Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Archived
[IC] =Talencia and WolfieDuke'sTeepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:11 am
Ceylona was not pleased with this development. The human was rescuing her? This was not what she had had planned. Her dignity had been dinged. Giving a snort, she shook her mane and gave a small leap forward before nonchalantly trotting away, head held high and tail flagged as if nothing had happened and she merely was out for a stroll.

Talencia turned to watch the mare disappear into the forest with as much dignity as she could muster. She couldn't help it. After the mare was completely out of sight, she allowed herself to smile. Equine egos could be such a delicate thing, and she was learning just how independant and proud that mare was. Still, she was willing to bet that the tall red soquili would be back again. She seemed fascinated by her, while still being very much wild.

Tal shook her head as she turned to restack her woodpile. As much as she longed for a devoted soquili companion who never failed to want to be with her, she would not change any horse to be that way. Delphia was now smitten permenantly with Sora, and so spent most of her time with him. And that was okay with Tal. She was glad the pretty raccoon-marked mare had found such happiness. And that meant she also now had the foals to play with. Nor would she ever choose to "tame" the elegant red mare. Wildness was part of her essence, what made the soquili who she was. Tal would never willingly change that.

So she tucked her wistful wishes into the back of her heart and moved on with her chores. She was happy to now have two soquili in her life, and she refused to allow her daydreams to make her unhappy with that wonderful double blessing.

((I'll soon be putting in posts concerning Eloran. It'll take a while to catch up with what's been going on with him. Please don't post about him until after I've finished. Thanks!))  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:32 am
TO BE EDITED LATER
This is my favorite picture of my desired red boy.
::smiles and wraps her arms about his neck,
pressing her face into his warm red hide::
User Image

Here is a nice head shot of him. Isn't he fantastic?
::beams happily::
User Image

A kindly villager carved and painted him out of thanks
for a good deed he had done. He did a wonderful job.
User Image

And this is a picture of him when he was just a colt. Adorable!
User Image

Lastly is my red boy all grown up. He is one stunning stallion.
User Image

His Story

User Image

This is Tiordan, my red boy's father. This amazing stallion passed on his good looks and noble nature to his son. He taught him how to have heart, to do his best, and to never be afraid. It does help that Hanoverians have hooves the size of a human's head, but still... they have fears.

His father was wild, but ventured near the village long ago and fell in love with a beautiful young mare. He still didn't care for humans, but would steal in at night to spend time with the pretty mare. One night, beneath a shining cresent moon, he convinced her to come with him for a time, to see what the wild life was like. They roamed the plains, mountains, and even ventured into the desert for a short time. It was during these travels that my red boy was born. He learned to run the day he was born, and grew by leaps and bounds.

He learned how to fend off wolves with his hind hooves, and how to strike a snake faster than it could reach to bite him. From his mother, he learned about humans, how they loved and cared for her, and how she was coming to miss them. It wasn't long before she chose to return to the Kawani village and her beloved human. At his father's request, my red boy stayed with his father for atime, growing from weanling to yearling. He learned the wiles of a mustang and the wisdom of a survivor. But when he reached adulthood, he chose to part with his father and set out to find his mother.

He was greeted with admiration and welcome at the village. His nother was overjoyed to see him return to her. She took him about the village, letting him meet the Chief, Princess Soquili, Prince Tasunke, and the others who contributed to their quiet community. Still, among those how lived in the village, he did not find any one human he felt drawn to. So it was that he began to find work to do for any and all. He hauled firewood, leaning and straining in a harness to uproot a stump for the small crops they grew, teacahing the little ones to ride so high off the ground, and accepting food and shelter from those he helped.

Would he go on without finding a human to bond with? Only time could tell.

(Ah, a story to be continued!)

User Image

User Image

Meet Figeroa, my red boy's mother. This is the lovely sweet natured mare who lived among the Kawani village. Her human is one of the weavers of the tribe. The two of them are very happy together, but both are beginning to worry for the red boy. He is as yet nameless and without one human who loves and cares for him.

His mother knows her son is content for now to wander amongst the people and be useful to any and all. He delights in it, in fact. But she knows that in his heart of hearts, he longs for the relationship she shares with her human friend. When he thinks he is alone, sometimes she catches sight of him plodding along, head low, not quite looking dejected, but certainly appearing lonely.

He doesn't seem interested yet in finding a mate either. Somehow she knows that he wishes to settle with a human first, so he can properly provide for the mare and foals that he will one day have. For now, though, he drifts like a gypsy, from teepee to teepee, never truly at home. It worries his mother deeply, and she feels for his plight. Surely there must be some human able and worthy of loving his warm soul?

User Image

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:20 am
Eloran strolled towards the river that arced around soquili meadow. He had just finished a riding lesson for one of the young tribe members. The boy showed promise, but had a long way to go yet. For now, he enjoyed the swishing of the new grass against his hooves as he made his way lazily towards the rushing water.

Once there, he waded out into the edges of the current. It was running ice cold due to the winter snows melting. Spring was such a time of change. He raised his head from drinking and looked back over his shoulder at the village. His mother had told him to be patient, that he would find a human that touched his soul one day. Perhaps this spring, during this time of change, it might happen.

Until then, he was content to help out at the village as he could. Later he would go meet a woman and follow her to another part of the river, where she would load wet clay into pots. It was a very heavy load, and the woman was old. Thus he was more than pleased to help by offering his strong back to help carry the clay back to the village.

The spring wind ruffled his neat mane and tail, and he closed his eyes to better enjoy it's caress. Yes, perhaps this year would be different.

hanging gallow
Kanti took a stroll out of the village. Lilly had just finish taking her time brushing her down. She hated being brushed, to her it was a waste of time especially since she always looked a little messy. She shook her head the beads clashed together creating a beautiful little ring as she headed toward the small river.

The river was cool and sweet, and Kanti loved it. She loved to wade into the deeper parts of the river and let the cold refreshing water wash all over her. She couldn't help but play around a little in the water letting little splashes go everywhere. She was so busy amusing herself she didn't even noticed the stallion that was just a little ways down the river.

The bright red bay stallion turned, the chill water just over his fetlocks, to see a mare playing in the water upstream. He watched, amused, as she kicked around like a filly. The tall soquili then waded upstream and when he got close enough, lowered his muzzle into the water and tossed his head, sending a splash into the further splashes she was creating.

"Hello there, miss seahorse," he then whickered low, laughter dancing in his eyes. "You are a bit far upstream from your watery home. What brings you to this bit of water?" He smiled gently, to show his good humor.

-Polar-
Orchu had been laying underneath the enormous willow tree on the edge of the clearing with his daughter's basket nearby. The stallion had taken to bringing the white, black and lilac woven structure everywhere he went. It was his pride and joy; knowing that inside was his daughter waiting to emerge and they would see each other for the first time. Orchu snorted lightly and nudged the basket; in response came a high pitched whinny. The stallion chuckled lightly to himself and flipped his mane. The sun bore down upon the earth; the temperature throughout the day had been continuously rising and Orchu believed this day was definitely the hottest any day had been since he had emerged from his basket. He pondered what he and the basket should do and decided perhaps a refreshing dip in the river nearby would be pleasant. The stallion hadn't been to the river in ages; he was going to go with the mare Yei Umeko to take a bath in the river but their meeting was cut short. And just a few nights ago he was going to head to the river with the stallion Anubis although for some reason they hadn't... Orchu extended one of his wings towards the basket and nudged it up his wing upon his basket. He refolded his wing gently to his side and the basket remained securely between his two feathery limbs. He stood up slowly before taking off at a fast walk towards the river. A cool breeze swept over the land and felt incredible in the vast heat. The stallion's steel blue eyes scanned the river's bank as he approached and he caught sight of two soquili; one was unfamiliar but Orchu noticed the mare Kanti. Orchu grinned broadly and whinnied loudly so both soquili would know of his presence.

samus x
Dyami had been drinking at the river not too far from where three other soqili where. hearing a whinny from down the river not too far. he wondered who was around and so he made his way towards where he heared the whinny and saw Orchu all grown, Kanti and a unfemiliar soquili. he gave a whinny to show he was there and came over to them.

Eloran shook the last drops off his chin and turned to whinny back to the newcomers. Two very different looking stallions approached, and he tipped his ears forward in a friendly fashion. "Greetings, brothers." He lifted his large hooves and heaved himself back up onto the grassy bank. He shuddered his hide once, although his body hadn't really gotten wet.

"I am Eloran, a soquili of the village. Who might all of you be?" he inquired politely, swiveling his ears and looking from one to another. He swished his tail at a fly on his haunch, but ended up slapping his barrel with the wet tip of his tail. Amused, he snorted faintly and shook his head, his mane falling this way and that haphazardly. He turned his attention again to the other three soquili, breathing in their scents.

hanging gallow
Kanti didn't noticed the red bay stallion until he splashed her. She stopped and looked at him. She didn't realized that she was being watched and blushed imediatly at realization that he had seen her acting like a little filly.

When he spoke her she laughed. "I love playing in the water, and it was warm today, and the river looked so lonely, that it begged me to play in it" she said cheerfully playing along with his good humor

Then she heard another whinny and spotted Orchu as well as Dyami. She gave a whinny to greet both of them happily. She pranced out of the water following behind Eloran.

"It is nice to meet you Eloran, I'm Kanti" she said shaking her head letting the beads ring again.

-Polar-
Orchu watched the bay stallion wade out of the river followed by Kanti. Orchu bowed his head to the two soquili. "Hello Eloran. It is nice to meet you, my name is Orchu." He grinned warmly before turning his gaze upon Kanti and nodding his head. "Kanti; always a pleasure." Orchu attention was diverted to a third soquili as he whinnied to them. The stallion neighed a light greeting. "Hello there Dyami! Why it has been ages." He stated with a vibe of excitement. Orchu always enjoyed talking to his old friends as well as meeting new companions. The basket whinnied shrilly to remind Orchu that it was there. The stallion blinked before turning his head to peer at the basket. "Oh you silly darling." Orchu nudged the basket gently before turning back to the other soquili and rustling his wings.

samus x
Dyami grined." yes it has been a long time Orchu." he noticed the basket Orchu had and chuckled." it seems its been way long since i last saw you cause it seems your a father now." he turn to Kanti and cmilied." and Kanti its been a long while since i seen you as well." noticing the other staillion he nodded to him. " and who might you be?"

The tall stallion seemed to be the odd man out, since all the others knew each other. However, while this might make some other soquili uncomfortable, it didn't bother him one bit. Very easy-going, he whuffled quietly in response to greetings and introductions.

Although the little whinny interested him greatly, he turned his attention to the white stallion with red and green markings. "I am Eloran, an honor to meet you! It's a wonder I don't meet more of our kind, since I work in the village. But I do try to keep busy, so I don't often come out to visit and get to know others. I think it's time I changed that." His heart did twinge a bit. The reason he'd been hanging around the village so very much was in hopes of running across the human that was meant to be his. If he chose to spend more time away from the village, finding that one human could be that much harder. Still, his mother often reminded him that he needed friends of his own kind even more than he needed a human.

Introductions done, he stretched his neck to sniff at Orchu's basket. "Hello in there, little one," he nickered, huffing faintly so that his scent would reach the foal within. He then pulled back and smiled warmly at Orchu. "You must be very proud."

hanging gallow
Kanti was happy to see everyone that she knew there. Dyami as well as Orchu.

"It is great to see you again Orchu, as well as you Dyami" she said with a smile.

Her attention turned to the little basket. She peered at it closer and knickered to it.

samus x
Dyami chuckled and watched Orchu go and tended to his basket. turning back to the other too he smilied." so how how have you two been?"

Eloran nickered a farewell to Orchu and his foal before also turning to the other two. "I am well! I have been keeping busy helping the villagers out." His ears canted forward and he leaned a little more towards them as he asked a question that had been weighing on his mind.

"Do either of you have a human? Would you tell me about them if you do? And why not, if you don't?" He snatched a mouthful of grass then and chewed while he listened attentively to them. Maybe stories of their humans would help suggest a way for him to find his?

hanging gallow
Kanti watched Orchu go and nodded her head slightly.

She then turned her attention to Dyami. "I've been doing well, well sort of, I'm a little restless, or more over to say a little bored of this place" she said in a small huff. She was bored, or at least needed something to do to occupy her time here. She was avoiding the herd in fear of being pinned down by Alona's watchful eye, yet she avoided Lilly's constant walks. Yet, she didn't know what else to do.

She then turned her attention to Eloran's question. Human...she had a human, or at least one that took care of her. "I have one" she said with a nod. "Well actually she is Alona's human but she took me in as well, sort of adopted me, and Alona is my adopted mother" she said with a slight nod. "Lilly, isn't really a talker, more of a walker" Kanti said with a nod. " She goes out every night and takes walks, but in the day she sleeps quite a bit. She is a very odd two legger if you ask me" Kanti said with another nod.

samus x
Dyami smilied at Kanti and chuckled." your still young which is why you are and besides my daughter Tori is the same way." he gave a snort at the start of talkigna bout two leggers. not having ever liked them but he did have two. " i do have a human if you can realy say that but i prefure to not have one."

Eloran cocked his long head and considered Dyami. "Why do you not want one? Has your human mistreated you?" His ears pinned back at the very idea. He had seen an older boy once slap his mother for tripping over something he was doing. It wasn't a gentle rebuking slap either. The boy had snarled and leapt for the mare. When she paused and looked back to see what was wrong, the boy had slapped her muzzle hard with the flat of his hand, knocking her entire head to the side.

Eloran had been only half-grown at the time, but he had lunged forward, mouth open. He had bitten that boy on the shoulder and flung him on the ground for treating his mother that way. He stood over the boy, snorting angrily, until the riding master had come running up and slapped the boy himself. His mother then had shocked him by reaching to bite HIM! "By punishing him for his behavior, you became as bad as he. It was not your place to do so!" He had been cowed by his mother's stern fury, but he had never forgotten that rage at seeing his mother abused, even so lightly.

And now he was concerned that Dyami's human was harming him as well. But what could he do about it? His mind wandered over options in frustration and he snorted, one hoof pawing the soft turf underhoof. "I do not abide by humans who do such things." He concluded in a deep, unusually dark voice for a normally gentle and sunny stallion.

hanging gallow
Kanti shook her head a little letting the beads ring a little. She had not heard this sort of voice before on Eloran. She wondered what had caused it. She had never been mistreated as a soquili before, Lilly was always good to. And she never really entered the village unless Lilly or Alona took her there. Where humans that mean?

samus x
Dyami snorted." my bonded never could hurt me and if he did i would have never stayed." he shook his head in anoyance." i mearly dont like humans that much and do not trust them in anyway." he was too proud to ever adment that he actualy liked his human bonded but he still did not like humans and rarely saw his bonded anyways.

Eloran snorted and his ears eased back forward. "I'm sorry to hear you aren't fond of them. They as a group have treated me very well." He arched his neck a bit and shook his head, again tossing his mane hither and yon.

"It was a pleasure to meet you both, and I hope we will meet again soon." He nodded his head amiably and gave a playful wink to Kanti before turning and trotting back through the meadow towards the village and his duties. The old potter lady would be looking for him soon.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:59 am
Talencia
Tal was mightily amused at the colt's antics and chuckled as he talked to her. "Yes indeed, I do agree! I am ready to eat as well." She patted her stomach and ruffled his adorable short little mane. It wasn't long before the forest parted and the path to the village was a clear stretch. It was a merry sight as the sun lowered itself wearily to the horizon.

The red sunset light touched the many teepees, tinging them red, orange, and gold. There were many people and animals bustling about. Fires were being lit for the supper hour, and children were being washed and brushed. Animals were being given feed and bedded down. Tal released the colt and gave him a light slap on his haunches. "Go find something to eat, brave one, and then come back to me! I'd love your company tonight!"

The truth was, she was feeling a little lonely. Delphia spent so much time with Sora now, she hardly ever saw her. And though she'd been visited by that stunning red mare a few times, it just wasn't the same. She missed the companionship of a horse. So it was nice that Dyre wanted to spend time with her. She appreciated the comfort of his warm little body happily trotting next to her.

For now, while he went to eat, she settled at the fire of a nearby teepee and greeted the family warmly.

Allure
The tranquility of the village was accentuated by the setting sun. Illuminating rays cascaded downwards, and Dyre caught notice of these streams glistening from the skies, then touch gently upon the earth. It felt as though he hadn't been to the village in forever - he felt so much older now for some reason. Perhaps going away from this area when he was younger really did teach him something about the world outside the village. Meeting Maize changed his view of things - but he still felt like the same old Dyre inside.

Soon his daydreams would be cut short by the encouraging slap upon his rear - he whinnied happily and reared upwards, kicking his front hooves into the air in an almost heroic manner. He did not want to leave Tal's side, he could sense there was something within her that was not right - but he didn't want to make her unhappy by going against her wishes. I will return to her later. He promised to himself.

Giving a few overexaggerated nods of his head, he clicked his teeth together, then went off in a speedy walk towards the inner portions of the village. Dyre licked his tongue out along the sides of his mouth, in rememberance of the delectable treats that were often given to him by the village inhabitance. Everyone was so eager to serve and to please, why did he ever leave here in the first place?

He was greeted by a young village girl, who held several carrots within her small grasp. The orange stalks were so large that they seemed to almost overwhelm her entire arm. He beamed in a happy manner towards her, lowering her head slowly so that she would not be scared. Of course, he knew that everyone here was so used to the wildlife, that something like that wouldn't happen. Soon, the crisp and sweet taste would seemingly explode within his mouth. His tongue met the delicious flavors with open arms, and he began his feast.

Talencia
Eloran was tired. He had spent the last half of the day hauling heavy pots of clay. He had just come from dropping off the last load. The poor old woman was just as tired as he, after having spent the evening scooping it into the pots over and over again. She seemed happy though, so he was content.

He was spattered all over with mud, and his hooves were caked in it. He longed for a bath and a brush down, but his stomach growling overcame that wish and he headed for the middle of town, looking for something to eat.

He spotted a young soquili, bending to accept a carrot from a young girl that Eloran recalled was rather shy but very gentle. He plodded closer, also lowering his head. He whickered softly in greeting to the girl, and swiveled his ears to the young colt. "May I join you for a bite?" he asked the young one, as if he were all grown and merited just as much respect as another stallion could give. He gently nuzzled the young girl on the cheek, blowing warm breath across her face, and smiled as she giggled and offered him a carrot as well.

Allure
Bits of chewed carrot would have fallen out of Dyre's mouth if it weren't for the fact that he was extremely hungry by now. The amount awe that was joined with the presense of this amazing stallion was great. He could feel the presense of the auburn colored male much before he gracefully made his way to stand next to him. Those innocently colored beryl green eyes stared at his brilliant form. They eyed the muscles that were bulging from beneath his tightly strewn pelt. He could already tell that this one was strong, he must have been used for laborous work around the area - but not in a slave-like manner, he was very well respected. This was the type of stranger that Dyre felt he could learn a lot from.

A gentle smile was returned towards the stallion, as those tiny bite sized pieces of carrot could be seen stuck between his small teeth. He wasn't nervous, of course not! Dyre was a courageous boy. He just knew power, strength and honor when he saw it. Just as the little girl was offering more carrots, Dyre nodded his head slowly, and took a swift step backwards so that the stranger could still get more. He licked his tongue along the inner portions of his mouth, getting every bit that he could.

"Yes!" He seemed to shout eagerly, with a kick of his hooves against the dusty ground. "I'd be delighted!" He said encouragingly, nodding again towards the girl. "I'm Dyre."

The little foal was used to introducing himself by now, it just seemed like the thing to do. When you speak to someone, you should know their name. That's how he always thought.

Talencia
Eloran smiled at the eager young colt. He gracefully accepted a carrot from the girl and crunched it down quickly. "Thank you, you are very kind. I am Eloran. I'm glad to meet you." He spoke solemnly, but his eyes danced with good humor. This lil guy was all energy and exuberance, and it amused him. He accepted another carrot from the girl, who patted them both and then skipped away, as that had been her last carrot. He neighed his thanks to her retreating form before turning back to the colt.

"Are you still hungry?" he asked, nibbling companionably on the colt's mane. "I know a kind man just down the way who usually has some oats on hand for just such hungry stallions as you and I." He cocked his head and smiled down at the youngster. "Would you like to go see?"

Amiably he began to saunter along, weaving through the villagers as they went about their evening chores. Several of them reached to pat his shoulder or stroke his mane as they passed, since he was well known for helping anyone who needed his assistance. He graciously would bob his head at them, or nuzzle a shoulder. He sincerely loved these people, and considered them his own. One would never be able to tell by looking at him that he felt a hollow place for someone special to love.

Allure
"Just as glad to meet you, Eloran!" Dyre happily knocked his hooves against the ground to further accentuate his eagerness. A faint cloud of dust arose itself from the area of impact, and then dispersed, settling uneasily upon the ground again. He certianly was full of energy, especially when he could sense another courageous spirit like himself. The sound and thought of oats caused his stomach to give off a low growl, the rumble rippled throughout his body, and he felt the need to shake his tail to rid himself of it. That familiar grin found itself onto his face once again, and he lowered his head with a nod, awaiting for Eloran to lead the way.

"That sounds perfect." He agreed, and made his pace behind the large stallion. The love and the compassion of the people arose in an atonishingly thick essence. It could be felt from everywhere within the village. He was a well respected stallion, and Dyre could not help but feel honored to be by his side. The foal's head was lifted high, higher, and higher. The whisps of his mane bounced just above his eyes as he walked, another proud jump was added to each step. "You seem to know everyone here." Dyre smiled, "You must teach me your secrets!" A laugh was given - though he was very serious.

Talencia
The red bay stallion bent his neck back towards the now prancing colt. He chuckled deep in his throat and nuzzled the eager head. "There is no secret, except to love." He stopped, for they had come to the teepee of the old man who loved to share oats with the village horses. The flap was closed, however, so Eloran pawed smartly at the door flap, creating a sound not unlike the rapping a human would do to request entry.

Almost immediately the flap flew open and a wizened face poked out. "Ah, so you've come for some dinner, have you?" The man peered beneath Eloran's tall body and chuckled at the spindly legs he saw beyond. "And you've brought a friend! Welcome, young one!" He secured the flap back and raised one wrinkled hand. "A moment, if you please. I shall return with my meal gift."

While the elderly human rummaged about inside again, Eloran turned to the colt and spoke solemnly, hoping to teach the young one an important part of life among humans. "How I gained their love is by loving them. Love isn't just a feeling, Dyre, it's an action. You do what's best for those you love. For me, this means working hard alongside all those who live here, and offering my help without asking for anything in return." He cocked one hind hoof comfortably, supressing the urge to twitch his hide. The dried mud was beginning to itch.

"You see, since I have given to them freely, they also give to me freely in return. If this man was unable to provide the oats tonight, I would have taken you elsewhere, where another family had plenty and was willing to share. But I would still willingly help him haul his firewood back here. I do not help them because they feed me. I help them because I wish to be helpful." He was beginning to feel awkward giving such advice, and was glad for the old man returning, a shallow bowl of oats in each hand.

"There you are, hooved brothers. Eat up and be strong. I will see you when next we meet." With that philisophical wisdom, he unhooked the doorflap and stepped back inside, closing it upon the rays of the setting sun, which now shone brightly. The sun itself sat upon the mountains, easing it's way gratefully down behind them. Eager now to be done with his meal and find someone to help him with his matted coat, Eloran made quick work of his oats.

Allure
The irresistable urge to plunge his head fully into the bowl and savagely devour all of the oats within was almost alamingly difficult to withstand. All of the enlightenment that was pouring within his mind made him want to present himself in a more kindly manner. He continued to stay rather silent as the man set his generous offerings upon the ground, all Dyre did in response was bow his head in the most honorable of manners. Everything seemed to be somewhat of a dance to him; the way that Eloran interacted with the villagers was so graceful and eloquent that he wanted to be the same way. He felt his tongue writhe within his mouth, and he bit the tip of it to keep it from seeping through his maw, in a vain attempt to reach the oats. A thankful smile was given to the old man until he seemed to vanish within the flaps of his residence, then the smile was shown to Eloran before he himself dug into the meal. As soon as that cue was apparent, Dyre jumped towards the bowl - but tried to eat in the cleanest way possible. He didn't want to dare break the bowl either, he could just imagine how the old man or anyone else might react.

After he was finished, he lowered his head towards the dusty earth. A hoof was lifted from the ground, and he rubbed the lower portion of his leg against his maw, ridding it of whatever oats could possibly be sticking there. "Thank you, Eloran." He stated softly, bringing his eyelevel back up so he could view the stallion again. "Your words are so wise, just like the old man. I'm glad I could be here with you this evening.. You make me think of my father and mother. I miss them .." He then turned his view towards the sunset, pondering where they could be, and where Tal had run off to.

Talencia
Eloran was really starting to itch now. He turned to gnaw at an itchy patch just behind his elbow. "Ugh... I need a bath." He paused to regard Dyre and his relatively clean coat. "Though it doesn't appear that you share that need. Still, would a good brushing feel good? Let's see if we can find someone to help us out, hmm?"

He turned and walked with the last of the sun's rays warming their backs. They were heading for the portion of the village near the river. Larger families tended to live closer to the river for easier access for the amount they needed. Eloran swung his head back and forth, looking for someone with a free hand.

Meanwhile Tal had finished her dinner alone and was beginning to wonder where Dyre had gotten to. She rose from her seat at the fire of one of the larger families, who always had extra to eat. The sun was now beaming brightly over the last of the mountains, and right into her eyes. She shaded them with one hand and tried not to step on anyone as she made her slow way deeper into the village. Where WAS that colt?

Allure
A small fly could faintly be heard, buzzing throughout the air. It seemed to be enjoying the smells of the abundance of food that was laying about the village during this time; feeding time. It was following Dyre for quite some time now, chasing after the bits and pieces which may have fallen out from his mouth - just to taste them. Now that it was no longer very interested in food, it decided it should take a little rest on Dyre. With a zip from left to right, it bent it's wings, gliding downwards to find the perfect location - the horse's head! Flying through those perked obsidian colored ears, the fly made it's landing.

Bzzz. Dyre's ears bent inwards, almost so much that they faced one another. His head quickly crooked to the side, in a vain attempt to rid his head of whatever had landed upon it. Those mindnumbing vibrations continued, and he shook his head from left to right - making quite the momentary scene. As soon as he got that fly to remove itself, he sighed and moved closer to Eloran, with a rather embarassed look upon his face. "I think that's a good idea.." He smirked, and flickered his tail - hoping that no other flies would have a similar idea to land again.

Talencia
The bay stallion paused to watch the colt's antics, giving a horsey chuckle of amusement. With Dyre's gyrations over with, Eloran nipped at him playfully. "C'mon, let's find someone... anyone!... to get this mud off me!" His voice rose to an urget squeal of irritation as he began to itch in places he just couldn't reach. He had his own moment of swinging his head to and fro, trying in vain to reach a spot on his haunches that itched.

With another squeal of discomfort, he started forward again, eyes scanning the passing crowds for anyone who saw his plight and might help him out. But most of those he saw were busy or apparently not interested. If he could have, he would have been whining just faintly, like a wolf in need. Wasn't anyone free to help him?

Tal wove through the busy village walkway, hand shading her eyes still, looking for the grey colt. Suddenly, just ahead, a red form loomed, lit from behind by the sun's rays. His black mane soaked in the light, but what she could see of his red coat gleamed in the warm sunshine. She stopped and gazed at him in awe for a moment. Now there was a handsome stallion! He swerved around a small child, just then, and she caught sight of the rest of his coat. Oh, what a sad state it was in! He clearly had been working hard that day, for it showed in the mud spattered all over his lovely bright coat.

And who should be trotting beside this big soquili but... "Dyre!" Tal called. "Where have you been, little brother? I thought perhaps you had forgotten me!" She hurried to the colt and stroked his neck and scratched behind his ears for a moment. "What have you been up to? And who is your friend?" For the tall stallion had stopped as well, as if the two of them were walking together.

Allure
Those brilliantly hued green eyes narrowed as he attempted to forget his embarassing predicament that he was just in. He wanted to help his new friend acquire some sort of help, since he seemed to be in such an uncomfortable state with all of that mud drying up, and stiffening upon his pelt! He lifted his head up as far as he could, attempting to look above the crowds which seemed to gather along the sides of the pathway. Any familiar face would have been wonderful for him, but he could not seem to locate anyone! He continued to stand tall, forcing himself to press his hooves into the dusty ground to make him just a few centimeters taller than before. Just when he felt his heart beginning to sink, and when the thoughts of giving up were looming close .. there she was! Tal was right there, as if summoned from the heavens for Eloran and himself. He whinnied happily in delight, letting his short cut mane bounce from side to side as he reared himself up with amusement. He nodded eagerly towards the sweet girl, smiling at Eloran.

"This is Tal!" He said with the up most pride, swishing his tail within the air. "She is wonderful - I know she would love to help you!" He emitted another happy whinny, and clacked his tongue against his teeth, attempting to communicate with Tal about who the dark stranger was. Either way, he knew she would understand that Eloran was a friend.

Talencia
Talencia laughed at the colt's antics. She turned her eyes to the red bay stallion and smiled warmly. "Well, I see you have made a friend of my young grandcolt!" She laughed at her own analogy of Dyre being related to herself thus. She ran a hand up and down the grey's mane affectionately. "Spunky little guy, isn't he?"

Eloran was relieved to find out this young woman was someone Dyre knew. He had no compunctions about letting her know what he wanted. He sidled up next to her and leaned a mud-caked shoulder towards her, making a low, chirrupy noises in his throat.

Tal raceted as any horse-lover would to the soquili leaning into her that way. She automatically reached to scratch his shoulder. When her fingers met hair caked and stiff with mud, she exclaimed softly, "Oh, so that's the problem, is it?" She bent to run a hand down his leg to find it also thick with dried mud. Suspiciously, she turned again to Dyre and ran one hand down his back, then the other down his leg. When they merely came up dusty, she chuckled.

"Well at least only one of you is that dirty. C'mon, it's growing dark and will be too chilly soon for a bath. Hurry now!" She gave them each a slap on the shoulder and took off running for the river's edge. Streams of people were heading back into the village to settle down for the night, but she was sure the horses could look out for themselves. She trusted they wouldn't run anyone over.

Pleased that his tactic had worked, Eloran had grunted with pleasure at being scratched, and actually gave her an indignant look when she stopped. She had missed it, though, since she was busy looking Dyre over for similar dirtiness. At the slap on his shoulder he snorted once, tossing his head, then trotted after her, his long legs keeping up with her dash easily.

Allure
Dyre nickered in a gleeful manner, he was so excited to have Tal here .. and for Eloran's wish to come true! He jumped up, lifting his head with the encouraging slap, and soon moved quickly after his two friends. Those dark hooves clunked heavily upon the soil, which was now starting to cool after the hot daylight began to ease away from it. The last illuminating rays of day were beginning to peek sheepishly through the leaves of the trees and the tops of the teepees, and he smiled thinking of the return of nightfall. He always enjoyed running about at night, even though he was not really supposed to. The fact that his dark coat blended in so nicely with the shadows made him a tough partner in games of hide and seek, and whatever else he could think of for a game. Trailing very close after Eloran, he let his eyes close, and he imagined running across the waters edge. He thought about what it would be like to fly, and to be able to actually be atop the water - while not falling through! Soon enough, they would reach the river. Those comforting sounds of water rushing against the shores tickled at his ears, signaling for him to open his eyes once again. He snorted with another smile, letting his hooves tap against a large rock, letting his presence be known - even though he was the last to arrive!

Talencia
Tal worked very hard, scrubbing the stallion's coat. He had surely soaked it heavily in mud almost as red as himself. "What have you been doing, big brother? This looks like the river clay I use for my posts!" She and he were both standing in a deeper section of river, so his legs would come clean easier, and so water could reach his chest, belly, and other parts without much effort. She was almost done, and then she would take him out and sluice as much of the water out of his coat with a straight-edged rock as she could.

Eloran stood in the icy water, eyes closed, letting the woman's sensitive hands seek out and scrub clean the itchy patches in his pelt. It felt so good to get clean and mud-free! He didn't mind a little dirty work, but mud-gathering day with the elderly woman was always a challenge. When the woman stopped scrubbing, he lazily opened one eye to peer at her. She stood back with a tired sigh and looked him over a last time.

Empathetic to her feelings of weariness, he turned whith a soft whicker to nudge her with his dry nose. She laughed at him and reached to touch under his jaw. She gave a single, light tug and turned away from him, heading back to shore. Willingly docile, he followed obediently.

Tal chose a rock quickly and scraped the water out of the red coat. It glowed with almost it's own light in the very last hints of light from the sun that had already set behind the mountains.

"C'mon you two, let's finish this up at my teepee, hmm?" She called the colt to them. "I promise I'll brush you down there too, little brother." With that she set off into the forest with a weary trudge.

Allure
Dyre moved his way towards the waters edge. He seemed so comfortable with the refreshing liquid, especially when he was playing and frolicking around within it. Yes, he did learn quickly that the rocks were especially slippery within the river - but that just increased the fun! Faint glimmers of the fading sunlight shone brightly in tiny spots and speckles, and Dyre chased after them with two or three steps. He clicked his teeth happily, just enjoying the pure essence of play. The foal continued to splash in a joyous manner, letting the droplettes of water fly within the air, and soak into his pelt. He shook his head from left to right quickly. Tiny spheres accumulated at his chin, and dripped in a lazy manner downwards to the cool earth floor. He enjoyed the momentary attention from Tal, and hurried soon again after them back towards the village. The cool air gave him a chilling tingle over his body, but he didn't mind. He was just happy to be with his friends!

Talencia
At her teepee, Tal rubbed both horses down with warm blankets. She made sure to run a soft brush over Dyre, cleaning the last of his dust from his upper neck, and to be sure his coat gleamed. She then scratched his poll and gave him a hug. "Thank you for keeping me company, little one. Now you scurry on home." She gave his shoulder a commanding slap and nudged him in the direction he should go.

She then turned and smiled at the red bay. "And you... do you have a home to go to?" She walked to him and began to brush him lovingly with the soft brush. In the lowering darkness, his coat gleamed just faintly, a deep red in the darkness, flickering occasionally to a warm red glow in the dancing flames of her fire. "You are most welcome here, big brother. I would be happy for you to stay with me."

Eloran was enchanted. To be so taken care of, to feel the clear expressions of love from this unlikely looking human. Her pale skin was easily lit by the fire, reflecting more light than the darker skin of the villagers. As she talked and brushed him, he turned and nuzzled her shoulder. Somehow he wasn't surprised when she stopped and cupped a hand under his chin and leaned her cheek against his soft muzzle. His heart fairly melted. This human... she needed him.

He nickered softly and nudged her gently. He would stay. He would stay with her as long as she wanted him. He walked slowly, his large hooves thudding quietly against the softening spring earth, to stand near the doorflap. He stopped and looked back at her in question. Would she accept him into her life?

Talencia treasured the close contact with the gentle stallion, touching her face to his muzzle and feeling his warm breath. Her heart squeeze in regret as he pulled away and turned from her. But she was wrong... he was not walking away, but to her teepee. His clear inquiry of welcome made her let go a cry of gladness and something akin of pain. Of course he was welcome, none could be moreso!

Delightedly she bounded over and opened the doorflap. "Please, gentle giant.... enter my home... and my life. You will always be welcome, lovely friend." She smiled fit to kill as he obligingly entered, lowering his head to fit into the opening. With a contented sigh, she followed after him, and the doorflap slapped, closing in the warm happiness.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:36 pm
Talencia spent much time with Eloran. He doted upon her constantly. She was nearly beside herself with joy when he offered to let her ride one day. It was a sunny spring day, and she was taking a long walk across the soquili meadow and the river to the forest beyond to gather some tasty herbs for flavoring her meals. He had set out with her companionably, but after a time, he stopped her with his body in front of her.

She had stopped and looked up in surprise. Her mind had been on other, distant things. He had whickered low to her, sidling up and presenting his side to her. When she hesitated, he tossed his nose towards his back and whickered again. Tentatively, she approached him and reached to grasp a handful of mane. His back was up very high, just above her eye-level. She glanced at him uncertainly, but he stood firm and waited.

Taking a deep breath, she swung up scrambling ungracefully with hands and legs until finally she managed to sit upright. Her legs held tight to his warm sides, and she loosened her grip on his mane. She took a deep breath, then flung herself forward, wrapping her arms about his neck. She pressed her cheek to his slightly fuzzy neck, closing her eyes to enjoy the warmth of his great body. It was wonderful to ride, finally.

After a few luxurious moments of embracing him, she sat up and grabbed one handful of mane again. "Alright Eloran, let's GO!" With the last word, she leaned forward. Right on cue, he leapt forward, his powerful legs launching them forward in a great bound. It took her breath away. He was halfway across the meadow before she could breathe again. She leaned forward further and let her body melt into the stallion's movement as he ran. As they approached the river, she felt him gathering himself. Her eyes lit up as she realized what he meant to do.

With a powerful heave, he leapt as he was born to do. He soared through the air as if he had been granted wings, as some of the soquili had been. His forelegs tucked neatly beneath him, and she whooped with glee for the feeling of weightlessness at the peak of his jump. Then he reached for the opposite bank, and it met them welcomingly. His hooves thudded back to earth and they plunged on.

The rest of the day was more of the same... walking, trotting, and occasionally wild, fierce gallops for the sheer joy of being together. It was a very memorable day, one Tal vowed never to forget.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:36 pm
It was time. The winter snows had melted, even from the feet of the mountains closeby. A stirring awoke in her, a nudging, an urging... for action. For change. It was time, she knew now.

She gathered her things. They really didn't amount to much. She had very little clothing, and only a few trinkets from her old life that she still held dear. The rest she cleaned and set in order within the teepee. She swept it out and made everything within tidy. She tucked all signs of life away. Until she belonged fully, this no longer would be her home. She had to find herself first.

She had been dwelling on it for some time, but Eloran's coming somehow clinched it. She needed to finally leave the rest of her life behind and move forward into this new life she had chosen int he Kawani village. But something needed doing before that could be fully accomplished. She wasn't sure what, yet. But it meant a journey. She didn't know where yet either.

So it was, after packing together a set of bags of food to drape across her grey mare's shoulders, she called the horses to her. The hawk came as well, of course. They gathered around. The red mare was clearly uneasy, wondering what she was doing there. The grey was curious, ears pricked attentively. And the beautiful bay stallion stood by stolidly, listening but relaxed. She paused for a flicker of amusement. He seemed to feel content no matter what they were doing... so long as they were toghether.

A flutter of wings made her look up as the hawk changed trees to get closer to the gathering without seeming to really care one way or the other what happened. Hiding a smile at his vanities, she again turned to the three horses.

"It is time for me to travel an unknown path, my dear friends." She smiled gently at each of them. "You do not have to come with me, but I would welcome your company. It would smooth my path and cheer my spirit to have you travel at my side." She somehow had always known that these wonderful creatures understood more than animals were often given credit for. So she left it at that and waited for their responses.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:52 am
Delphia's heart nearly broke, hearing the hidden loneliness in her friend's voice. She moved forward to nuzzle the quiet woman. She had been spending much time away with Sora, and was beginning to regret that. She tossed her head, making her braid beads click, and neighed to Jaden. "Would you please go tell Sora that I must go with Talencia for a time, but that I'll be back when I can? And then Jaden... will you come with us?" She gazed hopefully at her winged friend.

The hawk ruffled his feathers in irriration at being noticed being so close to the small group, but he knew he couldn't fool Delphia anyway. He huffed and fluffed his feathers a moment more before letting them smooth. He resettled his wings and bobbed his head at her. "Aye, I'll tell the male, since you asked so pretty." He flared his wings to go, dropping off the branch to swoop in and land on Delphia's back. He nibbled on her mane, loosing one braid with his impudent affection. "And of course I'm coming! Who else could get you lot out of trouble?" He cawed a laugh and launched off her back, laboring higher into the sky to go search for the pale stallion.

Eloran let the grey mare show the woman her answer first, then glanced at the red mare. She was hanging back a bit, clearly uncertain and mildly nervous. He snorted a sort of reassurance to her and stepped forward. He pivoted so that he was standing next to Talencia, then he leaned his warm, muscled shoulder into her. When she laughed and leaned back against him, he turned his head and curled his neck around her, hooking his large chin behind her waist. She scratched his neck along in all the right spots, and he grunted with pleasure.

"I will go where you go, my friend, my dearest of companions," he rumbled deep in his chest to her. He pulled back and huffed into her face before nibbling on her hair with his lips and snorting wetly. The humans always loved that, despite their protests otherwise. He would not leave her side, no matter the trial, no matter what madness may come. She loved him for him, and he would not let that ever leave his mind.

Ceylona meanwhile watched all this with trepidation. She didn't mind the idea of travel, but why did she want them to come? One eye rolled warily at the pile of packs that sat ready. She certainly was NOT going to carry anything! She stomped one hoof, making the bangles on her foreleg tinkle faintly. She had allowed these o be put on as a gesture of being special to Talencia... not belonging to her, though. Never. These thin circlets of metal could never hold her to anything, they would snap too easily. That was why she hadn't minded. Plus, she found them rather striking against her red hide. She stomped again, just to hear them jangle softly.

She raised her eyes to Talencia, and took in again the other's responses. Well.... it wouldn't hurt to travel with them, would it? Perhaps... just maybe... Talencia only wanted the company. She took a step forward.... and then sidestepped, away from the pile of packs. She pranced sideways and positioned herself next to Eloran and then peered around his broad chest at the human. Yes, she would come, if only out of curiousity. Would they be playing a role in this, or just tag along? Her curiousity wanted to know, and she let it help her choose this path of Talencia's. Time would be the only solution.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:58 pm
Days later, they had established a routine. Delphia willingly bore the packs. Eloran consented to carry her with his typical grace and warmth. Ceylona however frisked about like a filly, acting very unusual, at least in Tal's eyes. SHe had never seen this mare play or been anything but cautious and serious. It made her smile to see the mare to happy. Still, the very trip itself weighed heavy on her heart. She still didn't belong, and she felt instinctively this was her last chance to find her place among the tribe.

Ceylona was feeling good. They were back out in the open. There were no humans in sight but the one she had chosen to travel with. They had even yet to see another soquili, though she knew they must be about. She pranced, stepping high, and tossed her long mane about in the playful wind. Yes, it felt good to be roaming again! Tail flagged, she darting ahead of the group and galloped headlong down the faint trail they were following.

Eloran, however, kept his ears pricked and his nostrils flared. He was watching and listening and scenting for something. More precisely, for someONE. He may have been young, but he recalled running wild with his father through the hills and plains. His father might still be out here, running free. Would he recognize his son? He gave a noisy snort at another thought that crossed his mind. What would his father think of seeing his son with a human on his back?

He flickered his ears backwards, towards the woman sitting lightly on his back, humming softly to herself and rocking gently with his movement. He had always willingly but almost automatically obeyed humans... until he had met this one. Now he willingly and whole-heartedly obeyed her, to the exclusion of all others, in fact. With a twinge of guilt, he realized the riding master in the village must be sorely missing him. But as he walked on, he knew he was doing the right thing. This human needed him more. She was lonely, somehow. And seeking something on this trek they had begun. Concience resolved, he turned his mind again to his father. He would just have to accept that loving this human creature was part of who he was. Eloran was not ashamed, and felt no stirrings that he should be.

Delphia followed behind Eloran, trying very hard not to appear to long after what she had left behind. She was kind-hearted, and wanted to be there for Talencia... but she couldn't help missing her family. Her boys were grown and doing things, and she was missing it. And oh, how she sorely missed Sora's comforting presence. Delphia may have worked hard over the winter, but she was not used to all this traveling. Her legs were sore and her back hurt from being in constant motion.

She did not speak of it to the other two, however. She also was amused by Ceylona's foal-like energy and exuberance, and did not wish to mar it. And Eloran... well, if she was honest with herself, she was a bit jealous of the immediate and close bond he shared with the woman. She and Tal had tried very hard to bond like that, but it had never quite happened. There was always an element of seperation and distance between then, though it ached to admit it. So she suffered silently, determined not to abandon Talencia when she so clearly needed them all there, supporting her. She would see this through, she vowed to herself.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Takakun

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 8:47 am

Sora pranced excitedly, tail flicking as he cast his green eyes side to side, trying to catch sight of his beloved Delphia. In his mouth he bore something small and feathery. He was to meet her, after a long absence, and in his heart he felt the familiar fluttering. There! He spotted her familiar grey coat and trotted out to meet her. With the object in his mouth, he couldn't neigh, so he just nuzzled her and dropped the item on the ground, grinning proudly. The mother of his children deserves something special.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 3:16 pm
Helaku trotted along behind his father, since he'd been unsure where to find Delphia. Without a twolegger to make things for him, he'd had to search hard for something that his equine muzzle could carry. The rose he'd chosen had pricked his lips and muzzle, and drawn some blood, but the silver and grey stallion had accepted the pain with grace. His mother deserved something lovely, something that hadn't been easy to get. Drawing up alongside his father, he laid his gift next to his sire's.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 8:34 am
((The last two posts and this one happen before their departure from the village.))

Delphia looked up in surprise as she caught a scent on the wind. Her ears pricked and her nostrils flared with excitement. Sora was coming! When he came trotting into sight, she whinnied a bugle of welcome and galloped to his side. Nuzzling under his chin, she saw he was carrying something. When he dropped it, she snuffled of it interestedly. It smelled of him and had feathers on it that reminded her of Jaden.

"Why thank, dearest!" she exclaimed. She gently picked it up an turned, bending her neck to the extreme so she could snag it against her braids near her shoulders. She sraightened and nibbled along her mate's crest. Perhaps before long they'd consider more foals!

Just then she saw Helaku coming as well! Delighted, she neighed her love to him. When he dropped his gift at her feet, she saw flcks of blood on his lips and nickered concern. "Oh son, what have you done?" She nuzzled him worriedly. "You shouldn't have hurt yourself to gain a gift for me. Just your love is enough to gladden my heart!" She delicately picked up the beautiful purple rose and bent herself nearly in half. Carefully, she nestled it in the hair of her tail.

"There! Now I am festooned with the love of those closest to me." She leaned into Sora and whuffled at her grown colt. She was happiest with them, and settled in to enjoy their company on this special day.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:23 pm
Thus they wound their way through the woods. When night fell, the horses would stand in a circle about the sleeping woman. They traveled for days, up and down hill sthat began rolling, and into thicker and deeper woods. Talencia guided them only by the tug she felt in her heart, indicating the direction she should go on this mysterious quest.

What she did not know was that they were being drawn to a very ancient being, who was nestled high up in the mountains. A great and wise tree, with the spirit of knowledge and wisdom tempered by time and trials. It was this gentle being that drew the troubled woman to her. She knew that the pale-skinned woman felt out of place among her darker skinned tribe. Only time would tell, but this wise spirit hoped this quest would help her to realize she arleady belonged, and that she need only accept this and allow herself to be welcomed into the village.

But unbeknownst to either of them, another also was drawn. Another waited unknowingly for Talencia and her soquili to come. For the future held more changes ahead than any knew.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:50 pm
A cool breeze blew through the sandy stones ledges high up in the mountains. What little vegetation that clung to the rocks waivered in the breeze, bringing along a smooth, sweet scent. Tucked inside those ledges was also a small, muscular woman with blue-silver hair blowing around her shoulders.

This woman was Wolfie Duke, "the lady of the ledges," as the animals knew her as. She sat with her knees pulled up to her chin, staring out over the lands. She watched the villiage below, smoke drifting up from fires well-tended, an occasional whinny echoing up the cliffs. The birds chirped overhead and she turned her attention momentarily upward. The sun cascaded over her smooth face and she closed her eyes to let the rays warm her.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:43 pm
Jaden was ranging ahead, stretching his huge black wings. Delphia's company was perfect in his opinion, but having so many others there constantly got to him a bit. So he resolved the issue by scounting the surrounding land. He didn't seriously expect to find any danger. Rather, he was a curious bird, and liked to explore and discover things he'd never seen before.

Today, he saw just such a thing. As he soared he caught a rising warm thermal and began to circle up on it. It swept up off of warm rock-face, and he relished in the feeling of warm wind under him and warm sun above him. Before he'd gotten very high, though, he peered downwards and saw an unexpected sight.

A sun-browned woman with startling blue hair had her face tipped up towards him, eyes closed, as if she too were drinking in the sun's touch and the wind's caress. She sat at the mouth of a cave which he surmised was her home. Why would she be out here, all by herself? In the back of his mind, he realized it reminded him of Talencia, living out on her own, away from all the others. He never had quite understood it Although he himself was not a social animal, he knew humans and horses both usually were.

He slid out of the rising thermal and swooped down for a closer look. With a flurry of feathers, he landed on a rock nearby her. He flipped his wings into place behind his back and cocked his head at her. Both eyes considered her brightly, while the sun gleamed on his blue-black plumage and brought out the green of his necklace against the dark background of his chest. "What are you doing here?" he cawed boldly, knowing even so that she couldn't understand him.

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Wolfie Duke

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:45 pm
Wolfie heard the birds shift about her and opened her eyes into the direct sunlight and blinked. She was startled at how bright white it was this afternoon. With a slight sigh she wished that the rains would come and replenish the mountains.

Although she enjoyed the warming sun, she was thankful for the small storms which deposited rain in cups within the rocks. When morning came this water would be cool and wonderful to drink. It was much simpler than climbing across the mountain to find a trickling stream. Wolfie wouldnt not have to leave her tiny alcove vulnerable to the mountain rams in which she could not reclaim once they had decided it was theirs.

She swallowed hard, remembering the skin pouch she had left in the remaining shade of a wirey sapling. Returning her eyes to the rocks she blinked away the blindness only to see in its wake a black bird, squawking quietly at her.

"Hello little one," She called to it quietly. "Do you wish for a drink too?" she reached out a tanned hand to the bird and cocked her head to the side watching it move, carefully holding her breath.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff