Welcome to Gaia! ::

Academy X: A X-Men RPG (Accepting Apps)

Back to Guilds

A literate, paragraph X-Men (Marvel) Role Playing Game 

Tags: X-Men, Marvel, Superhero, Advanced Literate, Paragraph 

Reply X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)
Story XXIII [23] - Underground (IC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magni Prime

Eloquent Conversationalist

14,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:21 am
User ImageUser Image
XX【 】Name: Alexander Magnus
XX【 】Codename: Wraith
XX【 】Team Affiliation: Alpha
XX【 】Location: Pool
XX【 】Actions: Talked with Gabriel

Treading water, Wraith was happy this one was more personable than others had been. None had treated him poorly, but he felt out of place. Like he wasn’t on par with the older students- but far stronger than the newest. That middle ground usually was comforting, but now it was more of a limbo. With so much focus on his powers and advancing ‘who he was and what he could do,’ as Senator Kelly might accusingly say, he hadn’t really made friends. In fact, the only others he knew were the omega he battled before, and now Gabriel who just introduced himself. It was like the water was an icebreaker, to pardon the situational pun. Swimming gave him a chance to just talk. It seems that Gabriel also ran into a problem with another student in the sim. Wraith immediately thought of ways to use the wind power against his opponent, and secretly wished he had fought that one instead. Chevalier was a formidable force, and seemingly his polar opposite. The conversation started to weave toward coding and computers and that made Wraith a tad less easy. He knew enough to operate a system and get around- but coding was beyond his abilities. He didn’t want this exchange to end prematurely. On the plus side, it seemed Gabriel was willing to move on to a new topic.

On the poor side, it was the sim again. Wraith grimaced as he remembered the encounter.
                          “Roland Chevalier. I don’t quite remember his code name, if he gave it. Honestly, he didn’t seem to bad a guy but he is a veteran. Big, powerful, and his mutation only amplified that. Plus, his power seem custom-built to counter mine. He didn’t mop the floor with me, but I wasn’t doing too well, either.” It was a begrudging admission. Wraith trained himself so damn hard, and to be fought to a standstill was frustrating. No win, no loss, just limbo- like his standing in the compound. Before he could fall too deeply into that rabbit, he forced himself to smile and be happier. A single tendril of shadow snaked up his arm as he raised it out of the water. Nothing threatening, simply a coil of inky black spiral around his forearm as he showed it out of the water. “My abilities are using shadow. Chevalier uses light to make armor. I can weaken him, but he does the same to me as far as powers go. My agility versus his power. My speed, his strength. It was a draw, but that meant I didn’t help anybody else. That’s all fine and good for an Omega, but Alphas are supposed to be of use to one another.”

If he were standing, he would hang his head in defeat. As they were in water, he could only lower his arm and let the shadow go. He wanted to be like an X-man. Or a Brotherhood member. Somebody powerful and important with a cadre of allies. Instead, he only held up one opponent. He wasn’t feeling particularly successful as a team member or standout. Seemed to be the order of the day.

User ImageUser Image

OOC: Where are all the players?!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:39 pm
User Image

User Image

There was no shortage of bad ideas from Christian’s mind, and the only reason he lived as long as he did was because he was gifted a miraculously durable and powerful ability. There was little reason to hone his mind when his mutant werewolf instincts and tough physique practically made him invincible. Even if Katerina had shown him that his human side was vulnerable, he’d reasoned that there was little he couldn’t just brute force past, and the matter of his unstoppable life was further cemented.

That being said, Cissa was just about the most frightening person to piss off on base, made worse by the fact that she was his leader. He didn’t know how his body treated burn wounds, and while he hadn’t heard any stories of her burning her teammates, he’d also heard that any enemies that crossed her path weren’t living normal lives anymore, or just in a world of hurt. Nevertheless, Christian’s insistence that he and Charlie practically kidnap the Omega leader and force her to join them in their barbeque was a foolhardy one...but provided results. Despite the cursing and dangerous flaring of the queen perched on his arm as he paraded her around the base, she hadn’t actually followed up on her threats, providing more bravado for the pair as they collected their necessities and proceeded into the direction they needed to.

Of course Charlie was able to go with the flow of Christian’s thinking, even if his decisions confused him at times. His Nevada friend had taken up most of the conversation with Cissa as Christian wouldn’t dare try to sign at the leader and provoke even more anger. It certainly helped that, according to her attempted shoves and thumps on his person, she clearly didn’t have any built up strength. It made sense: with a power as great as hers, there was little need to brush up on physical training. Her petite frame, while fit to make royalty cower in comparison, was devoid of any physical strength, and there was absolutely no danger of her pulling some foreign submission technique on her like Katerina had done. Confidence was practically oozing out of him as he smugly carried her around like a trophy to the rest of the base, as if stating an accomplishment, a ‘Look what I’ve done today!’ expression most likely carried on his monstrous face if it was as emotive as his human face.

Even with literal death threats being thrown their way, he’d elected to not worry about a thing until she actually turned on them, so his bravado kept him going, though he was willing to listen to reason as Narcissa reminded them that starting a barbeque topside might attract attention. The hangar was the next best thing for them: large, open, and eliminating the risk of smoke inhalation. When they arrived, Christian was quick to return their prisoner back to solid ground, trying to smooth things over with a smug thumbs up, but Narcissa’s fury led her to throw a bunch at his chest, but she might as well have been punching a tree trunk, Christian’s posture only slightly relaxing as she recoiled from the pain and shot yet another curse at him.

He decided that transforming back was the best course of action right now if he wanted to get a good fill of food: while he could certainly eat a whole lot more in his transformed state, it was much harder to get full, and thus might be a detriment to the supplies they packed. He could already put away an impressive amount in his human form anyways: with Charlie helping out, the possibility of making a second trip to the kitchen was in the air, though he wasn’t sure if Cissa was on some sort of supermodel diet or something to maintain her figure.

The transformation was quick, and while Charlie was more or less unfazed, Narcissa reacted unfavorably, probably because his post-transformation gunk had the possibility of landing on others if they got to close. From what he heard, it the falling flesh and bits was very hot, and he didn’t want to piss off Narcissa more than he had already. “Don’t worry, it always burns away. It’s super convenient for clean up!”

She reminded them that they were on her s**t-list, but he somewhat ignored her comment as he tried to salvage his clothing. While he was fine with leaving his flannel unbuttoned and his chest exposed to the hangar’s air, the tattered sweatpants might get in the way of the the barbecuing. He kneeled down and quickly ripped more of it off until they were more like tattered sweatshorts. Charlie offered a snack to their prisoner for peace, reminding them that food was still very much ready to make. “Yee, you like never hang out with us grunts, so think of this like some sort of forced kick-back. I’m sure word will get around and we can get a nice little Omega cook-out going. I can even put up a “No Alphas Allowed” sign on the door if you want!”

He noted that Narcissa was speaking into her communicator and requested a new kid to be sent to the hangar. What better way to introduce the new people than with some food? The sight of Narcissa on her communicator reminded him that he had her phone in his pocket. He fished it out of his breastpocket and locked over. Besides it’s much higher-than-average surface temperature due to it’s proximity to his body during his transformation, there wasn’t anything wrong with, so he was glad he hadn’t given her another reason to be mad at them by breaking her phone. He handed it out to her after wiping off some cloudiness of it’s screen from his heat. “There you go. Now it doubles as a sort of pocket radiator until the heat goes away.”

Some time later, after the grill was set up and some of their cooking had gone under way, an approaching aircraft docked into the hangar a ways away from them, and Christian waved a hand gripping a hotdog at the craft, before practically shoving the whole thing in his mouth and getting started on his second hotdog, after already eating a hamburger. By the time he’d finished preparing his next hotdog, two unfamiliar female students walked out of the craft, and he hadn’t considered that there was more than one new face. “Good thing we’ve already prepared a few of these babies already.” he muttered, looking a a few hotdog links cooked and ready to go in a pot. He looked to Charlie motioned over to the grill in front of him. “Ey, keep an eye on the grill for a sec, I’mma get the new blood over here so it’s not just us three eating.” he said, before looking over to Narcissa. Her mood hadn’t really improved, but she also at least stopped flaring up. “I’ll, uh, go be a good little Omega and get the newbies over here so you can, uh, do leader stuff with ‘em.” he said, before beginning his trot over to the aircraft, slowly muching on his hot dog along the way. He’d already forgotten about his state of undress, his open flannel jacket exposing his bandaged chest and shoulders and his ripped sweater shorts making him look like some type of castaway survivor, despite his demeanor and attitude suggesting more of a frat boy that came back from a hike.

When he reached them, he held his hotdog in his mouth as he tried to wipe his hands off on his jacket, before taking another bite and holding in one of his hands again. “Rourgh-cuh.” he muffled out, forgetting that he was mid chew. He made short work of his bite before he spoke again, this time without any food in his mouth. “Sorry, welcome! You must be the new girls. Just in time for some food, so lemme help out with any luggage you might have and we can move you guys over to the grill for some hot dogs and hamburgers we have already done. No ribs unfortunately, but I would have already finished em by myself I think…”

Rovek-Winter

iPixie Bunni

Dangerous Capitalist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:31 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

She hadn’t bothered to mask her surprise at Gabe asking for her input; it was a first. Ever since the mall, people treated her as though she were one scuff away from being permanently shattered. Smiling at the man, she gave her own suggestion and he scored even more points when he agreed it was a good idea. “No, but even telekinetics aren’t perfect at making moving ones.” She said with a playful wink. “We’ll be relying on your perfect shots for the more important parts of this.

Though Gabe had done much for her confidence on the field, they sadly didn’t get to play it out as the newest member of their team morphed their environment into something more fun. Insisting that she go check on Kat, she glanced back over her shoulder at the gun-happy mutant. “Hey, um... Gabe.” Tucking a wisp of blond hair that had wrestled free from her pony to behind her ear, she smiled. “Thanks.

Guilt racked through her as her cerulean orbs took in Katerina’s injuries. Her expression mottled with worry, she tugged at her best friend’s arm, demanding that they go to the infirmary at once. “Yes, medbay. You’re bleeding.” She narrowed her gaze on Christian in wolf form momentarily, but softened just so when she remembered that they both had only thought of this as a game. “You’re bleeding.” She reiterated, beginning to drag the brunette behind her.

Only to find resistance. Apparently, she wanted an encore. “For my peace of mind.” She said, exasperation taking a siege on her features. “I don’t care what the assignment is, who’s at risk… none of it.” She muttered, pulling Katerina along for her rant. “We’re not splitting up.

She waited in one of the hard seats next to the examination bed, and by her expression Joshua must have known not to protest her presence there. It took him very little time to patch the shapeshifter up, and she practically bounced off the table. “Thanks, Elixir.” She said, a bright smile lifting her expression.

The blond nodded at the suggestion of a shower, stifling a giggle at how Katerina described herself. “Yeah, I could use one myself. I think Peyton took the words ‘blow me’ a little too literally when she started learning control.

Hot chocolate and trashy tv had them melting into the futon in front of the screen. It was a perfect end to the afternoon. As soon as the credits rolled, she peered over to her best friend. “Do you think Scott’s going to count Zaphiel’s interference as a loss for the Alphas?” She asked absently, still thinking back to the simulation. It’d not been a terrible time, at least. And it did much to distract her from the still-sealed envelope on her desk. She hadn’t decided if she should burn it, or read it so it sat, a burden as heavy as a load of lead in the back of her mind.

He nearly killed her best friend. And hard as her heart was over the situation, a part of her feared that the letter might hold some small reason for her anger to soften toward him, which she would only see as a betrayal to Kat.

Instead of dwelling on it, she had been perfectly content to do a mani-pedi session with the Italian, watch bad tv and drink their weight in hot cocoa. “I don’t really want to detail the X-Jet.” She admitted, scrunching her features in distaste. “If we have to, I’ll need you to ask Christian to go wolf, and I’ll just telekinetically use him as a mop.” Grinning at her new plan, she pulled the toe separators from her feet, sure that the new lacquer was dry.

Maybe in that case, I won’t mind so much.” Before she could elaborate any further, the fire alarms went off, screeching before the rain started. Throwing up a telekinetic shield to catch the water like a bowl, she shoved fingers in either ear. “Why?” She demanded of no one.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:17 pm
User Image

[ ʈ | ɦ | ҿ S | i | z | e | - | S | h | i | f | t | i | n | g ]xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxOmega - Sim Room

No, instead of worrying about being slapped, you might get throat punched.” He said with a grin. “I’ll take the indignant slaps. Normally Narcissa only play slaps, like she’s two or something anyway…” Mischief crossed his features. “No one else ever seems to mind when I hit on them. I think Ki’somma is just playing hard to get. She’ll relent eventually.

Admitting that he and Dom were the reason for the cap caused him to reminisce about their old times. “I hate sims.” He said with a shrug, letting loose another arrow. “People take them way too seriously.” He honestly didn’t care who had the bigger, badder guns on the teams. “And I’m not one who revels in socking other people.

I can understand that sentiment. I miss being outside.” Even here in the shooting range, where it was made to look like an outdoor scene, he knew the difference. The grass was synthetic, the musk of the trees smelled off.

August asked why Narcissa hated Alphas, and Aren shrugged, unwilling to divulge any guess he might have had. He believed it was a front, a way to motivate the other team into actually being better. Bella lead in a soft, kind way that the British bombshell didn’t agree got results. “It’s probably not healthy… but she wants nothing to do with anyone riding under Bella’s flag. But the competition is real, and I just buy into it.

Alarms sounded, and the sprinkler system kicked into high gear. August switched the gravity around, and Aren started doing flips in the air until the alpha man grabbed his ankle. Laughing at the man’s declaration, the native tried for another shot, ignoring the anger pulling at the invisible thread that linked him with the red queen. “You certainly have the temperament more suited to the Omegas.

As suddenly as the fire alarm triggered, it shut off, and August reversed the gravity. A torrential downpour fell on them, soaking the pair to the bone. “Some downfall.

Just as soon as he straightened, Cissa’s shrieks erupted from his comm. “At least that still works.” He said nonchalantly. Pressing the button to transmit back to her. “I hear dog food factories are good for hiding bodies.” He responded cheekily.

We just have to grind them up first. Why do you ask?” Even with as annoyed as he felt she was, he couldn’t help but find amusement in it.

[ N | a | t | i | v | e ]

▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂ ▂▂▂▂xxxxxxxxxxxx

User ImageUser Image  

The Bunit
Captain

Tiny Bunny

17,950 Points
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Satin Promises

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:37 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                                                Kitchen

The microwave was gone. Completely. Her lip quivered at how epically she had failed, and she stomped her foot at the injustice of it. Only she could blow up a microwave - without powers - when trying to make some popcorn. Balling her hands into fists, she stomped some more as the alarms started screeching of a fire. “The fire is gone!” She screamed at the overhead system. “It took the microwave with it!

Someone came up behind her during her tirade, hit the vent fan over the oven, and smirked as he waved the fumes pervading the scorch marks on the counter toward the ventilation system before announcing who he was. Distracted, she didn’t realize he’d offered her a hand until he let it fall to his side. “Oh sorry. That was rude of me.” Pressing a palm to her face, it was clear her exasperation with herself wasn’t letting up.

Her embarrassment flared at the realization that the new guy had just seen how incompetent she could be. Great. Now she couldn’t even appear to not be a mess to the lowest rung on the ladder. “I swear I’m not an idiot.” She said, flinching when Daylia popped into the kitchen, demanding to know just how she had destroyed a microwave.

I’m out of practice! Luke and Lynn have made all my meals for months now..” She claimed that the microwave nuked itself, she inadvertently pointed at the spot in question. Mistake. Daylia pointed it out just as what looked like green and red electric bolts shot out of her hand. Immediately what was left of the counter transformed into a seven-foot tall, robotic penguin. Frustrated, she stamped her feet in rapid succession.

Cam asked what the ******** just happened, and scarlet recolored all over her normally peachy skin. “That… would be hex bolt manipulation at its most random.” She said, after instructing them not to make eyes with the robot.

Immediately, Daylia set out to pin the whole ordeal on someone else - proving once again she was the best best friend a girl could ask for. She rounded her gaze on Cameron, and Gracie shook her head, snickering at the look on the newcomer’s face. “Don’t mind her.” The Georgian native said with a small grin, already feeling a little better about the chaos. “She’s the kind of girl you want on your side.” Motioning toward the counter, this situation made her point for her.

Daylia defended her initial choice to try and pin it on him, not the least bit phased with the distance he now kept from them. “I’d point at you to see if we could make it happen… but I’m afraid that it might not turn out like we planned.” Gracie said, grinning as she imagined two of Daylia Astrallo.

Narcissa demanded to know who via a team broadcast, and Gracie owned up to it. Somewhat. She then used Cam’s presence in an effort to distract her.

Don’t hug the penguin!” She said, only just catching what her friend had said. “There’s a sentence I never thought I’d say before.” Don’t hug the penguin. “Gotta love the arbitrary use of hex bolts.” She said, thinking she had seen it all.

Until Christian and Charlie made their way through the kitchen, carrying Narcissa overhead. Unphased by the gigantic robotic penguin as though it were the most ordinary thing in the world, they brushed past them and began rummaging through the cabinets. Really, beyond their mission, they seemed absolutely oblivious to the world; they hardly seemed to notice the sprinklers overhead, or the screaming alarms, or the smoke still fumigating throughout the room.

Gracie watched with interest as they blatantly ignored all three of the other Omega’s presence, and everything else going wrong in the room. Tilting her head, she caught her team lead’s eyes. “And I thought I was random… You need some help with that?” She asked Narcissa, both perturbed and amused by the situation.

But they left, still toting her around like a doll once they had gathered the supplies. Glancing up, she relaxed when the sirens finally went off and the downpour overhead ceased. Daylia pointed out to Cam that the blond was the leader he was looking for, and Gracie tried to re-process the whole thing. “Obviously not the brightest colored crayons in the box, those two. Cute, but nothing going on up there.

Staring at the puddles on the floor, she shook her head. “I’m surprised he didn’t slip carrying her.” She noted, her shoes already trying to slip from the slick tiles.

A few minutes later, Narcissa requested they bring the ‘brat’ to the hangar. Rounding bright hazel eyes on the newbie, she grinned. “That’s you, sweet cheeks. Let’s go.” Turning back on the penguin, who was now stuck trying to go through the kitchen wall, she put a contemplative hand on her hip. “What should we do about him?

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:28 am

Farren hadn't been expecting anything particularly noteworthy to occur on her journey from the airport to where the X academy was secretly located, but this wouldn't be the first time she'd been proven wrong for expecting monotony. For whatever reason, bizarre encounters seemed to cling to her the way a first boyfriend or girlfriend glued themselves to eachother's hips. She wasn't quite sure whether to consider her luck to be rotten or whether her ability to attract attention was somehow fortune in disguise. Considering the nature of her encounter this day, however, she was inclined to opt for her luck being rotten.

She wasn't sure if it had been to throw anyone suscpicious off her trail or if her rotten luck had played a factor into this scenario as well, but the flight she'd been assigned to book had multiple layovers. Normally she wouldn't have thought much of the situation as she was accustomed to travelling, but for the fact a nervous wreck of a girl had ended up completely melting down at her because of it. The girl had been on the same connecting flight and it seemed she had been heading in the same direction as Farren had been, roughly. While Farren had chosen to shrug the occurrence off as mere coincidence, the nervous girl in front of her, once they were walking a relatively unpopulated cooridor, decided to confront her.

While Farren was confident she possessed enough ability to defend herself had the girl become overly violent, the situation did not esculate to that point. Farren had wound up pinned against a wall by a girl that she could have swore turned demonic for a few fractions of a second. Naturally, she'd been caught off guard by the ordeal but her initial reaction hadn't been to be fearful like she suspected most people would have been. Instead, she'd actually been irritated that someone had the audacity to accuse her of following them and get physical over the matter as opposed to discussing things like a civilized person.

It wasn't long before she caught onto the fact, however, that the strange girl before her was confronting her out of fear as opposed to seeking conflict. The wild glint of fear and distrust in Chi-Chi's eyes was one Farren knew all too well. Having worked with a number of homeless kids, that look was often the first thing they wore when they walked through the doors to seek help. The realization helped to quell Farren's initial irritation and she decided to remain passive and waited until the strange girl allowed her to continue on her way.

The remainder of the journey to the academy was without incidence, however, Farren hadn't failed to miss the fact that apparently the girl who'd almost attacked her happened to be a student heading to the academy as well. A brief recollection of the girl's features turning demonic replayed itself within Farren's mind. Perhaps that had been her mutation she'd witnessed?

Farren had chosen to silently contemplate during the plane ride as opposed to reach out to the girl that had come off as a little unhinged. While she was more than certain she had been scared, she wasn't sure that approaching her after the fact would make matters better. Instead, she chose to continue minding her own business, living inside her own head until the bright lights of the hangar drew her attention.

They were here. They'd made it. And now that meant she was going to have to figure out how things worked, where things were, hopefully make some friends.

Farren's anticipation had built up high enough that initially, she hadn't even noticed the small droplets of water gently seeping into her clothing.

She had enough time to spy the strange trio that was overlooking a barbecue in the hangar, two of which seemed fairly light-hearted at a distance and the third dressed like she was the devil in prada. The grimace the woman wore only further accentuated the visual. Was it even safe to light up a barbecue around aircrafts?

She wasn't left to dwell on the question long, however, as Chi-Chi touched her on the shoulder, causing Farren to flinch in response. "Sorry," she responded in stereotypical Canadian fashion despite the fact it had been Chi-Chi who'd startled her, "I didn't see you walk up."

Farren fell silent as she listened to what the nervous girl had to say, not missing the fact she seemed to stutter a fair bit and obviously wasn't comfortable with the situation. "Yes, I'm Farren. I appreciate the apology but all the same don't worry about it, you were scared."

"Consider it," Farren said with a smile while simultaneously offering a hand to shake, "water under the bridge. Now, if you don't mind me, I'm starving and there just happens to be a barbecue here so I think I'll take advantage of the situation ... assuming we don't all get blown to smithereens. Don't know about you but considering there's jet fuel here, this doesn't seem like the most suitable place to be hosting a barbecue but I suppose everyone's gotta live a little."

Upon Christian's approach, Farren made it no mystery that she was perplexed by his choice of setting for the barbecue among other things ... such as his attire or arguably lack thereof. "Careful," Farren said with a mischievous wink, not missing a beat, "there. Wouldn't want you to choke on your wiener in front of the ladies now."

When Christian offered to take her luggage she smiled appreciatively but considered politely declining. The guy had just wiped his hands off on his shirt, was dressed like he was homeless, and had tried to talk to them with his mouth full. Even though the guy kind of looked like a homeless buffoon and had wiped his greasy hands on his shirt, she decided he'd slightly redeemed himself by offering to take their luggage. She decided to relent and handed him her suitcase, making a note that she would likely have to get the thing dry cleaned after he touched it. Lucky for him she wasn't a full out germaphobe.

She chose to interrogate him playfully with hands on her hips and a raised eyebrow at him, "So of all the places you could have chosen, you choose to have a barbecue here? Doesn't exactly seem like a fire friendly atmosphere. I mean, I'm not about to complain considering the convenience factor and if you're willing to feed me that'll definitely shut me up for a bit but I couldn't help but wonder out loud."

"I'm Farren by the way," she offered with a smile before turning to beckon at Chi-Chi, "and this is Chi-Chi." She would have extended her hand to offer the guy a shake but she'd chosen the lesser of two evils by occupying his hands with her suitcase to maintain the cleanliness of her own. After all, she still had to eat.

Taibhse
Vice Captain

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300

biex0m

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:01 pm
Rectify

Greenhouse Garden

User Image"Better me," the gentle giant stubbornly insisted with utmost sincerity while still maintaining the selfless boyish charm he was so well known for, "than you."

Lachlan would rather have his head on the chopping block than adding another problem to Bella's ever growing list. There had to be a point in time where he took on some heat. He couldn't always hide on the sidelines and bank on being overlooked for the rest of his life. Eventually someone was going to notice him for one reason or another and that meant he would have to take his head out of the sand. There were very few people he knew of who openly identified with ostriches as their favourite animals, it was high time he picked a more noble spirit animal to identify with.

"If I have peers," Lachlan said contemplatively, a somewhat dark defiance seeping into his tone, "that superior to me then I suppose it's high time I step up to the plate. Having someone I can't best will give me something to aspire toward and force me to push myself to my limits. I don't want to be the weak link or a burden to anyone so I suppose it's time I learn to look after myself."

Bella's confession only strengthened the stubborn man's resolve. "All the more reason for me to kick myself into high gear. It's going to be a long road and I have to start somewhere."

A goofy grin was his response to Bella's short lived disbelief followed by verbal reassurance and an overexaggerated 'thumbs up', "One hundred percent, madamoiselle."

Since the moment he'd arrived at the academy, Isabella had been someone he'd looked up to, not only as a mentor but as a moral compass that helped keep him on track. He held the utmost respect for the woman and even had the audacity to consider her a friend he didn't deserve. And while he perhaps harbored an interest in her that extended beyond friendship, that was the last thing he wanted to spring on her. Bella had been through far too much for him to be her friend with the expectation for more. Lachlan didn't tack a price onto his friendship. So when she spoke to him and looked at him with the disappointment she did in her eyes and voice, the words sliced through to the core of the super strong mutant's metaphysical being. Being told he thought he understood but she felt he didn't was a humbling axe to the wooden high horse he'd been riding.

Lachlan's eyes were quick to retreat from Bella's to the floor, similar to a puppy that had just been caught chewing a pair of expensive shoes they knew they weren't supposed to, "I can't argue the fact you're right. But if things came down to that and what your other friends went through is that life altering, I'd rather take the risk bearing it than jeopardizing yours or someone else's life."

Bella's closing statement helped ease the pain of her initial blow slightly, but the gentle giant was still troubled over the fact he'd upset Bella. He'd rather have her around to be upset at him than her not be there at all. If it came down to sacrificing his friendship with her in order to keep her alive, he was willing to take the risk.

Though the conversation had taken its dark turn, Lachlan decided to smile despite himself to shine a small beacon of light to cut through the darkness. "And that's how I know you're good," he insisted, allowing Bella's own logic to work against her. "Good people constantly strive to improve themselves and never really see themselves as inherently good because they own up to their mistakes and admit their faults."

The last thing Lachlan wanted was for Bella to fear him but that was another risk he was willing to take in order to keep her safe if need be. Perhaps the fact no one feared him or even took him remotely serious was an issue unto itself. The realization only solidified his conviction to learn how to contend with his peers on equal footing. Respect was earned, not given.

"I really," Lachlan admitted with utter sincerity, blue hues locking with Bella's emerald ones momentarily before looking beyond her in contemplation, "hope you're right."

While it was perhaps all in his head, that particular moment where she'd assured 'we will survive' and 'we will be stronger for it' felt strangely intimate. It was the main reason he hadn't been able to hold her gaze.

Lachlan listened to Bella's words of reassurance, that she didn't need space, that she knew his intentions were good all the while appearing a little distant as if he was only half there in the moment. The truth was he was still processing the moment that had occurred prior, his heart wanting to treasure it but his conscience agonizing over the fact he felt the way he did. That was the last thing Bella needed.

Needless to say, Bella's next course of action wasn't anticipated on the farm boy's part and it showed in the widening of his eyes followed by an almost instantaneous blush. "I," he stuttered and drifted off for a moment before regaining his train of thought enough to make a small crack, "wouldn't dream of it. I'd get my butt handed to me anyway."

Lachlan was quick to recover from being flustered, shoving the few treasured memories to the bank in his mind for safe keeping until he had the chance to review them again. "Well, I think I have an idea you might like. It'll require a brief set up and surprises are always more fun so meet me at the gymnasium in ten."

- - - - - 10 Minutes Later - - - - -

Lachlan scrambled to place the few finishing touches to the somewhat chaotic scene before rushing outside to assure Bella didn't peek. His breathing was elevated from the effort of gathering all the supplies needed within the small time frame he'd given himself, however, he'd somehow managed to pull it off.

Upon the songstress' arrival he was eager to greet her and hesitantly requested permission to cover her eyes until she arrived inside the gymnasium, another small breakthrough for the gentle giant that generally feared being physically close to anyone for fear of crushing them.

Once removing his hand from shielding her eyes, Bella would see an entire gym wall covered in blank canvasses. To accompany them were various mediums for her to use as she saw fit. He'd gathered as much sports equipment as he'd been able to in order to use for the project, assuring the paint was washable so he wouldn't owe the academy an entire new set. "I maybe should have given myself a tad more time but ... I figured you probably need to blow off a little steam and know you love your art but I'm not really cut out to be an artist ... so I decided to compromise and grabbed a bunch of equipment for us to slather in paint and chuck at the wall. I guess the gesture seemed a bit more profound in my mind before I explained it that way."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:47 am
Cameron Azrak
Aero
Not so warm, or dry, welcomes. At least it's not a boring one. Safety concerns are had, however.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It wasn't necessarily that Cam would get in the most minimal amount of trouble, it was their immediate display of integrity, or lack thereof. He watched as a mini Pandora's box unfolded before him.

Gracie informed him that she was someone he would 'want on his side.' The immediate display of integrity, or lack thereof at the moment was proving otherwise. "Well, considering we're in the midst of a Mario Party Bowser mini game right now, maybe not at this precise moment. Statement still stands." Cam responded to Daylia. Meeting someone is always a good thing in Cameron's mind. How it's approached however is a different story, but that would be something for the future.

As the two continued on, he mentally dubbed Gracie RNGsus (RNJesus). He wasn't sure what exactly she did, but miscellaneous things happened when she pointed, and by Daylia's reaction, it was usually unfavorable.

As if the penguin wasn't enough, two men, Christian and Charlie paraded through the kitchen, one with a petite blonde yelling at them. "Well, this is quite the first... hell, not even day. It's been what, 20 minutes?" He asked aloud.

After the commotion that disappeared as quickly as it arrived passed through, both of his fellow Omegas informed him that the petite blonde being manhandled was his team leader, Narcissa.

It was a good thing they told him, he had a Brazzers comment lined up, something along the lines of how that didn't look like a pizza guy and all that jazz. Best try to watch himself until he's been around for a bit.

"Yeah, but who needs something between the ears when you've got a chiseled jawline like that? What a babe." He stated, following up Gracie's comment. The comment was reflexive and unintentional. Cam was very well known for making homoerotic comments with a handful of his friends, and often found humor in people's reactions. This time however, it was second nature and by every means unintentional. He mentally shrugged it off, he already dug the first scoop out of the hole, time to mess around and have fun with it.

"Sweet cheeks, huh?" Cameron responded, "I need to drop these off in the room before we go to the hangar." Tugging on the strap of his pack, and his other hand picking up the bag on the ground. "Thanks for the slight bit of entertainment, but I don't want that thing to go nuclear or you set anything else off with me around. I'll be waiting right out here. " He gave a slight smirk and nodded to the two newly acquainted teammates and stood outside the kitchen. Last thing he wanted was to be around a giant penguin, a girl who wanted to pin things on him, and another who, instead of making popcorn, set off the fire alarm, sprinklers, and turned the microwave into a robot penguin with unknown capabilities at present time.

--

His new teammates lead him down to the dormitory floors, guiding him to his designated room. "Alright, scan my hand print..." he muttered aloud as he placed his hand on the device before his designated room. A few moments passed as the minute of his fingers were registered into the system.

The door slid open and a small empty room lay before him. The great thing about it, is that he was used to this size of a room. The even better thing is that he didn't have to share it this time. What was smallish to most, if not all, of the mutants here, this was roomy to him.

He put his duffle bag to the side and dropped his pack at the foot of the bed. His weapons were already turned in upon arrival to the facility; of which he made a mental note to remember where they were held for future reference. That aside, it was time to meet his new team leader, team, and unit.

--

Several minutes passed and they finally arrived in the hangar bay. A barbecue was unfolding and a group appeared to be gathering. They were exchanging greetings, and one of which had luggage. Another new mutant in the mix. At least he wouldn't be the odd one out entirely.

They walked up to the others, the smell of fire got him ancy to cook. If they didn't mind, he would love to put his talents to work. Nothing made a better impression than satisfying someone's stomach and impressing their tongue.

Waiting for his p, Cam spoke up and stepped up to the group. "Hello ladies and gentlemen," he said, beginning his introduction to Narcissa, Christian, Charlie, Farren, and Chi-Chi. He continued on, glancing from person to person, "My names Cameron, as of today I'll be joining your Organization and Team Omega." He held his hands behind his back, and gave a slight smile to everyone. His gaze ended on Narcissa, whom he was informed was his new team leader. "I'm looking forward to working under you, and with everyone else here." He said, completing his formal and 'professional' introduction.

OOC:: If I missed anything or forgot anyone, please let me know and I will correct it.  

Zuzus Bakery

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:22 am
User Image

User Image
Team: ALPHA Location: Gym - 7th Sub-Level

User Image

Isabella shot Lachlan a reproachful look when he remained stubborn and steadfast in his desire to protect her. Even if it meant trying to take her place when things got bad. Once again, she could feel the need to deny his chivalrous intentions boiling up from beneath her breast bone. Artfully, she swallowed her response. He wasn’t going to change his mind. His convictions in that department felt a little too solid to shake. They moved on to the subject of strength and skill and she almost wished she could take it back. It only seemed to encourage him further. Why was every warning she gave him having the opposite effect?

“Katerina isn’t just a peer. Up until a year ago…She was HYDRA.”, Isabella whispered, hating herself for saying the five letter word, when most people on base didn’t know the shapeshifters history. It felt like a breach of trust, even though, she didn’t owe the vicious Italian anything. “I’m proud of you for wanting to better yourself. It’s my goal to encourage my team members to excel as often as possible. I just don’t want you biting off more than you can chew and getting hurt in the process.”

Their secret password and his cheesy thumbs up drew a short lived smile to her face. For a fleeting moment her heart warmed, the notion of something so childish, easily ranking up there with a home brew telephone made of plastic cups and string.

Isabella never meant to hurt Lachlan. Bringing him back down to terra-firma was the only way to make him understand the point that she was trying so carefully to make. She could see what her words did to him. She regretted his sadness. She didn’t like the look that flashed through him when their eyes met. Blue sea, touching green glass. It was clear that her disappointment had hurt him, in some way. “I’m not normally obsessed with being right…But in this…I am. You don’t need to take unnecessary risks like that. Do you think I’d ever be able to forgive myself if something happened to you? Trading my pain for yours isn’t acceptable.”

Lachlan proclaimed that he knew she was ‘good’ and the songstress smiled softly before her emerald eyes hit the floor. He didn’t know what sort of action Leo had talked her out of when he’d come to home. They’d vowed to find a better way. Together. In some ways they had. Isabella was more stable and settled now than she had been in a long time. Even now, when the animal mimic was so physically so far out or reach. She wouldn’t forget. Close or far, she would keep her promise for both of them. “I am…Exactly what the Alpha’s need me to be. Admitting fault doesn’t make someone good. It makes them smart.”

The sound user had a laundry list of things to fear. Lachlan had never been one of them. But that was because she trusted him not to hurt her. Not because he wasn’t formidable. His mutation made him cautious about interacting with others for solid reasons. He could crush her, as easily as a child squished an insect, but she had always believed that he wouldn’t. Isabella had always had faith. This new thought process that revolved around killing for her sake, however, was more than a little terrifying. It wasn’t his self-control that she feared. It was his resolve.

He felt a little distant by the time she’d brought the conversation to a close. Her kiss to the top of his head sure woke him up though. The blush that ran across his cheeks spread like wildfire and she chuckled softly when the farm boy stuttered out a response. “And don’t you forget it.”, she responded teasingly with a faux-conceited flip of her hair. The songstress winked to show Lachlan that she was only joking... But, she still hoped he took her at least a little bit seriously. She really, really didn’t want to fight him. If he forced her hand she wouldn’t have a choice. He wouldn’t win. If he did, someone died. She couldn’t allow that.

He seemed to recover quickly enough when she changed the topic and gave her instructions to meet him in the gym in ten minutes. “I thought we agreed you shouldn’t fight me?”, she questioned after him with a slowly raising brow as her arms crossed. Lachlan was already heading out of the garden and the songstress whistled softly, the sound like that of a trilling bird, before she rolled her shoulders and sighed.

One problem at a time.

Isabella stopped by the infirmary before she went to the gym. She knew that a few of the Alphas had taken some lumps during the Sim and wanted to make sure they were all right. Summers threat that their punishment would be coming soon had her a little anxious. It was cruel, making them wait. That was probably worse than what he would actually make them do. Elixir gave her the skinny on who had come by and she nodded at the list. She was trying to remember if she’d seen anyone else with an injury.

There would be time later to do rounds once everyone had settled.

From there she headed off to the gymnasium, as promised. She was a little bemused when Lachlan met her outside and covered her eyes. A silvery laugh bubbled up from her unbidden. There was a soft innocence to the strong man that didn’t at all match that person she’d spoken to in the garden. Perhaps, the dark things they had discussed were truly put to rest. It would be a sweet relief not to have to micro analyze every interaction Lachlan and Katerina had.

When her friend removed his hands from her eyes she blinked a few times at all the large white canvases that he’d somehow managed to tack up securely in just a few minutes. “I’m not even going to ask how you managed to carry all of this in here and set up so fast.”, she spoke with a small chuckle as she surprised the comical image of the farm boy carrying everything all at once, stacked to the ceiling, and balancing paint on the very top. He explained as she curiously looked through the things that he’d lined up for her to throw at a wall. “This is…This is great, really. I think you could be a fine aritist…”

“You just need to find the right medium and a little inspiration.”

She spied a pair of protective plastic glasses and put one set on. The siren handed the other pair to Lachlan before she started popping open cans of paint with practiced ease. She poured a few colors into the trays and mixed some of the primary colors together to make purples, oranges, pinks, and shades that didn’t appear naturally. He’d thoughtfully put down large drop cloths all over the floor so she didn’t really feel the need to be too careful just yet. She found some plastic covered sandbags that were probably used by the elementary students for hot potato and dropped them in the red and orange. She fished them out once they were covered, and glanced over at Lachlan, before she threw them at the nearest canvas.

They made a delicious splatting noise that caused her to laugh before she went to retrieve them to repeat the process. Her head tilted as she looked at the blobs, “This one looks like two bears high fiving…”

“And apparently there’s an animal theme because this one looks like a blue gorilla. I think that means I'm anxious. Or schizophrenic. What do you see?”

She jogged back to the table and set down the sand bags next to the appropriate tray colors. “Your turn.”, Isabella chirped as she kept her paint covered hands in front of her so she didn’t get it everywhere. She waited until Lachlan was about to take his turn before a wicked little thought percolated in the back of her mind. She picked up another sandbag and dipped it in the paint can, before waiting for him to turn around. When he did, she threw the red paint covered sandbag at his chest.

Emerald eyes glittered as a mischievous smile swept over rose colored lips. “Oops.”

User Image
                                                  "...Everyone's pretty and hiding an ugly truth. Deception is all around. Watch out - Use caution now...."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:16 pm
Gabriel Byrne
Thoughts: Helping the new guy get out of the dumps

User Image The blonde Alpha drifted along in the water, getting an idea of the man who called himself Wraith. He was pleasant to say the least, though he had a bit of the melodramatic about him regarding the simulation. He apparently was caught up against Roland on the Omega side, and while he had a good description of the brute, he was a tad off.

“Paladin right, he was here shortly before I arrived. Big guy right?” he noted, “You’re correct, he’s a bit of the brute force type. Decent enough, but volatile. As Bella, or Siren put it, he’s like a rhino with a near-bullet proof hide.” he took a deep breath as he floated in the water. He let his fingers glide through the water. One of these days he’d have to get permission to do some ballistics testing in the pool, or get access to enough water to do it himself. Either way, it was something he should look into. If he wanted to make modifications for waterproofing, he’d have to work with proper experimental criteria.

“Hey, you did better than I did during this thing. You stood toe to toe with a guy who has a disturbing amount of experience fighting other mutants and broke even.” Gabriel said to Wraith, adding some clarification, “And no, if memory serves his armor is organic in nature. He’s big, powerful, and unlike most has a lot of experience when it comes to fighting.”

He brought up that he wasn’t useful to anyone else, to which Gabriel brought up the following point, “Sure but by tying him up you kept him out of any larger conflicts. You unknowingly delayed an asset from the field, thereby making sure none of your other teammates were ambushed. Because by the sounds of it this was a one-on-one fight right?”

“Me? I got caught by a literal wind tunnel while my other teammates were protecting me from gunfire and rescuing some other people caught up in an ambush. I was completely useless. Normally my powers would be useful, but when you’re stuck in a crossfire I have nothing.”

“So, do yourself a favor and don’t beat yourself up. You gotta consider the situation beyond your personal sphere. Actions like yours, however pointless they may seem, have an impact.” his voice became sharper, more assertive.

“That’s how Alphas work. Every action counts.” he stated, his gunmetal grey eyes piercing into the new recruit. It took him a moment to process what he’d just said.

“Holy crap… I …normally I’m not one to be the motivational type. s**t I’m not even one to be much of a conversationalist. I’m usually working in my workshop on some new code or a gun idea. Sheesh this place is rubbing off on me…”

Shaking his head a moment, he quickly swam back to the edge and downed the rest of the energy drink by the pool. He felt the caffeine and other crazy elements that were in the liquid chemical bombardment hit his bloodstream only for a second before quickly dissipating. Gliding back, he decided that since he was seeing a bit of Wraith’s bag of tricks, he might as well show him his. Taking a moment to concentrate, he felt his arm shift into the biomechanical barrel he was well familiar with.

“My body synthesizes bolts of tungsten carbide, and I can then project those bolts out as a devastating weapon.” with a smile he floated there in the water, watching for his reaction.

OOC: Lemme know if things need to be changed!  

I-The-Risen

Selena Lucania

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
Name: Narcissa "Cissa" Grace
Codename: Solaris
Team: Omega

User Image

“Living on borrowed time.”, Narcissa hissed angrily at Charlie when he asked what they were doing. There was nothing in her threat that seemed like she didn’t mean it. She glared, howled, bitched, and shrieked top lung from one end of the base to the other. She slammed her small fist down on Christian’s shoulder when his stupid mutt grin annoyed her a little too much. To her eternal dismay the brutish dolt didn’t even seem to feel it. Her overly analytical mind couldn’t really think of a way out of this. Talking wasn’t working, and physically, she didn’t have a chance. A dark thought, one that revolved around digging perfectly manicured nails into fresh wounds, lingered in the back of her mind…But she locked it away just as quickly as it had arrived.

She didn’t hurt her own. At least, not with her own hands.

They passed through the kitchen and the blonde bombshell was internally mortified. Rather than blush, or appear embarrassed, her anger only intensified. The two daft sows that accompanied her didn’t stop for anything. They were men on a mission. Not a giant penguin, which, she remembered from Gracie’s message earlier, not the smoke, and sure as hell not the sprinklers. Narcissa held her hand up in the air and a glowing discus of white light appeared over her head to act as an umbrella. The water sizzled as it hit and her scowl deepened. She was NOT getting turned into a drowned rat twice in one day.

Graceland caught her eyes and the Solaris seethed. The term ‘seeing red’ was taken to a whole new level. “Point your finger at them later. I don’t care what you do to. Just point, laugh, and walk away.”

Narcissa couldn’t keep threatening to kill the Hardy Boys if they weren’t going to be dead by dinner time. As much as she wanted to do bodily harm…She couldn’t. It only took so many threats unfulfilled before they became idle. That was a notion she couldn’t abide. In that regard…She would make them pay for daring to place any sort of hand on her person. She was a work of art—to be seen, and not touched. They would suffer. Oh, they would suffer.

She snarled at Charlie when he called her on their imminent demise. The shadowy look that lingered in cerulean blue eyes was nothing short of chilling. “Do not test me, Ronson. By the time I’m through with the both of you…You’ll wish you were.

Aren’s voice came through her comm as they walked into the hangar and she held it higher than she should have to keep it from being taken away. She wasn’t entirely sure what the endgame was but they’d already snatched her cellular. She wouldn’t allow another indignity. “Oh goody., she responded viciously to the size shifter. “I can slice off little pieces off this MUTT and feed him to himself. You’d be surprised at what you can live through. Enjoy cannibalism, you sorry ponce.”

“I’ve been bloody damn well abducted. By sodding IDIOTS! ”
                                                    , she snarled into the comm, only to make a soft sound of surprise when Christian FINALLY put her down. The fuming Brit had to dance away from the mess that was left after he returned to human form. He immediately proceeded to rip parts of his pants off and her cherry red lips curled in horror. Sweat pants. And flannel. She was aghast when she took the whole picture in. “You’re just lumbering piles of flannel aren’t you? God and Queen who -dresses- you?!”

Charlie offered her some kind of slave food, of which, he seemed to think she might appetizing. If anything, her horror grew, and she barely swallowed a noise of utter disgust. She brought her comm to her lips and almost surreptitiously whispered a message to Aren as her hand covered the speaker. “They’re trying to feed me. Hot dogs. Hamburgers. Hot dogs.

Clearly, they were touched. They’d either had a little too much time underground or a little too much time in the Sim Room. The Alpha shifter must have, embarrassingly enough, caused Christian some sort of irreparable brain damage. She had half a mind to page Elixir as Christian handed her phone back with some sort of queer excuse about it being a pocket radiator. She held it with two fingers and examined it very carefully for any leftover evidence of his wolf-goo. As if it could somehow cause her harm or infect her with his thoughtless impudence. “You really, really are a moron. I’m a hundred and twelve degrees on a good day. Heat is the last of my worries. I just want to know how much of YOU is still on this that I can’t see before I put it near my face.”

“If you wanted my time all you had to do was ask. Of which, I would certainly choose to agree or deny of my own volition rather than being pawed over by a bloody werewolf. No one forces me to do anything and they certainly don’t touch me without permission. There will be a price. For both of you. It’ll come when you least expect it and I promise… You won’t have any idea what hit you.”

Narcissa looked thoroughly revolted by the time they were done setting up the grill. It wasn’t the raw meat. It was the smell of it cooking. It was too much, too strong for her. She stood with her arms crossed as she waited for Gracie to bring her new Omega up from the kitchen—Transfixed on the circus that had suddenly become her afternoon. She still refused to hold her phone with any more than two fingers and she CERTAINLY wasn’t putting it back in her wristlet. The only thing that stole her focus on remaining out of arms reach from Christian was the hangar door sweeping open. Light snowfall drifted in and her golden hair tossed from the wind created by the thrusters but she remained unmoving. A message that she refused to check pinged on her phone and she could only assume it was about more new Omega’s coming in.

Great. More children to teach and wrangle. Being in charge of a bunch of super powered misfits was incredibly draining. It was a wonder she didn’t have a face full of stress lines.

Christian offered to go greet the new blood and her cold eyes sought to pin him to the nearest wall. He would have been able to feel her loathing from across the globe. It the same room, it would be suffocating. “You do that.”

She remained still as a statue while the werewolf went off to greet the cannon fodder. Instead of paying attention to that particular welcoming party she focused her attention on Charlie. Her gaze was cold, cruel, and punishing. It would be impossible to tell what she was thinking or what she was planning. Only, that it probably wasn’t good.

Graceland and Daylia arrived with a tall dark haired male that she had only briefly seen poor photos of. He was just about as interesting to her as the new girls. Not. Not in the slightest. They were three more pawns that she could add to a mental chess board that could be moved at will in accordance with their strengths and weaknesses. The boy began to address the group and uninterested eyes fell to his person. All three of her new recruits were seemly enough. At least, none of them were brown paper bag ugly. That would have been the straw that broke the camel’s back. Her elegantly arched eyebrow rose when Cameron mentioned that he was looking forward to working under her. Poor wording much? “You should be so lucky, Mr. Azrak.”

“And you must have been misinformed. What we do isn’t work. It’s not a bloody 9-5 that you can forget about when the workday is through. We are most definitely at war. You may call me Narcissa when we are off duty and Solaris in the field. Questions are permitted so long as they aren’t thoroughly saturated in stupidity. Anything you say can, and will, be held against you. Now enjoy…”, she waved her hand in the air dismissively, her British accent ringing with authority, “Whatever this is.”

Christian and Charlie will see to it that Ms. Moore and Ms. Adams have found acceptable quarters since it appears that Mr. Azrak already has. You two will see to anything they need for the next forty-eight hours. If they request that you jump—your only response shall be: How high? Is that in any way unclear?”

The slim blonde waited for a response from both Christian and Charlie before she found somewhere to disinfect her phone. It was a small task that they shouldn’t find too terribly bothersome unless Farren or Chi-Chi had a mean streak she didn’t initially see. They both looked soft enough. But, looks could be deceiving.

"Graceland, my kitchen appliance challenged darling, when you're finished here please find a way to escort that giant penguin of yours to Charlie and Christian's rooms for safe keeping. I'll provide an override to the scanner. What does it do again? Fling acid? Fireballs? Oh...Wait...We don't know..Do we?"
                                                    , she purred to the dark haired beauty with what could have been considered a sweet smile. Were her eyes not so cold, so cruel.

She sincerely hoped it was fireballs.

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:40 pm
Roland Anton Chevalier
Thoughts: Get a workout in, maybe?

User ImageThe southern brute had taken some time to himself, rinsing off in the shower and contemplating his next move. He took the time that he had to himself, threw on a pair of gym shorts and a t-shirt and just… wandered. The standby order put them into a near limbo state, where anything they were doing could be cut off in an instant. So he just took in the massive complex, enjoying the brutalist concrete design of the military bunker. Moving about aimlessly he breathed in deeply. Things had changed quite a bit for him over the short time he’d been around the X-Men.

Taking it all in he managed to find his way towards the gym, finding Isabella and another person in there. Realizing that he should probably do a bit more training in, considering their training was cut so short, it was probably the best course of action.

Taking a moment, he nodded towards the two of them and proceeded to throw on his headphones. His focus lead him to not realize that they were working on some sort of painting project. The music kicked in, a steady tempo of Equilibrium’s Un Beseigt. The folk metal kicked in as he started his shadowboxing. His body was smooth and methodical, his fists hitting the air in successive combinations. His feet glided across the floor of the gym, darting about as he fought the imaginary opponent before him. For a moment in his mind’s eye it was Kerrigan her more technical style forcing himself to be more improvisational, to be more reactionary than technical. It then shifted over to one of his old opponents, from his days in New Orleans. He was more aggressive, hitting hard and fast, rapid combinations. Finally, the opponent shifted to one of the worst opponents he’s ever had to deal with.

Himself.

But it wasn’t the cleaned up, or remotely cleaned up version that he was now. No, it was him before he came here, the uncut and rough Roland from when he was just fighting to survive. The one that grew up under the heel of a shitty human who terrorized him from the moment he understood just what exactly terror was. The angry, scared, Roland that helped bury way too many bodies in the swamp when he was way, way too young.

The fight in his mind was turning chaotic, drawing him further and further into the fight. The opponent in his mind started to become only a bit too real…

OOC: Lemme know what I missed!  

I-The-Fallen

Jinxing Karma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:09 pm
LOCATION: OUTSIDE, RANGE // COMPANY: AREN // THOUGHTS: WELL, GLAD I GOT ANOTHER SHOWER IN TODAY // MUSIC: THE UNFORGIVEN // CLOTHING: UNIFORM

A fire needs a space to b u r nxxxxxxxx
                                                A breath to build a glow,xx
                                                I've heard it said a thousand times,xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                but now I knowxxxxx

That you don't know what you've got
                                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                U n t i l it's gonexxxxx

I thought I kept you safe and soundxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                I thought I made you strongxxxxxxxx
                                                But something made me realizexxxxxx
                                                That I was wrongxxxxxxxxxxxx

August shrugged his shoulders, “Ain’t ever had that happen before. Usually they like the drawl.He drug the word out, his voice getting raspy. “I feel like the only person she play slaps is you.” He raised a brow at Aren. He was doubting that someone else got a kind hand like that. Narcissa seemed too much like she was endlessly fired up. He wouldn’t trust being with smacking distance of the woman.

“Well, I think everyone else gets blinded by the light reflecting on that sharp a** jawline.” August smirked at the native before their conversation started to shift towards the simulations. Honestly, August liked being able to flex his abilities in different environments. It helped him grow his range. When he first came here, he was lucky to be able to float a person other than himself. “Maybe not that kind, but they are serious for a reason. Real life ain’t gonna be fun and games. It’s gonna be bullets and cures.”

Maybe the competitive nature of the teams wasn’t the best suited for cramming everyone into the sim room, but a little friendly competition wasn’t necessarily. He didn’t think he had anything specifically against anyone on any team. And as it stood, it seemed that he got along with the rival team better than his own when it came to certain people.

They moved on to talking about the room that they were in. The turf, the fan powered breeze. Sounds on a loop. It was all so fabricated, even though they tried. They may as well be in a simulation.
                                                                                    “I wonder if this is how astronauts feel.” He spoke mostly to himself rather than to anyone specifically, just a thought being uttered.

Their conversation didn’t stray too far, though. Since he had to ask. Why did the woman on fire hate the alphas so much. Not that he felt personally targeted by the bombshell.
                                                                                    “She does realize that we don’t always get to choose our teams, right?” As he said that, the sprinklers opened up above their heads, water raining down on them both.

August flexed his abilities, having to catch Aren to keep him from floating up to the ceiling. He pulled the native back down to the ground, not before the man fired another arrow, despite the gravity change, and hit the target
                                                                                    . “I like to think that if I was a trope, I would be classified as chaotic-neutral.” Once the alarm shut off and water was no longer spraying out of the sprinklers, August switched gravity back to normal and a wall of rain fell down on them.

His shoulders bristled up when the water hit, soaking through his clothes in an instant. His hands went into his hair, rubbing at the buzzed short strands, sending water flying in every which direction as if he was flicking at the bristles of a stiff brush.

August took the comm out of his ear to clean it free of water, his finger wiping away the moisture. He could hear the shrieking of a woman on the other side, even if it was out of his ear. Maybe it was a good thing he took it out. Aren was talking back, and that was enough to say that it was probably Narcissa on the other end.
                                                                                    “Do we need to rescue the damsel in distress?” He doubted she was a damsel, but unless she wanted to burn down the entire compound, it would be best if someone else stepped in that was a little less destructive.

'Cause finding what you got sometimes
                                                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                            means finding it alone

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.xxUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 pm
Rectify

Gymnasium

User Image"HYDRA?" The word rolled off his tongue with equal parts disdain and shock, soon contorting into an emotion Lachlan rarely exhibited: anger. It was a quiet, calm rage in the beginning but it ignited as suddenly as a wildfire, threatening to burn out of control.

"Who in their right mind had decided to allow a former HYDRA member among the X-men? She-almost-killed-you. And all she got was a small slap on the wrist? Ridiculous, absolutely one-hundred-percent ridiculous!"

His fists had clenched in anger, something that Bella's sensitive hearing would no doubt pick up on. Following his fists, his entire frame trembled from the outrage on Bella's behalf. No wonder Leo had tried to put Kat down. It sounded like she was closer to an animal than human.

While he had sunken into a disappointment, he wasn't about to allow it to engulf him. As much as Bella didn't like the choice he'd sided with, it was more than likely something he would stick to. It was an unlikely scenario, one he would do his utmost to avoid, but he wasn't willing to promise her that he wouldn't go against her wishes if it meant keeping her or another X-member safe.

"And I'm not normally one to argue, especially with my superiors, but we are talking hypotheticals for the time being. I hope as much as you do that the situation doesn't arise, but there's no guaranteeing it won't and sometimes split second decisions have to be made. If something happened to me, it wouldn't be your fault, it'd be my own because I made the choice."

"You are exactly what the Alphas need. You do a phenomenal job and there are those of us who don't seem capable of taking into account just how much stress a position like yours can put you in. You are definitely good, Bella, and smart, kind, beautiful and many other things." He wasn't about to list all the things that came to mind for two main reasons: one being he felt some of his choice adjectives weren't appropriate given the situation, and two being that the list could probably keep them there half the day.

Lachlan had always appreciated Bella's faith in him and it hadn't gone unnoticed. Her faith helped boost his confidence, if even the slightest. Of course, he hadn't failed to notice she had a tendency to force him into situations where he would have to have physical contact with her or other alphas either. He knew, though, that she meant the best and just wanted him to get over his fear, something he wasn't going to get over easily.

"No need to worry about me forgetting," he assured with a goofy grin and wave of his hands, "you definitely have your way of making a memorable impression."

"Like I said," he reiterated the statement playfully, voice ringing cheerfully from around the corner before he disappeared to fulfill his mystery objective, "I wouldn't dream of fighting you, Bella."

"It's not pretty," he admitted nonchalantly as he observed the canvas set up from afar, hands fastened to his hips as he did so, "but it'll have to do for now."

"I don't think," Lachlan insisted with a chuckle, "any amount of inspiration is going to help me in the painting department but at least with abstract I have a chance."

He accepted the pair of plasic glasses Bella offered to him, taking brief note of the watch she wore that seemed out of place stylistically and size-wise for the likes of her. He eventually placed his own pair over his eyes before proceeding to choose his own painting arsenal and loadout. The gentle giant went for familiarity as far as his object went, opting for a basketball. He then mixed blue and red together to make a rich royal purple before dipping half the ball into the concoction. Once dipped, he briefly looked to the ball as if contemplating whether or not he was about to toss a grenade. In the end, he decided to throw it, although in his world it was more along the lines of releasing it in the direction of the canvases as gently as possible. The last thing he wanted to do was ruin the entire set up because he couldn't control his own strength.

Naturally, he politely waited his turn, assuring Bella had retrieved her sandbags and returned to her prior spot before proceeding to launch the ball at the canvas. He tried his best not to put much spin into it since having the paint splatter everywhere but the canvas seemed a bit counter intuitive. The ball contacted the canvas, contacting hard enough to put a slight dent in the formerly blank material. A dent along with a purple half circle. "If we're going with an animal theme," Lachlan critiqued his own work with a nonchalant shrug, "I probably would have been better off going with red for this one since it looks like the eye of a fly."

"I definitely see the bears high fiving, but that blue blob is making me think I'm maybe the schizophrenic one since I definitely see the Tick in that one."

Lachlan, completely unsuspecting was mixing another colour concoction and made the mistake of turning to face Bella for imput when he heard a splat. He'd barely felt the impact of the bag, however, Bella's mischeivous 'oops' was more than enough to tip him off to what he suspected. The gentle giant's eyes momentarily drew downwards for confirmation. Sure enough, there was a red splat in the middle of his chest.

While he shouldn't have been, the gesture certainly caught him by surprise. However, his surprise was quickly replaced with an amused chuckle. "I'm not sure," Lachlan playfully warned, "I'm the person you want to start this kind of war with."

As he laughed, he couldn't help but notice another character who had entered the gym. He wasn't sure sullen was the right word, perhaps he was just very focused, but either way the guy didn't seem particularly social. He didn't recognize him as an alpha so it lead the gentle giant to assume he was one of the omegas. Perhaps he'd been upset over the results on his side of the simulation earlier? Or perhaps he was just had a very strict training regiment for himself. Either way, Lachlan couldn't help but take notice of the other X-man's focus and intensity as he sparred with whatever imaginary partner he'd procured in his mind.

Part of Lachlan wished he was as far progressed combat-wise as this guy seemed to be. The thought of asking if the guy had any tips crossed his mind but he really wasn't sure if the omega would be particularly receptive to helping an alpha out. Another side of him, the playful side that Bella had decided to stir up, almost contemplated interrupting the omega's session with a paint covered bean bag as he watched him become more and more absorbed. While the session had initially seemed like a regular routine, something about the way the guy's expression and movements changed seemed almost troubled or sinister, almost like he was being consumed by the exercise.

The gentle giant contemplated a brief moment longer before deciding to excuse himself for a brief moment in order to approach the absorbed omega. Lachlan made a point of approaching him from the front so as not to startle him, first waving then closing the gap between the two of them enough for him to place a hand on the guy's shoulder and gestured to take his ear bud out. "Sorry, couldn't help but notice that you seemed a little off, like you were slipping away or something. Everything alright?"

He offered his hand to shake along with an amiable smile, "Name's Lachlan, by the way, and I'm sure you've heard of Isabella over there."

biex0m

Angel Reaver

Greedy Capitalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:59 pm
Go Here & Follow Directions In Red

I am purging the roster 8/15/17. No one is exempt UNLESS you post in the thread linked in this post to confirm you ARE still here and WILL be active going forward

Go Here & Follow Directions In Red

X-Chronicles (Completed Story Arc's)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces