Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kumiko-Misaki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:20 pm
I signed yearbooks in Japanese w/ and English translation...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:39 pm
Kumiko-Misaki
I signed yearbooks in Japanese w/ and English translation...

Me too...except when i signed someones yearbook that knew japanese. i went all out XD and then no translations! lol

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

Oh!Sweet`Serenade

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:46 pm
You have influenced your boyfriend to take french and spanish next year at school. And have gotten him into many songs from many other languages.

Also, your boyfriend knows that if he starts speaking spanish to you with emphasized rolled R's, it is a Major turn on for you.

You have also taught him how to say I love you in atleast 5 languages that he remembers.

Guilty heart

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:51 pm
shiro-nacht
You sign people's yearbooks in German or some other forgein language they don't know.

I did that. Of couase for the people I gave no translation for obvious reasons.  

Poetische Arroganz

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:39 pm
I do think staying up late reading on the Japanese alphebet is fun and I do insult people in German alot!

You're obessessed when you know more than one language and you combine your speech into a super language! (my friends and I speak Anglodeutschanese whee heart )  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:40 pm
Poetische Arroganz
shiro-nacht
You sign people's yearbooks in German or some other forgein language they don't know.

I did that. Of couase for the people I gave no translation for obvious reasons.
I wrote in my friend's French book in German! I think it was something like "Frankreich ist immer langweilig, und Deutschland ist viel besser!" heart  

AnimeMonkey

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:46 pm
[b]When you go to Coldstone (the ice cream parlor) and order their Germanschokoladekake (which has several umlauts), you pronounce it properly, only to have the workers stare at you and tell you it's pronounced "German Chocolate Cake" and you say, "Not when it's written that way, it's not. I just pronounced it correctly."

(Seriously happened to me. Do people just think the umlauts are there for decoration??)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:40 am
shiro-nacht
[b]When you go to Coldstone (the ice cream parlor) and order their Germanschokoladekake (which has several umlauts), you pronounce it properly, only to have the workers stare at you and tell you it's pronounced "German Chocolate Cake" and you say, "Not when it's written that way, it's not. I just pronounced it correctly."

(Seriously happened to me. Do people just think the umlauts are there for decoration??)

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Why do they pronaunce it wrong? O.o

-When you think in that language and can't remember a word and then you start to think that you've gone crazy, but then you remember that it's not your first language. domokun

-When you speak to your friends in your other language so much that they start to understand it. domokun

-When refuse to eat/wear/look at things that aren't from the counrty/countries that you are interested in. domokun  

Nicotine Queen

marooned_sushi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:58 pm
When you chase a friend in the mall, saying things to her in Chinese and she runs away, shouting in French to be left alone xd

So very very guilty.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:18 am
You know you're too obssessed with languages when you don't understand the majority of music in your iPod.  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:23 am
when your conlanguage becomes a new official language of the United States of America, The Russian Federation, and is one of the major languages of the U.N.

like Rebecca's Aquenandi  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am
Koko.Dk
when your conlanguage becomes a new official language of the United States of America, The Russian Federation, and is one of the major languages of the U.N.

like Rebecca's Aquenandi

rofl  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:26 am
~Xo FoXiLiCiOuS oX~
Koko.Dk

like Rebecca's Aquenandi

rofl

rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:35 am
Koko.Dk
~Xo FoXiLiCiOuS oX~
Koko.Dk

like Rebecca's Aquenandi

rofl

rofl

Well, if that happens, that person clearly had too much time on his/her hands amd not much of a life.... scary. lol  

m4r1p0s4

Eco-friendly Sex Symbol

10,750 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Candy Fiend 150

Lawrencew
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:57 am
Jazzy-Devine
shiro-nacht

That sounds like something that would happen to me. Why do they pronaunce it wrong? O.o

-When you think in that language and can't remember a word and then you start to think that you've gone crazy, but then you remember that it's not your first language. domokun

-When you speak to your friends in your other language so much that they start to understand it. domokun

-When refuse to eat/wear/look at things that aren't from the counrty/countries that you are interested in. domokun

But is Germanschokoladekake even German?  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games