Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tales Series Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for "Tales of..." Series fans to discuss these amazing games and more. 

Tags: tales of, tales series, videogame 

Reply Organized Roleplaying
Tales of Symphonia: A New Tomorrow [OOC/Plotting] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:59 pm
Evilweirdo 0

First of all, wow, I feel like I should apologize for not clarifying some conceptions on the Werefolk to begin with. sweatdrop

I didn't add an aspect of madness to them because I thought it was already enough that they're shunned and viewed as "freaks" in the world of Aselia. sweatdrop So none of them would have that "berserk murderous rampage" deal. I felt like that aspect would turn things into a bigger mess than they are. They do have tendencies to show animal-like behavior in their human forms according to what type of were they are. A werewolf, for example, would snarl or maybe even bark when expressing anger in their normal human forms. And make a dog-like whining when sad or ashamed.

In wereform, there's also the tendency to slip from human behavior and act a lot more like the animal they are. (Note that this isn't "falling into madness", it's more "submitting to instinct".) I'm sure this would freak out the ones that have been turned in Aselia.

But I don't want to wreck all those plans you had laid out for Ed! sweatdrop I think we could make an exception to the rule. Perhaps Ed has those problems because "weredragon" is like, a whole 'nother league of werefolk. He's a rare "magical creature" were, while the others in the group would fall under the "normal animal" class. Perhaps magical creature werefolk have the kind of problems Ed would have. (Consequently, that'd also be why magic creature werefolk would be extremely rare...those rampages make people so scared of them that they'd opt to kill them so they don't have to deal with it anymore.)

Say, what happened to the werefolk that turned Ed?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:11 pm
Azura Cantarella

Lord Lee Major

*flagging you down for your input* ninja

*chuckles* Oh, story wise nothing all that major,Find Emil at some point, might run into Marta too... did I actually ever make those changes to Ilene's Profile? *Goes to check*

Ahem... It appears I haven't... Well I know what I'm gonna try to find on my computer tonight. sweatdrop

*Ilene glares at LLM* stressed

Have an idea to bring in a baddy to give Sol a (for lack of a better term) beatdown, been questioning if I should bring it up to you sooner or later after I thought about it a bit more.

Any other plot devices I have in my mind won't come up for some time.

Lord Lee Major

Devoted Bibliophile

10,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:02 am
Azura Cantarella

It's not your fault! I meant that the trauma of suddenly being transformed into something else was the first domino in the chain. His being a werefolk really has nothing to do with it- It's not some supernatural madness that comes with the werefolk package (like I said, I'm trying to avoid the clichéd "werewolf horror" thing). It just provided the initial shock that caused things to start falling apart. It would have been the same if some criminal had attacked his lab, or if he witnessed a bunch of murders, or if he saw some Lovecraftian horror devouring people, or if he somehow managed to reach across dimensions and access 4chan (see previous example). wink Any of those things could have started the stuff that's going down in his head.
Forgive me, I was doing more late-night typing. Though you did get some decent ideas as a result, I suppose... I could work those in if you want.
As for the werefolk who turned him... Perhaps he could have undergone a similar sort of ordeal. He could have moved to Aselia, only to find that the natives were terrified of him, which made him snap and turn one of the natives (ironically, one of the ones who would have accepted him, Ed). Once he came to his senses, he probably would have run off in shame. Again, this wouldn't happen because he's a werefolk. This would arise from the combination of fear and rage that the racists of Aselia inspired in him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:17 pm
Evilweirdo 0

Oh, it's alright! My bad for misunderstanding too. User Image

And no, you don't have to work that stuff in. 3nodding You said you're trying to deviate from the cliche, and those ideas would just be bringing you back to it.

Lord Lee Major

Oh, let me know if you need help with that. I still have the PMs of our discussion over Ilene's details. 3nodding

Hm...placing that beatdown would probably be best after...picking up the second Summon Spirit. We'll see. Let me know if you've laid down the details on your baddie already; I'll need to have a look over him.

Krazy-Chibi

What are your plans for Lilith and Kai? surprised  

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Well Kai's major goal is to avenge his people and liberate the city of Babil, and Lilith is hunting down a being called the Lich Lord; who is actually her father who became a lich so he could become more powerful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:07 pm
Azura Cantarella
Evilweirdo 0

Oh, it's alright! My bad for misunderstanding too. User Image

And no, you don't have to work that stuff in. 3nodding You said you're trying to deviate from the cliche, and those ideas would just be bringing you back to it.

That's okay! Late night rants, I tell you. They're not clear at all.
Okay, but if you come up with something and need a way to introduce it, you can have full hijacking rights. Incidentally, do you have a preference on the "losing it" scenarios (wacky vs. berserk)? You don't need one, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Whichever way is more convenient for you all is the best. It should be an obstacle to be surpassed, but not an annoying one.  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:18 pm
I have a feeling that Rin's going to get some hugs while in werekitty form. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:44 pm
Evilweirdo 0

Either's fine---berserk can create some nice drama if pulled off well. But I tend to lean more humor so wacky's what I'd pick. xd

@Sirea: Martel help Rin if he's ever werekitty around Oscuro. wink

Gah, once I have some time to make my brain sit still, I'll start trying to organize the timeline. @.@

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:00 pm
Azura Cantarella
Evilweirdo 0

Either's fine---berserk can create some nice drama if pulled off well. But I tend to lean more humor so wacky's what I'd pick. xd

All right, wacky is good! That's my type of thing as well. Besides, who says wacky can't include that, hmm?
Anyway, sorry to keep on pestering you, but here's my plan at this point:

1. Ed's decline will increase exponentially, beginning a while before an enemy encounter (not one that is pivotal to someone's arc, however). You can give me the signal for this whenever.
2. He acts wacky for a while, and people will likely try to talk to him or otherwise bring him to his senses. Nothing permanently brings him out of it at this point.
3. A deadly gang of monster/s or other foes appears. Seeing and hearing stuff from the battle causes him to remember everything, snapping him out of it enough for him to set himself straight for good. Determined to set things straight and thank everyone for their support in his ordeal, he enters an Overlimit state and goes all Mystic on the enemy's posteriors, evening the odds. Things then proceed as normal.

Provided you have no objections, this can be done whenever you want. With that, I think things should be squared away for my peeps.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:11 pm
Okay, I have finally posted and I reeeeally owe you guys an apology for keeping you all waiting for a month and a half. I've been real busy lately and I've been trying to get my schedule more stabilized. I think I've got it down now and I should be a lot more active. Once again, I'm sorry everyone for taking so long.  

Fedora Warrior
Vice Captain

Dapper Shapeshifter

5,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Full closet 200

Sirea Angelie
Crew

Nine-tailed Fox

26,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Married 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:47 pm
Fedora Warrior
Okay, I have finally posted and I reeeeally owe you guys an apology for keeping you all waiting for a month and a half. I've been real busy lately and I've been trying to get my schedule more stabilized. I think I've got it down now and I should be a lot more active. Once again, I'm sorry everyone for taking so long.
You get brownie points for posting just before my birthday. rofl Anyways, it's all good. :3 We should be used to this waiting anyways. lol.

@ Azura: He's definitely gonna love the attention. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:32 pm
I hate to say it, but ive completely forgotten what we were doing in the RP, this semester has made me super busy. emotion_0A0

Krazy-Chibi
Crew

Spoopy Chomper

29,575 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Marathon 300

Lord Lee Major

Devoted Bibliophile

10,800 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:33 am
Krazy-Chibi
I hate to say it, but ive completely forgotten what we were doing in the RP, this semester has made me super busy. emotion_0A0

That makes two I've been under a flood of pretty much constant assignments projects, and presentations for the last two weeks and am now working on the third and final week... I can finally see the light at the end of my tunnel. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:42 pm
You can do it, guys! Just keep your eye on that light!  

Evilweirdo 0

Questionable Pants

12,275 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100

Azura Cantarella
Captain

Winter Werewolf

44,625 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 am
Krazy-Chibi

Lord Lee Major

Yea, you can do it! We're rooting for you~! ^_^

Well, we're currently in the middle of a fight against Rhone's clone that just needs Lee's post to go on. I wonder if we're too far gone now to try to make a synopsis of the whole RP. User Image

I am not trying to rush you into posting, by the way, just...saying? Of course we're going to wait until you're done with the term. Sorry if it came off like that. sweatdrop

Fedora Warrior

Sirea Angelie

Evilweirdo 0

I just wanna gather everyone to ask...well, how do you all generally feel about the current state of the RP? It's obviously kind of dragging, and it's also obviously because most of us are dealing with school and other RL stuff, but...I want to know if you have any other opinions you want to voice? I mean, is it becoming trying to keep interest or is it really just that you're suffering from brain drain?

I won't take offense if you have anything negative to say, by the way. I just want to hear the straight-up truth from you all. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. So that I could um, see what could be done to get that spark back, y'know? I have a feeling y'all just might be tired of restarts after lord knows how many we've been through already. D:

Organized Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff