Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
[o] The Legend of Zelda: Sons of Time [o] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:24 pm
Act 25: Problems
Scene 3

Something feels warm...it kind of smells like a barbeque. This feeling Sheik had seemed to calm him, but no matter how long he wanted to believe it, he would eventually need to see what it is. Opening his eyes, he saw some clouds of smoke zip past him, ascending at a rapid rate. But clouds couldn’t move that fast. His suspicion was confirmed when he noticed the wind whipping by his ears, as well as his hair, which was flapping violently. Oh Din, please don’t tell me what I think it is. But the boy turned around anyway, and fright immediately settled on his face.
He was plummeting into a volcano!
With not much to do as Sheik continued to freefall, and the air becoming rapidly hotter, he only found one course of action; try to save himself. By twisting his body, he gradually moved out of the way of the summit, attempting to land on the edge of the volcano. His plan didn’t exactly work, as the “edge” he was shooting for was extremely slim, and while he tried his best to maintain his plan, mother nature had others.
The volcano suddenly rumbled, sending up debris and small molten rocks, causing Sheik to fall on the inner edge, almost breaking his arm as he continued to fall in the volcano. Eventually he landed on an outcropping, bruised and beaten, as the volcano simply raged even harder.
“Ow...” Was all that Sheik could muster from that long drop as the boy slowly got to his buckling knees. His bandages now served a purpose other than a fashion statement, because the moment he touched his face, something wet and sticky could be felt. Looking at his hand, he saw the tips of his fingers were now covered in blood. The heat was intense as the volcano picked up, rumbling harder until it eventually erupted, a lava geyser shooting straight for the boy, but not even touching the outcropping he was on. If I don’t get out of here soon, I’m gonna die from heatstroke. When the geyser lessened, the young boy looked for an escape route, though perhaps the only one would be out through the summit.
As soon as the geyser dropped, the outcropping gave way, breaking off from the wall and taking a very startled Sheik with it. He tried to maintain balance as best he could, surmising the slab would be safe enough in the lava when the next eruption came, which wasn’t too far from the earlier one. Sheik clung to the slab as the lava propelled it upwards at high velocity. As soon as he broke out, and the lava started flowing down the volcano, he manoeuvred the slab to the outer edge, allowing him to come down on the lava flow and be carried along with it as he surfed down the volcano. The lava, however, seemed to eat at the slab, but looking outward, calculated he’d be home free at this speed.
As soon as he touched base with the ground, he bolted off the slab and dashed through the rough terrain with his Pegasus Boots, quickly leaving the volcano behind. Mental note; never do that again, Sheik.

---

“Alright Tiberi, we’re back!” Shadow Martel popped into view atop a roof in the small village, as Shadow Rioan came in as well, his frozen prize nearby. He dared not stray too far lest he be ambushed by a hero on their way here.
Out from the shadow of a second building, Tiberi came into view, slowly walking across the twisted street. He didn’t say anything, or even show much acknowledgement. His face was just a cold stare at the ground.
“I presume you’ve taken care of your end of things here?” Shadow Martel leapt off the roof and began walking towards the man. “Because you know what’ll happen if I find you’re lying.”
Tiberi remained silent, giving a slight nod to a long house just down the street and up a small hill.
Sceptic, Shadow Martel followed Tiberi’s direction. Upon opening the door, he saw six or seven men, all passed out and slightly bloody. Some even had wounds as if hit with a blunt object. Shadow Martel walked around the table all of them were stationed at, making sure Tiberi lived up to his word. Satisfied, Shadow Martel nodded and left. “Well, looks like you can be useful after all.”
As his partner continued a rather one-sided conversation with Tiberi, Shadow Rioan somehow kept feeling a presence that was not his or his prisoner’s. He looked around the town, even glancing up the surrounding mountainside to spot anything out of the ordinary. Yet all appeared normal. He decided to dismiss it for now. Whatever it was, he’d find out later. Shadow Martel was now walking towards him.
“So, what shall we do with this one?”
“I doubt brainwashing will work again.” Shadow Rioan solemnly stated.
Shadow Martel put a hand on his chin, stroking it as he looked up at Aislin’s icy prison. “Perhaps not.” He then paced back and forth, trying to think of something to teach this traitor a lesson, though he would love to kill her. However, their master might have something in store. Then again, he told the two to do whatever they wanted should Aislin have faltered, and now that she has, the shadows were able to carry out their desire. “I suppose all that’s left is to dispose of this worthless being.”

---

Sheik continued to descend the mountain range, eventually spotting a small town below. Perhaps one of his friends was there. If not, it was worth a shot. However, something tugged at the back of the boy’s mind, telling him to be cautious. Listening, Sheik slowed his descent, now close to the ground, though a few more mountains were in his way. He made his way through them, careful not to slip, and after a long while, reached the safe ground, ground that wouldn’t give way and break. He sighed lightly before continuing towards the village. Yet his mind reminded him to be wary. Stopping in his tracks for a moment, he dug out his Twin Claw and proceeded to leap on a roof. Moving silently, he saw what lay in front of him. A conversation between Martel’s shadow and someone he hadn’t seen before, while Rioan’s shadow seemed to guard something frozen. He then remembered that these two were responsible for freezing Aislin and sending them off. He figured as much.
Shadow Rioan suddenly looked around, as if noticing the boy was here. Crap. Sheik quickly ducked out of sight and waited a moment before presuming it was safe again. Shadow Martel was going on about something concerning the new person, though Sheik didn’t exactly understand it. Perhaps he came in the middle of the conversation? Peeking over again, he saw that the two Shadows were talking to each other now. When the boy heard “dispose”, he figured that was his cue. But he needed a plan, and fast. Looking at his Twin Claw, he remembered he could charge up a fiery slash. He’d be able to melt Aislin and take out Rioan’s shadow with it, but Martel’s still had to be dealt with...
Figuring that was as good a plan as any, Sheik silently dropped down from the roof. He charged up his weapon, the two small blades emanating a red glow, and then dashed into the fray courtesy of his Pegasus boots. He launched the fire attack at Shadow Rioan, who didn’t notice – or if he did, didn’t expect it – and let out a howl of pain. Shadow Martel was confused, not seeing Sheik yet, and immediately ignited his hands. He looked around for the perpetrator, a scowl on his face.
“I know you’re here! Show yourself, runt!” Shadow Martel demanded. The response was another attack on Shadow Rioan, who now crumpled to the ground. Shadow Martel ran around Aislin, launching a fireball in hopes of hitting his target, but it simply sailed forward before hitting a wall and bursting. Where is that runt? And is there more?
Another sound came from the other side where he was originally as Shadow Rioan continually kept taking poundings from someone he didn’t expect to see again. “You!” he called before a fireball was tossed.
Sheik launched off of Shadow Rioan right as the fireball came at him, barely missing his feet. Shadow Rioan was sent into the frosty prison, small fires torching his tunic. Shadow Martel hucked some more fireballs, trying to kill the intruder, but Sheik kept dodging. He was too fast for an attack like that.
“You’re gonna die one way or another!” Shadow Martel called.
“No.” The response wasn’t from either side, and both of them looked to the man standing off to the side. Tiberi then raised an arm in the air, and snapped his fingers. “It is you who will perish.”
Before any of them could react, the door to the building Shadow Martel entered burst open, and a half dozen men poured out, some wielding various weapons, a couple without. The first to strike at Shadow Martel was a beefy man with red hair and mutton chops, slamming his hand down, though Shadow Martel simply jumped out of the way. Sheik took this opportunity to slash his foe from behind. He’d thank them later; for now, defeating Shadow Martel was priority number one.
“Tiberi you dirty traitor!” Shadow Matel snapped. “I should have you frozen with Aislin! I’m sure you’d-oof!”
With his mind elsewhere, one of the other men from the house slammed a hammer into shadow Martel’s back, sending the evil kid rolling straight for Tiberi. The thin man simply picked him up and tossed him back into the fray, as Sheik delivered another blow before kicking him into the ground. At this rate, he’d be finished off. Sheik looked up at one of the men. “Melt that!” he pointed towards the tall slab of ice that simply sat there while the battle raged around it.
“On it!” The man had short red hair and a small beard. He rushed in a house and started filing through a drawer.
Sheik looked at the rest of them. “You guys take care of this one. I’m gonna get the other.” And with that order, he leapt over the others, finishing up any business with Shadow Rioan. Sheik noticed the doppelganger was starting to come around, so he charged up another fire attack. He heard the man who went in the house come towards him with a lighter and torch. After igniting it, he pressed it against the ice. Sheik picked up Shadow Rioan before he could react and delivered some more punches to the face, as well as slashing across his chest with his fire attack of his own. The ice was beginning to thaw now; soon, Aislin would be free.
The other men ganged up on the kid stuck in the ground. The beefy one that was the first to strike earlier pulled him out and held him in front of the others, watching his buddies maul the kid with no remorse. “Haha, that’s it, faster! Harder!” he called, grinning as he did so.
But suddenly all of them were flung back as Shadow Martel found an opening and decided to use it, exerting a huge burst of flame to free himself. He looked at the now fallen adults, readying a couple fireballs.
Sheik looked at the situation, delivering one last punch to Shadow Rioan, before coming up with a quick idea. Hauling his foe’s unconscious body with him, he bolted for the other Shadow, leapt in the air and tossed Shadow Rioan at his target.
The two Shadow Heroes collided, and since Shadow Martel was furious and exerting a lot of fire energy, this resulted in Shadow Rioan taking even more damage, and yelling some more. Shadow Martel called off his flames as his partner collapsed on the ground again. He looked up to see Aislin was now standing in a large puddle, arrow nocked and aimed at him, and growled. “Alright, take your victory for now! But remember, you’re now all on my hit list!” and a second later, he disappeared with Shadow Rioan, leaving the area.
“What was that about?” Asked a short, chubby guy.

“You’ve fought those two before?”
Sheik nodded at Gorn’s question. He had gathered their names once all of them were settled in the main hall, which was the same building Sheik saw them come out of. Aislin was sitting next to Axien, the muscular member of the group, and seemed to take an interest in the man. He was telling her about his efforts to help rid the town of those two pests, but kept exaggerating the truth. Brom kept reminding him not to do that, though apparently his word didn’t dissuade Aislin one bit.
So how did you two meet, if you don’t mind me asking?” Gorn was referring to Sheik and Aislin, as he kept flicking his finger between the two.
“Oh, well, that’s kind of a long story.” Sheik scratched his head. “And I’m not sure how to word it either.”
“Is it a rainy day kind of story?” Axien asked, looking up from Aislin.
Sheik put on a smile. “I guess you could say that.”  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:15 pm
Act 26: Friends
Scene 1

The guard passed about four times now, patrolling the hall. It was grinding Rioan’s nerves to no end, who jumped back in the box in order to think of a strategy. He was outnumbered about three to one, though he swore there may have been a few others he missed. Come on, you’ve taken down legions of monsters, what’s a few women gonna do? Although the thought sounded like he had no feelings for beating a woman, it wouldn’t help his predicament any, since the Gerudo were fierce, and if he showed any emotion, it might come back to bite him in the butt.
Finally deciding a course of action, he waited for the guard to pass again and turn back into the kitchen. When his cue arose, Rioan popped out of the box, bow in hand and arrow nocked, before whipping around the corner and letting it fly. It struck the guard’s back, and she fell. The others were immediately alerted to the intruder, and attempted to rush him. He met their swords with his hammer, solidly stunning a second guard by smacking it against her head and winding a third as the hammer met her gut. Three down, now Rioan had a little bit more leeway and a proper headcount. Three remained, and they would be nothing, considering how easy he knocked out the first few.
“You’re dead, kid!” one guard shouted, attempting to stab the boy with her spear. Rioan simply blocked it with his shield, knocking the guard off balance a little. She regained quickly and came back stronger. Rioan had a harder time shaking her, but thought of a way around this. He swiftly and silently dug in his seed satchel for a Scent seed and whipped it at the Gerudo, the seed breaking open on impact and releasing its strange gas. The guards hacked and wheezed, dropping their guard as Rioan made a break for it, dashing through the cloud and up the far set of stairs, winding though a small passage and coming outside again. Judging from his vantage point, he was pretty far up.
Looking to his right, he found a small, climbable ledge. Making a small dash up and over, he continued on only to hit a dead end. There was a small gap on his right, and he easily bound over it, though fell slightly short on the other side, gripping the ledge with all of his might. Eventually he pulled himself up and dusted off. Walking around the edge, he found some vines and moss running down the side. He quickly made his way to the top, only to find he had reached the highest point of the fortress. There was just nothing up here, although a chest lay across the way, and over a gap. But as the boy drew nearer, found the jump impossible.
“So, you’re the hooligan, are you?”
Rioan whipped around, immediately drawing his sword before even noticing who was talking. It was yet another Gerudo, this time in a green getup, resting her sword over her right shoulder. It’s twin was strapped to her back. He knew this one would be different. “Who are you?”
The woman scoffed, a smirk on her face. “My name is Aveil. How did you get up here?”
“Same way you did, I’m guessing?”
Aveil scoffed again. “Doubt it.” She then took strides towards the boy as she spoke next. “You must have a lot of guts to get past the guards here.”
“That’s nothing!” Rioan said confidently. “I’ve had harder times than this.”
Aveil stopped, withdrawing her second sword. “If that’s the case, what say you?” she pointed a sword at Rioan, the curved blade mere inches from his face. “Let’s see if you can defeat me in a match right here.”
Rioan took a second to think about his options, although he should’ve thought about his position more. “You’re on!”
The battle was fast underway, Aveil dashing forward in one swift motion to slice up Rioan where he stood, but the boy leapt over the blades, dashing up to Aveil and punting her in the chest with his boot. He then followed up with a leaping slash, but Aveil caught his blade and flung the boy across the roof as she somersaulted overhead. Rioan skidded, taken surprise by the Gerudo’s move. She came at him, blades by her side in almost a crablike fashion. Was she trying to confuse him? Whatever the case, he rushed her again, only to be struck by his opponent’s blade. He was sent to the other side again, almost skidding off the edge. His tunic now had a slight tear in it, but he had other things to worry about. Third time’s the charm, he told himself, dashing again.
This time Aveil jumped skyward, Rioan following with his eyes. She kicked off of the rock wall that stuck out slightly over the roof of the hideout, coming straight for the boy. Rioan had three seconds to act before he would be toast, so he deftly hopped over the slash she made and brought his hammer down on her head. Now that he had her dazed, he followed up with a swing of the large mallet, whacking her side and sending her flying. She almost rolled off the edge, leading towards the gap with the chest on the other side.
“Not bad, kid.” Aveil slowly stood up, looking at the boy without taking her eyes off. “You seem to have enough battle experience.” Rioan gave a cocky grin. “But that means I can stop toying with you.” Aveil swung her swords around, affixing them to her sides, beckoning Rioan to attack. The boy didn’t waste any time, rushing for the woman. He swung his hammer, but before it collided with her, she disappeared, a small puff of smoke left behind.
“What the-?” Rioan was dumbstruck by the event, which left his guard down. A sneaking suspicion leapt at him, and his gut told him to turn. He did so, striking his hammer against one of Aveil’s swords. “So you can teleport now?”
“It’s not so much that as moving fast.” Aveil mocked. Rioan swung again, but Aveil disappeared again, looming over the boy now as she came down, swords placed to cut his arms off. Rioan saw the growing shadow, and instinctively struck his hammer against her blades. “If you keep hitting my weapons, you’re not going to win.”
“I’ll do whatever I want lady!”
“Very well.” Aveil whistled soon after, and a lot of footsteps were heard. Rioan didn’t know what was going on, but soon found out as five Gerudo leapt up the wall behind his opponent, landing on the edge before standing up, a sword in each of their hands. Rioan twisted around to find five others do the same thing after running across the roof. They were now penned in, the rock wall to the east, and a cliff to a lower level of the fortress on the left. “Be warned that if you come near the guards, they won’t hesitate to cut you up either.”
“Doesn’t exactly seem fair, since they can just help you up after I smack you down.”
Aveil shrugged. “You’ve been at bigger odds; let’s see you live up to your word.”
The battle resumed, Rioan switching to his sword and shield this time, as he blocked blows from Aveil while trying to deliver his own. However, he had very little openings, and she kept throwing him off balance. She was officially more difficult than the Gerudo in red he fought earlier. Attempting to gain the upper hand, he thrust his shield forward, shrugging off one of her swords as he went to strike. However, she disappeared, leaving smoke behind, and he found himself close to the guards. One took a swing at him, and he back flipped to get out of the way, only to be met with his opponent’s blades on his back.
“Ngh!” Rioan stuttered, clenching his teeth. The swords didn’t go too far, but deep enough to leave small wounds. He collapsed to one knee as Aveil stood over him, sword pointed at his back.
It was a while before anything happened. Rioan looked at Aveil, a blank expression on her face. “Lock him up again.”
The guards advanced, reaching out to grab the boy. But they failed to see what Rioan had in his one hand. A small crackle was heard as Rioan’s hand lit on fire! He secretly dug out an Ember seed and with the flame, launched it at the closest guard, who caught on fire as a result. She ran around screaming as Rioan crushed a second seed, flinging its blue powder in the air and letting it land on him. As the guards went to assault, he tore off, smacking each with his hammer, sending a couple off the side before giving a successful blow to Aveil, taking advantage of the chaos, and launching her in the air before he took out the other line of guards, all meeting his hammer and collapsing where they stood or being sent off the edge. It may have been brutal, but it was necessary. As Aveil fell , Rioan acted quickly, leaping up and bringing his hammer over his head and onto hers, as both landed hard on the stone roof.
Aveil was now unconscious for the moment as Rioan took a moment to catch his breath. “There.” Rioan gasped for more air as he panted heavily. The wounds on his back flared slightly, forcing him to cringe, but he remained strong. He wanted to get up, but his body refused to cooperate. “Oh well, not like I’m in a rush at the moment...”
After he spoke, Aveil started to come to, groaning slightly as she slowly sat up. The thief rubbed the back of her head, where Rioan had struck her, before turning her attention to the boy. “Some...some skill, kid.”
“Heh...thanks...” Rioan responded in between huffs. “I practice.”
“I’m sure you do.” Aveil then shook her head to clear her mind, and also ease the pain. Fortunately, Rioan didn’t strike too hard, and she seemed back in full spirit in no time. She then turned away, walking towards the northern edge of the roof. Without a word, she bound over it, landing safely on the other side. Walking up to the chest, she causally lifted the lid and reached in, digging something out. She came back to Rioan straight after, and presented the boy with an odd slip of paper. “Take this.”
“What is it?” Rioan asked as he reached out to claim the parchment. It was an old piece of paper, almost like a document or something.
“It is the Gerudo Token. With this, you are now a member to our tribe, and can access the Training Grounds, Archery Range, and be allowed access to the Desert Colossus, the base of operations where our leader, Nabooru, makes home.”
It was certainly a lot to be offered for just one slip of paper, but if Aveil saw fit to accept him, then that was something! “Uh, thanks, I guess.” Rioan didn’t know what else to say, and looked at the parchment again.
“Think nothing of it!” Aveil smiled. “Or perhaps, think of it as your spoils. You fought well for someone so young.”
“Speaking of which...” Rioan struggled to stand. “Is there a doctor I can see to patch up my back?” Aveil just laughed for a long time, making Rioan wonder if she was serious, or if she took his words as a joke. “What?”
“Nothing, sorry. Yes, we do have a nurse.” Aveil calmed down, walking over to Rioan. “Let me lead you to her.”  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:17 pm
Scene 2

“You can’t be serious.”
Evina looked beyond the horizon at the three pyramids in the distance. “If one of the crystals is there, I have to find it. Besides,” she glanced back at Padma, “I’m sure you know more about this place than me, not to mention I’d be alone if you stayed here.”
Padma weighed the options. She strongly advised against going to the Sand Temple, but on the other hand, she didn’t want this young girl to perish. “What if one of these crystals you speak of isn’t there?”
Evina stretched. “It’s worth a check. Besides, I’ve been in so many dungeons before, I know how to identify one when I see it.”
“Dungeon? Who said the Sand Temple was a dungeon?” Padma seemed struck with slight confusion that a child could utter such things. When Evina didn’t answer, she continued. “However, if you’re dead set on exploring the temple, I suppose I could be of some assistance.”

The walk had been long and arduous, with Leevers, Moldorms, Debirando, and the odd Guay getting in their path and costing them effort and time. They didn’t have much in the way of rations, Evina with her bottle full of water to keep hydrated. Padma didn’t need much; she was used to this environment. Hours had passed, and more creatures popping out of the sand as if in waves. It was relentless, but somehow, they made it to their destination, low on rations by this point. Evina never drank her water, even.
“Well, here we are.” Padma gazed upward at the largest of the three pyramids, then glanced at the other two. “A trial is required in all three before we even get to see the real temple.”
Evina was stricken with awe, the majesty of the pyramid’s wondrousness in her eyes. She noticed the other two pyramids were angled, as if all were facing a center point. Evina guessed that the true temple would sprout up in the center. The scenery made it evident. What’re they like?”
Padma looked at her young companion. Somehow, Evina reminded her of herself when she was that age. Maybe it was the color of the witch’s hair. She looked back at the pyramids. “Each one is designed with the Triforce in mind; power, wisdom, and courage, and tests your ability to its extent in sometimes harmful or impossible ways. I’ve never really conquered any on my own, and I don’t think anyone else has either.”
“Well, this time you’re not alone.” Evina chimed in, and Padma seemed to take some comfort in those words, a small smile forming on her lips. “Come on, let’s go!”

The first pyramid they entered was dark. So dark, it reminded Evina of Blackwood Forest. A huge heat wave poured over them when they took their first steps inside. Evina ignited a small flame that sat on the tip of her finger, much to Padma’s amazement, though the Gerudo didn’t say anything. What could be seen in the fire’s glow were a lot of pillars, resembling coiling dragons, the eyes lit up by small green jewels that gave off a nice glint in the right light. The pillars were a faded red, which suggested to Evina that the place must be ancient and therefore dusty. The floor was tiled, and rather meticulously, Evina noted, with several engraved drawings of a dragon with fiery whiskers and spiked mane. What was interesting was that the dragon carving bore a robe.
“Looks like we’re in Eldin’s Pyramid.” Padma chimed in. “Eldin was one of the three spirits when Hyrule was first created by the goddesses, according to lore, and took up residence in the heart of a volcano.”
“You read Hylian lore?” Evina asked.
“What, you think all I know and believe in is Gerudo faith?” Padma smiled coyly. “It gets boring in the Dark World, so you need something to do.”
That seemed true, but Evina just didn’t know that someone from another culture would study up on something so biblical. They continued on, finding more of the dragon pillars and carvings of Eldin. But what nagged Evina was why were there pyramids in a Gerudo desert, albeit the Dark World, when the dragons were of Hylian myth? She cleared her thoughts when they reached the end of the large hall, and a stairway opened up to them in the light of Evina’s flame. The trials themselves must’ve been on higher floors, as there was nothing down here. She looked to Padma, who seemed to have the same thought, and the two began climbing.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:19 pm
Scene 3

With a signoff from the Kakariko Resistance, along with Tiberi’s redemption, Sheik and Aislin departed for Death Mountain, the place Sheik had nearly died in earlier. Aislin was given a bottle of red potion for her trip, and Sheik waited to find a Fairy Fountain, although there may not be any in the Dark World, and the guys had never mentioned one nearby. Although if they had asked, they might get a lead on one.
The hike was treacherous, weaving up and through smaller mountains on jagged paths-or none at all-on their way. Death Mountain kept growing, looming over the duo as they neared ever closer to the base of the volcano. A few enemies were found as well; Keese, mainly, but there were also Tektites and further up, Lynels, a half human, half horse, part lion creature that wielded a sword and shield and occasionally spit fire at them. Aislin busted up their shields with her hammer and shot down some whenever she found a chance, though Sheik just rushed in, swiping wherever he could.
“So, do you remember anything else when we were split up from the forest?” Sheik’s question may have been curt, but he was just curious, and also concerning about Aislin’s memory and how it was coming along. They were almost to the base. Just one more mountain stood in their way.
“Hm?” Aislin seemed caught off guard, but after digesting the boy’s question, she tried her hardest to remember the tiniest thing, something from her childhood or even recently. The image of Evina in the Forest Temple flashed across her eyes, and she knew that was a bad thought when she saw herself getting greedy with a treasure chest. That must’ve been where she got her bow, because another image that flew through her mind was her shooting down a Skulltula while standing next to Rioan. Again, she dismissed the thought, saying to herself that it must not have been her, or not completely. Then a burning village etched itself in, and she knew that was her hometown, as a blurred figure in armor sat behind her on a horse. Her father, and she realized she had mistakenly called Rioan that when the Skull Kid’s village was on fire from the Shadow Twins. She came back to reality, seeing Sheik’s half-hidden face behind a bandage over his left eye and partly because of his blonde hair over the other. She shook her head, “Sorry. I can’t remember anything.” But it was a lie, and she knew it. She thought if this boy found out what she had really done, he might leave her, and she would have nothing but fragmented memories. Then again, she was in some strange armor when she had initially met the four kids, and could never remember how she came into possession of it, and this provoked more questions than answers, questions she didn’t really know the answer to, and doubted if this boy did, and if so, whether he would tell her or not. She remembered Martel telling her they would help get her memory back after the nightmare of the grotto, but since they were under attack, she really couldn’t blame him for not telling her then. Giving her head another shake, she figured they should just move on. She knew she’d get her memory back in time. Perhaps it was best not to think too hard.

They stood at the base of Death Mountain itself, the tall-and-steeply-slanted-near-the-top volcano intimidating to them both. Gorn had mentioned that some sort of penitentiary lay inside, colloquially called the Lava Prison, and held the worst people and monsters around. If they had to be fighting fellow civilians, Sheik wondered if diplomacy would work. If it was a prison, his second doubt was whether a crystal would be here.
“We’re really going in there?” Aislin asked. She didn’t sound sure of herself.
Sheik pondered a moment before replying, “Yes. If one of the crystals is in there, we’ve gotta find it.” He turned to her, “It’s really hot in there too, almost-“ then he caught himself, reminded of how he was plummeting into the volcano after they were separated.
“What?” Aislin inquired. She wanted to find out what he was going to say.
Sheik was brought back from his reverie at her voice. “It’s too hot for us to survive in our current state.” He moved his head to the side, shifting his eyes around to see if anything could help them. He stumbled upon a suspicious rock, and as Aislin went into a saddened state at their current affairs, he hustled over to the boulder. “Can you help me?”
Aislin was snapped out of it by his words, and a quick glance at Sheik , then the boulder he had a hand on, understood what he needed her help for. She nodded, and briskly jogged over, placing both her palms on it. “Ready.”
“Alright, one, two, three!” On three, both pushed as hard as they could, slowly rolling the boulder from its spot. Underneath, a portal could be seen, and after they completely moved the rock, Sheik exclaimed, “I knew something was odd about it.”
When they stepped in it, they were taken on a wild ride, ending up in Goron City atop a lone platform suspended by three ropes. Aislin almost lost her footing, but Sheik quickly grabbed her. They looked out over the side, wondering how to get down.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers