Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
Chocobo Tales: Jade Regent Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:28 am
Kombinant
Ryouga moves over to bodies of the goblins and pokes it around with his foot before squatting and seeing what they have.

Chad-for-Short begins pecking the bodies before looking at Ryoga and letting out a soft cough, saying "R-right. Uh..." Pulling out his sword, he says "Gimme a minute for Choppy-Choppy time. First the heads, then their ears."

Davros snorts and says "Sure you did." Getting up slowly as Chad-for-Short begins beheading corpses, Davros adds "Gah, I feel like death. Which I suppose is oddly appropriate, given the circumstances..." Shrugging, he moves to lean against the pig pen, saying "So... what the hell happened here? Looks like the party went down without us."

Ryoga shrugs as he collects a pile of dogslicers and some makeshift wooden shields and leather from the dead goblins.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 pm
Cowpies77

"Oh here? Well I found out that I should stick to kicking heads in, instead of trying to sneak around. I kinda fumbled around outside and the little bastards were almost waiting for me."

Ryouga finishes piling the weapons and equipment of the goblins and begins pacing back and forth while he waits for Chad-for-Short to finish.

"Either of you think there might be more around? I thought we were here after a tribe or something..."  

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:57 pm
Kombinant
"Either of you think there might be more around? I thought we were here after a tribe or something..."

Chad-for-Short, using a knife on the severed heads, walks over and says "Not likely that there's much of a tribe left... Walter said back at his place that this was a small tribe, and well... we just killed 9, and I'd reckon that there's more than that in the fire pit there. Something rolled through here and tore these guys apart. My question is... why on earth did they break the door to the gate from the inside going out?"

Davros, who was taking a long drink from one of several water skins, let's out a loud belch (and Chad-for-Short and Ryoga both quickly realize that it's filled with beer, based on the smell), and says "Fish people. We ARE in a swamp. That's my bet. Either Gator people, or like, that Soggy River Monster."

"Then why leave some alive?"

"Are we really gon' try and figure out why gator people do gator things? Really now? Anyway, I think we best be clearin' out the rest 'o these houses, yeh?"

Chad-for-Short hesitates a bit, saying "Does anyone need more healing? I'm down to my last spell, but I can still do some spiritual prayers if we're in dire straights. It kinda heals everyone and everything in the area, so I don't like to use it in battle..."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:16 pm
Cowpies77
Chad-for-Short hesitates a bit, saying "Does anyone need more healing? I'm down to my last spell, but I can still do some spiritual prayers if we're in dire straights. It kinda heals everyone and everything in the area, so I don't like to use it in battle..."

Ryouga takes a look over his wounds, testing his range of motion and if he hurting anywhere. "It's just a few scratches I'll be fine, can't say for the big guy there though. But Chad-for-Short makes a fair point. It's a bit odd that they left some goblins alive and broke out from the inside... Maybe we ought to be careful from here on. Clear out the houses and check for more goblins then head back or find a safe camp, y'know?"  

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:05 pm
Kombinant
"It's just a few scratches I'll be fine, can't say for the big guy there though. But Chad-for-Short makes a fair point. It's a bit odd that they left some goblins alive and broke out from the inside... Maybe we ought to be careful from here on. Clear out the houses and check for more goblins then head back or find a safe camp, y'know?"

"Feh. I'll keep it like this if possible. I like the scars cuz chick's dig 'em. B'sides, I got my own tricks I can pull out when the little bastards swing at me. I'm not completely helpless, unlike some people, who shall remain nameless. heh heh heh..."
Ryoga feels a little anger vein pop out, but before he can say anything, Chad-for-Short says "Alright! Who told you about that time I got attacked by and lost a fight to squirrels!? It was one time!" Poking a feathery finger into the confused half-orc's belly, the Tengu says "They were nimble little buggers and I swear they cheated!" Turning to Ryoga, he leads the two martial artists and begins checking the houses, continuing "So there I was, traveling like, 4 or 5 towns ago, hungry as a newborn chickadee, and so I saw this squirrel stashing away chestnuts inside of a tree. 'Awesome,' says I. 'I'll just roast some of these up and snack on them'. So I reach in, right? BAM! I swear to you they had like... one of those mouse traps in there! It was an ambush!" Flailing around with wild gestures, he says "They were leapin' down from the trees! Popping out from holes in the ground! Little furry ninjas! They were after my two nuts! They were clawin' and biting and scratching and so I just ran like a bird out of Hells till they cornered me inside of an outhouse. Terrible day. Worst part was someone made a... 'deposit' after they plucked me and pushed me in. Couldn't get the stink out for days. But that was only the beginning of these furry aggressors!"

The morbid tale continues and Ryoga and Davros both admittedly listen rather interested to see where the bird-man's story leads for several tens of minutes. Ryoga notes that, pretty much all the houses show signs of struggle, fighting and disrepair, with things like broken weapons, pots, netting and floorboards still lying all about. One house in particular is burned down with no reason at all, and Chad-for-Short notes that the fire predates the rest of the damage at the village.

User Image

There's also a house that is slightly more decorated and doesn't seem to have any signs of the fighting in it (H7) and also a locked house (H9) which looks to be better built than the others. There are gaps in the door, and everyone can pretty much guess it's barred on the inside.
"Doesn't look like the fighting got this far..." Davros says, thinking out loud to no one in particular. Ryoga can tell even from a casual glance that he's right: The walkway here seems intact and the door itself is unmarred.

(Chocobo, I need a perception check from you to search any of the houses)  
Kombinant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:27 pm
This chocobo is of the curious variety. Ryouga will poke around for valuables as they clear the houses for goblins.

Perception +7  

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:55 pm
Kombinant
This chocobo is of the curious variety. Ryouga will poke around for valuables as they clear the houses for goblins.

Perception +7

The place is filled with refuse, and Davros finds some things to eat out of the storehouse that Chad-for-short and Ryoga both kinda flinch at (which is sad considering Chad-for-short has a habit of eating dead people), but Ryoga manages to find in H7 a nifty little purse that is clearly not goblin made (probably looted from a goblin raid or something) with 23 gold inside. Pocketing the loot, he turns and sees Chad-for-short holding three foot-long wooden tubes, vaguely shaped like fat arrows, painted red with a golden double stripe going along the length of the shaft. Sniffing them suspiciously, Chad-for-short says "I have no idea what's in here, but it has a thing of string coming out of one end. I don't know where I've placed this smell before though. Definitely not local, though."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:11 pm
"Hmm? They're not anything I can recall seeing. You can bring 'em with if you want. Make Davros carry 'em. He's got the muscles for it, gotta use 'em for something other than just flailing wildly."

Ryouga wanders over to the locked house giving the door a half-hearted push to see how well it's locked.

"Hey Davros, think you can force this open?"  

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:04 pm
Kombinant
"Hmm? They're not anything I can recall seeing. You can bring 'em with if you want. Make Davros carry 'em. He's got the muscles for it, gotta use 'em for something other than just flailing wildly."

Ryouga wanders over to the locked house giving the door a half-hearted push to see how well it's locked.

"Hey Davros, think you can force this open?"

Chad-for-short looks around, then pockets the three wooden tubes and walks out, whistling. Ryoga often is left wondering how someone with no lips can whistle, but shrugs it off.

Davros, walking over to the door, says "Most likely. Let's give it a stab, yeah?"
Looking at the door, Davros guesses where the beam is, then laces his fingers and does a hammer blow on the door. The wood, while sturdy, was clearly not meant to withstand the brute strength that the Half-Orc is bringing, and gets several large, loud cracks as it splinters. Following up with a heel kick, the door splits in half, with one half falling over, and the other half swinging open violently.

The walls of this room are decorated with numerous poorly preserved horse and dog heads, along with other trophies like broken weapons, brine-pickled bodies of brutally slaughtered furry animals, and other bits of grisly ephemera. There's a rickety 5' tall wooden chair against the far wall, with a goblin sitting on it wearing a little crown made of what looks like the rib cage of a dog. Snarling "PIRAAAAA~!" in Goblin, he points at Davros.
Davros just turns to Chad-for-short, saying "What?"
"It means 'Fire'."
"Huh... Alright."

Ryoga is kind of both amused and disturbed that there are two goblins that were hiding near the door, surrounded by the trophies and holding candles to foot-long blue wooden tubes with white splotches on them. The little wicks on them catch on fire and let out a little colorful display of sparks. The goblins begin waving it threateningly at Davros, who just raises an eyebrow. "Uh... riiiight. I'm just gonna punch you all."
Two more Goblins appear and charge at Davros and Ryoga. The one charging at Davros appears to try and slide under him to try and get to the other side, and instead ends up directly underneath the Half-Orc.
The other goblin Stepping into the doorway, a goblin leaps down from the ceiling to try and catch Davros unawares. And misses, instead tackling the Goblin charging Ryoga.
"This... this is going to be a story I'm going to tell people at some point. This is possibly the saddest attempt at an ambush I've ever seen." Chad-for-Short says out loud, face-palming.

Goblins with a purple dot on their heads are PRONE.
User Image  
Kombinant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:21 pm
Initiative +3  

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
Kombinant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 pm
Ryouga lets out a chuckle at the pathetic ambush attempt from the goblins. (Not that he's one to do so...) Before stepping forward and punching down at the prone goblin in front of him like a karate master trying to split a piece of wood.

Melee Attack +4 (+2 attack, Flanking with Davros +2)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:45 pm
Ryoga flinches a bit as his arm nearly gets cut off by Chad-for-Short's b*****d Sword arcing through the air and cutting the Goblin almost in half.
Ryoga casts an angry glance at the Tengu, who shrugs and mumbles out a short apology.
Davros however raises up his gorilla like fists and brings them both down on one goblin each. There's enough force that it actually cracks the floorboards underneath the heads as both gobbos begin spraying out blood.

Gutwad, enraged, leaps to his feet in his high chair and pulls out a spear and stabs at the half-orc, screeching in Goblin some more. Davros tries to dodge, but the Chief's aim is well practiced, striking the Half-orc in the chest. Taking a half-step back, Davros says "Weeeeell now, looks like shorty there actually got some sk-!" He's interrupted when the two other goblins, waving sparklers, shoot small, but not inconsiderable, balls of pyrotechnics at Davros. The Pugilist just looks at them unamused and says "Really? Really?"  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
Kombinant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:26 am
Ryouga steps forward over the messy corpses of the dead goblins and attempts to rip the spear out of Gutwad's hands.

Disarm Attempt -2 (-4 penalty for being unarmed, +2 CMB bonus) Ryouga has the improved Disarm feat, so he does not provoke an attack of opportunity from starting a disarm attempt...  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:03 pm
Ryoga moves towards the goblin on the high chair, and gets stabbed for 6 hp.
Looking up, Chief Gutwad seems to take a special amount of delight in harming Ryoga in particular, screeching in Goblin as he bats away Ryoga's hands.

"Well, that's not nice." Chad-for-Short says, thumbing over his fetish necklace.
"What?!"
"Well, Harpy there just shouted out several racial slurs at Ryoga. Something along the lines of '********' and 'lankey son of circus-freak rejects'. I'm not really sure how you get rejected from that."
Stepping forward, Davros shouts back "WELL STOP ******** TRANSLATING IT THEN!" Turning to the Goblin Chief with a furious expression, Davros shouts back something in Orcish as he lunges towards one of the sparkler-wielding goblins. Ryoga can feel a Second Wind of sorts as Chad-for-Short finishes a healing chant to the goddess of travelers, Alseta. Ryoga's wounds heal for 5 hp.

Davros, meanwhile slams the sparkler goblin so hard that his fists carry through in an uppercut towards the Goblin Chief. The blow catches Gutwad square in the chin, and Ryoga can see a couple teeth being knocked free from the goblin's mouth. Gutwad appears slightly caught off guard by the sheer force of the blow, the goblin chief maintains a complete defense stance, watching to avoid any blows as he draws out a potion and a dogslicer.

User Image

The last remaining goblin snarls a bit, waving the sparkler around at Ryoga as he tries to scare the monk into saying away.  

Cowpies77
Vice Captain

Unforgiving Punching Bag

10,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
Kombinant rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Kombinant

Gracious Gaian

4,750 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:19 pm
Ryouga lets out a sigh of frustration before moving towards and attacking the sparkler goblin, completely ignoring its attempts to frighten him away...

Ryouga attacks with a righteous Chocobo punch, letting out a roar of frustration in a passable impression of Davros: Melee Attack +2.  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 27 28 29 30 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff