open it now!)

Inside the box was a silvery keyring with a variety of keys on them. Each Key had a little round sticker with a number on it, from 1 to 6. Some keys looked small, like they were for padlocks, others were bigger, like car keys or house keys, some were old-fashion and iron-wrought. Under the keys, on the fluffy cotton lining the box, was a folded note.

275 Songbird street

It seems Melisande had a trail to follow.

Melisandes Keys  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:25 pm
[PRP] Two Keys
Zul, Pasha, appearance by Riv
-finished!-  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:11 pm
New Year, Old Problems

"Okay, try this one next." Vi handed another dress to Melisande over the top of the dressing room door. The Muse floated higher to accept it, messy blond curls momentarily visible as she peered out at her friend.

"It's grey. Shouldn't I go for more color?"

"For New Years? Black and white are classy! Grey is like both at the same time. But let's see the one you've got on if you want color."

Pasha bumped the dressing room door open, hanging the grey dress on the wall before making her entrance. The door swung shut behind her as she twirled. The short dress she wore was a luscious magenta, one shade darker than the top of her ombre' ribbon. A glimmering brooch pinned the fabric under her chest, and layers of ruffles gave her the illusion of hips. Melisande paused, looking at Vi expectantly, and blinked as the woman began to laugh.

"You look like a fuchsia!"

"A what?"

"A- just give me your phone. I'll show you." Vi grabbed the Sigel's new phone and tapped in the pass code expertly. Melisande lunged for it. "What's this?!"

Pasha blushed as Viola squinted at her background picture and quickly snatched the phone out of the woman's hands. "Nothing! Mind your own business, human." The Sigel teased, shutting the phone back down with a click of a button. Viola laughed over Pasha's protests until the bells over the door chimed, silencing them both.

"Welcome to Second Chances! How can I...help you..."

Alain stood just inside the doorway, a red scarf edging his long black coat. He tugged his gloves off briskly, offering a smile that didn't reach his eyes. "Ladies. It's been a while."

The breath went out of Melisande. He seemed so large in the little shop, so stark against the rainbow of second hand clothes. Her heart was racing, and she realized she'd backed up against the closed door of her dressing room. "Alain..."

"Ah, you remember me. I'd wondered if you'd forgotten all about our little cafe'." He tucked the gloves in his pocket and unwound his scarf, draping it casually over one arm. "Viola, as lovely as it is to see you, would you give us just a moment?"

"Yeah! Yeah. Uh, I'll...grab us some coffee." Viola edged past Alain, grabbing her coat, and shot Melisande one last wide eyed look before slipping out the door of her own shop. Alain didn't so much as watch her pass. His eyes were fixed on the Muse.

Pasha pressed one hand against her stomach as Alain strolled forward. The little smile played over his lips. "Tell me, Melisande. Were you planning on returning to work, or are a silent partner now, little Songbird?"

L'oiseau chanteur. The Songbird. It was the restaurant formerly known as Plaza Cafe, which she now co-owned with Alain. Melisande winced at the reminder. His words cut effortlessly, reminding her both of her obligation and of the decision that faced her. "You...sent me home. I didn't think-"

"I told you to take a couple days off, Melisande. In what way does that equate to several months?" He stopped just a few feet from her, but he seemed to loom over her like a mountain. Alain's eyes were dark, despite the pleasant smile upon his face. "If you were waiting for an invitation to return, please forgive my delay. Won't you come back to us? After all, what is L'oiseau chanteur without its songbird?"

He reached forward and pressed the backs of his fingers against her cheek. They felt like ice. Pasha's lips parted as she took a breath, eyes averted. The silence stretched.

Alain dropped his hand. "That's a lovely dress you are wearing. Do you have a new job, perhaps?" There was something dangerous in his voice now. Melisande's eyes lifted to his face, and she lowered them again instantly, wishing she hadn't. "You did promise to sing for me alone. You signed a contract-"

"For money." Melisande corrected him, her voice a whisper. Her heart was still hammering. "I agreed not to sing for profit, anywhere but L'oiseau chanteur until the contract expires. Until..."

This time, Pasha lifted her eyes to Alain's face and kept them there. Slowly, things were falling into place. "Until the last day of the year. Our contract expires on December 31st." That was why he'd come. Only now did she see the slim leather folder tucked under his arm.

Alain laughed, a deep rolling sound. "So another establishment is courting you! Melisande, I guarantee you, the terms of my contract will be much sweeter than any other-"

"There is no other job."

He locked eyes with the Muse, who slowly pulled herself straight. She remembered Lulu, standing up fearlessly to those that threatened her. She remembered Rivener, giving his all despite a broken heart. She remembered Zul...

"Then what is the occasion, my dove?"

Pasha lifted her chin. Curls fell back from her face, brushing her slender neck. She felt almost naked in the slim satiny dress. "A party. For New Years."

His charming smile made a quick appearance. "A party? If you find yourself in need of a date-"

"I have one, thank you."

His smile faded. The silence was terrifying. When he finally spoke, it was a low, careless tone. The same tone he'd used when he dismissed her from work. "If you have so many other obligations, Melisande, perhaps we should find someone to take over for you as hostess."

"Perhaps we should. I will look at my schedule and let you know what I decide." The words almost all the strength she had. The look he gave her next took the last of it. The air around him practically crackled with chill, but Alain gave her a stiff nod and turned without another word. The door to Second Chances swung open as he pushed out, almost knocking over Vi and her stack of coffees. Alain didn't even register her as he passed.

"Hey girl, are you okay? Pasha? Pasha!"

Viola dropped the cups, hot coffee exploding across the floor, and ran to where the Muse was slumped against the dressing room door. "Did he hurt you? What the hell did he say?"

Melisande just shook her head, and covered her face with her hands.  

Aki Ana

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:20 pm
[PRP] Resolutions
Zul, Pasha, and Rivener
-finished-

Continuation RP:

Zul: *the sun was beginning to crest the cityscape when the demon floated into his bedroom with Rivener, draping over the Scorpion and nosing his jaw and neck, rumbling his name softly* Riv'ner, *he purred* we've a guest to take care of. Shall I start breakfast? *he'd since changed shirts from last night into a pale cream button-up half unbuttoned, the likes of which was threatening to not stay on if he had to take measures into his own hands to wake his beloved* Riv'ner~ *he grinned a little, playfully nipping the Scorpion's ear*

Rivener: Mngh? *he shifted as the other's touches trailed up to his ear.* Mhh, Zul-... Guest? Pasha? She's not up yet? *Yawning, the Scorpion rolled slightly so he was properly sprawled under his beloved, grinning up at him with half-lidded eyes. He raised a finger to boop at the other's nose.* Then you'd best get working on that breakfast you promised her, otherwise she'll think us horrible hosts. Go on, I'll get up and change... As soon as I get my own kind of breakfast. *snickering, he leaned up with arms lacing around the Demon's shoulders, pulling him down for a morning kiss.*

Melisande: *it took a while for the Muse to wake, face burrowed into the pillow and hair fanned out over the unfamiliar pillow. Her eyes opened slowly, unfocused and content, until the newness of the room registered. Lips parting, Pasha pushed herself up on one arm quickly, and closed her eyes as a wave of dizziness hit her* When…? Oh. Oh! *memories came filtering back, and she glanced down at the shirt she was wearing. Slender fingers toyed with a dark button. Vi’s unexpected gift of lingerie was still strewn over the foot of her bed. Pasha smiled and slid out from the covers. She slipped out of the room quietly, listening for the boys, and hesitated only a moment before pressing her fingertips against their door with the intent of peeking in to see if they’d woken.*

Zul: Not the last I checked. *He'd been admittedly concerned she might not be comfortable, but she'd slept well enough that he'd noted -- no doubt aided by the booze* Mmn? Hungry, love? *And he grinned with wicked enjoyment, sliding his arms into the warm cocoon of covers to wrap around his dark beloved, laying his form flat over Rivener's blanketed one. Bowing his head, he met Rivener's lips in a firm, eager kiss, slow but intense as all their mornings ought to be. The demon uttered a low, rolling growl-like sound of contentment, dragging Rivener's bottom lip between his teeth before he lifted his head just a little.* Will that sate you for a little while...? *He smiled, coy and teasing.*

Rivener: *The kiss was definitely what he'd wanted, and he arched himself to press more of his body against Zul, smirking at the growly sound from the demon. As they pulled apart he took a sharp breath of air, feeling his insides tingle and flutter as they always did when they kissed.* I am NEVER sated when it comes to you, Flower, but it will do for now. Go on, pry yourself off my sexy self and make me some food. *He grinned teasingly and snapped his fingers then pointed to the door without looking that way, almost hoping Zul would resist and keep kissing him. He, for one, wasn't trying to move yet.*

Melisande: *it wasn’t the best of manners, but Pasha stayed frozen as she was, peeking around the edge of the door. The feeling within her was suddenly as warm as the champagne. She hadn’t expected them to be awake, and she certainly hadn’t expected them to be…busy. Apologies rose reflexively, and she bit her bottom lip to keep them back. If they offered her a place in the house…and offered themselves…was she actually intruding?

Pasha gasped as Rivener snapped and pointed, and her cheeks instantly colored. There was no ducking back now! The fact that Rivener spoke to Zul, of all people, like that…even in jest…made her feel dizzy all over again* You didn’t even say please! Goodness. *she drifted forward hesitantly, still uncertain if this was her place, despite their previous welcomes. The dress shirt had slipped farther on one shoulder, showing the strap of Vi’s white choice over one shoulder* You ARE forward!

Zul: *The demon was beside himself with amusement at the self-compliments and snappy gestures, tilting his head back and laughing. He was about to refute Rivener's 'demands' and give him a thorough amount of attention -- but Melisande's voice stole his thoughts, making him jerk his head around with his eyes wide. Not only had she seen them - she'd stayed! New beginnings, indeed!* Melisande. *The amusement lingered, and in good spirits, he rolled onto his side, propping his arm up on one elbow to press the back of his head against, watching her, the other arm lazily draping over Rivener's chest. It's clear he had no intent to listen to the Scorpion's 'demands.'*

You should come help me punish him properly, hm? Before I /do/ make breakfast. *He glanced sidelong to Rivener.* Maybe for you, but not for him, not without a please~

Rivener: *startled by the sudden voice, the Scorpion looked over to where he'd been pointing, eyebrows arching high before he let his head roll back and laugh. Zul made himself comfortable and Rivener simply splayed comfortably on the bed, giving a langorous stretch, a contented cat in a warm spot of sun. His eyes glittered as he took her in, with his shirt slipping off her shoulder like that...* I have to say, you wear that much better than I do. I'm tempted to let you keep it. As for being punished, oh no! *he raised his arms and pretended fear, pulling a corner of blankets up to his nose and giving false trembles, pulling his best puppy-dog eyes* Please, no, anything but that! *Maybe he would say please later. Or just snap his fingers again.*

Pasha: *she had been so prepared to pretend she hadn’t noticed, or soothe things over with another joke, but they didn’t seem angry in the slightest. Or embarrassed in the slightest. Their total comfort with the sensual scene gave her a moments pause. Everything about them was welcoming…even Rivener’s terrible attempt at being contrite was an invitation. Melisande’s smile flickered slowly, growing brighter until she covered it with one hand.

They were fun.*

You say that, but there’s something you don’t know about me! *she advanced gracefully, wings giving a flick like a dismissive swipe of a cat’s tail. Her eyes flicked to Zul’s for a moment and then down to the covers, silently requesting his aid* “I grew up with a brother! *diving forward onto the bed, she slid her hands expertly along Rivener’s sides as soon as the blanket was out of the way, fingertips prodding at the most sensitive places high on the sides of his ribs* Say please, or you might starve!

*her laugh was infectious, even though she wasn’t the one being tickled. One of Pasha’s wings accidently buffeted Zul, giving the Demon a firm brush upside the cheek* Sorry!! Oh!!

Zul: *He was beginning to learn to read the Muse better, and with a mere flick of her blue eyes, the demon casually curled his fingers into the blankets, watching her with a wide grin. The second she lunged, he pulled the blankets aside, ending up on his back and laughing along with her. The light pass of her soft wing against his face hardly offended him, breathing in her scent on the air. She was intoxicating, like a rose garden beneath the summer sun.* Melisande, I assure you, your touch, no matter how flurried, is hardly unwelcome.

*Still laughing, the demon languidly tucked the removed covers aside, watching with great interest at the Muse's 'attack.'* Get his hand! If we can roll him over, we can really get him good. *The demon slid an arm between the two, gripping the Scorpion's hips with full intention to flip him over, giving his beloved a knowing grin. He was thoroughly enjoying being able to gang up on him for a change.*

Rivener: *as soon as she started to advance, Rivener knew she was going to strike. That little twinkle in her eye was becoming a wonderfully familiar sight. Then when the blankets were suddenly ripped away Riv yelped and laughed, fending her off with ineffectual arms as he was tickled.* Stop! Stop stop! You'll never get me to say please! I say please to no one! I-.. I'll-! DAMN! Zul, no! NO!! HAAAHAHAHAH!!! *It had all been fun and games until the Demon directed Pasha on how to get him where he was ticklish the most: that spot where wing-leather attached to his back, just that lower little corner. He was flipped over and fingers began assaulting him mercilessly, turning him into a writhing, flailing ball of spikes. Thankfully, he knew how not to let his spikes accidentally catch anything, leaving his two loves unharmed as he tried to get away with all his might.* Damn! DAMN! OKAY, OKAY, PLEASE! PLEASE! *he laughed so hard his eyes watered*

Melisande: *she gasped with laughter as she rocked back, finally giving the Scorpion some peace. Pasha’s hand curled over Zul’s forearm, thanking him silently even as caught her breath* Oh, I’m sorry, sweet boy~ But now I know your secret! *it was the first time she’d ever used an endearment towards Rivener, but it was almost unnoticed as she bent and pressed a quick kiss to his cheek. Pasha tried to shake her hair back, but it was still straightened and didn’t comply the way her curls did* You’re at our mercy forever more!

*pushing away from the bed, she gave the Demon a squeeze before her hand slipped away, fingers barely denting against his firm skin* Breakfast does sound wonderful, though. What can I do to help? *with her hair mussed, shirt askew, and cheeks pink, Pasha didn’t much look like the picture of helpfulness, but it was obvious she meant it*

Zul: Now you'll think twice about not saying please in front of the lady! *He was still teasing, and to show he meant no ill will, he bowed his head and kissed Rivener's cheek after Melisande did, though he murmured a soft, 'love you,' before he pulled back. The demon cast the Muse a glance at her gentle squeeze, bowing his head in acknowledgement and gratitude.* Thank you for helping me subdue the beast. Now I can properly get to making breakfast. *It was nice -- Rivener, breathless from laughter, and Melisande, comfortable in one of the Scorpion's shirts...she belonged. It made sense to see her this way, to him.

'Rolling' off the bed, he straightened and smoothed his shirt to remove errant wrinkles before looking to Melisande.* You can tell me what you'd like, for starters, *he grinned a little* and then I suppose we'll see where to go from there. *Turning his mirthful gaze back to Rivener as he floated towards the door, he tipped his head.* And what do you feel like? I suppose I can make something nice since you did say please.

Rivener: *As soon as they left him alone, the dark Sigel flopped to the bed on his back and concentrated on just getting his breath back, chest heaving. He grinned at the kisses he received and the soft little thank-you from Zul, then he propped himself up on elbows to watch the two beautiful others leave his bed. It seemed just like a dream.* I'd like... hm, what would be the most difficult thing to make. *he tapped at his chin then let himself fall back to the bed.* Waffles with whipped cream and fruit. Be thankful I didn't ask for eggs benedict! *he declared, shoving his pointer finger in the air while he stared at the ceiling.* Now get out so I can change! You two bullies made a mess of me! *He laughed as he said it, stealing any sting from his words.*

Melisande: *following the Demon out, Pasha turned and shot one more smile over her shoulder to Rivener before she left. That same sense of contentment had stayed with her from the night before, and there was something new about her when she was at ease. She followed Zul to the kitchen and rested her elbows against the counter as she watched him ready*

Blintzes with strawberries? Or crepes with almonds and chevre? *The Muse smiled, but she was genuinely listing her favorites. Unlike Rivener, she didn’t hold back* I do like waffles, if that’s on the menu instead. Zul? If I can ask…? *Pasha leaned forward, still watching him with her wide eyes behind the mess of her bangs* What do you do at night? What did you do last night?

Zul: You think that's a mess? Wait until I get my hands on you later. *He half-sneered, half-grinned, a dark promise between the two. Giving Rivener space to dress and primp to make himself presentable, he floated to the kitchen and retrieved a tablet on the counter, arching a brow at Melisande and typing in the words she mentioned.* I've never heard of a blintz. We have strawberries, we got those special for you, so that almost goes without saying. *He mulled through the recipe but made a soft 'tsk' sound.* We don't have ricotta right now. I could get a recipe to make it, but we'd be eating them for dinner, not breakfast. But crepes! Crepes I can do. If you'd like to whisk the eggs and the flour -- *he set them out as he said each ingredient's name, putting a cup next to the latter* -- that would be a great help.

*He grabbed the strawberries from the fridge and put them out for no obvious reason, though within reach of the Muse. Plucking the chocolate from last night, he quickly warmed it in a bowl and put that near the fruit. A snack, as it were. At the question, he did not even pause, continuing to oil a pan and prepare the proper heat.* It varies. Last night, I stayed with Rivener for a few hours - it helps him sleep - then I cleaned up, watched the festivities from the patio, checked in on you a few times to make sure you were sleeping peacefully... *He cast her a brief smile that wasn't as apologetic as he meant it to be.* Sometimes I go out. Most of the time, I stay home and with Riv. I steal his laptop if I get restless. We don't see as much of each other as we'd like while we work, so I take what time I can get with him.

Rivener: Promises, promises, *the Scorpion chuckled as the other two exited. He lounged a moment longer, stretching, basking in his unbelievable morning, reliving last night a tad. With a wide beaming smile on his face he pulled himself out of bed and to his closet, picking out a comfortable sweater of light wool with a wide neck and sleeves he kept rolled to the elbows. It wasn't a color he wore often, an ochre yellow, but it was the most comfortable thing he'd ever put hands on and he figured hey, he'd done the impressing last night. Today he could let Melisande see him when he was utterly relaxed. And so his hair received a finger-brushing before being pulled up into a messy ponytail, the two long locks in the front draping over shoulders as always. He wandered out of the room to find the other two in the kitchen, the scent of warmed chocolate and strawberries drawing him to the counter.* So what'd we decide on for food? Mnh, delicious. *he'd put a hand at the small of Pasha's back as he settled beside her, plucking a berry and dipping it in the chocolate to take a bite.* And what are you two talking about, hm?

Melisande: About Zul peeping at girls while they sleep. *Melisande’s face was utterly innocent, eyes still wide, but she spoiled the illusion by leaning forward to n** Rivener’s strawberry before he could lift it to his mouth. Not a hint of guilt graced her features, though her eyes were once again bright behind her pale fall of hair*

Oops! Here. *she smiled, and wiped the chocolate from her lips with her thumb before dipping a new one and offering it to the Scorpion* I asked how he spends his nights. I’d like to stay up sometime, too. I’ve never tried not sleeping. *it seemed the Muse was serious. She pulled the eggs and flour towards herself carefully, making sure she’d cracked each egg carefully and left no shell before moving on to the next ingredient*

That’s the reason I thought you might like the bonzai~ *she explained a bit shyly, eyes still on the bowl as she spoke* They take a lot of care, but I remembered you had time to spend. Since Rivener…appreciates…the night sky, have you both considered reversing your schedules? Staying awake at night together, instead?

Zul: *The demon nodded somberly at Melisande's answer, not bothering to expand upon it, doing well to repress a smile. Sifting the similar dry ingredients into two different bowls, he began to add small differences to each.* Crepes and waffles, love, *he answered the Scorpion's breakfast inquiry* to please both of my special ones. *He flashed a playful smile.* I'll sample some of both, just to stay impartial~

*His eyes flit to Melisande as she brought up her most generous Christmas gift, smiling in admiration.* It's perfect. I'll do some research, but I look forward to its growth. *Especially since it gave a fragrance like Melisande, though he'd keep that part ot himself.* But should you ever crave company during the night, I am your willing companion. I suppose the reason I don't sleep is because of my make up -- I've no idea if it's a Raevan capability. *He pursed his lips in thought at that before shrugging and moving on, continuing with his work, taking the mixed wet ingredients with a soft 'thank you' to Melisande and dashing it upon the pan. The demon's focus was absolute, eyes unmoving as he counted the seconds in his head for proper flipping.*

Ah. *He glanced to Rivener at the mention of the sleep cycle reversed.* Not so certain it would work with our work schedules, but it would be nice. Perhaps with your beautiful gift. *It was an invitation for her to come back, to stay another night - an entire night awake - with both of them.*

Rivener: Hey! *he laughed as his berry was stolen out from under him, smirking at Pasha. When she offered one in return, he happily took the proffered fruit, gleaming fangs showing for a moment before he bit down.* And now you know his dirty little secret: Zul is a big perv. Any time I'm not keeping a close eye on him, off he goes peeking on girls. *Riv sighed tolerantly, then watched the pair working on waffles and crepes.* As for sleeping, I dunno about you but I actually get sleepy after a while. Zul just never seems to. And I DO stay up pretty late already since I feed off the starlight, but around four or five is the latest I can stay up. I'd have to sleep eventually, and my job can... can call me over at some weird times, sometimes. *he smirked, shrugging a shoulder.* But yeah, maybe we could all try a stay-up-all-night experiment sometime! With less booze, because that makes me drowzy. *He picked up another chocolate strawberry and offered it to Meli, apparently making a habit of feeding the pretty Muse now.*

Melisande: *she wetted her lips for a moment at the thought of another bite, but pointed at the Demon. It was his turn for a nibble* Zul, that's terrible. Those poor girls. *Pasha swiped the tip of her finger along the rim of the bowl, popping her fingertip in her mouth for a moment before continuing. She was proud of the way she kept her straight face* But I'd like to try that, sometime.

What is your job, Rivener?
*she asked, revisiting her fingertip daintily for the last bit of chocolate. Zul's breakfast was starting to smell amazing. Pasha glanced sidelong at the Demon, eyes crinkling warmly. No one had ever cooked for her, before. Aside from Anderson* I'm sorry I haven't asked before. There's a lot I don't know...

Zul: It's in my nature! *He sounded every bit the tragic character, the boy caught with his hand in the cookie jar.* Their sleep is just so precious to me. *Even as he talked, his focus remained; six crepes were finished in that time, and the waffles started in the iron. Taking some of the strawberries, he began to cut them in halves and quarters, laying them neatly against the warp crepes. The Muse's question about Rivener's job did little more than earn a brief glance towards the Scorpion, not entirely sure how he was going to handle that question. Adding whipped cream, he deftly finished the crepes. It was not his first time.* Here we are, crepes sans all those fancy things you asked for, I do apologize -- we'll make sure to stock it for you. *And he smiled, hoping she understood he wanted to do this, more than just this once.*

Rivener: *he gave a small pout at his gift being denied, but he thought it beyond sweet that she wanted him to go feed Zul a berry. He graced her with a smile and nod, then wandered around the counter to find his Flower and bring the treat to those lips, waiting patiently until Zul took that bite and stalling for time as he thought of a good way to answer. But that would involve lying, and he wasn't sure he wanted to have to LIE to her when he was inviting her into his life. Because it would be inviting her to that world. So Riv gave Zul a regretful, apologetic look and hoped he wasn't about to ruin what they had.* I, uh... My work. It's... It's not always pleasant, Melisande. Maybe not the best thing to talk about while we all get to know each other. But if you're really worried, ask me again and I'll tell you. *he gave a sheepish smile.* For now, I can at least tell you that I'm a bodyguard for someone. And Zul here, for a while he was a glass-blower! You saw that thing by the south windows? He made it. And now he works building things!

Melisande: *the plate of crepes looked divine, and Pasha accepted it with both hands, lips parted* They're perfect~ *his smile was like a cherry on top. Her heart skipped, thinking of all the times she'd been witness to her own reflection captured in her eyes. Now, she could see herself in his smile* Thank you. *she glanced up as Rivener fed the other a berry, her smile dimpling for a moment before she took a bite. Pasha didn't stand on ceremony and wait…it would be a while before the waffles were ready* It's perfect. Try some! *she offered her plate towards the boys, but not before stealing a bit of whipped cream on the tip of the same chocolate finger*

*She finished the taste, eyes wide, as Rivener danced around what he did for a living. A body guard?* That…can't always be easy. I…thank you, for telling me. *Pasha had no idea what that entailed, not really, but it he was unwilling to discuss it all during their lovely morning, it must be serious*

There are…parts of my responsibilities that aren't so easy, as well. We can discuss it all, sometime, if that's okay.

*she leaned forward again, looking for something else to help with while they sampled her plate of crepes. It was amazing, watching the way Zul moved in the kitchen. His focus was almost hypnotic, like a musician lost in the tune* After Valentines, maybe...

Zul: Thank you, *he returned lightly, the way she looked at him making him feel light and airy* for your kind words and presence. It's usually all eggs benedict here. *He was teasing again, of course, but he easily accepted the praise. He'd been taught by the best, but that was not currently up for discussion. When Rivener pressed near, the demon was then quite alert to the Scorpion's proximity, parting his lips to accept the berry, taking just a bite. He hummed in satisfaction, leaning forward to share a brief kiss with the Rivener before resuming his breakfast duties; he couldn't neglect Rivener's food now!*

Thank you, love. *This time, the pet-name and word was directed to Melisande, gingerly cutting one of the crepes to a third and taking the small piece, sampling it. He shrugged and nodded - it was okay, but it wasn't as good as it could have been, so he felt - and set about cutting up a few more strawberries for Rivener's toppings. He gave pause at Melisande's small confession and, knowing what Rivener was hiding, her words gave him a sort of foreboding.* Why are the two of you embroiled in such dark things? I work construction. I'm positively boring! *He chuckled after his words but gave a start, almost looking forlorn by her words.* Valentine's? But that's -- *He visibly bit his words back, still for a moment and offering a short nod.* Yes, of course. Whenever is best for you.

Rivener: *he took a piece of the crepe and hummed in delight at the taste, stealing a second bite and dipping it in the chocolate for an extra kick of deliciousness.* You're not boring, Zul, you're reliable. And manly. Nothing manlier than a construction worker, right? *he winked at Melisande.* That crepe really IS delicious. But no slacking, where's my waffle? *the Scorpion smacked Zul's arm playfully and wandered back around to Pasha's side, clearly elated that the tension of his job was brushed aside for now. And contrary to Zul, Rivener knew Melisande had no intention of staying away until Valentines, just that they would keep the more serious discussions for a later date, when they knew each other better. The Scorpion grinned at both his loves, again putting a hand at Meli's back and leaning in to nose her hair aside, kissing her cheek.* Awww, how cute, Zul looks like a little neglected puppy because he thinks you won't see him until Valentine's! I just love it when he looks like that, and it's so hard to do. Say something else! Say he looks silly in that shirt! It's totally not true, but he doesn't know that.

Melisande: *Pasha paused, eyes moving to Zul’s face slowly. Love? Had he been talking to her? As new as it had been using an endearment with the Scorpion, Melisande had also never had the chance to get used to them in turn. More importantly than that, the Demon had always been rather circumspect in how he spoke about his feelings. To hear such a word used in such a familiar way made her heart race*

You… *the word was so faint that it went unnoticed, and she pressed one hand against the buttons of the borrowed shirt* Construction! *she tried to catch back up with the conversation, and her half smile was sweet* I didn’t know! And don’t tease him, Rivener, he’s cooking! Unless you want a burned waffle.

*her tone was teasing, but the Muse was still turning things over in her mind. Her life had changed so much, so quickly…and the warmth of it felt like an old friend. It wasn’t easy keeping up with them., but she was enjoying the challenge* If you need to keep busy, you could help me with my hair. I’m not sure why yours looks amazing when you just woke up…

Zul: *Engrossed as he was, he was unaware of his verbage and Melisande's reaction to it, continuing to prepare for Rivener's breakfast. He glanced up as she repeated the word he'd said before, smiling in a disarmed, uncertain manner.* I work with my woman's brother. I've been thinking I need to get my own job and not out of the kindness of others, but I'm not sure where to turn yet.

*He bit back a grin as she chastized Rivener about the waffle, sticking his tongue out when he was called a puppy. Grateful that his small moment of upset had been passed, he nodded in agreement.* Riv'ner, you go help the beautiful woman with her hair or you can stand here and watch your waffles burn, but she will be tended to. *Not that he was sure he COULD brush her hair without feeling like they were a bit too intimate - amusing, considering his previous endearment - but he was certain his Scorpion beloved would not pass up the opportunity to pamper the Muse*

Rivener: Awww, it's all ruined now, he's grinning in that way that just makes me want to kiss him again. *Riv smirked as he said it, winking at Zul. When the order was given for him to either brush Pasha's hair or suffer burnt waffles, the choice was simple:* Hair brushing it is! My princess, if you will please follow me to the bathroom we can discuss brush choices and detanglers. My hair looks GOOD in the mornings because, honestly, come on: I make everything look good. *He grinned cheekily and winked at HER now, escorting her to the bathroom where he had the immense pleasure of brushing out her golden waves. Then there was a delicious breakfast to eat, and a slow, luxurious morning to enjoy. All in all, Rivener could not have wished for a better start to the year.*  
--[ Raevan Journals ]--

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff