Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Pockyism||THE GUILD
SBA Presents: A Very Gaia Fanfic! (Feat. Pockyism!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You Exited?
You Bet!
51%
 51%  [ 14 ]
w00t!
48%
 48%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 27

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:19 pm
SugarBeat_Angel
Kai Shi
So...gotten any closer to have good computer stuff again? Or another chapter perchance? *puppy eyes*

I'm doing what I can with Bleh... NotePad... But it's not the same. sad

Aww....*hugs* I feel your pain  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:14 pm
*pokes Sugar* Fic?

*realizes how much she hates being prodded about things she's to lazy to update* -cough- quotes -cough- *flees*  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:36 pm
I know! I know... But I'm still working with NotePad and it's like... AHHH! Preston's trying to get me Word...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:25 pm
Chapter 8: Liberation and Impending Doom

Koukon let out a wretched scream as zombies began to flood out into the main corridor of the mansion. She began to fire shot after shot at the oncoming creatures. "Aim for their heads!"
Sugar bolted down the stairs to help her friend in need. But before she could make it down, zombies were beginning to creep out of the door she had nearly opened. She let a shot lose and pegged a zombie in the neck. "Braska?" It was an old friend of hers and a fellow guild member. She continued to fire shots at the advancing creatures. One by one the zombies fell and the room had been cleared out. From what she could see, even Koukon had taken down as many as she could. Then there was silence... The only noise Sugar heard was the sound of her heart pounding and the raspy breathing of the guild members. After a moment, Sugar ordered the members to take the people they'd shot to the front of the mansion. "These people need to get out of here. Take them outside and leave them there. They'll wake up and go back home once the antidote takes effect... Once they're all outside, I need you back in here and helping fight, got it? Now go..." Sugar watched as the members scrambled to collect the healing people with a feeling of triumph. But there were probably only a few hundred that had been cured. Gaia had millions of citizens and at least half were in the mansion... She only hoped Zetan and the others were having just as much luck in the Eastern and Western wings of the house as she and Koukon were in the front...

Zetan stepped back and smiled with satisfaction as he unloaded a final needle into the neck of the last oncoming zombie. He and his groups had cleared out the entire Western wing of the mansion... But unfortunately no sign of Gino. He let out a sigh and pulled his hair back into a ponytail. "Alright... Let's get these people out of here..." Zetan turned and retreated to the front of the mansion where he would see if Koukon or Sugar were having any luck.

Kai cursed under her breath as her gun had regretfully busted from overheating. There were still so many oncoming zombies. It seemed she hit the jackpot when deciding to scour the rear of the mansion. The kitchen and ballroom... She should have known those would have been the hot spots for people to be. But no time to feel sorry for herself... She still had plenty of syringes and that was enough. She led her group further into the fray of zombies, stabbing the horrid creatures left and right with needles... Even throwing them if she had to. She was thankful she had designed the syringes to release their contents on impact. Otherwise the raid could have been disastrous. But slowly her supply of antidote was depleting. She would have to retreat...
No sooner had she cleared out a room, than Seishin stumbled upon more zombies. It was stressing... But Kai was already in combat with the creatures there. "Kai! I'm here to help!" Seishin ran forward with her gun ready. She let out a few shots and pegged a few zombies that were swarming Kai's party.

Melly stood breathing heavily over a pile of devastation. She surveyed as her group carried out each Gaian citizen one by one. It was a relief to finally have the Eastern wing cleared out. Her eyes shot up as she heard a person storming the room. It was Johnny K. Gambino...
"What are you doing here? Can't you see the party is over? Go home!" Gambino said through gritted teeth. He looked down upon the the unconscious people on the floor. "What did you do to them?"
"I could ask you the same question Mr. Gambino! These people have all been turned into zombies and it's because of you. What kind of evil have you been creating?" Melly raised her gun and aimed it.
"Wait now... I'll give you money! Is that what you want? Money? I have plenty... You can have what you want! Just don't shoot!" Gambino cringed as a shot was fired.
Melly watched with satisfaction as the needle graced Gambino's ear and lodged itself in a zombie approaching from behind. "Hmm... I must have missed one..." Melly turned away from him and made her way to the window. "You'd better get out of here Mr. Gambino. This place isn't safe... We can't guarantee that we've completely cleared your mansion." She turned back to him and frowned. "Where is Gino?"
"I have no idea where my son is. He probably escaped with the people that made it out last night." Gambino glanced aside feeling a pang of guilt. Nobody had escaped... Ten minutes after the outbreak, the doors had been sealed from the inside... And Gino had been in his room preparing for the party. "I'm not leaving... This is my mansion. I'll take my chances..."
Melly shrugged. "Suit yourself... But if I find out that Gino is hurt... You will pay for what you have done." She continued to help her group members clear out the people they had cured. The only thing left clear was the basement...

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:29 pm
zOMG new chapter! After how many years? I mean... Months... xd I hope you all enjoy it. It's action packed for your reading pleasure... And Melly gets to scare Johnny K... Hooray! Sorry it's been so long... I did this on NotePad which sucks so if there are errors, please point them out. Yay! I finally did it!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:02 pm
SugarBeat_Angel
zOMG new chapter! After how many years? I mean... Months... xd I hope you all enjoy it. It's action packed for your reading pleasure... And Melly gets to scare Johnny K... Hooray! Sorry it's been so long... I did this on NotePad which sucks so if there are errors, please point them out. Yay! I finally did it!

*tackleglomps* Hooray! 'twas very good 3nodding

Heh...Halloween was fun...I was a Zombie 3nodding  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:30 pm
Kai Shi
SugarBeat_Angel

*tackleglomps* Hooray! 'twas very good 3nodding

Well for the sake of the story, pretend you weren't... wink

I was too actually. Though I kept trying to kill the zombies, I ended up getting bit and it was pissing me off. They wouldn't stay off of me! Ah well, it was fun!

Yeah... Teh Kai Kai goes uber war hero in this chapter and takes out the zombies by hand. Tee hee... You kicked butt!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:29 pm
SugarBeat_Angel
Kai Shi
SugarBeat_Angel
zOMG new chapter! After how many years? I mean... Months... xd I hope you all enjoy it. It''s action packed for your reading pleasure... And Melly gets to scare Johnny K... Hooray! Sorry it''s been so long... I did this on NotePad which sucks so if there are errors, please point them out. Yay! I finally did it!

*tackleglomps* Hooray! ''twas very good 3nodding

Well for the sake of the story, pretend you weren''t... wink

I was too actually. Though I kept trying to kill the zombies, I ended up getting bit and it was pissing me off. They wouldn''t stay off of me! Ah well, it was fun!

Yeah... Teh Kai Kai goes uber war hero in this chapter and takes out the zombies by hand. Tee hee... You kicked butt!

Booyah xd  

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

Seishin-chan
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:05 pm
YAY!!!!! New chapter!!!!! It's good, too! 3nodding blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:25 pm
Ooh! Yay new chapter! =D Good job! heart  

yukikajisama

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:37 am
Chapter 9: This is Only the Beginning

Sugar stood staring down at the seemingly bottomless pit that was the basement stairway. Truth be told, she was terrified. She had no idea what was going on down below the floor on which she stood. She nearly decided to forget about finding out... But she couldn't do it... Upon sweeping the upper levels of the house for the third time, they had found no sign of Gino. He was not in his room where Gambino had last seen him... He was no where else and he was not among the cured citizens who had begun to awake and make their ways home. Unless he truly had escaped... The only place he could be was in the cellar. Sugar took a deep breath and stepped down the stairs with Zetan at her side. The rest of the guild followed closely behind. It was dark below the mansion... Quiet and less eerie than it probably should have been. Sugar felt a hand on her shoulder pulling her back. She turned to see who it was and her eyes struggled to adjust. When she could see better, she realized it was Seishin.
Seishin tried hard to pull Sugar back up the stairs but she was refusing to budge. "Sugar... They're saying something about a bomb coming... We need to get out of here now..."
"But..." Sugar looked down to the bottom of the stairs. If Gino really was down there, the bomb would kill him. She tore her shoulder from Seishin's grasp and darted down the stairs. "Gino! Gino, are you down here!? Please answer me! Please... You have to come with us! They're going to bomb the mansion! You..." Sugar felt a hand over her mouth. She tried to scream but only a muffled sound of torture came out. She felt herself being lifted from the ground and slung over the shoulder of some person. That person was Zetan and he was taking her back up the stairs. "Zetan, let me go! I need to find Gino!"
"We've got to get out of her Sugar! If the place gets bombed you won't have enough time to get out... Stop fighting me! If Gino is down there... I'm sure it isn't something you really need to see." Zetan bolted out the door after the rest of the guild. Sure enough, a missile was a mere two thousand feet from the mansion. Not far enough for comfort. At the speed it was traveling, they would not be able to run to a safe distance. He threw Sugar from his shoulder and jumped on top of her. The others followed suit and hit the ground. A flash of light came... The sound of an explosion... And then, silence. The quiet after the storm...
"No! Gino!" Sugar fought her way up and watched in horror as the light faded and smoke rose into the air. She tried to run forward but she felt a hand on her ankle and she fell to the ground. She looked back to see Zetan holding her down. "Zetan... Eh..." She felt herself growing faint and tears flooded her face. Then everything went black...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:44 am
Chapter 10: It's the Least We Could Do

What a beautiful evening... Through patches of clouds, the diamond sky shone brightly. Snow toppled down onto the heads of many young children frolicking in the streets and the few people out still shopping before the days end. It was Christmas eve... Sugar pulled her fuzzy coat tightly over her shoulders and stepped out onto the street. She planned to leave a present at the crater where the Gambino mansion had once stood. A gift for Gino... Though he was no longer with them. She gazed out over the faces on the crowded Barton street. So many happy, cheery faces on such a sad and solemn holiday... She saw a man standing in the middle of the street... Hunched over and looking terribly in need of some cheering. As she approached him from behind, she realized who he was. "Merry Christmas Mr. Gambino..." She took a Chrysanthemum from the dozen in her arm and handed it to him sadly.
Gambino blinked down at Sugar's gift and took it without a smile. "It's you..." There was no hint of disdain on his voice... No anger or rage... No sadness or joy for that matter. Only a monotoned reply to the best wishes. "Have you forgotten him too?"
Sugar felt her lip quiver and her eyes began to sting with tears. What a preposterous question! Of course she hadn't forgotten him. "That isn't what I meant! I just wanted you to have as merry of a Christmas as possible... That's all. I..." She could feel the tears pouring onto her cheeks. "I think of him every day..."
Gambino let out a sigh and pulled out a picture from his vest pocket. It was a picture from the day his mansion exploded. He handed it down to Sugar and stared at her anxiously. "What do you see?"
Sugar blinked down at the picture wiping tears from her eyes. It was a picture of Gambino being blown from his mansion on the day of the bombing... "Is this some sort of cruel joke!?" Sugar frowned up at Gambino but he only shook his head and placed an over sized finger on a spot on the picture. Sugar looked down and strained hard to see a speck on the photo. "Is it... Is that..." She felt hope leap into her heart as she realized it could be Gino. Gambino took the picture back and nodded slowly.
"I think it is but I've been everywhere today and I can't find him. I mean it too... I've been to Durem and Aekea... Here... And of course my island... I've searched everywhere and asked everyone. But nobody has seen him... Not since the explosion." Gambino tucked the photo back into his pocket and sighed sadly. "I know you don't think that I care for my son but I love him with all my heart. I would do anything to get him back and I'll search all night if I have to."
"You can't do it alone." Sugar wiped the tears that had begun to fall again. "You can't be so prideful... You're not perfect you know! You're not the most powerful man in Gaia anymore! You can't just..." Sugar sighed and looked away. "You can't search alone... I'll help you look. It's the least I could do..." Sugar smiled up at Gambino and pulled out her cell phone. She quickly dialed a number and held the phone to her ear. "Zetan? Yeah, it's Sugar... Merry Christmas! Hey... I have a favor to ask you..."

Sugar and many of the available guild members were more than happy to help search for Gino. It was, as they called it, their duty... Seeing as it was Christmas eve. But soon midnight came... Then it was one o'clock... Two... Three... The volunteers were growing weary and many returned to their homes for sleep. Sugar and Zetan where of the very few still out searching. "I do not understand... We know Gino was thrown from the mansion like Gambino had been. Even if he is not alive we..." Zetan caught the cold stare from Sugar and stopped mid sentence. "I'm just trying to make a point... He shouldn't be hard to find unless he's hiding."
"Gino's alive... Don't suggest otherwise. For once I am being optimistic about something... We'll find him... He's not hiding. He would have come to us if he wanted to hide. He's probably in somebody's care." Sugar sighed heavily and put a hand on Zetan's shoulder. "Zetan, you can go home... It's getting late and we've been out here for hours. I'm going to search a little more and go home myself."
Zetan nodded thankfully for the break and smiled. "Alright... I am getting a bit tired. I'll see you later Sugar. Good luck... I'm sorry we couldn't find him yet." Zetan waved a goodbye and hurried off toward his car leaving Sugar standing in the snow.
Sugar felt a large hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Gambino standing there with a solemn look on his face. "I'm sorry Mr. Gambino... I'm so very sorry."
Gambino let out a heft sigh and shook his head. "Don't be. After all, this is my fault. And you've done what you can. Go to your nice warm house and get a good night's sleep. You've earned it for all you have done for me." Gambino turned and walked away from Sugar, headed toward the Durem Reclamation Facility. "Perhaps we'll meet again..."
Sugar watched as Gambino retreated. She couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt for thinking so badly of him. True enough, he was an unkind person... He was terrible and he treated Gino like a burden rather than a son... But it seemed he had changed. It seemed that losing everything made him realize just how lucky he was to have a son like Gino. Always trying to impress him and do the best for his father... Gambino had probably missed out on a lot with his son and now he was regretting every bit of it. Sugar looked up to see the snow beginning to fall once more. As tired as she was, she couldn't just go home and leave Gambino out there in the chilly snow. She decided to follow after him...

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:46 am
Chapter 11: A Christmas Miracle is the Greatest Gift of all

"What do you mean he's lost his memory?" Gambino blinked down at his seemingly lifeless son. His eyes were so empty and cold. "I don't understand..."
"What isn't to understand?" Melly folded her arms and frowned at Gambino angrily. "He doesn't remember a thing! Not you, not us... Not even the event that made him this way. He's mindless..."
Sugar sighed sadly as she bandaged up Gino's head and cheek. "He isn't mindless. He knows he's alive, he just doesn't remember anything about his life..." Sugar patted Gino's hand lightly and smiled at him. He only stared at her blankly and rested a head on her shoulder.
"Well at least he gets to start over on a clean slate..." Melly unfolded her arms and walked toward the window. "It seems the same goes for you Mr. Gambino. You've been blessed with a Christmas miracle... The chance to start anew. It's up to you to take it and use it for good..."
Sugar smiled as Zetan and Seishin approached with a tray of food and some hot coco for the guild's two guests. "Hey, thanks guys..." Sugar took Gino's hand and helped him stand. "Gino, are you hungry?"
Gino blinked up at Sugar and nodded slowly. "I suppose..." He let her lead him over to the table and he stared down at the food blankly. He did not know these people... He did not know if they were good or bad. They seemed like good people but he was still so unsure of them. He looked up at Sugar and stared at her quietly.
Sugar smiled and took the fork in her hand. "It's ok Gino... The food is good..." Sugar took a bight of the egg that had been prepared for Gino and shuddered. "Uhm... Well, it's hot anyway... Heh heh..."
Kai smiled slyly as she walked in the room and folded her arms. "Hey... I'm a genius, not a chef. Cut me some slack, Koukon wasn't here to cook for us. I did what I can..." She smiled and sat across from Gino at the table. "It's ok Gino, don't listen to her... I'm sure it doesn't taste that bad."
Gino picked up the fork and took a bite of the food. "It's good..." He looked at Kai quietly and nodded. "It is... I don't mind it at all." He continued to eat in silence. He was very hungry. It had been quite a while since he had eaten a good meal. He wasn't certain if it tasted so great but he couldn't recall ever eating anything better so he didn't complain. He felt eyes watching him curiously as he ate. The girl he'd come to know as Sugar had eyes so full of sorrow as she watched him. "Why do you look at me with such sad eyes? Is it because I do not remember anything?"
Sugar forced a smile and shook her head. His monotone voice was heartbreaking. All the life and spirit he had in him before was gone. It truly was as though he was mindless... "I'm not sad Gino. Don't you worry about me... Just worry about yourself."
Gino nodded quietly and held out his plate to the girl he'd learned to be called Kai Shi. "More please..." He felt a hand on his shoulder and looked up to see the man who had found him. The man was offering his plate of food to him with a melancholy smile. "Thank you very much Mr. Gambino..." Mr. Gambino. That was the name they all called him... But for some reason his face was stricken with grief when Gino called him that.
Sugar sighed sadly and pulled Gambino aside. "I know this is hard... I want him to remember me just as much as you want him to remember you... But this isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's like Melly said, this is a chance to start anew. Gino doesn't remember a thing and sure that means the good things... But it means the bad things too. Mr. Gambino, this is your chance to make amends... See, all Gino ever wanted was your attention and your approval. He didn't care about money... That was never an object with him. He just wanted your love... Now he can get it and be happy. This can work out great for him either way... If he does remember, at least he'll be able to see the turn around you've made. If he doesn't remember... Well, at least he'll have a dozen new fond memories to share with you. You've got nothing to stand in your way now... No power to corrupt you... No home, true enough but you two can stay here and..."
Gambino smiled and shook his head. "Thank you, but you've really done enough as it is. There is a place we can stay and should we ever need help, I know that we can count on you all to be here for us." Gambino turned to Gino and sighed. "Gino... Come, we must leave."
Gino stood and bowed to Kai, Zetan and Seishin. "Thank you all very much for the food. You're kindness will not be forgotten." Gino turned and walked to Gambino. His eyes floated to Sugar who was staring at him sadly. "Thank you very much and have a Merry Christmas miss..." He took a slight bow but felt arms around him, holding him tightly. He looked up to see Sugar holding him, crying on his shoulder. He returned her embrace unsure of why she was crying.
"Oh Gino... I'm so glad you're alive! This was the best Christmas ever! I don't care if you remember me! Just as long as you're alive! That's all I care about..." Sugar wiped her tears away and smiled at Gino. "I'm sorry, I'm a blubbering mess... I'm just so happy that you're alive..." She released him from her arms and stood back. "Good luck to you both..."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:58 am
zOMG! Three new chapters!1212!??!//12jsaoieuq03j!one?

What can I say? This storyline update has gotten me in the mood to write in this, no matter how shitty Note Pad is. I'm really realizing now how much I miss Gambino... I want him back damn it! He can't be dead! I won't have it... At least bring him back for Gino's sake! Urg... *mope mope*

Anyways, I hope you enjoy these three chapters. From here on, things will probably be moving pretty fast. The next major events are the only real important things, though I may add some fluff in there to make it seem like I'm not jumping around... Even though I really am. Yeah, you like my mad 'jump from Halloween to Christmas' skillz...

Is it me, or has my writing improved greatly? I dunno... It may just be in my head but looking back at the first few chapters... It seems... Well, n00bish... *gasp*

surprised

Anyways, enjoy!

SugarBeat_Angel
Vice Captain

Kai Shi
Crew

7,850 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:38 pm
HOMAIGOD!!!!!