Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adults Gaia Anonymous

Back to Guilds

A guild for adult gaians 20 or older. 

Tags: Adult, Mature, friendly, 20 and older, older 

Reply Adults Gaia Anonymous
The Golden Canteen Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 744 745 746 747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MalteseAutoKat

Sparkly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:11 pm
*Yawns* Today went by way to fast. Back to the grind tomorrow...darnit! XD  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:16 pm
Camwen
GuinAoiichi
Camwen
GuinAoiichi
@ Rock : They accepted me too. (^_^);

@ Guild : Anybody watch anime here? for example ( Sword Art Online ) ?

I've never really watched any series - but like a lot of folks I fell in love with all the Miyazaki movies. I'd like to try a good series but I don't really know where to start. You should also know I really am tired of the following character types: the weak simpering little girl, and the brooding dark loner guy who just needs to be drawn out by someone who understands. lol Ok - if the story is good enough I can put up with a little of that but I have my limits. wink

Then for you i recommend GITS:SAC . ( Ghost in the shell : Stand alone complex) It has a strong female lead in a Sci Fi / political intrigue setting.
Cowboy Bebop also has strong female leads . The male lead is not exactly dark brooding or a loner. I like it because of the music. A sort jazz/blues from space. It reminds of Firefly but with the Detective / gangster noir.

Oh! You had me at Firefly. I'll take a look at those - thanks smile

Awesome ! Let me know how you like em !  

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

N0ISE

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:10 pm
GuinAoiichi

I'm getting ready to hit episode 100 I think it's sooo good I haven't been able to watch anything else. I'm waiting for dubbed SAO. (I think it's only subbed at the moment)  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:14 pm
N0ISE
GuinAoiichi

I'm getting ready to hit episode 100 I think it's sooo good I haven't been able to watch anything else. I'm waiting for dubbed SAO. (I think it's only subbed at the moment)

Yeah , i think you're still in the good episodes. It might be just me but i think the quality of FT dropped somewhat after the storyline you're on.

Also im more of a SUB guy. I like listening to how its supposed to sound.

Although there are some pretty good Dubs out there. The only one that comes straight to my mind right now is "Cowboy Bebop" . Now they got the voices down !!  

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:24 pm
Camwen
GuinAoiichi

I've never really watched any series - but like a lot of folks I fell in love with all the Miyazaki movies. I'd like to try a good series but I don't really know where to start. You should also know I really am tired of the following character types: the weak simpering little girl, and the brooding dark loner guy who just needs to be drawn out by someone who understands. lol Ok - if the story is good enough I can put up with a little of that but I have my limits. wink

You might like Ghost in the Shell.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:34 pm
Officer Hot-Pants
Camwen
GuinAoiichi

You might like Ghost in the Shell.

Looks like Netflix has both Ghost int he Shell and Cowboy Bebop. I'll add them to my list!  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

Exxos

Captain

Aged Bibliophile

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:39 pm
I will now offer my unsolicited suggestions!

If you like Evangelion, but want more closure and less insane, try Argento Soma.

Some of my favorite anime movies are Lensman, Robot Carnival, and Vampire Hunter D. These movies are horrible, like really bad, but kind of in a The Quick and the Dead sort of way, where they suck so bad they are entertaining. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:55 pm
I have seen both cowboy bebop and the other one that was mentioned (dont recall the name of it). i did not know that netflix had anime on there?? I might start watching it again. I usually go to a website to watch anime though.  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ghin - Aoiichi

Retro Punk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:07 pm
THe other one that is like Neon Genesis Evangelion is : Madoka Puella Magika .

I would have NEVER , ever thought i would like a magical girl show . Until i saw that one. It is epic.

Also if anyone watches Evangelion watch the original series and movies first.

the new movies that came out are separate. ( it think ) Also please dont tell me anything about the new Eva movies if you've watched them. I hate spoilers. so Dont tell me anything about em. Please.

EDIT : Suggestion for good anime movie : Summer Wars. ( it might be just me but i saw it as a commentary on how DIsney is trying to take over the Japanese Anime industry ) {but that might be just me...}  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:57 pm
that dont sound good  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:47 am
gaia_nitemareleft

I have the whole rest of the week off from work! This requires a celebration! *whips up some tasty hot drinks for everyone*

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bailey-peppermint-hot chocolate emotion_drool

gaia_angelright

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:56 am
gaia_nitemareleft

*Dresses in blue and white and lights two candles on the windowsill*

Happy Birthday to 95 year old Finland! heart

gaia_angelright

Lilygwen
Crew

Aged Explorer

7,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conversationalist 100

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 am
Lilygwen
gaia_nitemareleft

*Dresses in blue and white and lights two candles on the windowsill*

Happy Birthday to 95 year old Finland! heart

gaia_angelright

Finland: geopolitical MILF.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:11 am
hello everyone. whats going on with you guys? me, im just here trying to see who all is on today.  

Kitten Rose73

Friendly Bachelorette

8,550 Points
  • Married 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm
I'm here!
Mrgl brblr!
Waffley says he's here, too.  
Adults Gaia Anonymous

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 710 711 712 713 714 715 ... 744 745 746 747 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games