Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♠ { THE FINAL BATTLE } ECHO OF GRIEF (CONCLUSION + ???p .7 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
lizbot generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 14!

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:13 pm
[ DMG TO BOSS: 10 ]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Jesus wept, her queen was a b***h. Enough was enough, and she had things to do and people to see. Anyway, dreams were for people who failed at reality.

Planting her feet, Phoenix summoned up the tenth card, an ornamental crossbow that held the form of her triumphant dream, glowing with a fierce inner radiance. Life. Death. Rebirth.

Taking aim, her fiery arrow shot straight and true.

The gryphon gave loud whoop! And turned to see if anyone else had seen how ******** awesome she is at this s**t. Instead she saw a dreamlike visage of Nevada, Miss Stateside, and a terrible, unthinkable message followed an undeniable decline.

As the memory faded, she was already by Otto's side, gripping at his cloak. "Is it true?" She demanded, "Was that real or more dream ******** class="quote">
OOC

My character's username: Phoenix
My character's level: 44
Character's HP: 40
Card: Death
Weapon: Phoenix Crossbow
Current Guild: Eat Me
Small IC description of character:

Tall and curvy with a proud bearing, Phoenix strides about in red and black Gryphon armour like it was designed just to swirl dramatically about her and emphasize how freaking majestic she is. From the name, to the cockscomb of a faux hawk, to vivid orange-red eyes, Phoenix's appearance announces: I bring the fire.

Character journal: here

bittiface
ottotototototototot

prolixity generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 15!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The white queen. I think. I think ... she's more than that." Dog watched the queen's wings unfurl, and the sight chilled him somehow. The memory came seeping up all around him, and he wondered briefly and distantly why it was memories.

Himself, six years old, finding his mother asleep at her desk over the papers she'd been working on all day, something called an estate and something else called a will, and he didn't quite get what either of those things meant but he knew that they were related to Grandma being gone, which he didn't quite understand either. He crawled into Mom's lap, not too big to be held yet, and she woke up and looked at him, held him and cried quietly for a very long time, and that frightened him, and even though he was six years old and too big to be sucking his thumb he put it in his mouth anyway and leaned on Mom and tried very hard to understand why it was that the world was suddenly smaller and bigger all at once.

The memory faded, and Peyton's memory rose up and bled into his consciousness, and he wasn't sure if hers was before his or after or at the same time, but he hurt for how she had hurt and how she had folded her pain in on itself and used it to hold herself up and remain strong. His hand slipped quietly into hers as they stood in the not-space where the White Queen regarded them all.

MY STATS

My character's username: InvisibleDog
My character's level: 28
Character's Job Class: Dormouse Doctor
Current party: -
Current Guild: Eat Me
Small IC description of character: Tall male with light skin, short purple hair, and hazel eyes. He wears white mouse ears and a pair of tiny white feathered wings. His Dormouse coat is white.
Character journal: Log

Beejoux

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Grifferie generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 19!

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:14 pm
It was odd, having memories drudged up out of no where. She preferred the latter to the former, but it was still disorienting. She shook her head to clear it.

"Jake," she said, moving closer to him. She needed to ask.. the timing of his words had been too close. Had he somehow known what she remembered? No, most likely it was entirely unrelated. His mind was probably being all fuzzy, too. "Jake-"

Memories.

The blood. There was so much blood. It just kept gushing out, past the spike and soaking the sand below. It wouldn't stop, no matter how much they tried to stop it.

She tried to stop it. It was everywhere. Her gloves were soaked, beyond ruined. Her coat was red, her knees where she'd knelt in it. "Don't die," she said. She was crying, she could remember crying. "Don't die, Jake."

Others helped. Flashes of faces as they tried. One pulled the spike out. It only made the bleeding worse; the hole was massive and terrible. Another offered their coat to help, but nothing stopped it. Blood just seeped out between her fingers and into the sand.

She blinked and shivered, not liking that memory anymore than the first.

Quote:

MY STATS

My character's username: Waffleberry
My character's level: 67
Character's HP: 40/40
Character's Job Class: White Rabbit Herald
Current party: --
Current Guild: Vicious Streak
Small IC description of character: White rabbit with blonde hair~ red dress with white accessories. Super cute and happy.
Character journal: Battle Log

[A.V.]

Avian Serpentine generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 6!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:15 pm
[ DMG: 0 ]

Quote:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh...Well then. |:

Mitfael had wanted to jump into the fray, but a memory ambushed him and smacked him in the face. No attacking for him, nope.

The first time he had ever mentioned the creatures that lurked in the dark, his parents had simply brushed it off a child's nightmare. They urged him back to bed, explaining that the monsters he had always saw as nothing more then a product of an over active imagination or a simple bad dream. They never quite understood the distress he had first originally exhibited, and the two quickly forgot as Cahir had stopped complaining, unknown to them that their child had twisted the logic of their inability to see the monsters as his 'gift' and duty to protect them.

Come the days of the knight - slayer of monsters.

OOC
My character's username: Mitfael
My character's level: 27
Current party: ---
Current Guild: ---
Small IC description of character: Mitfael
Character journal: [ Battle Log ]

Avian Serpentine

Dapper Raider

a-disgruntled-dragon generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 7!

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:19 pm
[ Damage Done: 0 ]

Another memory flickered into view, her broken machette sitting at her side. This one though. This one was empty.

She stared at it, the black flickering memory with only vague colors. What ever this memory was supposed to be, Phymi didn't have it. There was nothing there but an emptiness and a blackness of a hole that needed to be filled.

Phymi had never had any loves. Her Poppa was a 'family' love, a caretaker but not a 'love love'. While nice all the same, and she did appreciate it, it was not the love the memory asked for. It asked for love, real love, and Phymi had never experienced it.

She didn't even know if zombies could love.

She tilted her head at the blackness, shoulders rounding and the point of her sword digging into the ground.

What a great 'memory' to re-experience.

MY STATS

My character's username: Phymi
My character's level: 40
Character's HP: 43
Character's Job Class: Cheshire Cat Wraith
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: On the shorter side, wearing a brown and white cheshire coat, blue scarf, and a tail. Cat ears and tail are both brown as well. She's got orange hair and orange eyes, and both knees. Very important. She sort of loves cheshire grins these days.
Character journal: Here

Kaefaux
Neith come look at her lack of a memory here because reasons.

Raja generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 21!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:20 pm

And then, perhaps, for one brief second... okay maybe a few more. He forgave everything.

Teddy being a hyperactive freak of rainbow nature. Andrew being on fire. That person over there he didn't know... but they were there. Whatever they did, it was ok now. The perpetual grim line that he worked to keep on his face much of the day faded away to a light smile. Yea, they weren't so bad.

Maybe even deserving of a hu- wait that one was turning to stone. Sort of... something? Whatever, he didn't want to touch them. It might be infectious. But it was ok, he forgave them for it. It was all just perfectly, utterly one hundred and twenty percent fine.

Such good, wonderful peo-

... (He would regret this all when he snapped out of it.)

OOC
My character's username: Frostpaw
My character's level: 77
Current party:
Current Guild: Raiders of the Lost Ark
Small IC description of character: (See image on the left) 5'7" male, a tad on the femenine side with appearances. Pale blue eyes, white hair that is long in the front and short in the back, and often accompanied by the sound of a bell. He does have some stripe markings on his face, and arms if you can see them at any point. He's usually wearing a rather bland, or unimpressed expression.

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

prolixity generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 20!

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:22 pm

Fang stared up at the White Queen, not understanding. What was she? Why did she want to trap them? He didn't want to be trapped. He wanted to understand. The memories came rolling up all around him, and he resisted, because he didn't like the way this place brought out memories, all unbidden, and they were never nice ones.

She'd thought that the minipet wouldn't hurt her. She'd just wanted to pat it, and she'd crouched down and reached out and its teeth had sunk into her fingers. The pain startled her out of two-legged form, and after that it had just been natural to grab, shake, it had hurt her ...

She was sorry. She was so sorry.

Fang growled as the memory faded back, uncomfortable and angry at himself. He'd been dumb. He didn't like to be reminded of it. Someone a little familiar stood nearby, and he turned his face away, not wanting the other to see his embarrassment, not wanting to see the reaction to what the memory had revealed.

MY STATS

My character's username: Dark★Fang
My character's level: 7
Character's HP: 30
Character's Job Class: Caterpillar
Current party: -
Current Guild: -
Small IC description of character: Short male with very pale skin, short messy black hair, and red eyes. He has a red stripe painted on each cheek and one down his nose, and has a white wolf tail and ears. A glowing blue halo circles his head. His Caterpillar cloak is blue and his armor is silver.
Character journal: Log

Syrie

Bittiface generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 12!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:23 pm
He was still unable to move. To attack. Still stuck in feeling he had no control over this situation. Was there ever a time he had control? Of the world? What of himself? Again, without any will of his own, his memories washed over in front of his eyes. Whether he wanted to see it or not, it played. His eyes glued open as he viewed his past.

The Horsemen's Lair had been a black spot on his soul for a long time. Immediately after the weeks of torture, after he'd finally returned home, coping didn't come easy. His sense of reality had been played with and skewed into an unrecognizable shape. Even to this day he would wonder if anything was indeed 'real'. But somehow, through time and the mending effect of friends, he regained his sense. He allowed himself to breathe. Otto worked past it, took control of his wild nerves and settled them.

Fears that had been amplified by his time spent at that dreadful place were quelled for now. He kept a lid on them. Never really under control, but dampened so he could function again. Those weeks of recovery had been difficult, almost impossible, but he willed himself back to what he called the Real World.

MY STATS

My character's username: Gravity
My character's level: 28
Weapon: Trident
Card: Tower
Faction: White Queen
Special: 2 of Hearts
Current Guild: Vicious Streak
Small IC description of character: Visual
Character journal: HERE

Lizbot
ilu

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Carhop Cavalier generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 7!

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:25 pm

So, the time had come. The Red Queen was defeated, and here, the White Queen, the probing and silent cage, Grief incarnate had revealed herself. Uttam grimaced as the Red Queen was taken down, not out of shame, but an uneasiness in his stomach. He began to move forward, sickle ready to tear into the White Queen anew, but he was slowed. Every step was heavy, every footfall a thunder. Just what was happening?

Memories were dredged up as he approached. He felt.. love? Uttam hadn't loved, ever. He'd thought some mares were cute, sure, but love was as foreign to him as palm trees to Alaska. He'd seen love, however. Mimsy and Hulkwich, with their never ending wedding bells and their fighting the boss in the raid, all by themselves. Was fighting together love? Or was it silliness? A combination?

He'd probably never know.

Nio Love

NothingYet

Blade Kuroda

MY STATS

My character’s username: SANDSHARK
My character’s level: 100
Character’s HP: 40
Character’s Job Class: Gryphon
Current party: n / a
Current Guild: Penumbra
Small IC description of character: A tall and bony man with a gold trimmed coat and long auburn hair covering his eyepatch. Tends to have a sneer on his face and looks down his nose at people.
Character journal: Here!

Baneful generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 19!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Imperfection was something that he was not fond of. He did not fear it. He did not fear anything. But it encroached upon all his plans with insidious efficiency. The very world itself was imperfect and broken, corruption and ignorance inherent in every being and every creature.

He stood on an open plain, stretching for ever, roofed with a featureless slate grey sky because even his imagination did not care to embellish the world. He was alone because that was how he existed. He was alone but here he was old. His perfection and divinity withered from his flesh, bones broke and muscles ached as his vitality waned. His personas flaked away and were sloughed off like snakeskin, and though in the dream he shifted and changed when he moved like an echo of humanity, just an imprint made of congealed skin tones, genders, weights and height, every single one of them was marred with age, withered and wizened or sagged and drooping.

Looking on he acknowledged his body would become a worn machine, it would cease to function and cease to spring back into shape as conveniently as it had done in the past, a factor which had already begun to present its limitations. What once was blonde ticked silver like a count down. And one day he would find himself a prisoner of that husk, that ageing shell whose decay slowly caught up with the decay of his mind.

He looked on as the body, the bodies, all of accumulated skins and the costumes fell away one by one until all that remained was a creature hardly recognisable as ever being human at all. Long slender skewed bones reached out taut with translucent skin and deeply sunken eyes, milky and blind. Nothing but a lie stretched across a framework of a skeleton, a body where things moved under the surface, a heart still beat but where nothing had ever lived. He did not remember what a human should look like without the skins holding him and a muzzle slid forth, wings, limbs where there should be none slithered free and yet all of them were imperfect and old. He did not understand how to forge a human being on his own, everything he reached out was monstrous and aged.

He was not afraid.

But he knew that one day he would grow old and die. One day he would die, even if it was not from age. It was a certainty, a factual inevitability.

And he might die not knowing what he had never known.

<>

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Divinity
My character's level: 25
Character's HP: 30
Small IC description of character: Tall, extremely pale and slender with delicate features, long slender wings and light clothing.
Character journal: [x]

lizbot

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

kuumeii generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 9!

kuumeii

Snarky Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:28 pm

"You could stay home."

"No, I'm going."

"But your father and I will be so lonely without you here, why can't you just keep going where you go now?"

A look was given to her parents and she puffed out her cheeks at them angrily. It had been hard enough getting accepted and switching school and her mom wasn't making it any easier. At the time she was packing her bag and getting ready, mumbling to herself as she finished, sitting on the suitcase to make it close. "I have to." She said, turning back with a small smile. "You know I have to, even if it's not what you both want, I have to."

A disapproving look crossed her mother's face and she sighed. "Is it that easy for you then?"

Not at all. She stopped and bit her lip, looking away as her stomach turned. It hadn't been easy, not at all. Leaving the friends she knew, her home, her memories... How could that be an easy thing? It might have been the hardest thing she had done but she knew better for herself. Everything was going to be new which was exciting, but also terrified her. What would she do? Would she make friends? It was going into the unknown.

"No." She finally said.

"But I'm going to do it."

MY STATS

My character's username: n0mn0ms
Card: 6 of Hearts
My character's level: 54
Current party: None
Current Guild: None
Small IC description of character: n0mn0ms (aka n0ms) is a 4' 11'' petite girl with white hair, wearing the blue and black uniform of the Chesire Cat. She has bright pink eyes and long black boots made for kicking, with cat tail and ears to go with it.
Character journal: [n0mn0ms log]

chirigami generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 4!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:29 pm
[ 0 damage ]

You know, there had to be some moment of pride when he saw the Red Queen fall and his own still standing. That victory was at hand for the White faction. But that was only so short lived as her form began to morph and change, a hellish creature with extra appendages and now a new mission of sorts. One sinister probably, it was usually how these final forms worked (really... a final form). It kind of reminded him of.... reminded him of.... reminded him ... of...

Green staggered slightly, his head feeling disoriented. Like it was on recap at the beginning of an episode or even a clip show mode, but out of order or sometimes even in reverse. Weird, sometimes fuzzy, key phrases only coming in clearly before they faded into the obscure mess it was becoming.

She was only five years older than him and she always made the point that they remembered that, she was the eldest meaning she had more command and control. More maturity and authority. Hina could discipline them when they weren't eating all their food, or doing their homework properly or nag when they were trying to get into trouble.

She was miniture 'kaa-san two point oh and it got worse when the he left with his sister to Los Angeles. She had more of an upper hand, she paid the rent, she paid for everything (until he got a job and was able to contribute... just a bit) she could say what goes. Always. And had the final word. Just like their mother did in their family. But as much as she was a nag, she could also be simply his sister when she needed to be. Comforting like when he and his first girlfriend had to break up, understanding and flexible when he needed to borrow a few bucks to go hang out with his friends (and possibly get home a little later) and daring like when they would drive to the canyon to go on a hike and mess around. She filled the roles as needed.

But she was his annoying older sister.

MY STATS

User Image
My character's username: GreenRanger
My character's level: 68
Character's Job Class: Royal Gryphon
Current party: Party members here if applicable. You can disband, leave or join a party at any time.
Current Guild: --
Small IC description of character: A tall brown haired humanoid male sportin' the green set of Gryphon attire, and most likely doing stupid poses. While smiling. And humming to himself.
Character journal: here

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

Raja generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 16!

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 pm

It was an odd feeling seeming to freeze up. Sure, he could move, but every portion of his body felt sluggish as he drew closer to the queen. Something had happened to cause this since he'd... sort of tried to avoid things after the incident in that room. But the rather large racket had drug him out of hiding a bit and... perhaps he regretted it?

Still, that in itself was temptation there. Not being able to resist the curiosity of what was happening, even when it was in his best interest to stay out of it. Or well.. maybe not. She was talking about them staying here forever, but... well... oh what now?

OOC
My character's username: tufffluff
My character's level: 51
Character's Job Class: Sentry Caterpillar
Current party: None Currently
Current Guild: None Currently
Small IC description of character: (See image on the left) 5'5" male, and tends to come off as young at a glance. This is partially due to the goofy grin that's probably evident on his face. He has black hair that is messy and tied in the back in a ponytail, his eyes are nearly as dark a black. If there is any 'sheen' to it it's more brownish. A fluffy dog's set of ears and tail are added. Aside from that, he really doesn't look like he'd make a good wall... BUT HE'LL DO HIS BEST.

Roxy_roxanna2 generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 22!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:30 pm
She managed to shake off the stinging memory of her childhood failures and move towards the Queen again determined to lash out at her. Yet she had barely begun to close in on her when another powerful memory swamped her.
~
She somersaulted and landed with her leg already moved out to deliver a sweeping kick to the dummy. The sound of her fathers clapping delighted her and she stood and walked over to take a towel from him. She glowed with pride, in her fathers lessons she had gained confidence and grace, it bled over into all her other endeavors.

"That was excellent Sin, I'm so proud of you."

She beamed at him and gave a gracious tip of her head while sipping some chilled water. Finally she knew that if she worked at it she could manage anything, she wasn't a failure at all. She walked over and hugged her father tight, in a few short months she wouldn't have the chance to do this. Amityville Academy and all it's possibilities lay before her...

~
She jerked faintly caught mildly off guard by the memory and why it should come to her. She'd been at her best in that moment, full of confidence and hope, pride and satisfaction.

MY STATS

[9 of Clubs]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.My character's username: Unmentionable_Tamer
My character's level: 56
Character's Job Class: Insane Mad Hatter
Current party:
Current Guild: [Temptation]
Voluptuous with golden eyes and black hair streaked with pink, this mad hatter is always grinning. Her coat and hat are black with gold trimming, she wears a red top and navy bottoms.
Character journal:[X]

Roxy_roxanna2

Tricky Treater

Blade Kuroda generated a random number between 1 and 22 ... 14!

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:32 pm

Shadowstep shook his head quickly. He really hoped he wouldn't be randomly blurting out things he really should not be saying any more. Rubbing his head, he closed his good eye and let out a slow breath. That was strange. Though, furthermore, he was still feeling slow. Every move he made was difficult, which...really wasn't a good sign.

What was stranger yet, he suddenly saw a flicker of a memory from Uttam, somewhere nearby. Robert and Mimsy and their blasted wedding bells. He had to wonder where Mitsu was in all of this. Was she safe? Soon she probably wouldn't be if they didn't figure a way past through this mess.

While he was trying to fight off the slowing sensation so he could take part in the battle, his vision shifted and the world around changed for just the moment.

Mitsu was there in his arms, staring up at the sky above. She was still breathing, for now, but it labored and slow. There was an odd crack of light in her chest. It wasn't a natural wound in the slightest. There was no blood. Just a blue glow from the opening. It wasn't the only thing about this wound as well. It was slowly eating away her body. The hunters had done this. Some new weapon they had created. He had seen what it does to others, it completely destroyed the body and core.

"Sh-Shun.." she whimpered out weakly. Fear was evident in her voice. In her eyes.

"I'm here, Mitsu.. Stay with me. Please," he pleaded softly. Though, he knew in his heart, time was limited. Incredibly so. There were no more enemies in the area, so he just cradled her closer to him.

"It hurts..."

"Shhh..."

He couldn't bring himself to tell her it was okay. It really wasn't. There wasn't anything he could do be be here for her. Hot tears were welling up in his good eye, blurring his vision. Even with that, he could see that her body was degrading quickly. All this, because he couldn't protect her. And now he was losing her.

The werewolf shuddered in his arms. She had just managed to bring up a hand to touch the side of his face. Most of her had eroded away by that point. Shifting a bit, he reached to take her hand, staring down at her. Moments after he had done so, he felt nothing in his palm. There no longer was any weight resting against him. Only one set deeply in his heart.

She was gone.

Shun recoiled back at that vision, shaken by what he had just seen. He closed his good eye, shaking his head to try and get rid of what he had just witnessed. It hadn't happened. And as far as he was concern, it wouldn't happen.

Would it?

No. The damn Queen. This damn dream. It was all messing with his head again. Likely trying to demoralize him.

Kaiyumi
nio love
Chimarii
Carhop Cavalier

MY STATS

User ImageMy character's username: Shadowstep/Shun Kuroda
My character's level: 100
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: Penumbra
Small IC description of character: A dark haired male wearing a black and red white rabbit herald attire. An eyepatch rests over his left eye. He generally looks unimpressed or rather stern.

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces