Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply RPFLA Home
Questions, Comments, Concerns : Suggestion Thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:30 pm
Living Eternally
QUESTION

Hello, my name is Living Eternally, and though I do plan on increasing activity here, I'm in the process of making my own Guild with the basis being off of an old roleplay of mine trapped somewhere amount the forums of this Guild. As a Member and not Crew, I am not capable of accessing it; however, I require some information. It would be very helpful if someone could simply copy and send the text of plot, story, rules, concepts, things like that. I'd appreciate it, but of course, it's up to y'all. Here's the thread, and I very much hope you'd be willing to consider aiding me. Thank you for your time.

Has anyone been able to assist you as of yet today?

Forgive me for not responding until now, I just got off work.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:39 pm
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Living Eternally
QUESTION

Hello, my name is Living Eternally, and though I do plan on increasing activity here, I'm in the process of making my own Guild with the basis being off of an old roleplay of mine trapped somewhere amount the forums of this Guild. As a Member and not Crew, I am not capable of accessing it; however, I require some information. It would be very helpful if someone could simply copy and send the text of plot, story, rules, concepts, things like that. I'd appreciate it, but of course, it's up to y'all. Here's the thread, and I very much hope you'd be willing to consider aiding me. Thank you for your time.

no, this is the first anyone has replied  

Weeamoo

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 11:45 pm
Living Eternally
Arrinae Maeya Tsuki
Living Eternally
QUESTION

no, this is the first anyone has replied

Alright I've got to get up for work in five hours so Im heading to bed. As soon as I get off from work tomorrow, its a 10 hour shift, I'll assist you, if one of my fellow crew members don't beat me to it.

I apologize for the delay.  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:03 am
Living Eternally

Arrinae Maeya Tsuki

Terribly sorry about that, bi-product of our archiving efforts.

I've sent all relevant posts to you via PM, if there's anything I missed just let me know.  

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

Arrinae Tsuki

Quotable Phantom

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:36 am
Kou Uraki-shoi
Living Eternally

Arrinae Maeya Tsuki

Terribly sorry about that, bi-product of our archiving efforts.

I've sent all relevant posts to you via PM, if there's anything I missed just let me know.

Thank you, Kou! I appreciate you.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 11:28 am
Hello.

I have a couple of concerns about this new rule being implemented concerning all roleplays. It's the one where everyone has to edit their roleplay titles with these letter in brackets that apparently distinguish the sexualities, and literate levels so that people at a glance can I determine whether or not they would want to join a roleplay.

My first concern is the fact that people won't really know whether they want to join a roleplay or not unless they actually open the thread and take a look at the plot or story.

Not only that, from what I've seen the other threads doing, it is a lot of clutter in the thread title, and I think it takes a lot away from the rp in general, by defining it so specifically.

Last. I personally don't want my rps defined by the sexualities accepted, and for some of them, I don't want people to focus on 'hooking up' because attention was brought to it right off the bat.

Right now I have my rps title descrip "the name(group rp) and accepting or full."

I also have a walk in rp started that I don't think needs all of those letters in brackets to describe my rp, especially without actually checking out the thread.
In the actual thread I clearly state it is a casual rp, so being a beginner through advanced doesn't apply.

However, I do think it is good having an available legend to use for those who find sense in them. I just personally don't think it should be a required use for everyone's rps. Especially if your rp gets locked because you don't want to use them.  

FemmeValentine

Mega Noob

11,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:17 pm
FemmeValentine

Hello, I wanted to let you know that we have seen this and are currently looking into a possible solution.
The intent of the coding system was to help people to have some idea of what RPs were what since they're currently limited to only one sub-forum however he have taken into account what you've said.

I'm sorry I'm not in a position to implement any quick fixes but in the mean time I don't see why your threads would be locked and we will let you know when we have something worked out.  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 9:49 pm
FemmeValentine

Name your rp what you like. If you feel like putting in tags for specific genres, levels, or styles, be our guest. Otherwise, name it whatever. The tags will probably be revised and implemented later on and not something that needs worried about now.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

FemmeValentine

Mega Noob

11,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:23 pm
Novama
FemmeValentine

Name your rp what you like. If you feel like putting in tags for specific genres, levels, or styles, be our guest. Otherwise, name it whatever. The tags will probably be revised and implemented later on and not something that needs worried about now.

Ok. Thank you all~  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 1:50 pm
I like the tagging system. But maybe you guys can make it more broad? Especially since we are all in one subforum (which I like by the way)

Like maybe literacy level accepted. Genre and if it's open or full.

That way if we are looking for an action roleplay with beginner lit. we can find which ones are like that and which of those are open or not.

I don't think tagging will stop people like me from taking a look at the rp. I lurk a lot and participate every once in awhile.

I have some ideas, but everything has been so messy I think it would just get lost. Until the guild is cleaned up I'm not putting my Roleplay's up.  

No Smoking Period

wise_ninja_person

Aekea Survivor

19,440 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 am
(pardon me if this makes no sense)
I think there should be a directory thread in the main forum where the rules of the guild, greeting, and suggestion threads are. Personally, I'm new-ish to the guild, and I get overwhelmed easily. Seeing all of the U/C forums with random other titles in between at different intervals freaks me out. I'm scared to look into any of them because the ones that catch my interest all have error messages because I'm not in the Crew.

I'm not asking to be let into any of the restricted forums, but if the forums could be arranged in some way so they make sense? Or if there could be a directory of what any of those forums are supposed to mean, I would be greatly appreciative.
I've read through all of the previous suggestions in this thread, and I really like the improvements that seemed to have been made back in 2013. However, I wasn't a member back then, and I don't really see the organization that seemed to have been accomplished?

I just like order, and I think it would be very helpful to new members to have a sort of table of contents for the forums that's in an obvious and easy to find place (like the main forum)

(btw, sorry if any of my terminology is wrong... I'm not used to dealing with forums, sub-forums, threads, etc. Trying to keep the hierarchy of the terms correct isn't one of my strong suits sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 am
wise_ninja_person
(pardon me if this makes no sense)
I think there should be a directory thread in the main forum where the rules of the guild, greeting, and suggestion threads are. Personally, I'm new-ish to the guild, and I get overwhelmed easily. Seeing all of the U/C forums with random other titles in between at different intervals freaks me out. I'm scared to look into any of them because the ones that catch my interest all have error messages because I'm not in the Crew.

I'm not asking to be let into any of the restricted forums, but if the forums could be arranged in some way so they make sense? Or if there could be a directory of what any of those forums are supposed to mean, I would be greatly appreciative.
I've read through all of the previous suggestions in this thread, and I really like the improvements that seemed to have been made back in 2013. However, I wasn't a member back then, and I don't really see the organization that seemed to have been accomplished?

I just like order, and I think it would be very helpful to new members to have a sort of table of contents for the forums that's in an obvious and easy to find place (like the main forum)

(btw, sorry if any of my terminology is wrong... I'm not used to dealing with forums, sub-forums, threads, etc. Trying to keep the hierarchy of the terms correct isn't one of my strong suits sweatdrop )

Unfortunately we can't shuffle the order of the forums easily. However, I can make a directory, so I did.

Hope this helps: the directory  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

wise_ninja_person

Aekea Survivor

19,440 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:29 am
Novama
wise_ninja_person

Unfortunately we can't shuffle the order of the forums easily. However, I can make a directory, so I did.

Thanks so much! That's really helpful! biggrin
What are all the U/C forums, out of curiosity?  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:35 am
wise_ninja_person
Novama
wise_ninja_person

Thanks so much! That's really helpful! biggrin

Several years ago, the guild had a lot more activity. There were too many threads for one forum. We created several genres of rp'ing. Each forum was full of rp's dedicated to its genre. With the decline in activity that followed in later years, we scaled back to bring everyone back together and focused. Currently, the U/C's are all forums full of those old rp's that crew members are going through and sorting. In time, they will be reopened as necessary.  

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

wise_ninja_person

Aekea Survivor

19,440 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:52 am
Novama
wise_ninja_person

Several years ago, the guild had a lot more activity. There were too many threads for one forum. We created several genres of rp'ing. Each forum was full of rp's dedicated to its genre. With the decline in activity that followed in later years, we scaled back to bring everyone back together and focused. Currently, the U/C's are all forums full of those old rp's that crew members are going through and sorting. In time, they will be reopened as necessary.

Gotcha'! Thanks so much, again! mrgreen  
RPFLA Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces