Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♠ { MAIN QUEST 1 } Closes TONIGHT at 11:59 PM PST Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:13 pm
Big was lost. So lost that he was on the verge of taking a seat in the dirt and contemplating his next move in relative comfort when he saw it. That riddle tree with the ambiguous friends. No. He was not stopping for that tree again, no matter what.

Quote:
6: You reach a long, slender tree and it looks quite ordinary. "Hello," says the long slender tree. "I have a small question. I have two friends, Dilly, Milly, and Nilly. Nilly is taller than Dilly, but shorter than me. Dilly is shorter than Milly but taller than me. How tall am I?"

If you answer as truthfully as you can the tree says "No, why, I do not think that's the answer at all. You are very wrong."

If you tell them you do not know the tree gloats. "Why, I didn't think you would. It proves I am the better tree." But you are not a tree at all!

Big's Stats
User ImageMy character's username: BigIdeas
My character's level: 1
Character's HP: 30/30
Character's Job Class: Cheshire Cat
Current Party:
Current Guild:

A wallflower of a Cheshire Cat, you might not even notice Big is nearby until he tries to awkwardly butt in on your conversation or does something stupid. There are only a few people he's interested in out of more than scientific curiosity, so if he seems a little cold, you shouldn't let it bother you. Besides being dressed in the default outfit for his class, Big looks like the poster child for some sort of wholesome bread campaign.

Character journal: x

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:15 pm
Safely out of the riddle tree's sight, Big soon came upon a very strange set of what appeared to be hovering teeth.

"No stranger than anything else around here," he muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

After delivering a vaguely ominous message, the smile faded into the air. This whole dream was turning out to be rather disappointing in the grand scheme of things, with all of the lack of examining the inner workings of some of these plants he was doing.

He moved on.

Quote:
10: You reach a tree and on top of it is a smiling set of teeth. Not the tree itself, just on top of it. "You seem a little lost", says the smiling set of teeth, "but not to worry. Everyone's quite lost here. I hope you find your way, there's so much more for you to get lost in."

Before you can ask what it means, it is gone.

Big's Stats
Current Party:
Current Guild:

A wallflower of a Cheshire Cat, you might not even notice Big is nearby until he tries to awkwardly butt in on your conversation or does something stupid. There are only a few people he's interested in out of more than scientific curiosity, so if he seems a little cold, you shouldn't let it bother you. Besides being dressed in the default outfit for his class, Big looks like the poster child for some sort of wholesome bread campaign.

Smerdle

Scamp

Smerdle rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:16 pm
He came upon his final tree with trepidation, slowing his forward progress significantly when it began talking of its potentially sappy nostrils. What in the Jack was wrong with this place?

"I assure you that I am uninterested in your nose and its contents. If you don't mind, I'll just be moving along now."

It didn't mind.

Big plodded along for a time, smiling faintly when he saw the sign post again.

"I did it, didn't I?" he said once he got within range. "Five trees, and I even found an interesting shard of some sort."

"That you have. You have certainly earned your freedom."

He didn't notice anything beyond the post's refusal to speak, but when he moved on, Big found he was no longer chained to familiar ground.

[ exiting ]

Quote:
1: The first tree is a long tree, and bends down to look at you with hollow sleepy eyes as you reach over. "Oh, please, you're not putting your hand in my nose are you? That's so very disgusting, and I'm afraid I haven't cleaned up yet. Very disgusting indeed. Come back again when I'm clean."

When you come back the tree is gone.

Big's Stats
Current Party:
Current Guild:

Toshihiko Two rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm
When he falls, the pit is not full of fire. So, that's good. He knows it's a dream this time, at least. He has the feeling that nice things will happen.

He falls a very long way. But the fall is gentle, and the landing is surprisingly soft. He dusts himself off. He does not usually take strange drinks, but as long as he's gotten this far, and so far, everything has been- well. Okay. Nice. He drinks.

When he wakes up again, he is in a very strange wood.

There are others, and the trees talk, and wonders how he could have gotten so lost. There are signs, but their labeling is...conflicting. Music. Eyes. It's sort of overwhelming. But not violent, at least. This gives him some hope. It is...a sort of a game? Yes, a game. Not so bad. He'd be alright with playing. It's an odd sort of dream. And there are options. He listens carefully to the sign, and makes a few selections- this type, this jacket, and a name. The name is a little joke.

The sign tells him to explore a bit, and cautions that the trees are shy.

"I'll try not to startle them," he says very softly, and sympathizes.

The path is as winding and strange as the trees, and seems to shift- but there is a tree he can not ignore, sounds which he think might be laughter but send shivers of alarm through him anyway, in case- in case- and the tree he finds is broken, and sobbing bitterly.

"Someone's...has someone hurt you?" he asks.

"I'm so very sad", says the broken tree. "So, so very sad indeed. I left my glasses around here and now I can't find them. Can you help me out?"

MY STATS

My character's username: Rodnent
Character's Job Class: Dormouse
Current party: none
Current Guild: none
Small IC description of character: Very pale, gloomy looking young man with medium-length hair and all-grey clothes. He has two wings, also grey, one feathery, one leathery, both a bit worn.
Character journal: Here!

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 pm
[helps if I roll]  
prolixity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm
Quote:
5: You reach a willow tree and you can barely see its eyes through the giant slew of willows. It shakes its head furiously, leaves rain down, and refuses you let you go any closer, batting you with its leaves. Ow!

That tree had eyes. Was that what the sign had meant? were these trees sentient? InvisibleDog suddenly felt kind of weird about having sat on the stump. Had he just sat on a corpse? Okay, that was disturbing to think about and he was just going to go investigate this willow tree instead.

The tree didn't agree with this plan, and InvisibleDog retreated after a few attempts to get closer and maybe talk to it were met with a hail of leaves and whipping branches.

[Roll 2]

MY STATS

My character's username: InvisibleDog
Character's HP: /30
Current party: -
Current Guild: -
Small IC description of character: Tall male with light skin, short purple hair, and hazel eyes. He wears white mouse ears and a pair of tiny white feathered wings. His Dormouse coat is white.
Character journal: Log

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Toshihiko Two rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 pm
"Yes," Rodney says, "I'll look. Don't worry," and he does look. With great care and diligence, he combs the roots of the tree, the surrounding area, and does not give up, even when it shifts.

"You're alright," he tells it.

At last he finds the gleam of metal, and is very concerned- can the tree live much longer like this? But he stands, and carefully clears the lenses with his shirt.

"Do you need...a doctor?" He paused, "or a dendrologist?"

Quote:

If you help it out, search around the tree for glasses! Roll 1d4. If you roll a 4 you succeed in finding its glasses. It is super excited as you hand it back. "Thank you, oh my goodness, thank you indeed. Here, have this." It gives you a fragment and insists on giving you a hug, but the hug is very prickly and not very nice at all. +1 Fragment.

Rodnent is not sure what to make of the fragment. But he pats the tree, even if the hug is uncomfortable.

MY STATS

My character's username: Rodnent
Current party: none
Current Guild: none
Small IC description of character: Very pale, gloomy looking young man with medium-length hair and all-grey clothes. He has two wings, also grey, one feathery, one leathery, both a bit worn.
Character journal: Here!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:21 pm
KingREX was not used to this, most of the time there was dreams of giant parks not..... colorful woods like this. It was disconcerting. NO less that a sign was speaking to him but it was a dream after all.

After a sigh and the flop of the bunny ears, that he just didn't bother to question yet, he decided to continue along with the request and make friends with nature.

OOC

My character's username: KingREX
Character's HP: 30
Current party: going it solo!
Current Guild: ALL ALONE :c
Small IC description of character:

Lithe and brown and green of eye and fast footed, KingRex enjoys his proper class attire of mother of peal and accents of Jade. Fluffed and layered chocolate locks does not take away from the wild eyed and manic adventurer.

Character journal: here

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

naggeela rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

naggeela

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:24 pm
HotRocks looked for those glasses in many places near the tree. But no matter how hard she looked those glasses were so totally lost. Totally a waste of time and I should have just yelled a the tree for losing them instead of being nice in trying to find them. It would have made me feel a little better, HotRocks thought to herself as she walked off to do some more exploring and to get more treasure. It felt good to level up too, but still mad at all these stupid trees.

(Looking for glasses)

MY STATS

My character's username: HotRocks
Character's Job Class: Gryphon
Current party: None
Current Guild: None
Small IC description of character: Short dark red hair, black tail, red,a small pair of black/red wings and black claw padded feets wearing the red and blue Gryphon clothing. Pink eyes with black Sclera.
Character journal: Here

prolixity rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:25 pm
Quote:
10: You reach a tree and on top of it is a smiling set of teeth. Not the tree itself, just on top of it. "You seem a little lost", says the smiling set of teeth, "but not to worry. Everyone's quite lost here. I hope you find your way, there's so much more for you to get lost in."

Before you can ask what it means, it is gone.

InvisibleDog stared at the spot where a toothy smile had been a moment before. "I thought that was a job class," he said, mostly to himself, and then, "Does that mean that we're going to meet the other ones, too?"

[Roll 3]

MY STATS

My character's username: InvisibleDog
Character's HP: /30
Current party: -
Current Guild: -
Small IC description of character: Tall male with light skin, short purple hair, and hazel eyes. He wears white mouse ears and a pair of tiny white feathered wings. His Dormouse coat is white.
Character journal: Log

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 pm
((entering))

Dreams were something Shaheen wasn't even aware she could still have. Nightmares. That was what made up every single night she slept. The insanity that had been afflicting her for the last two years would give her no respite, though at least she had eventually gotten used to them, even if at times she still awoke in a cold sweat, gasping for breath, sure that this time...this time it had been absolutely real.

Just as real as this dream seemed to be. It was pleasant, but she knew not to be fooled. Any nightmare could start out innocently enough. There was, however, something...slightly off about it. Something in the feel of the atmosphere perhaps. Certainly she had never dreamed about falling down a rabbit hole before, or drinking from a strange looking bottle. She most definitely had never found herself sporting a ridiculous looking blue outfit after speaking to a strange girl, with ears atop her head and a tail thrashing behind. A lioness she might be, but a blue cat?

Never.

"Strange." WarQueen murmured to herself, examining her claws with a frown before looking around and making her way towards the obvious course. Woods were attractive to her, and she longed to fly towards them, to perch in those multicolored branches to get a better view of her surroundings. Wings stretched out behind her, her legs tensing. She jumped.

....She landed. She couldn't fly. "Arrrrghhhhhh!" A long groan accompanied the realization.

Well, her legs had never failed her before in situations like these. With a scowl, she continued onward, towards the woods, into them, watching the land shift, staring back at eyes that peered at her, frowning at them all.

This was ridiculous.

A sign with a marking over top drew her attention, and she approached it, noticing with a glance that there were others. Nobody recognizable. All with names clearly displayed above them. Something to investigate more later, perhaps. For now, however, the sign.

It was surprising enough when it spoke to her, but when it gave her a mission, one that mentioned fragments, her attention immediately become piqued. Fragments. The journey through the labyrinth. Red. Destruction. Was this the answer to the riddle Medea had given her and Shikoba to solve? Was this....not just a regular dream? Was he here??

She gave her head a shake. The fragments first. All else could wait.

MY STATS

My character's username: WarQueen
Current party: na
Current Guild: na
Small IC description of character: Avvy >_>
Character journal: Here~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 pm
(( Entering! ))

He wasn't very much for the sensation of falling. Least for that long. A short trip? Sure. Bucket of laughs. A long trip? Not so much. Even after landing, he was pretty sure his stomach was somewhere back at the entrance of the hole. It hadn't been a rushed fall, but a fall was a fall. But there was the bottle. The instruction. He could almost hear Ed ruffle his feathers and grumble about how he shouldn't trust strange bottles as he picked it up, took a swing. What harm could a labeled drink do to him in a dream?

Username? Uh. "Partridge_in_a_Skulltree," he stated quickly, head cocked to the side as the AI took a moment to confirm that, yes, the username was available and he was good to go. It should be open. It better be open. It was his usual online handle. Just made it easier for him to keep track of things... never mind for people to find him. If they knew him on other sites and games, anyways. A slow grin spread across his face, hopping foot to foot to a beat all crammed in his head. Would any of his buddies be on here? Could he control the dream to do that?

--Oh right. The AI was asking him to pick something else. A... job class? He skimmed the options briefly before pointing to one that seemed like it'd be the most fun. "Mad Hatter, thanks!" And just like that, he glanced down, and... ha! The blue coat fit him to a T. He tipped the hat towards where he thought the AI was, adjusting his glasses with a grin. Looking back to the world in front of him... he couldn't stop grinning. It was so... cool! The ground moved in front of his eyes, and he couldn't help but feel dazzled by the colors. His boots crunched against the ground as he strolled forward, pausing only when he encountered the talking sign. His head bobbed up and down here and there, agreeing whole-heartedly that some exploration was in order.

Examine... five trees? Easy enough! No harm, no foul. He jumped right to it, curious to see exactly what this world had in store.

MY STATS

My character's username: Partridge_in_a_Skulltree
Character's Job Class: Mad Hatter
Current party: --
Current Guild: --

Lean and lengthy, Partridge_in_a_Skulltree is a young man with blue-white hair shaved along the right side of his head, with the rest of his hair left to flop to the left. Blue-rimmed glasses sit at the end of his nose, the same pale blue as his eyes. A Mad Hatter to the end, his trademark coat and hat are both a dark blue. Underneath can be seen a tight white shirt, loose black pants, and crisscrossing brown belts.

Kaefaux

Unsealed Gatekeeper

Sexy Cocaine rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)

Sexy Cocaine

Greedy Guest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:28 pm
Quote:
If you help it out, search around the tree for glasses! Roll 1d4. If you roll a 4 you succeed in finding its glasses. It is super excited as you hand it back. "Thank you, oh my goodness, thank you indeed. Here, have this." It gives you a fragment and insists on giving you a hug, but the hug is very prickly and not very nice at all. +1 Fragment.

After what seemed like a long time for someone with a short attention span, the boil threw up his hands and gave up. "Sorry, you're screwed. This might be a good time to invest in contacts."

MY STATS

My character's username: NotStupid
Character's HP: 20
Character's Job Class: Caterpillar
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: A tall male avatar dressed in red and white caterpillar attire. He sports black hair with white highlights and cat appendages to match.
Character journal: HERE

Enoh Love

Bloodlust Dante rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
Roll # 1

There was one, and KingREX noticed it was in distress. How tress can be in distress was bothersome.

Quote:
4: You reach a broken tree and it is sobbing. "I'm so very sad", says the broken tree. "So, so very sad indeed. I left my glasses around here and now I can't find them. Can you help me out?"

If you don't help it out it gives you nothing and continues to sob.

"Then i shall try and help you." KingREX offered to take the task. "But how do you have glasses? Are there tree optometrists?" the curiosity was palpable as he peered at the sobbing tree that wanted nothing to do with him till it got back his bifocals.

OOC

My character's username: KingREX
Current party: going it solo!
Current Guild: ALL ALONE :c

Lithe and brown and green of eye and fast footed, KingRex enjoys his proper class attire of mother of peal and accents of Jade. Fluffed and layered chocolate locks does not take away from the wild eyed and manic adventurer.

Bloodlust Dante

Fortunate Hellraiser

Avian Serpentine

Dapper Raider

[ ENTERING ]

Well, this is interesting.

A soft sigh escaped him as he stared at the strange scenario before him. He wasn’t sure what the situation was at the moment, but one thing is for sure: there is a giant hole (more specifically a rabbit hole) before him. Currently he has two options: Jump, or to just sit here and wait. However, sitting here wouldn’t do much for the current predicament, and thus he decided to go down the hole.

His enthusiasm can be seen with how he simply takes one foot and steps into the hole. He didn’t jump; he stepped into it with the blankest of expression.

The drop down wasn’t anything exciting, only clustered with random trinkets and what not, but something did catch his attention when he landed – a bottle. “Drink Me” it says, and well…there’s really nothing stopping him. Taking a drink of the strange liquid was what lead him to this current predicament.

Mitfael observed the nearby surroundings, taking no notice of his new outfit, or the new hat he has acquired. Something felt off, but he wasn’t going to comment about it either. However, the strange sign that’s talking to him might take priority…it does have a giant exclamation mark on top of its head. That’s the trait of a quest right? …wait. That doesn’t make sense.

Meh. He can worry about that later.

OOC

My character's username: Mitfael
Current party: Party members here if applicable. You can disband, leave or join a party at any time.
Current Guild: Guild here. You can disband, leave or join a guild at any time.
Small IC description of character: Mitfael
Character journal: [ Battle Log ]

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 99 100 101 102 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games