Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:12 pm
Czarevich
sono italiano
Shokai
OH MY GWAD! The worst one I just imagined!!!

You use the foreign language to cheat on tests or assignment. Like writing the stuff in your arm in Japanese, Chinese, Cyrillic and if people see it, you can say it is a tattoo.

Wow, the power of foreign languages...can be used for good and evil.

I'm so evil ninja

BRILLIANT! why didnt i think of that?! thats perfect!!!

I shamefully admit having done this with Cyrillic in my German class.
How delightfully... evil! :]

Oh! Here is another one! When you say greeting people, no matter you know them or not, with a foreign language!

And also, when you answer your parents in the language your learning at the moment! XD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:38 pm
If you're being harrassed by someone on the street, just say with a heavy accent from whatever other langauge you speak: I don't speak English. If they still bother you, start yelling at them and rambling in that other language.

I've done this a couple times. xd

The only danger here is that the person who's harrasing you actually does speak that langauge!  

Henneth Annun

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:10 pm
XWraith_LordX
If you're being harrassed by someone on the street, just say with a heavy accent from whatever other langauge you speak: I don't speak English. If they still bother you, start yelling at them and rambling in that other language.

The only danger here is that the person who's harrasing you actually does speak that langauge!
Ha! Unfortunately, I am not fluent enough in my second language to say anything but... Um... "My family is nice!" or... "The weather is cold today!" XD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:40 pm
mazuac
XWraith_LordX

Ha! Unfortunately, I am not fluent enough in my second language to say anything but... Um... "My family is nice!" or... "The weather is cold today!" XD
....or you could just mutter nonsense that sounds legitamate. confused

I know! Do you know any songs in another langauge? Just babble at them in that! xd  

Henneth Annun

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:57 pm
XWraith_LordX
mazuac
XWraith_LordX

....or you could just mutter nonsense that sounds legitamate. confused

I know! Do you know any songs in another langauge? Just babble at them in that! xd
Ha! I do know a bunch of different songs! :] Woot!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:30 pm
... when you actally constructs a language for yourself ninja
... when one of the main reasons you like Bach's cantatas is because they're in German
... when one of the main reasons you like Chopin's songs is because they're in Polish
... when your idea of "a good day with friends" involves explaining how languages change with time and the differences between the romance languages arose
... when you almost bore to death your boyfriend/girlfriend talking about languages

I'm very guilty of those. sweatdrop

Sano Parmandil

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

lili of the lamplight

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:34 pm
When you get a coupon for a 40% discount at a bookstore, and your first thought is, "Aha! I can finally get that gigantic $50 dollar dictionary and not feel like a complete nerd for it!"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:38 pm
lili of the lamplight
When you get a coupon for a 40% discount at a bookstore, and your first thought is, "Aha! I can finally get that gigantic $50 dollar dictionary and not feel like a complete nerd for it!"
I was going to do that, but I was short $18. sad  

Henneth Annun

Woglinde

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 am
XWraith_LordX

When you put your iPod langauge to anything put English and change it every two weeks, then start over. And you also do this with websites, video games, movies, and just about anything.All my friends hate me for it. twisted

Lol That's exactly what I do with my MP3 player and PSP XD  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:12 pm
First, I want to announce to this guild that I have finally completed reading every last post in all 77 pages!!! 2 years of posts read in 3 days (I read at work, so it took me a while). And all without taking my contacts out, lol...they kept drying out because I was blinking so much less than usual. burning_eyes

Now, about my obsessivness...
(I know that some of these have been said, but I'm proud of them, and want them to be known by all) xd

~ When half your biochemistry notes are in Spanish because the professor talks way too fast, and some Spanish words are shorter than their English translations.
~ When I hand someone said notes to copy (b/c she's lazy), and it takes you a minute to understand why she handed them right back after taking a glance (and ungrateful).
~ When your boyfriend does not speak English, so you spend more time speaking Spanish than English. I live with him, and I only go to see my parents on the weekends.
~ You're all excited because it's time for you to make your senior year's schedule, and you'll finally be able to take German.
~ You scream in rage at the teacher when he announces that next year we will only have 7 classes instead of 8. scream scream scream
(and it was horrible because this meant 7 shorter classes every day instead of 4 nice long, blocked classes each day...ie: A day, B day, A day, etc.. And so I no longer had room for German).
~ Because of the stupid 7 class idea, you end up with a free period in the second semester and end up deciding to be a student aide for the spanish teacher. I got to grade papers, and even teach the class for a few minutes when a sub was late! 4laugh
~ You set your phone to spanish so that your boyfriend can use it too, but when he gets his own, you go ahead and put your's back on English, and it takes a while to get use to again.
~ When your boyfriend tells you that you sign in your sleep (when you're not mumbling in another language--apparently my mouth can keep up with my brain, and in any given language too!)

e r i s e d y m

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:35 pm
You take bets with your friends involving learning the basics of a langauge and how to read it within a certain amount of time.
xd

I had this Jewish friend and they bet me that I couldn't learn basic Hebrew/how to read it in 6 months, but I did. I forced my parents to sign me up in a class under the excuse "so I can read the Bible in it's origional langauge". If you're wondering, I did it. Fifty dollars became mine.... *evil smile*  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:43 am
I've already posted a loooong time ago but I thought of another! When you get mad cause you can't take 2 language classes at the same time until senior year (in my school you need 3 years of a foreign language, I already have a credit for French but my parents won't let me quit to take italian which I REALLY want to and I can't take htem at the same tiem >.<) And another!

-In global history you correct people on their pronunciation of names and words without them even asking.  

The_Brightest_Moon

The_Brightest_Moon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:48 am
YET ANOTHER-

When Japanese grammar makes more sense than English (or your native language). Yeah, it happens... in French I always try to arrange my sentences into Japanese grammer. For instance...

Nous ha centre commerciale ni allons. Yes, I've done it, english too....  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:00 pm
XWraith_LordX

Works equally well on the phone. Who thought telemarketers could be fun.

You and your brother get into an arguement with your brother because you want to see an asian movie in it's original language but he like dubs better rolleyes This happens alot.

You take grammer cards with you so you can study German on the way to science class.

Once you get to class you start writing random German sentences to study.

You have 2 and a half youtube playlists dedicated to foreign languages.

You eavesdrop on foreigners to hear them talk. Or in anyway become exited when you hear a foreign language.

Today my Communications professor said a sentence in German XD, it was so great, I understood. Squee!  

apiyo

Blessed Hunter

9,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:03 pm
When your friends know that when you say "movie night" you mean a night spent watching foreign films in other langauges.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff