Submit

Are L's eyes awesome?
  Oh, yeaaaahhhh...
  No, they're stupid and creepy
  I...don't care
View Results

CoverMeInYourBlood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 am
Their yummi! You can never read him by looking at his eyes!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 pm
Hmmmm.. either no sleep, high sugar intake, or both....... combined xD  

Lady Pureblood

Shiho Yuki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:37 pm
panda eyes!!!1  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:28 pm
Sorry if someone already posted this, but this is a direct quiote from How to Read 13. Takeshi Obata's production notes about L:

My editor mentioned that I should make his face capable of looking cool based on the angle. To me, bags under the eyes can be cool... For example, the main character in Devil Man, Akira Fudou, has bags, and I thought they really looked cool. Also, one concept was that he had "dead eyes," so I gave him mostly no eyebrows and all-black eyes. Black eyes usually make a character look goofier, but the bags help sharpen the character's gaze. You get a feeling of mystery, or that you can't tell what the character is thinking, and I really liked that. Also, the bags under his eyes bring out a lot of speculation about his lifestyle and his past; I later realized just how useful they are. In Obha-sensei's thumbnails, L didn't have bags: he was a very plain face with no expression [laughs]. It was great and I wish I could have used it as is.

Lian Shuang

Wistful Dreamer

33,350 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

WolfTeeth-x

Dapper Werewolf

8,100 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:28 pm
I always think it's eyeliner L is wearing. But, now that you mention the lack of sleep...maybe it is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:33 am
Is is more than likely lack of sleep from constant sugar craving O_O But also, while reading DN 13, Takeshi Obata says that he was trying to make L look somewhat outlandish. So there you have it. And yet, he has hoards of fangirls/boys xP  

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

Fengaroo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:12 pm
Well, the fact that L is a magjor sugar addict might be the reason to the shadows under his eyes. Up all night trying to solve a case with sugar crashes. I'd have bags under my eyes too. The thought of Kira winning and killing you at the back of your mind, every second. I'm kinda suprise L isn't paranoid... My props to L! mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:57 am
yeah, it's probably lack of sleep... or to make him look different... we all know he is... wink  

SeraphicAssassin

AinAlice

2,600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:54 pm
Yes, they are certainly very very awesomeness..! XD But I'm not sure if it IS lack of sleep....hmm....  
Death Note Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff