Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kumiko-Misaki

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:16 pm
When you mix up your languages without realizing it.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:58 pm
Sano Parmandil
Sorry about the confusion. sweatdrop

Oh there's no confusion, Slip's just being a wise-a** as usual.

Anyway, you're too obsessed with languages when you title your vg music tracks in German.  

Hawk_McKrakken

xxQuoth the Raven

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:57 am
-Someone is complaining about the French assignment and you offer to do it for them....for fun. domokun

-You taught a Japanese lesson to your French class. domokun

I've done both...

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 7:04 pm
...You translate all your Latin assignments into Japanese just for fun. Guess who's done that? ninja  

Kumiko-Misaki

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 5:51 am
Kumiko-Misaki
...You translate all your Latin assignments into Japanese just for fun. Guess who's done that? ninja

Ooh, sounds like fun. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:50 pm
I'm addicted and I love every minute of it!!  

777~Banshee~777

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Red August

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 6:56 pm
When someone says something to me, I repeat what they say in German and give my answer in German first, then English. I only do this out loud with people I know. With people I don't I do it in my head and I think it's best that way.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 8:41 pm
User Image"Je t'aime..."

... you dream in [language] more than your mother language.

Guilty! ><

"...I know."User Image

Cocoa Jamboree

Jose Rizal Mercado

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:39 am
When you sing in japanese and write in italian.

You use the japanese alphabet to write words in english. At which point people will think you are dyslexic.

You have become a perpetual magnet of foreign languages that all foreign language books suddenly dissappear from the library. Asked if you were the one who stole it you say "No" in 5 different Lagnuages.

When you discover the root of all languages and become a celebrated linguist the world over. At which point your brain explodes with a German twang.

When you abandon your other subjects in school in favor of your foreign languages but companies will hire you anyway...

Uh oh i think ive De Ja Vud this moment before :O.  
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:33 pm
You put your ipod into German just to confuse your friends and then feel sorry for them and start translating even though they don't care.

You use "Why you should learn a second language" as the topic for any pick your own topic language.

You try to explain your own conlang to your French teacher when asked what your favorite language would be.

You become angry when your French teacher puts the question "Why is French the most important subject ever" because you think all languages are of the same importance and end up in the hall because you swore at him in Japanese.

Your friends actually have a good grasp of the languages you know because you mix words in so much when talking to them.

You become enraged because your university doesn't offer Japanese, ASL, or Arabic and start crying even though university is years away. (I did this and my mother had a huge talk with me over how I'm not allowed to plan my university classes until I'm in grade 12, that's years away.)

You become upset because you can't speak every language ever made fluently and then enraged because your parents won't let you start learning another language. Five just isn't enough!  

VelveteenandRazorblades

Mashed Computer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:12 am
Pinsesjan
You become angry when your French teacher puts the question "Why is French the most important subject ever" because you think all languages are of the same importance and end up in the hall because you swore at him in Japanese.

Your friends actually have a good grasp of the languages you know because you mix words in so much when talking to them.

Oh, I fit in there perfectly. If a teacher puts the question "Why [insert language] is the most important subject ever" I would start to scream that all languages are just as much worth and I would probably curse in Irish or Spanish. And the second... It's just so true.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:44 am
Once that happened in Spanish class and I refused to speak anything but Russian for the rest of the period. mad D  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

AkiChan42

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:31 pm
Oh oh! I have a good one here!

You know you're too obsessed with languages when you speak in your second language during sex...

And yes... I actually did this. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:51 pm
~~You can sing a language's alphabet perfectly but have trouble remembering your native languages letters.  

Poetische Arroganz

koirat

Shirtless Dog

15,025 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:11 pm
You sign people's yearbooks in German or some other forgein language they don't know.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games