Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 am
TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl
gonk I failz @ lerigion.

Oh god... that spelling made me twitch.

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to redface  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:06 am
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl
gonk I failz @ lerigion.

Oh god... that spelling made me twitch.

Oops, sorry, didn't mean to redface
Don't worry about it. I know it was a joke... it's just... it really pwned my dyslexia for a moment.  

TeaDidikai

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Cyrus the Elder
RubyLight
I have a stupid qusetion. sweatdrop
I'm an Asatruar in training, developing an ecclectic magical system, and I honor two other personal deities. Please note that I practice all of the above seperately. Do you think there is a point where a practice must be abandoned in favor of another? Or is this not an issue as long as I don't mix my ecclectic thing with Asatru practices?

Holy flying carps of Corinth! I'm doing practically the exact same thing xd (but three other deities instead of two ninja )

*lurks and waits for an informed answer to the question* whee

Last I checked, the Norse don't have an exclusive tradition the way some gods do. (I'm looking at you YHVH. stare )

So, being Asatru and having other deities isn't something I would bat an eye at- though it may depend on the deities in question.

As for the magical system- it's spelled eclectic! gonk

To be frank, this isn't too unlike Deo's thing. I mean- point to the part of the Eddas that talks about seeing auras. It's lack of presence doesn't change the fact that she sees them. ninja

I'd consider the nature of the eclecticism as usual- and if I were you I would attempt to find elements within your primary tradition that would fill the role before I would turn to other traditions- but that's because there's something to be said for consistency.

This is pretty-much how I thought it would go, but it never hurts to get clarification 3nodding

Thanks Tea heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:08 pm
The cosmologies don't conflict. Also, I don't really have a primary tradition. sweatdrop I just practice both at the same time (seperately). I apologize for the spelling error.

I'm a little surprised and relieved to hear that others are in a similar position.
Thanks guys! whee  

RubyLight

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:09 pm
Cyrus the Elder
This is pretty-much how I thought it would go, but it never hurts to get clarification 3nodding

Thanks Tea heart
No prob.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm
I have a stupid, possible insulting question. I don't mean it to be.

Are we supposed to take everything we do seriously? Every ritual, every rite, are we supposed to be completely serious?

I mean, for someone who is on a "normal" path, that is. Discordianism doesn't really... have an issue with me thinking I'm sort of ridiculous when I do something.

I don't mean to encroach on anything oathbound, either. I've never been such, so I don't know. This comes from complete ignorance, since I've never taken religion as seriously as some do. I honestly believe in the ideas of the deities, but cannot believe in them themselves. I believe in revering the idea of chaos, for instance, but don't believe Eris herself is real. I've never *really* believed a God or Goddess existed since I was a Christian, and since then have just been trying to have fun, while of course learning history. I love history <3

Am I seeing it how a lot of people do, or do you all actually believe in your deities?

I hope that all made sense.  

Amy Winehouse

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:02 pm
Amy Winehouse

Are we supposed to take everything we do seriously? Every ritual, every rite, are we supposed to be completely serious?
While I won't speak for the Wica, I will point out that there is a statement within the faith. "All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals".

Whatever this means to the other Wica on this forum, my friends in real life suggest that their goddess is present in laughter, even that from screw ups and practical jokes.

Quote:
Am I seeing it how a lot of people do, or do you all actually believe in your deities?
As a monistic hard polytheist, I believe deities exist as independent individuals. Some of your notions as to what a deity might be may not apply to my gods- but that's fine.

Quote:
Pretty much. Ever thought about blending in your Discordanism with Jungian (or other psychologist) based Chaos Magic?  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:05 pm
TeaDidikai
Amy Winehouse

While I won't speak for the Wica, I will point out that there is a statement within the faith. "All acts of love and pleasure are my rituals".

Whatever this means to the other Wica on this forum, my friends in real life suggest that their goddess is present in laughter, even that from screw ups and practical jokes.

Quote:
As a monistic hard polytheist, I believe deities exist as independent individuals. Some of your notions as to what a deity might be may not apply to my gods- but that's fine.

Quote:
Pretty much. Ever thought about blending in your Discordanism with Jungian (or other psychologist) based Chaos Magic?

I'll hang my head in shame and admit I don't know about Jungian Chaos Magic. I always mean to study every aspect of my personal beliefs, but things got crazy once I found Discordianism.
Of course.

Are there any links or anything you'd suggest that would set me on my way to learning more? I'm googling for some now, but I hope you have very good ones somewhere. smile  

Amy Winehouse

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:18 pm
Amy Winehouse
I'll hang my head in shame and admit I don't know about Jungian Chaos Magic. I always mean to study every aspect of my personal beliefs, but things got crazy once I found Discordianism.
Of course.

Are there any links or anything you'd suggest that would set me on my way to learning more? I'm googling for some now, but I hope you have very good ones somewhere. smile
Start with Liber Chaos (or however the hell he spelled it) then take some Archetypal Psychology and shove it in there for good measure drawing on Archetypes as personas for evocation.

Just leave out the deity names that are used in Comp theology classes. It pisses off the Hard Polytheists... and some of the gods.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:21 pm
TeaDidikai
Amy Winehouse
Of course.

Start with Liber Chaos (or however the hell he spelled it) then take some Archetypal Psychology and shove it in there for good measure drawing on Archetypes as personas for evocation.

Just leave out the deity names that are used in Comp theology classes. It pisses off the Hard Polytheists... and some of the gods.

Ha ha, will do. Thank you so much. biggrin

I have always freaking loved this guild, every member contains such a wealth of information.  

Amy Winehouse

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:54 pm
Amy Winehouse

I have always freaking loved this guild, every member contains such a wealth of information.
What was your old account? Not that I could say if I was even a member at the time you were on.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:40 am
TeaDidikai
Amy Winehouse

What was your old account? Not that I could say if I was even a member at the time you were on.

I have a lot. It could have been a mule for all I know. I have Ranty McRant, Ubuntu Linux... Uh. Fuxking Banned!. Which, of course, I believe is banned from Gaia. Holier Than Mel Gibson.
I don't remember. I usually get a new account every few months.  

Amy Winehouse

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:17 pm
Amy Winehouse
TeaDidikai
Amy Winehouse

I have a lot. It could have been a mule for all I know. I have Ranty McRant, Ubuntu Linux... Uh. Fuxking Banned!. Which, of course, I believe is banned from Gaia. Holier Than Mel Gibson.
I don't remember. I usually get a new account every few months.
Ah. Fair enough.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:06 pm
I'm not sure where else to ask this. I think I may have found a source text for what I'm trying to find information on. Problem is it's in french. I know some rudimentary french, enough that if spoken slowly I can follow a conversation. But I am not up to an academic text. So my question is, deos any one know of a decent traslation engine I could use?  

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:24 pm
Amy Winehouse
Well, not being on your path, I can't tell you what you are supposed to do. wink Nor can I tell you what we are supposed to do because pagans are not a monolithic group. But I don't take everything I do seriously. Some things are more serious than others, yes. But my gods do some pretty funny things sometimes, and I do some pretty funny things sometimes, and laughter, joy, and silliness are just as appropriate moods for offerings and ceremonies as solemnity. I do try to take everything I do seriously in the sense of being mindful of my actions and intentions.

Amy Winehouse
My path is, however, "serious" in that I do take it as truth that my gods exist. As well as other people's. And that mine are not cookie-cutter substitutes of anyone else's.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff