Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Foreign Languages Guild
You Know You're Too Obsessed with Languages when... Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:50 pm
Hawk_McKrakken
Eccentric Iconoclast
When you have to present something in Spanish class, you realise that you have "Я люблю русский язык!" scrawled on your arm in silver Sharpie and you're wearing a shirt in Japanese.

rofl

Oh, and humming the Italian national anthem wasn't getting me anywhere either. ninja

But it was stuck in my head!

Try the Russian national anthem. sweatdrop That'll stick even worse.

gonk I try to avoid the Hymn of the Russian Federation at all costs. It gets hopelessly stuck.
But seriously, Korobejniki is stuck in my head really badly as it is. mad D  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:11 am
Hawk_McKrakken
HellsBitch
When you only speak in your favorite tongue, at the peak of orgasm.

I wouldn't normally think that that's a time for conversation... sweatdrop Whatever floats yer boat. I really couldn't imagine going "ACH! SO GUT!" when the time came.

In fact, I'm cracking up just thinking about it. rofl "Wer ist dein Vati? WER IST DEIN VATI!? scream " I'm quite positive that would scare my partner outta the room.

"ACH! SO GUT!" rofl I literally laughed out loud.  

wermel

zombiecide

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:50 am
Happiness means to you that you just found a source for real books in Swedish. (They don't have a Swedish amazon, you know?! gonk )  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:58 am
I apologize in case some of the stuff has been already said.

...when you can't even remember when you started learning English (it happened naturally from watching too much TV) domokun
...you can't understand how someone can watch dubbled versions of TVshows domokun
....you are extatic with the fact that the first sugestion the romanian EU delegate (I think that's what he's called) is that movies shouldn't be dubbled anymore domokun
...you still can't forgive your 8th grade English teacher for her stupid mistakes even if it's been four years since then
...you have an aversion towards dictionarys because of said teacher (she needed five of them and still didn't get it right)
...you are going with an undetermined speed(the speedometre was broke) down a twisted mountain road and instead of praying, all that comes to your mind is A-AE-AE-AM-A-A AE-ARUM-IS-AS-IS-AE (the noun endings for the first declination in Latin) or M-S-T-MUS-TIS-NT/I-ISTI-IT-IMUS-ITIS-ERUNT(verb endings in Latin)  

KD Heart

2,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:30 am
when....you play monopoly in many different languages  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 8:49 am
...when you've turned your friend into a linguaphile. gonk

There's not much doubt about it now. She asked for a Swahili grammar book for Christmas (got it for her), and yesterday, we were at the mall together and went into Barnes & Nobles and she was considering buying several Tagalog books but decided to get another Spanish book instead. And now she's borrowed "Русские Рассказы" from me and made me lend her a Russian-English dictionary. sweatdrop  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Vice Captain

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:43 am
Eccentric Iconoclast

There's not much doubt about it now. She asked for a Swahili grammar book for Christmas (got it for her), and yesterday, we were at the mall together and went into Barnes & Nobles and she was considering buying several Tagalog books but decided to get another Spanish book instead. And now she's borrowed "Русские Рассказы" from me and made me lend her a Russian-English dictionary. sweatdrop

heh heh too funny rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Ps. Ya Barnes and Noble Lyubyu

......when you're always using different dialects constantly xp

You speak to your friends in Copenhagen and use the Bornholm dialect to speak to them and they look at you like : confused ......Later you talk to your friends from Russia and use a dialect the never thought existed. The next day you talk to someone from Spain and use the Ripotense dialect with that person ....Then for christmas you go to France and use Quebecois and they look at you like so: mad confused mrgreen talk2hand confused  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:54 pm
...when you know so much about a language, that you correct a native speaker on their grammer...  

The_0ther_Account

[~Yue Ayase~]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:58 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast

You're so lucky xD My friends aren't interested in languages at all, even though I do try to encourage them. One of them even has an outright aversion towards learning or discussing with me any language other than English... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:43 pm
Demon_darkness1
...Know you're obessed if people give you blank stares when you talk to them, because you did't realize that you were speaking a Foreign Language.

haha,thats a good one. Sometimes i mutter french curse words when im mad at ppl. mrgreen  

isabella jolie

3,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200

lunar x2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:11 pm
...you tag people's houses in Russian.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:18 am
[~Yue Ayase~]
You're so lucky xD My friends aren't interested in languages at all, even though I do try to encourage them. One of them even has an outright aversion towards learning or discussing with me any language other than English... sweatdrop

Mine don't want to talk to me in English because they think my English is so much better than theirs mad (Is not! I just don't care as much about the mistakes I make as they do!)
But my two roommates and I are going to take a Japanese course together! biggrin (Although one of them probably doesn't need one ...)

... start to speak your native language with the accent of another language. (Well, I think this has been mentioned before. But. It scares me that Iuse to mix up R and L. Like the time when I said a sentence with alternating Rs and Ls because I thought it sounded more balanced, more poetic that way.)

zombiecide

419scambaiterKoko

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:19 am
....when you write greeting cards and letters in different languages  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:43 am
Kokoroki
....when you write greeting cards and letters in different languages

I just gave my teacher a card in Russian. rolleyes
All it said was spasibo razz (written in cyrillic; I don't have time to go get the ltters)

Food! biggrin

Umm...

... when you correct your English teacher on the pronunciation of the name Anna... as in Anna Karenina by Lev Tolstoy...

Best I can come up with, sorry, I'm lame. neutral  

Forgedawn

lunar x2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:29 pm
...when you say something in japanese with a spanish accent.  
The Foreign Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games