Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[Pathfinder] Shadows of the Last War [Preparing for Launch] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverAnubis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:06 am
Disciple of Sakura
SilverAnubis
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348963

My completed character sheet with his background. Ask if you have questions about something.

Okay... Stats are off. I'm assuming you put your human +2 into CON and your stat-bump into Wisdom, which leads your base stats to be:
12 = 2 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
10 = 0 points
-------------------
xx = 22 points / 25 points

You've overspent by 3,100 gp, and that's just your weapon and armor, not ammunition, adventuring gear, etc. Your bow, for example, costs 8500 gp, and your armor costs 5100 gp. You only have 10500 to spend, so that's too much right there. Don't forget that a weapon must have a +1 enhancement bonus before you add abilities such as corrosive.

You should probably go ahead and replace the Armor Expert trait, as it doesn't benefit you at all unless you're eventually planning on upgrading to a different armor type.

Your skill points are really underspent. As a human cleric with a 14 INT, you should have at least 5 skill points per level - 6 if you take your favored class bonus as skill points rather than HP or the bonus to CL checks to overcome outsider SR.

As a good aligned cleric, I'd also recommend against preparing the various cure spells, as you can spontaneously convert whatever else you have into cure spells anyway. That gives you a lot more options.

Do you know much about the world setting of Eberron? I ask, as I'm curious to know what country you may have served in the Last War. If you'd like a few tips or ideas, feel free to ask. I'm sure folks around here would be more than happy to provide assistance or suggestions. Your background is fine - I just figure it might not be a bad idea to tie yourself to an actual country, since that's how a lot of people associate themselves in the world.

I never usually got to play in a eberron campaign really so i need assistance with that part as much as i can get, i shall fix the things right away  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:34 am
I has fixed whatever i could, you might want to check it still just in case i missed something important since your the DM.

Andrew Alexander Meclamesh  

SilverAnubis

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:05 pm
SilverAnubis
Disciple of Sakura
SilverAnubis

My completed character sheet with his background. Ask if you have questions about something.

Okay... Stats are off. I'm assuming you put your human +2 into CON and your stat-bump into Wisdom, which leads your base stats to be:
12 = 2 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
10 = 0 points
-------------------

You've overspent by 3,100 gp, and that's just your weapon and armor, not ammunition, adventuring gear, etc. Your bow, for example, costs 8500 gp, and your armor costs 5100 gp. You only have 10500 to spend, so that's too much right there. Don't forget that a weapon must have a +1 enhancement bonus before you add abilities such as corrosive.

You should probably go ahead and replace the Armor Expert trait, as it doesn't benefit you at all unless you're eventually planning on upgrading to a different armor type.

Your skill points are really underspent. As a human cleric with a 14 INT, you should have at least 5 skill points per level - 6 if you take your favored class bonus as skill points rather than HP or the bonus to CL checks to overcome outsider SR.

As a good aligned cleric, I'd also recommend against preparing the various cure spells, as you can spontaneously convert whatever else you have into cure spells anyway. That gives you a lot more options.

Do you know much about the world setting of Eberron? I ask, as I'm curious to know what country you may have served in the Last War. If you'd like a few tips or ideas, feel free to ask. I'm sure folks around here would be more than happy to provide assistance or suggestions. Your background is fine - I just figure it might not be a bad idea to tie yourself to an actual country, since that's how a lot of people associate themselves in the world.

I never usually got to play in a eberron campaign really so i need assistance with that part as much as i can get, i shall fix the things right away

Sakura mentioned earlier about non-affiliated clerics channeling the essense of Syberis(dead progenitor dragon), but the deities of the Sovereign Host(which can be worshipped as a whole) also have draconic aspects that are more or less canonical in-game, depending on what a given character believes.

As for National origins, Thrane is a theocracy run by the church of the Silver Flame, and Andrew would be labeled a heretic pretty quick if he were from there. Most other Nations are more secular, leaning toward worship of the Sovereign Host. The Nation of Cyre done got blowed up, so anyone from there has some instant background drama.
Karrns (from Karrnath) are more militant and donate their bodies to join the zombie corps upon death. People from Breland are industrious and used to rainy climate.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:38 pm
Here you go guys, to make point buy easier on you: 3.5 and Pathfinder Point buy Calculator.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Vampfighter1
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:48 pm
Those edits should fix it.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:13 pm
Arc Vembris
SilverAnubis
Disciple of Sakura
SilverAnubis

12 = 2 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
14 = 5 points
10 = 0 points
-------------------

Sakura mentioned earlier about non-affiliated clerics channeling the essense of Syberis(dead progenitor dragon), but the deities of the Sovereign Host(which can be worshipped as a whole) also have draconic aspects that are more or less canonical in-game, depending on what a given character believes.

As for National origins, Thrane is a theocracy run by the church of the Silver Flame, and Andrew would be labeled a heretic pretty quick if he were from there. Most other Nations are more secular, leaning toward worship of the Sovereign Host. The Nation of Cyre done got blowed up, so anyone from there has some instant background drama.
Karrns (from Karrnath) are more militant and donate their bodies to join the zombie corps upon death. People from Breland are industrious and used to rainy climate.

Andrew would probably be from Breland since its industrious. As for the deity, he would probably be channeling the draconic essence of syberis.(if thats allowed)  

SilverAnubis

RafeRavel

Dangerous Survivor

6,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 pm
Disciple of Sakura
RafeRavel
Rolling for health, and history on the way! :3

Aggre Dion, Human Fighter

You've underspent on your ability score points - assuming you've accounted for your human +2 to a stat and your level bump at fourth, you've only spent 21 points.

By my count, before adventuring gear, you only have 1280gp left, so your remaining cash wouldn't allow for 140 pp (1400 gp), so we'll have to reevaluate your gold spent.

You call out that you have 4 skill points from your favored class, but where's the 5th favored class bump going? You should also have more skill points ( 5(2+2 INT + 1 human) + 4 favored class = 29) available to you.

Well, assuming that I pit the +2 into Dex, and the 4th bump in Wis, I did underspend, but I count 22 as follows:
14 = 5
14 = 5
14 = 5
14 = 5
10 = 0
12 = 2
----------
Total: 22

But I will fix that now. smile

As for the gold, I think I must have been tired, because I looked at my paper calculations from the time, and they say the same thing. What I'll probably do is just cut it down to an easy to account for number, probably significantly under what I actually have left.

And the skills, I must have forgot my Human Bonus each level.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm
Just popping in to say I'm still around ninja  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:19 am
Okay... I think I've reviewed everyone's characters so far. Have I missed anyone so far?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:40 pm
I think ye missed my character's review.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:34 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart

Right you are I haven't reviewed this one yet...

Lessee... Assuming you put your 4th level bump and half-elven +2 into your INT to get the 18... you've only spent 22 points, not 25.

You should definitely know more languages (at least three plus Elven), and I don't see anything indicating what spells are in your spellbook (should have 10 first level spells and 4 second level spells by default, assuming you started with a 17 INT before 4th level).

Not sure what "Ioun's Torch" is (I assume an Ioun Stone with an Everburning Torch effect on it), but you could still spend that 2k you've got in the bank. Any particular reason for not spending that?

Where did you put your half-elf bonus? I assume HP, since your skillpoints don't seem to account for them.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:33 pm
I BELIEVE you reviewed mine, but since it was a few pages back and I haven't received a reply on it I'll go ahead and repost just to be sure

Aden Agrona, Half-elf Summoner

Faolan, Adens Eidolon

As I said before, being able to pilot our ship with Aden's Storm Mark, I took some liberties with how the ship came into our possession in the character description. If you had something else in mind though I can easily change the details.  

iLL iNTENT

Fuzzy Lunatic

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 pm
iLL iNTENT
I BELIEVE you reviewed mine, but since it was a few pages back and I haven't received a reply on it I'll go ahead and repost just to be sure

Aden Agrona, Half-elf Summoner

Faolan, Adens Eidolon

As I said before, being able to pilot our ship with Aden's Storm Mark, I took some liberties with how the ship came into our possession in the character description. If you had something else in mind though I can easily change the details.

Shoot. I knew I'd seen yours around, but I hadn't found it while I was looking for entries to review. I'll get to work on this one tomorrow. Off to bed for me tonight, though...  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:59 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Keith Valken Lionheart

Right you are I haven't reviewed this one yet...

Lessee... Assuming you put your 4th level bump and half-elven +2 into your INT to get the 18... you've only spent 22 points, not 25.

You should definitely know more languages (at least three plus Elven), and I don't see anything indicating what spells are in your spellbook (should have 10 first level spells and 4 second level spells by default, assuming you started with a 17 INT before 4th level).

Not sure what "Ioun's Torch" is (I assume an Ioun Stone with an Everburning Torch effect on it), but you could still spend that 2k you've got in the bank. Any particular reason for not spending that?

Where did you put your half-elf bonus? I assume HP, since your skillpoints don't seem to account for them.
The +2 did go into Intelligence. A score of 14 costs 5 points. 14 on Str, Con and Dex means that's 15. A score of 16 costs 10 points. That's 25, unless my math is incorrect. I forgot about my +1 to any score from level 4, though.

As for the Ioun's Torch, it's right here, on the table on the right, the first item, that costs a cheap 75 gold.

About the spells, I wrote the ones in my spellbook on the spells table. I think it's fixed.

And my Favored class bonus did go into HP.  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:36 am
Keith Valken Lionheart
The +2 did go into Intelligence. A score of 14 costs 5 points. 14 on Str, Con and Dex means that's 15. A score of 16 costs 10 points. That's 25, unless my math is incorrect. I forgot about my +1 to any score from level 4, though.

As for the Ioun's Torch, it's right here, on the table on the right, the first item, that costs a cheap 75 gold.

About the spells, I wrote the ones in my spellbook on the spells table. I think it's fixed.

And my Favored class bonus did go into HP.
Yeah, if your +1 @ 4th had already been in your stats, your INT had been a 15, so my math was right under that assumption. razz

Ioun's Torches are cheaper than everburning torches and mechanically better. Sounds about right for Paizo... Glad to know that they exist.

Cool enough.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces