Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♠ { THE FINAL BATTLE } ECHO OF GRIEF (CONCLUSION + ???p .7 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:20 pm
[ REPLICA VERSION ]

The cut is good, clean and easy, as though swinging a weapon like this is easy, practiced. The original is a good girl, she does not cry out or make this any harder than it should be, for which the Replica is entirely grateful for. Instead she takes the hit and fades away to nothing, fully gone before the Replica twists the axe handle in her hand simply because she can. It is a luxury, a strange one to think of now, to have a weapon that can be used on both sides like this, but she knows why when she steps toward the White Queen.
A memory plays for her, a scythe instead of an axe given, and the Replica knows.
It is ok to be a toy...
She really is ok with that. In the end, there was a clear purpose, a destiny to fulfill if she were being very dramatic. But she does not mind this ending. In a way, its her own 100% Perfect Ending.

Memories spill inside her, all the ones remembered and ones forgotten. A parade of faces and emotions, some disjointed because they are happy faces with sad memories, or jealous faces with content feelings, but they are still precious. Perhaps they are all the more that way because the end is near, but the Replica cannot find it within herself to think so poorly. This can still be happy simply because she wished it to be so.
It feels silly, but she takes a deep breath and tries to ignore the panic.
This is the end of her legacy.
That's it, she tells herself as the cage curls up again. This is the end and that's ok.
But still, she wishes she had a hand to hold, not her own because she does not wish this for herself. But Ornot's, because he would calm her in this, because he was so kind and fun to be with, because he would pet her hair and tell her she did well. Or perhaps Darcy's, which is a thought that makes her smile because he would probably be upset to see her frightened. Even the hand of the grumpy man she fought with would be nice because then it would be someone's rather than just herself.

Things draw in, the Replica finds herself trying to breath in for four counts and out for another four to calm herself, but as the cage presses into her palms she finally finds the serenity she searched for. She is alone, but that is ok. She has herself, and these memories, and that is ok.
As the cages finalizes she does her best to smile, to squeak out one last laugh because Grief will be left behind and she had wished for something happy. She ought not let that wish go unheeded, even if she has to grant it herself.
And that is ok, too.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:25 pm
[ Post 1 ~ Byakko Death Solo ]

Byakko stood there, one of the few players that hadn't been defeated, though it had been a close call. Just one more hit or retaliation and he would have been lost like the others. He hadn't been afraid of that outcome though since this was a dream and his lack of fear was proven correct when the defeated players got back up shortly after the mirrors finished shattering to pieces. His attention was pulled from the other players however when he saw White Queen fading. It was weird to see he fading and yet somehow not fading away completely even though she had been defeated.

He felt a growing panic trying to take over him when he, along with the other players, were pulled in towards the fragmented Queen by the vines. What was going on? They had won and yet she was still there, they had beaten her yet now she had them in her vine clutches! He struggled against the vines even as they continued on and helped the other vines create a cage. The panic grew more when he realized just how trapped they were, tangled in the vines and in a way built into a cage.

The green haired teen flinched when the Queen spoke up then struggles harder as he felt himself start to fade. Not again! Why couldn't he just wake up from this dream!? Why was it that he always seemed to get into these kinds of situations?! The panic continued to raise with in him as the Queen claimed she would take him and what made him him and make them hers. Byakko started to curse the Queen out loud when it felt like he was shrinking and the cage felt as if it was tightening. There had to be something he could do!

Something... something he could do to stop this... fading... to stop... all... of this... death...............................................................

Suddenly there was a snap and Byakko felt himself return as the cage was shattered and fragmented like the mirrors has before them. He backed away from the Queen a few steps, feeling horrified at just how close he had been. Just how close he had come to loosing everything he was and everything he will be or could be. How many times had this happened already? How many times had he almost lost himself? And this Queen had just made another darn good attempt at it.

The Cheshire snapped out of his horror when he finally noticed there was a door behind the Queen. He watched as it slowly began to open and had to wonder if this would be a good thing or a bad thing that it was opening. When the replica puppets started to poor out of the door he still was completely sure. The fact that they were surrounding the Queen was a big point to this being a good thing however. At least he hoped it was a good thing because having to fight the puppets and the Queen would be hard.

He almost jerked away when he felt one of the puppets take his hand but when he turned and saw his face he sort of froze. It wasn't surprising he had a replica, not when everyone else had one. But knowing logic and seeing were two different things at times as he could attest to. He studied his replica and couldn't find any fault with him, the puppet even gave off the same sort of feeling of being alive. He looked into his replica's eyes and saw the happiness, the sorrow, the hope, the playfulness, and so much more that he saw when ever he looked into a mirror.

"I know everything," He heard the replica say in a painfully familiar way. "All your memories, everything you've gained in this dream. I am your container."

"What do you mean my container?" Byakko asked, head spinning with the thought of sharing his memories with another, even when it was another him. "I contain your memories like I said, I contain your feelings, I contain everything you are in a prefect copy. I have these for a certain purpose." His replica said with a sad smile. Byakko's heart lurched at the smile. Just what was this purpose?

His replica put his free hand on his shoulder then used the hand holding his to pull him close into a sort of hug. "I was made to take your place." At first Byakko thought he meant take his place living but that didn't make sense since the replica's had just saved them. "I was made to save you and to take your place as a sacrifice." The replica added as if sensing what Byakko was thinking. For all the Cheshire knew he could sense his thoughts though so he wasn't shocked about that.

He pulled back from the hug with a slight panic though thanks to his replica's words. "Why? Why must anyone sacrifice themselves?" he demanded, staring into his clone's eyes. There was an acceptance there that pained him, that he didn't want to understand but did. "Because it is a must. Because this is my destiny. Just as your destiny is to live, live and continue becoming stronger, continue finding your place. Live for Souji. Live for Maky." And now his heart ached for more then just for his replica's planed sacrifice. He missed them and he knew he had to live to see them again. He just wished his replica could live too.

Finally his replica smiled and ruffled his hair just like someone they both remembered used to do. "Thank you," His replica said, clearly knowing what he had been thinking. He take out his weapon, a copy of his in every way, then said, "and goodbye."

Byakko didn't feel it when the claws pieced through him, something he was grateful for. He spared his replica one last said smile of his own as he felt the world start to disappear. He hoped he would remember. Remember his replica's sacrifice when he woke in the real world. He hoped....

(Word count to self: 1014)  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

molly8972

Partying Sophomore

12,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:52 pm
Anthe 1  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 pm
Anthe 2  

molly8972

Partying Sophomore

12,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

molly8972

Partying Sophomore

12,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Akhem 1  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:04 pm
((Oliver Keeley - TBE))  

Grey Dragon

Enoh Love

[ Post 1 - Ripley ]

((Oliver Keeley Replica - TBE))  

Grey Dragon

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:05 pm
[ Post 2 - OrNot (Ripley) ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:05 pm
[ Post 1 - Helmut ]

Enoh Love

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:06 pm
[ Post 2 - NomAllTheThings (Helmut Replica) ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:08 pm
[ POST 1 FROSTPAW ]

A doll was something you could break... and then repair. As the mirrors were shattered and little was left behind, he found himself not back in the tavern, but awake. Still groggy from being left in a state so close to death, yet... there was no time for it. It was a game, a silly game, but not one that spared any real time to recoup when you were defeated. Rather, it threw something worse at you.

Just as he was realizing where and when he was, that so little time had passed it began. The queen who seemed to near defeat, fading into obscurity, did not do that. Instead she slunk closer once more, closing the gap between them all. Before he even had a real chance to react, his body still feeling stiff from the previous issue, she'd encircled them, dragging them into their cages as she spoke.

The end of their legacy?

And then he realized, as the cage drew closer, smaller still. His own form and sense of self seeming to slip away from him. She intended to erase them, to make them part of her. She continued to speak, disregarding his suddenly action to try and break free. To draw away. That wasn't a part of any plan, he didn't intend to merely become a piece of the thing. Yet clawed tendrils caught him, dragging him back toward her as she worked to free himself of them. You will stay. The final words repeated once more seemed to hit home, overriding the will to claw his way to freedom. He... wouldn't be waking up.

Perhaps even waking up from that a moment ago was all in his head. Perhaps he had never drug himself up off that ground. Perhaps anyone who'd been pulled into this twisted game was never meant to wake. They would merely be the cage to hold in this being of grief until once more it broken loose. And once more a sacrifice was made? He didn't want it... but there wasn't any hope. Even as he once more tried to struggle it was to no avail, he found himself pulled further back. Deeper into the darkness that would be his undoing.

And it was only that, at that last moment that even an inkling of hope seemed to occur. Only then that what had been a cage seemed to break as the mirrors had, falling to pieces around him as a door opened to his shocked amazement. Behind that door, beyond the queen, he could hear and see it. The dozens of marionettes streaming out from the door. The very ones they'd seen before. Each and every one of them was there, and even his own showed up in moments it seemed.

He hadn't moved in those seconds he realized, hadn't had the sense to get up and run. Instead, his own hands drug him up and he might have received a scornful look. Oh, was that how everyone felt? "And you- we tell others to be sensible?" the marionette commented with a sigh as he watched to wait for him to stand straight. "I know all of it." He added, gesturing with one hand to the mess around them.

There was silence as they had a brief stare down and he nodded. "Everything." It was an understanding only two of the same cloth could likely share, but he could only look on in surprise. And then he shook it's head as it suddenly seemed to summon the ice-link sword and spear, so akin to his own. "It's not a bad life. Thank you for sharing it." What? Then a pause as it tilted it's head a bit, seeming to look to one side as if there wasn't much time. "You should probably look into that question you've been asking yourself." A small smile, and then a nod was offered. "But that's for you to deal with. I have my own duties." It added before lifting to blade before him, no hesitation present. "Goodbye."

With that the blade fell swiftly, severing him neatly in half as he was in the process of jerking away from it. Too late, he fell to darkness. Only briefly did he feel confused as to the reason. Only for an instant as he was fading. Then he saw it... the queen was still there. Ah... it had it's duties.

To take his place? Had that not been said once..? He wasn't sure as he faded to darkness, not having a chance to question it further. After all.

He'd been tasked with a sort of last request of the figure as well, right? He could offer that much.

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:09 pm
[ POST 2 FROSTPAW ]

His other self vanished, slowly... completely. He let his hand fall then, looking down at the blade he held even as the sound of the queen demanded attention.

He was jealous, perhaps. He was curious what things meant, what life meant. Certainly he was. There might have been a thought that, maybe, he should have been allowed to be a reality. But he wasn't. He was, in fact, a fake. Complete and perfect to take the place of the being who had made the choices he now held as memories. Who would take that knowledge and use it. To think and feel like that being, but know he was not him.

To know he was merely a sacrifice designed for this purpose. This duty.

It felt fitting. His entire life was one dictated by tradition, to fall into that again was normal. Even... even now when he didn't want it to be. Yet mechanically he found his body turning, moving toward the white queen without fear or hesitation. Desired or not, he would fulfill what was expected of him. One of them had to be taken, had to do this. It was to be him.

So many faces and voices he knew, so many feelings he had. Yet... none of it was his. Nor would it ever be his. Because he was, and would only ever be a mere container. And even as the queen reached out, caging him within the small confines that would be the last that he knew. He could only think that. He was but a container. One that would never truly know the feeling of meeting someone for the first time. Those brief words would be his last as well as his first. Seeing what he was made to become was all he would ever do.

It was a bitter feeling. He wanted to truly understand the concept, even as he felt himself fading. The dull sound of her voice in the background interrupting the thoughts as he felt himself slowly vanishing. He wanted to know what it was like to have a brother, to strive to make a father proud, to question one's own feelings. To wonder if he'd forgotten something. To taste a sweet spookie from the oven. Fondly pat a head. Feel the heat of a flame. Everything. He wanted to have it for his own, not merely recall it.

He never would, even as he strove to recall the memories as they were torn away, to cling to the feelings he wanted to think of as his own. He'd accept his fate gracefully, no cries. It would happen, there was no escape. Yet... he truly did wish he'd had a chance to know of such things. To experience it himself. To smile for the sheer sake of being happy.

Dying in such a way was a bitter feeling. One that invoked jealousy of those he knew had something more to look forward to. Even so, it wasn't hate, but merely a sad loneliness that followed as he felt himself truly fade. Truly complete his duty.

What he wished he could have had, but... it was not meant to be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:26 pm
[ Post 1 - DarklingFox ]

Hugging her arms tightly around herself as she watched UT get hurt even more, as she noticed others around her getting hurt. Her eyes welling up with tears there was so much grief so much despair. She couldn't do anything not a single thing to help. Her body slowly shaking and feeling as if she would just vanish in a single moment the entirety of all around her was slowly coming to her mind.

Snapping her head up she saw the door, for just a moment her grief subsided. She was in shock complete shock of what she was witnessing. There standing before her was a perfect copy. Except there was no emotion no twinkle of curiosity in the copies eyes. Closing her eyes she resigned her self to the fate. There was no escaping it. A flash of the barbed lance was seen before everything just faded. Nothing seemed to be felt nothing seemed to be doing anything. In fact she stood there motionless the last of the spark in her eye dying.

A single tear rolling down her cheek,

"I...I'm sorry"

Was but a whisper on her lips as she faded in to nothingness.  

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100

Wyntre IceBlade

Kawaii Shapeshifter

17,300 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:27 pm
[ Post - Replica - DarklingFox ]

Nothingness, gave way quiet suddenly to everything. There was a sudden stream of information rushing in to her mind. She was a her, she had friends, she had those she loved, she had life. Something about her sparkled and danced even while the outside looked monotonous. There was no spark emitted she was but a copy with one purpose. Sacrifice.

Eyes wide and unemotionally she finds her the one that she was made as a copy of. The her that had friends, the her that had doubts the her that had fears and had that spark. She looked so...frightened standing there before the copy. But as the barbed lance was quickly thrust into her there wasn't fear there wasn't pain there was only a pity in her eyes. The eyes were wet...was it a tear?

The replica stood staring at the creature it was copied from, the creature that it had taken the life from. The spark from...but it was for a reason the creature needed to be safe. Closing its eyes the memories washed over it in droves. There wasn't a single memory that seemed to drip of fear...in fact love...love was the memories that shone brightest. As the words reached the replicates ears,

"I'm sorry..."

The replicate didn't show any emotion instead turned towards the Queen. There was no denying what it needed to do.

A memory tugged at the replica's mind,

"I'm scared of water too...but that's only because getting thrown in is no fun..."

"The tree tops are beautiful...I...Thank you for showing me the Island Julian."

"...uh...uhm...hi...I'm Lumikki...I'm sorry..."
The ghoul blushed as she looked at the boil she had just tumbled in to.

"Julian I..."
She pulled her hand back she wanted nothing more then the wrap her arms around the boil and tell him how much he meant to her. Tell him that she loved him...but she couldn't she just smiled instead,
"I...I wanted to say nothing at all goodnight!"

There were so many memories being pulled from its mind. So this must be what it was like to die...it really wasn't so bad was it? Closing it's eyes as the first sign of emotion showed, tears falling freely,

"...I...I don't want to go..."

Watching as it's body slowly glowed until there was nothing. Everything was black again, like it was before it found it's way.  
{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff