Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:29 pm
You become upset at your parents from time to time because they were not from another country themselves or they didn't send you to language immersion schools when you were a kid.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:20 pm
- When you purposely go to the same exhibit over and over again in a museum just because there were some japanese tourists in it, so you could hear their conversation, smirking to yourself on how you can understand and they think you're just some other american. lol guilty.  

The_Brightest_Moon

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:37 am
...When the only classes you passed in highschool were the language classes.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:28 am
Or when the only reason you Go to school is because of the languages...All the other classes you use as rests or studying blocks inbetween them. (:

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

Kalathma

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:05 pm
Oh!Sweet`Serenade
Or when the only reason you Go to school is because of the languages...All the other classes you use as rests or studying blocks inbetween them. (:

xD Quite guilty of that, I'm afraid... //Has been caught several times reading language books in class...//

When watching a dull movie in English class, all you do is additional French work, and when the teacher notices and tells you not to do homework, you try and tell her it's not homework.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:50 pm
You become seriously confused picking up a dictionary that covers only one language.  

Minari

Mashed Computer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:12 am
Minari
You become seriously confused picking up a dictionary that covers only one language.

I'm guilty sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:44 am
(I know dreams have already been mentioned, but I just wanted to share)

~When you dream that your Grandmother is taking a trip to Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Poland (and spending a month in each country)....just for the hell of it and she asked you to come along and you cried from joy. (:

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:27 pm
Other people look for reasons to learn languages. You look for excuses.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:19 pm
-Hearing a language for a first time is dangerous. It's too likely you'll end up saying, "Ooh, that sounds amazing! I've gotta go learn it now!"

-You find language learning materials on serious discount and buy them; someone in your family proceeds to confiscate them indefinately ("You need to pass history, Danish can wait," was the excuse, I believe).  

lili of the lamplight

Mashed Computer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:28 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast

Guilty!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:57 pm
Mashed Computer
Eccentric Iconoclast

Guilty!

It was mostly aimed at Vajra. I mean, he's learning Farsi for...pomegranate juice? lol

But I'm certainly guilty of it as well. "Oh, I want to learn such-and-such a language! Apply flimsy excuse here to get away with it!"  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Yeah, thats true. But come on, they have ******** POMEGRANATE JUICE STANDS. RIGHT IN THE STREET. AND THEY GIVE YOU POMEGRANATE JUICE.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:02 am
Which is so totally worth learning the language!

Yeah!  

Doppelgaanger

7,350 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Vajra B. Hairava

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:10 am
Well, I'm basically learing Hindi because of tandori chicken. That aint much better.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 78 79 80 81 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff