Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shogiplayafan14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 pm
I hope they're not on here...
When you get pissed off/laugh when someone says a word or sentence in a different language wrong.

When your cable bill's so high because of the international channels you added on there.

When your iPod has tons of songs in different languages.

And singing them in public out loud.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:52 pm
Shokai
OH MY GWAD! The worst one I just imagined!!!

You use the foreign language to cheat on tests or assignment. Like writing the stuff in your arm in Japanese, Chinese, Cyrillic and if people see it, you can say it is a tattoo.

Wow, the power of foreign languages...can be used for good and evil.

I'm so evil ninja

BRILLIANT! why didnt i think of that?! thats perfect!!!  

sono italiano

Shokai

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 am
sono italiano
Shokai

You use the foreign language to cheat on tests or assignment. Like writing the stuff in your arm in Japanese, Chinese, Cyrillic and if people see it, you can say it is a tattoo.

I'm so evil ninja

xD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:13 pm
...When you use foreign scripts (such as Cyrillic or Katakana) to write down the transliterations of the names of every book, movie, TV or video game character you can think of...

...Don't gimme that look! scream  

Hawk_McKrakken

Im A Little Pea

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 am
...When your keyboard looks like this:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:54 pm
Im A Little Pea
...When your keyboard looks like this:
User Image

That is so neat!
Where does one buy a differnt alphabet computer keyboard in America...Hrrm...  

PiercedPixie2

Pao Pao Tang

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:03 pm
Shokai

I'm so evil ninja

I DO THAT

but its not exactly the best system for long, scientific words emo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:47 am
PiercedPixie2
That is so neat!
Where does one buy a differnt alphabet computer keyboard in America...Hrrm...
I had a keyboard like that before and I think I bought it somewhere which had a large Arab population, so it's just more common to find those there... In this case, these are stickers I found - the original Keyboard only had English and Hebrew alphabets.

Anyway... I'm sure you can find something, just look where there are people who would probably be interested in something like this. (:  

Im A Little Pea

Czarevich

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:48 am
sono italiano
Shokai

I'm so evil ninja

I shamefully admit having done this with Cyrillic in my German class.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:15 am
Eheheheh I've done many of these...well not too many but you get the point 3nodding though I've tried to learn Korean for a challenge...I fail xd  

The_Brightest_Moon

e r i s e d y m

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:12 am
When your mom just stares at you because you answered her question in another language without realizing it. lol, I've done that several times now.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:28 pm
Czarevich
sono italiano
Shokai

I'm so evil ninja

I shamefully admit having done this with Cyrillic in my German class.
xd

I cheat in math using Arabic numbers and cryllic letters to help me with formulas and theorems. The teacher just thinks it's some wierd little design I like to draw.  

Henneth Annun

Henneth Annun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:36 pm
When you're Nazi-like when it comes to pronouncing foreign words/names. "No no no, stop it. Stop it now. This isn't English, stop saying it like it is you dolt. Do you see that accent mark? Can you see it? Yah. Now say it right!"

When you are capable of insulting and yelling at your friends and teachers in three different languages with perfect fluency. twisted People are afraid of my German....

When you simply can't just think in pure English anymore, even if your thoughts make grammatically zero sense you still understand it. C'est mon größtes Problem when I think... xd

When you put your iPod langauge to anything put English and change it every two weeks, then start over. And you also do this with websites, video games, movies, and just about anything.All my friends hate me for it. twisted  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:41 pm
Vajra B. Hairava
Yeah, thats true. But come on, they have ******** POMEGRANATE JUICE STANDS. RIGHT IN THE STREET. AND THEY GIVE YOU POMEGRANATE JUICE.
eek
*kindaps Iranian friend, makes him teach me Farsi*  

Henneth Annun

mazuac

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Statustician 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:09 pm
Hm... I guess I am obsessed with learning languages! XD

Oh! Here's one! When you have greetings in over two languages on your profile.

2. When, on AIM or another Instant Messaging System, your status is in another language, just because you like to show of your mad skillzz.

3. When, in a language class, you get over 110% and want to do work that involves sentences past "My mother's name is..." even though your not supposed/required to.

The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff