Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
So, how many of you still go to church? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

maybebaby888888888

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:39 pm
I use to go because it gave me something to do. Now I go to cover my own a**.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:11 pm
You know what else? I love church parties! I just went to one last weekend. There was tons of food, volleyball, hot chicks, and a live band playing old songs form the 50's and 60's. That's pretty cool. Nobody asked what I believed, so I didn't tell, but I still had a good time. Oh and there was a dance. I dunno about sermens (spelling?), but I'd go to a church party anytime.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Nephrastar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:57 pm
My mother won't let me step foot into a church for services until I'm 18.

Fine with me =)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:28 pm
Nephrastar

Fine with me =)

Sounds like something I'd do.

I still go to Midnight mass. Of course, I moved last August, and don't really know where any Catholic churches are.

And my wife always picks on me for doing so. razz  

Quaru

Yami_Ichi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:33 pm
Nephrastar

Fine with me =)

o_O. I wish I was you. My mom and dad want me to go to church... and then they don't respect what I believe and don't ever let me skip to do something that I want to do. Grrr...
Meh, oh well.
Sometimes it can be fun... and then I get to go to all the trips and parties and what not...
Haha.
USE THE CHURCHES!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:14 am
I live almost right next door to my old church and I still don't go. Sleep is more important to me.  

Game Phreak Zero

Sakura_Hanamoto

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:24 pm
I'm dragged to church ever Christmas but that's it. I just stare at the wall behind teh priest and pretend I'm listening.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:51 pm
I go to church everyonce in a while to please my dad and step-mom. They don't know I'm atheist and I ain't riskin it. sweatdrop
I mean they freaked when I told them my boyfriend was Buddhist..... she started yellin "he's goin to hell!!" gonk .... there is no way I could tell them I don't believe.

Plus it's kinda funny to hear the pastor talk xp  

Sumire_Israfel

Sanguvixen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:54 pm
When driving by church I saw the funniest sign. It said:

"Rejoice in God when bad times come. Satan will mourn."

It's so demented that its funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:44 pm
I went to a Catholic school so I had to attend the masses. The only fun one was when we invited the bishop who hated our school's guts and we royally pissed him off with no harm done to the school blaugh  

elindacay

Tenth Speed Writer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:26 pm
Well, while I don't go to a CHURCH church, I still get Chapel on Wednesdays and a good preaching-to on Monday and Tuesday!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:55 am
addseale2
Well, while I don't go to a CHURCH church, I still get Chapel on Wednesdays and a good preaching-to on Monday and Tuesday!

Oh god.

Last time I was in church I stuck my gum under the pew ninja

Muaethia

Aimee_Jayde

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 2:34 pm
Sorry, God's closed.

Now you know.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:15 am
I sometimes sing in churches, and i love the atmosphere in there, where everyone knows each other, and everyone is brought up properly. I would get sick of it if i always went though.  

lucy-rulz4eva

Nergalitos

Celebrating Reveler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:22 pm
I go to a youth group, mainly because people there honestly don't give a damn about my religion..oddly. Still! I get free soda, burgers, and other such treats. It's a good deal xD Otherwise..no church for me. I went once, and got into an argument because some kid was yelling at another Atheist. --;  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff