Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♣ { SIDE QUEST } The Sugar Cups Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuumeii rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 4, 10 Total: 17 (3-30)

kuumeii

Snarky Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 pm
Ughhh.

It was hot, there was sticky icing here and she was already malcontent. Before she could get very far she felt herself get grabbed and she turned, only to feel a falling sensation as sleep found her. It was a long while before she woke up too, feeling slightly better but frowned none the less. What exactly had happened?

r3d didn't want to know, but she did want to try again. Now doors were mocking her? That wasn't going to sit well at all.

[Attempt 1 Fail]

MY STATS

My character's username: r3dkill
Card: 7 of Spades
My character's level: 13
Character's HP: 30/30
Character's Job Class: Gryphon
Current party: None
Current Guild: None
Small IC description of character: r3dkill (aka r3d) appears as a woman with long, red hair peaking out from her Gryphon hat, wearing a red and black version of the normal class uniform. Feathers stick out of her hat and she has piercing green eyes.
Character journal: [r3dkill log]

molly8972 rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 9, 9 Total: 22 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:27 pm
YourMummy couldn't believe the sheer SIZE of it all. Everything was bigger, even if it was not better. He spots another cheshire this one in a different one, with swirling tattoos and a little hat on his head. He, like the table is positively larger than life. Well great. He says there is a prize in one of these sugar cups. Well then. These things were gigantic….better start looking then.

He approaches the door in front of him. Curious. He tries to open the doors one by one. The first one isn't budging so that wasn't his path. Neither was the second one. Was his journey to end before it even began? Fortunately the third swung open neatly and without squeaking into a dark room. Filled with… bread and butterflies. Great those things.

OOC

My character's username: YourMummy
My character's level: 4
Character's Job Class: White Rabbit
Current party: None Currently
Current Guild: None Currently
Small IC description of character: 6'0" male. Hair is white, long and choppy tied off with some yellowing bandaged strips. Has golden eyes like the color of burnished treasure. Don't be alarmed if you catch a glance of a skeletal foot or some ribs poking out.
Character journal: Here

molly8972

Partying Sophomore

12,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
kuumeii rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 1, 10 Total: 15 (3-30)

kuumeii

Snarky Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:28 pm
She was not going to be bested this time and went for the furthest door this time, grabbing it with a grunt and pulling it open. "Not this time." She whispered under her breath, making a wary set of steps towards it. Had it been the sugar? It would be. That substance was more evil than most things.

[Proceed to Round 3]

MY STATS

Small IC description of character: r3dkill (aka r3d) appears as a woman with long, red hair peaking out from her Gryphon hat, wearing a red and black version of the normal class uniform. Feathers stick out of her hat and she has piercing green eyes.

kuumeii rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 6 Total: 24 (3-30)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 pm
At least it wasn't sugar.

Instead she was surrounded by butterflies. Grunting again she swatted a few out of her way before looking ahead to a box. A box? Approaching it she looked back down at it. Was it more treasure?

Was it good treasure? r3d kicked it open and took her levels, taking the cards again. At least now she could get away from this part of the table. It wasn't that the rest of it was much better, but she wouldn't have to stare at sugar at least. That fact made her content.

[24/15 - Success!]

MY STATS

kuumeii

Snarky Hunter

molly8972 rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 8, 7 Total: 19 (3-30)

molly8972

Partying Sophomore

12,725 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 pm
YourMummy enters the room, full of bread and butterflies. He hears the beatin of wings in the dark, and it is strangely peaceful in the ay. Until one of them hits him in the face. Well then. That was pretty dang rude. He huffed and started to walk forward. He did not get hit once since the initial hit again so he counted himself lucky. He saw a little whinging light and walked up to it. Oh look the treasure! That was easy….

+2 levels
+2 loot

OOC

My character's username: YourMummy
My character's level: 4
Character's Job Class: White Rabbit
Current party: None Currently
Current Guild: None Currently
Small IC description of character: 6'0" male. Hair is white, long and choppy tied off with some yellowing bandaged strips. Has golden eyes like the color of burnished treasure. Don't be alarmed if you catch a glance of a skeletal foot or some ribs poking out.
Character journal: Here

Syrie rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 7, 1 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 am
Wandering further in the veritable maze of the Tea Party Table, RavenousDelirium came to one edge and peered over carefully. He saw the massively scaled Cheshire Cat but paid it no attention - why would he? After all, it couldn't see him!

Or could it? Maybe his invisibility was wearing off? He checked his pocket card and sighed, yep. Almost an hour. Well drat! And he hadn't thought to bring more of the delicious cake pops with him, either!

"Hi." He grumbled and then listened to the creature as it mentioned treasure - who didn't like treasure? A shame, huh? Just as he was about to comment back to the fickle feline, it disappeared as surely as if it had eaten one of the cake pops - but it was more likely it had just vanished completely - that was what Cheshire cats were known for, wasn't it? Being enigmatic arseholes and popping in and out of your range of vision like manic, magical yo-yos?

Whatever. He turned his attention to the sugar-cube ruins and began his exploration with a determined look on his face.

The first door he tried refused to open - no matter how hard he pulled, kicked, cajoled or threatened...Jack-damn it.

OOC

My character's username: RavenousDelirium
My character's level: 16
Character's HP: 30
Character's Job class: Gryphon
Current party: --
Current Guild: --
Small IC description of character:

Tall, lightly muscled with glowing red eyes and dark grey, mottled skin, RavenousDelirium wears the black and white with gold-trim Gryphon-class set though there are many patches and additional "accents" added to the basic set. His dark hair is long and thick, slightly waved from being pinned out of his face and his overly-wide mouth is rarely given to any emotion beyond scorn or smirk.

Character journal: here

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Syrie rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 3, 4 Total: 16 (3-30)

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:50 am
So he would step back and take a moment, smoothing his Gryphon uniform as he brought his heart-rate back to something that didn't surge with violence. There were times (most of the time, actually) that he really hated this place...

This time he decided to try the first door.

It opened easily to RavenousDelirium and he stepped through, already feeling the heat of the room pushing against his flesh...smelling the almost oppressive scent of warm buttercream frosting...

OOC

Tall, lightly muscled with glowing red eyes and dark grey, mottled skin, RavenousDelirium wears the black and white with gold-trim Gryphon-class set though there are many patches and additional "accents" added to the basic set. His dark hair is long and thick, slightly waved from being pinned out of his face and his overly-wide mouth is rarely given to any emotion beyond scorn or smirk.

Syrie rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 7, 8 Total: 25 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:54 am
Inside the tropically sweetened room there were two ladders. One lead upwards, one lead down. He looked at each contemplatively, then at the cookie palm and shook his head.

Seriously weird.

With a sure step Mouth approached the ladder going downwards, but then stopped himself. No, onwards and upwards, right? Wasn't that the quote? He didn't quite remember, but it sounded right so instead of taking the downward dwelling ladder, he went for the other, hauling himself up and up and up--

OW -- until he hit his bloody head and nearly lost his grip on the ladder while muttering a stream of obscenities that would have done Hellma proud.

OOC

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Syrie rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 8, 9 Total: 26 (3-30)

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 am
Halfway down the "upwards" going ladder, RavenousDelirium paused and blinked a bit. Wait...what had he just been doing? Oh, that was right! He had been going up the ladder to see if he could locate the treasure the massive Cheshire Cat had been talking about.

Geeze, why did his head hurt so bad? He shrugged and scaled the ladder quickly, just as before. As he neared the top, he slowed, frowning. This felt amazingly like deja-vu...but that couldn't be! Climbing a ladder was something he would have remembered!

Right? Right!

Instead of slamming into the block above him once more with his head, Mouth reached up gingerly and pushed. And pushed. To no avail. Damn, this was the wrong way!

OOC

My character's username: RavenousDelirium (Mouth)

Syrie rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 8 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:05 am
With his head still aching for no apparent reason, RavenousDelirium made his way down the ladder and started towards the first one...only, it didn't work. Something reached out and grabbed his hand; before he could snap nasty things at it he felt a jarring sensation and was pulled back to a dream from long, long ago, falling asleep quickly and quietly with a smile on his face.

First memories of warm and tasty and safe, he clings tightly to his twin and watches their mother bring food to them. Dessert, oddly enough. It's offered to him first - he's the eldest, the heir, it's his right but he shakes his tiny head and clamps his mouth shut until she sighs and offers it to the other. Only then will he accept a bite; it goes on like that - first for Nahm, then for him - until the meal is done and they can curl together, smiling and with belies full, to sleep.

He wakes slowly, stretching languidly and then blinks around. It's so freaking hot - how did he manage to sleep in this heat?! His clothes are soaked...but wait, where's the sugar cube ruins? There's nothing there now...so why did he feel that heat? It wasn't actually there...nor was the cookie palm, though the faint scent of buttercream frosting did still linger.

"How long was I out? Hey, c'mon pocket thing. Wake up."

It chirped pleasantly at him: [RavenousDelirium was asleep for one (1) hour.]

"Great." He got to his feet, straightened his clothing and then set back through the giant-sized plates and cups, away from the edge that made his head hurt strangely...

OOC

My character's username: RavenousDelirium (Mouth)

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:32 am
Entry

For the moment, IBB was almost enjoying everything on the table being so much larger than her. Almost. Certainly it was interesting to wander amid the cups and plates and platters as if they were all simply part of another forest. Well. Actually, she supposed that was technically the case. It was a thought she’d have to pursue later when she had the time. After a few more moments of walking, she came to the table’s edge and stopped.

Sitting in a gorgeous red chair was a very large blue cat. He wasn’t the same cat she’d encountered before, but clearly he was of the same breed. And he was smiling at her. Oh hey. Horror of Teeth feeling flaring. She was really going to need to seek counseling for this when she got home or woke up or whatever.

As she stood poised and ready to run (just in case, you understand), the cat spoke pleasantly enough, offering her a chance at sweet loot if she simply… explored the sugar cups? Well, it wasn’t the strangest thing she’d been asked to do in game. Really, it sounded simple enough. Granted, the sugar cubes in the cups were big enough to build some new Great Pyramids, but hey.

Nodding her had, she began to approach the cups for inspection. Vaguely, she noticed the cat fading away, feeling it’s eyes on her even after they’d become lost to her sight.

MY STATS

User ImageMy character's username: IttyBittyBatty
Character's Job Class: Mad Hatter
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: 2'8" bat girl with fluffy, white hair, silver eyes, nut-brown skin and a slightly upturned nose. Dressed in default, earth tone Mad Hatter outfit with just a hint of wing membrane peeking out from under the sleeves.
Character journal: Bam!

eldritch stardust rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 2 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:34 am
Round 1

IBB stood for a moment inspecting the doors on the sugar cube cup. Which to choose, which to choose. Knowing her luck, she was going to end up picking the one with some toothy monster waiting to eat her up. Still, she wasn't going to win any treasure just standing here. After another second's thought, she shrugged and aimed for the doorway on the left, pushing it open and walking through.

MY STATS

Small IC description of character: 2'8" bat girl with fluffy, white hair, silver eyes, nut-brown skin and a slightly upturned nose. Dressed in default, earth tone Mad Hatter outfit with just a hint of wing membrane peeking out from under the sleeves.

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

eldritch stardust rolled 3 10-sided dice: 5, 10, 7 Total: 22 (3-30)

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:44 am
Round 2

Upon stepping into the next room, IBB found herself panting and immediately wishing for about a gallon of ice to dump over her head. Glancing up she saw the skylight and had to smile a little. It was nice to know that the sun was still out there shining.

She could for sure do without the sweltering, tropical heat, however. The scent of buttercream icing would have tempted her to steal a lick any other time, but as hot as it was, the idea made her feel faintly ill. So, she instead explored and soon found the ladders. With no hesitation, she went for the ladder going down. Down, in her mind, meant cool and dark. Otherwise, no one would have ever coined the phrase about 'colder than a coal miner's a**'.

MY STATS

eldritch stardust rolled 3 10-sided dice: 3, 6, 4 Total: 13 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:50 am
Round 3

Sighing happily in the dark, IBB's ears twitched and turned as the sound of so many bread and butterflies surrounded her. The treasure was down here somewhere. Unfortunately, as she made a dive for a likely spot, one of the butterflies got right in her way and blocked her.

MY STATS

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

eldritch stardust rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 8, 7 Total: 25 (3-30)

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 am
Round 3 - Try 2

This time when she dove, the butterflies stayed out of her way, content to mill around above her. A small treasure chest appeared and just as quickly was opened.

A winnar was she!

MY STATS

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces