Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
Wilson House Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Summer II

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:02 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

--------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n--------

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ That's where she lies ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

--------н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ----a l υ м n a

It had been a tough couple months, with ups and downs. The downs were pretty harsh, though, and Rider knew she wearing down on Lyall. This particular morning, Rider had woken up to an empty house. After walking around for a little while, she drew in a deep breath and decided that she needed to clean. She cleaned the house, made herself lunch and ate all of it. Rider watched some television, listened to music and danced. She checked the time and saw that Lyall would be coming home soon. Rider took to the kitchen, humming and singing along to her cell phone as she prepared a nice meal for Lyall and her to share.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝐻𝑒𝒶𝓁𝑒𝓇𝒜𝓃𝒾𝓂𝒶𝑔𝓊𝓈𝐻𝓊𝒻𝒻𝓁𝑒𝓅𝓊𝒻𝒻 𝒜𝓁𝓊𝓂𝓃𝓊𝓈

Lyall was having a pretty good day, even if he'd had to deal with some crazy patients. He was leaving work, politely chatting with a few coworkers as he gathered his things. Once he had his bag, he apparated to the street near Rider's house. Casually whistling, he walked toward her house. He figured she'd probably be bummed, as she usually was. Lately, it was getting incredibly difficult to be around her, as she'd been a massive drain on his own emotions. Heck, he sometimes had to have his extra strength tea! When he got there, he took a calming breath. After a second, he pushed open the door. Was... was there music playing? And it smelled like someone had cooked? With a look of confusion, he set down his briefcase on the couch and walked toward the kitchen. Rider was cooking and dancing, which brought a smile to the man's face. "You seem happy. Are you having a pretty good day?" He pushed up his glasses, a look of positive delight in his dark eyes.

I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴀᴠᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ
Sᴜᴘᴇʀᴍᴀɴ ɢᴏᴛ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ. I'ᴍ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴀᴡᴀʏ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴀʟᴏɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ
I ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ sᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ғʀᴇᴇ
Cᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ, ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴏɴ
Yᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
Fᴏʀ ɴᴏᴡ, ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʏ ʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ,
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,
𝐼 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓈𝓂𝒾𝓁𝑒...

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:30 am

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider heard the door open and so she put down the stirring spoon and cleaned her hands up. When Lyall walked into the kitchen, she turned and smiled at him. It was an honest, genuine smile. The girl danced across the room and hugged Lyall. "I cleaned the house, I watched some television and ate lunch. And now, I'm making dinner." She smiled triumphantly, then returned to the stove. "I hope you're hungry because I'm making spaghetti and meatballs. I even used the lactose free cheese to stuff the meatballs. It's going to be delicious."

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:36 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall watched Rider, noticing her dancing and smiling. Just yesterday she was sobbing into his favorite sweater, and now... now she was all rainbows and sunshine? As much as he wanted to be excited and jubilant with her, he was suspicious. Her mood was erratic, wasn't it? For her to have been depressed so many months, then suddenly happy? It made no sense. For now, though, he'd accept the break that this mood brought. "You've been busy today, then, haven't you?" He walked over to the stove, his eyebrows furrowed. A few days ago she was refusing to eat. He shook his head a bit, wrapping his arms around her chest. "I am very hungry. Work was long today." He bowed his head a bit, then looked at her warily. Was she still as fragile as a porcelain doll?

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:40 am

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider frowned when Lyall said that work had been tough. She paused her music and took the headphones off, setting them on the counter beside her. Turning in his arms, she looked at him and asked, "Do you want to talk about it? We have some time while the sauce warms up. And the pasta is still boiling." She reached out and stroked his cheek, a small smile cresting on her lips. If it was a normal day, you'd expect this to be a normal interaction between a happy couple, and in Rider's mind, that's all it was.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:48 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall was about to worry about Rider's frown, until he realized she was only frowning because he'd implied his work day to be hard. She remained in his arms, simply asking if he wanted to talk about it. Wait... she wanted to try to make him happy? It was... it was a complete 180 from her usual behavior. He debated his choices, not sure if he wanted to tell her if his day, or to try and keep this happiness rolling. "N-no, it wasn't a bad day. Just... just long, like I'd said. I worked an extra two hours this morning." He did his best to appear sincere, but the young man hadn't blatently lied like this before. He could feel his cheeks warming up, but he would say it was just the heat of the stove... he could lie... if it was to protect Rider, that is. Maybe when she truly was better, he could ask her forgiveness.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:52 am

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider frowned again and seemed like she was trying to recall something. Her eyebrows furrowed and she wasn't even paying attention to Lyall enough to notice that his cheeks changed color a little. Finally, her frown and furrowed brows relented and she said, "I suppose that makes sense. You weren't here when I got up. Well, Ly, why don't you go change out of your work clothes. Dinner will be ready soon." She smiled and hugged him again, then returned to the stove, still living in her happy fantasy.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:59 am
User ImageUser Image

Lyall hadn't noticed he was holding his breath until Rider agreed that his lie must be truth. He exhaled heavily, glad that he had gone to see his mum before work. She told him to change out of his work clothes before dinner, but he simply kicked his shoes off and set them out of the way. "Thank you for making dinner, Rider. It smells lovely." He gently placed a kiss at the top of her head before returning to watching her cook. So much of him wanted to believe she was all better, but he knew it was a false hope. He decided he'd pen Claire after dinner to tell her of Rider's good day, though. The younger Wilson girl was probably worried too.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:03 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

When Lyall kissed the top of her head, Rider's cheeks blushed a little, but she still seemed quite happy. In her fantasy world, this was their kitchen in their house, in their life together. An idle thought popped into her head and she glanced over to see Lyall watching her. With a small smile on her face, as she stirred the pasta, she asked, "Lyall, when do you want to start having babies? Because I think I may be ready." It was a simple question for her to ask, since in her mind, they were already married.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:13 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall watched Rider, noticing her dreamy expression. She looked in a daze. When she asked about kids, he choked on his own spit. Did... she.... He stared for a moment, trying to figure out how not to break her heart and burst the bubble she was in. "Just... just a while more, Rider. Maybe after I... I get promoted at work. More money, y'know?" He bit his tongue hard, angry at himself for lying again. She didn't deserve that. She just needed to get better so he could figure out what was going on. The male looked at the floor, trying to prevent the tears in his eyes from falling.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:18 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider listened to Lyall's answer and nodded. It was logical that they'd need more income to start having babies. After all, they were quite expensive. That's what her mother... Rider stopped for a second at the thought of her mother. Why did that thought trouble her? She stood there, frozen for a moment, while she tried to remember why the thought of her mother bothered her. The pot with the pasta began to bubble over and the sizzle of the boiling water on the fire drew her back. "Oh jeez, the pot is boiling over! Lyall, get the strainer in the sink please?" She lifted the pot off the stove and moved towards the sink.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall watched as Rider froze, the man ready to spring into action. He stepped closer, but when the pot began to over boil, she slid back into her bubble. She told him to get a strainer, so he hurried to grab one, setting it in the empty sink. She walked over with the pot, so he hurried to turn off that burner on the stove, grateful for the distraction. She couldn't ask about kids if she was trying to make pasta! He cleared her workspace and stirred the sauce, waiting for either orders or a collapse.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:42 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Pouring the pasta into the strainer, she let out a small sigh. "Whew, that was a close one. I don't know what happened there." She smiled at Lyall and hugged him, laying her head on his shoulder. "Thanks for the save there." She smiled at him again, then poured the pasta back into the pot. "Wanna help me pour the sauce and meatballs into the pot?" she asked with a smile. She clearly wanted Lyall to be near to her.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:51 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyall looked over at Rider when she said it had been a close one. At her mention of not knowing what had happened, he paused. She had nearly flipped back to depression, hadn't she? How could she not remember that? He decided he never wanted to be depressed, as it seemed a very scary state of mind. Once the pasta was back in the pot, she asked if he would add the sauce. "Sure, I can do that." He lifted the other pot, pouring it over the noodles. Once that was done, he stirred it all together, a small smile on his face. He wasn't a Gryffindor, but he would pretend for her.

'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ,

Summer II

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Summer II

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:59 pm

♪ She wants to go home ♫
♪ But nobody's home ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

Rider smiled when Lyall poured the sauce into the pot for her, enjoying the fact that he was close to her. She smiled and said, "I'll finish stirring the sauce into the pasta if you want to set the table." Picking up the stirring spoon, she started mixing the sauce into the pasta. The food smelled wonderful and her stomach rumbled in expectation. She caught a glimpse of herself in the reflection on the window. The girl stopped and looked at herself for a moment. The reflection looked slim, her facial features sunken and sullen. Rider furrowed her brow for a second and determined that this reflection must just be her mind playing tricks on her, even though that was how she actually looked. Turning away from the reflection, she lifted the pot to carry it to the table.

♪ With no place to go ♫
♪ No place to go ♫
♪ To dry her eyes ♫
♪ Broken inside ♫

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash