Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
Destiny City Botanical Garden’s Holiday Extravaganza (p 11 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:31 pm
Hafwen Goodall

So what exactly could five dollars get you these days? Anything from a snack to a meal from the nearest fast food joint perhaps. It probably didn't count for much but a little penny pinching here and there could go a long way which was why Hafwen was here at the Destiny City Botanical Garden with Darren. Between the food, music, flowers and festive decorations that were available for all to enjoy, it looked set to be a perfect date night so long as one didn't mind the crowd too much.

Slipping an arm around Darren's and intertwining her fingers with his, she started a casual stroll towards the poinsettia that were on display, curious as to what the commotion was all about.

"Sooo... have you ever been here before?"

Torvil

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:47 pm
Darren Waughner

Darren shook his head, keeping Hafwen's hand in his as they walked, doing his best to keep her close to him as he could. Things had been hectic and he'd been trying to save up what money his could. So a cheap date night like this was a god send. Especially after having been on the job hunt for so long and balancing classes besides.

He was glad that Hafwen seemed to understand though.

"No, but it looks nice enough," He said, looking at the display and some of the other stuff that was going on. "Can't say it isn't nice though, if the tickets are always that cheap probably wouldn't hurt to come here more often." He said with a slight chuckle.

It was really the only think they could afford right then for dates, and boy did that make him feel all kinds of terrible. Not that he let it show.

baby_gwing

Torvil

Noble Explorer

11,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Team Jacob 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:43 am
Hafwen Goodall

Hafwen might have been a Crystal Academy girl once. The very same private school that her bestie Mercy who came from a well-to-do family was now enrolled in unlike those such as herself who could only get in on a scholarship because they couldn't afford its exorbitant fees. She might have spent a good part of her young adult life immersed in the rigorous academic program that Crystal had though she would like to believe that she hadn't picked up any of the snobbery that those who graduated from her alma mater tend to be associated with. She just simply couldn't understand why some of her peers would insist on spending their money on something when one could easily find a better alternative for half its price in the next store located a little further down the same street.

"Neither have I which makes this all the more special then." She smiled, giving his hand a little squeeze in agreement with what he said. "We can do that. Or visit another park with some egg mayo sandwiches and a flask of hot chocolate."

It really didn't bother her that most of their date nights were spent at a nearby diners that was located a few blocks down from the DCU dorm that they shared. It was a really pleasant walk, getting to the diners and back, plus the diners served pretty decent food that would have cost them two or even three times more if they decided to get something similar in the main city district.

Torvil

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:50 am
Ginger Crispin
"Well not for everything... not yet." She joked. "Oh man, that one I think I got in Arizona, we were on vacation and my mom paid for it as a present for our first big vacation together. She has a teeny one on her ankle because she wanted to get a matching one but she wanted something to celebrate. It was great...

She beamed at the memory, and then cleared her throat trying to pretend it wasn't quite as much the emotional affair it really was.

"Wow, they're selling them?" She added, distractedly, as the announcement came. "Crazy... I wonder if my mom would like one?"

Sirene Naiads

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:09 am
Sean Jones

As the event continued, Sean started to hear more information about the new plant that was the star of the show. It was a new breed of poinsettia, which made sense...but apparently the petals glowed? How had he missed that? Curious, he moved closer to the display to get a better look, though that meant he had to push his way through the crowd a bit. Quite a number of people were gathering around to hear a speaker explain some more about the new plant.

From this, he heard that the leaves were actually very soft, as well. He'd heard of plants with fuzzy leaves before, though he couldn't name any. Since the speaker was saying the plant was a hybrid, maybe a poinsettia had been crossed with one of those fuzzy-leaved plants. Sean wished he'd brought a notebook to take notes, and tried to remember to look up plants with soft leaves later. The speculation could make a good angle for his essay.

As he got close enough to see that the leaves did indeed seem to twinkle and glow in the light, he heard the speaker say the plants were actually for sale. He didn't have a VIP ticket, only the student voucher, so he would have to pay extra if he wanted to get one. The aptly-named Winter Star certainly was lovely, but Sean decided not to get one. He didn't know the first thing about caring for plants, and had no idea if they'd be allowed in the dorms anyway. So he stood admiring the plant for a little while, then headed off to check out the buffet.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:46 am
Kyuseisha no Hikari

"The only things I've tried to grow are practical plants like herbs or tomatoes here, though my grandmother had a pretty decent vegetable garden back in Salem." Aubrey paused as she bent down to look more closely at the poinsettias. They were unnatural and it unnerved her and she took a step back and glanced at Samir as he spoke again.

She thought about the question and then shrugged slightly. "I've never been a big flower girl, I don't like roses, but I do admit I have a soft spot for Daffodils, they remind me of home. They would sprout up everywhere in the wild as winter was ending... It was beautiful." Aubrey spoke softly and distantly, lost in memories for a moment before she shook her head and smiled at Samir.

"These though... they look... dangerous, we would never get poinsettias at the farm, they are pretty poisonous and wouldn't want any of the animals to get sick, and I guess I never understood the reasoning behind keeping such a dangerous plant inside with your family."

Skysu

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:08 am
Arthur Quinton aka Quinn - Found a pair of glasses and looking for the owners

Quinn was doing his best to avoid the massive crowds, it was surprising that the shear body heat of the amassed group didn't fog everything up. If it hadn't been winter then there would have been heat related casualties. With a quick move he was able to dodge a guy talking loudly on his phone. Seriously! You come to this kind of event and talk on your phone? Quinn wanted to crack some kind of joke but bit his tongue since he wasn't that kind of a** anymore. He was a responsible adult who even now checked his watch, wondering if he could get out of there already.

A flash of light on the ground caught his eye, his gaze sliding off the subtly expensive watch to spot a pair of glasses on the ground, snow dusting them. He blinked in surprise before quickly picking them up and brushing off the snow. There is no way someone had voluntarily lost their glasses, even cheap reading glasses and these didn't seem like that.

"Anyone lose their glasses?" He called out even as he tried to spot someone searching for them. It was hard to see in this crowd. "Glasses! Anyone loose a pair!"

Sirene Naiads

Torvil
(Quinn requests that Mercy not hurt him)

Abigail Miller aka Abby - Talking to a very polite young man... she approves

Abby was about to take yet another snapshot of the plants when she was bumped into, ruining her shot. She was about to show her displeasure in a very proper way, with a sharp 'excuse me' before flouncing off but apparently there was one person in the city with manors since the young man who bumped into her immediately apologized. She blinked up at him, even in a growth spurt of her own she found that she still had to look up at most people, for a moment before nodding her head solemnly. "Yes well, accidents do happen. Especially in such a crowded place." Her light british accent almost lost in the crowded space.

She slipped the camera into her bag and brushed her hands over the light gray woolen skirt of her dress. Even though there were people dressed in casual clothing didn't mean that she had too, besides her dog wasn't here to mess her dress up for once. With the simple white purse, dark gray leggings, and black Mary Janes her outfit was simple yet sweet. And none the worse for wear after being jostled. "One ruined photo isn't a big deal anyway. I have plenty for my paper." Her dark eyes flickered over the young man's appearance, "You aren't here for the extra credit are you?"

kuropeco
(Something like this but in light gray)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:09 am
Myles

Myles made a "Hm," response when she mentioned dance classes; it wasn't anything hostile, just a contemplative noise. He seemed far more interested when she showed him the Red Moon. "Oh, I've seen that! But I thought it was a biker bar, so it must have been a while! Or, rumors," he laughed and drew away so as not to crowd her.

"It's not that I wouldn't dance, if I could," he insisted. "I have, ah, some coordination issues. Not just no rhythm! But you know, you knock your head a few too many times, eventually you start walking a little crooked. Me, dancing," he laughed and shook his head. "No, I don't think I've got that in me. Not that I'm unwilling to try! But I would shame any teacher who took me on!"

Samir

"Daffodils?" he asked, seeming surprised. "I never would have guessed. I expected something unexpected, though. I would have guessed something, I don't know," he pondered for a moment and then shrugged. "Tiger Lilies, or something. Maybe Stargazers. They always looked like strong, beautiful flowers to me. Though, I confess," he flashed her a small smile. "I don't know many flowers. Poinsettias, even. I didn't know they were poisonous."

He reached out to touch a leaf, expecting it curiously.

"...It doesn't look like food, so I didn't intend to try eating it. But Leon," he sighed. "Leon is a big dog, he likes to try everything once. The truth is, I don't even have to weed around my place, the dogs pull them all out. I'm lucky we haven't had to have more vet visits."

Jeremy

Jeremy placed one hand on his forehead, exasperated, and then planted his hand back on his hip before shaking his head.

Jeremy would probably not have children. He had enough going on in his life--if that's what having a teenager was going to be like, he could handle ending his genetic pool with him.

He looked to Caellum. "Make good choices, kid. You don't seem half bad. Go have fun, okay? Just stay out of trouble."

He looked after Jack and seemed disappointed. "...Man, I want food, too, but I can't go near that kid. Or else, you know. I'll be suspicious," he said, locking eyes with Steele and cracking a grin.

You couldn't do his job if you took everything to heart, so all Jeremy could do was laugh about it.

He held out a hand to the man and introduced, "Jeremy Fischer. I don't think I've met you, yet."

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

Sirene Naiads

Romantic Senshi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:30 am
Delilah White
The stroll down memory lane made Delilah smile. Reaching out her hand again, Delilah gave Ginger's arm a squeeze. "Really, that is wonderful. And the fact she got in on it as well makes it even more special."

But at her sudden burst of energy, Delilah jumped. "Oh they are? Maybe we should check them out. I think my parents might like one for the house as well. Something special at the Christmas party. Shall we?"

Motioning over towards the line, Delilah stopped though and did a double take as she noticed a familiar red head scolding two young boys. The sight made her stop, smile, and shake her head.

Ryuthulhu

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Nick Fox
It was more shock and cold that got Nick. The snowball didn't really hurt, and there wasn't a rock in it (a thought always came to him since FF Advance Tactics) so with Mercy's help, most of the snow was easy to get off. Still, some kept clinging to his hair until he pulled back and shook it like a dog.

"Uh...Sorry." He blushed realizing he just smacked Mercy with some. But she had a point. Where did his glasses go?

That was answered by a male voice.

"Hey! Over here!" Nick called out not having a clue which direction the voice was coming from.
Torvil

Fiction1119

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:17 am
Kyuseisha no Hikari

Aubrey shrugged, "I mean, lilies are pretty and so are orchids but they are delicate and hard to care for. I like Daffodils because they are annuals and grow all on their own once the bulbs are planted." Aubrey informed him as she took another step away from the plants.

"Cats especially are at risk because they will get on counters and what not to eat your poisonous plants." she added glancing around the gardens. It was getting crowded and it was surprising that so many people would come to see these flowers, or maybe they just came for the food.

"Why don't we check out the buffet, I didn't have dinner." Aubrey suggested with a small smile, her stomach grumbling slightly.

Skysu

Fiction1119

Original Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:38 am
Arthur Quinton aka Quinn - Returning the glasses and sorta fearing for his life

It didn't take long for someone to respond to Quinn's shout. Apparently they weren't even all that far away, they were just hidden by the crowd. It took a bit but finally he was able to work his way over to the brown haired guy who was the owner of the glasses he had found. "Here you go." He held them out to the younger guy and glanced over at his girlfriend, "Sorry-" Quinn trailed off as he immediately recognized the girl sitting next to the boy. "Mercy!" s**t

"Uh, um, hey." He greeted the younger girl lamely. He knew that she wasn't happy with him, he couldn't blame her. He knew that she was wholly in Delilah's corner, he wanted her there honestly. And he knew she was still helping out at the bookstore, likely working more hours there then he was. That didn't mean he felt like she wouldn't still rip his arm off and beat him with it. Mercy wouldn't do that, not really, but Quinn knew that he still had a lot to make up for and it didn't help any that his other jobs meant that he was only pulling the occasional shift at the bookstore which left the new guy, who Quinn didn't fully trust, and Mercy to pick up the slack. Quinn didn't even know if Mercy was working there as much. He didn't know much at all about anything regarding the darker side of the city. He had been so focused on his work that he had let that side of his life fall away. It made things so much easier to deal with.

Torvil

Sirene Naiads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:49 am
It really was as advertised. The new species of the plant was sitting right there. And it seems the scientists at the botanical garden had managed to grow quite a few of the white and vibrant plants.

Imagi looked on intently as the plants shined with a sparkle all their own.

How had they made such an unique specimen?

Little did she know, the curious girl would soon find out how unique it truly was.

ß  

Meighei

Bishoujo-senshi Mahou-shoujo

Destiny City
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:16 am
Everything was peaceful for far too long, which should have been a sign that something bad was going to happen here in Destiny City. The Chaos struck in an instant.

The plants would discreetly glow pink and then drift back to silver in most instances--until, suddenly, one began to glow a vibrant red. And then the one next to it. And the one next to it. It was like watching dominoes fall--and at first, it was beautiful.

And then the poinsettias moved. The leaves wriggled, like a strong breeze was disrupting them. Then, they twisted and writhed. Vines shot out from the plants--small, but strong.

A scream echoed through the gardens--a battle cry as every poinsettia began to reach towards the nearest living characters. Some poinsettias even shivered in their pots, twisting so vigorously that they pulled themselves right out of their pots. Their roots spread like little limbs and though they seemed off balanced, after a few efforts each plant seemed to learn just how to move to give them movement.

Quote:

It’s dice rolling time! At the top of your next post, please bold your character's actions--they can run and hide, or fight, and each has slightly different instructions when rolling your dice!

If you run and hide...

You have the option to escape all together, but it isn't going to be easy! Roll a single ten sided dice to determine your how well you make a break for it! If you roll a 1-3, you don't get far before you are swarmed by poinsettias! They wrap their vines around you and, upon making contact will begin to glow. You may begin to feel lightheaded! If you roll a 4-10, you manage to elude the poinsettias...for now. Their mobility, small size, and sheer number aren't very reassuring; your hiding spot might not last long...

If you attempt to fight...
You are Destiny City's bravest! You know that it's going to be too difficult to run with all these clingy plants attacking, so you are prepared to stand your ground--roll a ten sided dice to determine your effectiveness! If you roll a 1-3, you don't get far before you are swarmed by poinsettias! They wrap their vines around you and, upon making contact will begin to glow. You may begin to feel lightheaded! If you roll a 4-10 you manage to fend off the poinsettias with your bare hands...for now.

Remember, there is no powering up during this event--it's simply too dangerous and you risk being seen! You will have 24 hours to respond to this prompt before the next one, so act fast! If you do not roll before the next prompt is put up, your character will have been swarmed by poinsettias!
This RP is still open to new posters (and will stay open for people to join!), however, this is the last post anyone can join in on before they are considered a late entrant! Late entrants may be subject to small dice penalties that negatively affect their roll, so join now before you get stuck with those!

Meighei rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 am
The light pulse from pink and back to white usually would have mesmerized Imagi. Had it not been for her thoughts drifting back to science, she would not have fared so well in the next moment. However, she found herself musing that a plant that changed colors so quickly was just not possible.

It was at that moment that the nearest plant began to change and it wasn't its hue this time. A wreathing vine reached for Imagi.

With precision that surprised ever her, she grasped the plant and smashed its pot on the floor.

What had she just done?

ß  

Meighei

Bishoujo-senshi Mahou-shoujo

mewrose rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:13 pm
Sean Jones - attempting to fight

Sean was waiting in line for the buffet when the screaming started. His immediate though was, 'Oh no, not again," accompanied by a strong feeling of dread. He turned towards the screaming, initially scanning the skies because he expected more mutant bats or something similar. He didn't spot anything right away, so he looked farther down to see what people were running from. It turned out the thread was closer and more insidious; the the fancy new poinsettias were attacking. The plants were lashing out at people, and even escaping from their pots to chase after targets. Sean was doubly glad he'd decided not to buy one.

There weren't any of the plants near the buffet area, but with the speed they were moving, they'd reach this area pretty soon. Sean was torn about what to do about them; run, hide, or try and fight them off? Running hadn't worked against the bats, but he wasn't much of a fighter. Yet. Hadn't he joined the Negaverse so he could defend against this sort of thing? He briefly considered powering up, since he was stronger in that form, but there were way too many people around to risk it.

Then the decision was taken out of his hands when a glowing poinsettia scurried out from under a table and headed for him. Sean yelped and, lacking anything to hit the thing with, just kicked at it. He managed to knock it away, but he was sure it would be coming back.  
Past Events Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff