Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN ROUND 1 } RESULTS PAGE 12 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Huni Pi rolled 3 10-sided dice: 2, 10, 10 Total: 22 (3-30)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:36 pm
Here came what was undoubtedly the hardest part of the competition. Talking. Ruth refused to break her "vow of silence," even for that much money. But the judges might kick her out of the competition if she didn't answer. Oh what to do, what to do?

Tell me a little about yourself, your backstory, who you are.

Ruth looked down at her feet, wiping her hands that smelled of tearjerkers on her apron, and took a deep breath. She gestured to herself, then to her throat before shaking her head, looking rather unhappy and afraid of her condition, face pointed downwards because her eyes were hidden behind her bangs and how else would you show them downcast?

The interviewer, sensing that they weren't going to get much more out of her proceeded to the next question. Which contestant do you think is going home today?

This one was easier to respond to, Ruth thought with an inward grin. On the outside, her face filled with anxiety and uncertainty Ruth pointed at random. There was no reason to it other than the cause what audiences would call "drama."

PeanutButterpies
It is nothing personal. Feel free to confront Blondie in the thread for this!

Either the interviewer was forced to ask this, or they weren't really paying attention to Ruth because the final question asked was If you could say one thing in front of live national TV what would you say?

From beneath the brim of her newsboy cap, Ruth just stared at the interviewer. Resisting the urge to smack some sense into them, she shuffled her feet, fidgeting with her apron before finally shrugging.

OOC

STEP 1: THE INTERVIEW
CONTESTANT NAME: Ruth aka "Blondie"
MINUTES LEFT: 58/60

Huni Pi rolled 3 20-sided dice: 2, 14, 14 Total: 30 (3-60)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:39 pm
It was time for the final portion, and Ruth's inexperience with bladed objects became evident at this point. She thought she was doing well but apparently that was only a fluke as she started to falter and her pace grew erratic.

OOC

STEP 1: CUTTING IT CLOSE
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 10 Total: 14 (2-20)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:42 pm
And like Ruth thought, her performance was not acceptable. Chef Ramsay began to critique and cuss at her and all Blondie could do was silently nod, and maybe cry some more. Ruth would have just grinned and given Ramsay a hug to spite him but alas, her persona required less provocation and more introspection. Obediently, she went back to the monster truck to repeat the process all over again.

OOC

STEP 1: CRITIQUE
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60

Huni Pi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:47 pm
Yes, hello, tearjerkers. You get a second shot at blinding me, Ruth thought to herself. And it looked like the veggies had a better idea which part of her face to go for this time as she was slower during her redo.

OOC

STEP 1: DECLAWING AND DEFANGING YOUR ONION (redux)
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60 (per the prompt the I don't need to worry about going over)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 2, 8 Total: 14 (3-30)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:48 pm
It wasn't any easier her second time around. She was ready for it but that didn't necessarily translate to Blondie being ready. She let her mouth open and close wordlessly a few times when asked Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?

Truthfully she was tempted to laugh at the interviewer and their question. Instead, she gave a sheepish smile and simply held a finger to her lips as if to say none of your jacking business only shyly.

Again, the interview pressed her with the request for her to Tell me a little about yourself, your backstory, who you are.

Ruth chewed on her lower lip in thought. Obviously they weren't satisfied with her answer the first time and were operating under the impression asking the same thing twice would yield a different response. She shrugged, gestured again to her throat and shook her head, all the while pointedly looking at anything except the camera.

The last portion of the interview involving If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after? had Ruth genuinely pausing to consider her answer. In the end, she smiled and pantomimed drinking soup. Chef Gorgon Ramsay may not have been impressed with her offering, but who knows? Maybe in the future she might seriously consider learning to cook things that weren't gray paste-like in appearance and consistency.

OOC

STEP 1: THE INTERVIEW (redux)
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60 (per the prompt the I don't need to worry about going over)

Huni Pi rolled 3 20-sided dice: 16, 13, 14 Total: 43 (3-60)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:50 pm
Ruth was much more careful in chopping the veggies. She really didn't want to have to redo the whole thing a third time. Of course, she ended up sacrificing her speed for the sake of quality. She only hoped it had been worth it.

OOC

STEP 1: CUTTING IT CLOSE (redux)
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60 (per the prompt I don't need to worry about going over)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
Huni Pi rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:53 pm
There were two judges in this competition, Ruth was aware of that and she may have been focusing on Ramsay more (she couldn't help it) but she never forgot about Dr. Hyde. So she wasn't entirely surprised that he was the one who gave her the critique. She made a show of pondering and thinking really hard about his question, chewing on her lower lip and wringing her hands.

In the end, she gave him a weak smile and a thumb's up, before fleeing off camera. Or trying to flee off camera, only to end up running smack into a fellow contestant. Oops.

xRikku Takanashi
Sorry. Not sorry OvO Blondie says ~hi~ also you can consider this happens after Camilla's finished rolling and stuff XD

OOC

STEP 1: CRITIQUE (redux)
MINUTES LEFT: 28/60 (-23/60 but per the prompt I don't need to worry about going over)

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 28

PhiferWolf rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 6 Total: 15 (2-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:00 pm
[ STEP 3 ]: JUDGE PROMPTS:

Quote:
9) "Stop," says judge Hyde, walking towards you. "You are finished."

Just as you take your apron off he amends, "Your are finished using that knife. Go and get a sharper knife."

Looks like your day isn't over yet.

Uru's head snapped up when Dr. Hyde's voice called out with a dreaded command, his eyes shooting up to his hairline. Stop? Why!? Did he mess up? Did he run out of time already? No. Looking at all the other contestants, they were working furiously at their tasks so time wasn't up yet. Hyde was coming towards him personally and specifically. It was his next comment that made his blade still mid peel. Looking down in defeat, he couldn't figure out what he did wrong. Was it how he was peeling? Was it because he was bit and had bled for a bit there? (He took care of it...). The demon rose and began to untie his apron, the judge made another comment that makes him stop again. Looking down at the knife that was placed beside his unfinished potato. The knife had become slightly dulled with how hard he was working it on the potatoes, teeth, and tentacles. Swallowing, Uru brushed past the judge toward the knives to gather a new one for himself.

Was it necessary to scare the crap out of him and bring down his mood and motivation like that?! Jeez...

Quote:
6) Judge Gorgon Ramsay puts a hand on your shoulder. "Stop." He looks angry. "You. Take off your apron."

About ten seconds later, as you're taking off your apron, he finally concludes with a "And bring it over to winners table as you are moving on to round two." You no longer have to chop onions and can continue forward!

Someone was approaching him, he knew it - sensed it, heard it, and the scent... It was when the hand fell onto his shoulder that he glanced at the fingers that hooked over it. "Chef Ramsay." He greeted as he stilled his blade - don't want to lose a finger... or two. "Sir?" he questioned as he stood upright. The judgment had fallen and he didn't know why yet again! Taking off his apron, he held it outright with an equally surly face toward the chef as he makes his last statement.

HE MOVED ON!?

OOC

STEP: [1] [2] [3] (3a) [4]
CONTESTANT NAME: Uru'baen
MINUTES LEFT: 53-51=2/60

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

[A.V.] rolled 2 10-sided dice: 2, 7 Total: 9 (2-20)

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:12 pm
Maddie wasn't sure why the judges wanted the tearjerker slices to be nearly invisible to the naked eye (maybe their excuse of not having to eat it), but if they wanted to eat pieces of paper, then she'd give them just that.
It seemed the judges themselves felt like adding some input.

To Gorgon Ramsay's "remark", Maddie had no comment either. Clearly he was just jealous of her superior skills and was probably dying to eat those tearjerkers.

To Hyde, she only arched an eyebrow, giving a side glance to the werewolf.
"Sloppy."

OOC
MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 28

Quote:
2) Judge Gorgon Ramsay looks at you working and frowns and crosses his arms, wrinkling his already wrinkly forehead. He says nothing.

7) Judge Hyde leans next to you. "What do you think of the contestant next to you?" He opens his notepad to take notes. (The contestant next to your character is the person that posts ABOVE you). They will be considered iicly "next to you". Don't be too alarmed if you get different people next to you, the tables tend to shift sometimes!)

OOC

STEP 2: CUTTING IT CLOSE 2
CONTESTANT NAME: Maddie
MINUTES LEFT: 28 /60

Grifferie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 pm
Chase was not exactly pleased with the 1 he received. Sure, he knew the judge's would be harsh, but come on. His tastes were much better than that. Honestly, it was rather shocking. The dish had seemed good to him... such a waste they'd not let him eat it. He sighed, in his slow way - Just before they were carried away to their first real challenge.

Tearjerkers. Onion. He was going to smell like onion for days after this. Though, it could be worse. There were worse things to smell like...such at petunias. Not that he knew what petunias smelled like.

That was neither here nor there. Here there were Tearjerkers. That needed catching.

If there was one thing Chase was good at...it was gathering food. Basket in one clawed hand, Chase stepped up without fear and began reaching for Veggies. Large claws let him grab two or more at a time, though he ended up just scooping them into the basket. They hissed and bit and Chase grinned a little. "I like it when food fights back."

The Veggies were still trying to fight back when Chase placed the full basket on his station, and he gingerly reached in to grab the first Veggie. Slick and clean, the Wendigo's claws removed the Veggies fangs in no time. The next one went just as fast.

It wasn't until he was about halfway through that one actually BIT him. "Ow!" His hand shook on reflex, and the Veggie hit the floor with a hiss. Chase was doing his own hissing. "Stupid food." He stooped, still cursing at it, and and the ripped it's tendrils right off. Violently. A little too violently.

The following Veggies were declawed with just as much violence.

But he was quick about it.

OOC

STEP 1: [Step 1] Declawing and Defanging
CONTESTANT NAME: Chase
MINUTES LEFT: 57/60

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Rathurue rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:26 pm
Fortunately, he passed the preliminary round. What confuses him is WHY his cooking doesn't get high score.

Oh well. This is the time to remedy all that---

But looking at the pile of Veggies at front of him, he sweatdropped.

This ain't going to be easy...

After spending 20 minutes of evading those claws and fangs, he finally got a pile of normal veggies.

Good thing he kept the kitchen knife from 1st round...
OOC

STEP 1: Declaw/Defang
CONTESTANT NAME: Rei
MINUTES LEFT: 40/60

Rathurue rolled 3 10-sided dice: 6, 1, 5 Total: 12 (3-30)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:34 pm
When he's cleaning the mess made of fangs and claws AND peeled skin, his eyes are being blinded with a sudden camera flash-as he yelped out of surprise, dropped the knife somewhere below the counter---

-and get bombarded by questions by some reporter.

The first question is did he have any children-

"I'm underage! But if you can count a magical sapling as one, then yes."

The second is why he tried for Hades Kitchen---now that's a strange question.

"Well, I don't know. Some way or other, I was waken up here."

The last one is-
Has he sliced a Tearjerker before? What's the secret?

"Weeeeell, I've sliced normal onions before; doesn't know if that counts. The secret is chilling them before you cut them-it lessens the sting on the eyes. And obviously, use a sharp knife. The less you disturb the cells the less gas produced."

He asked is that all to the reporter, and he said it is.

Crap-that interview took longer than expected...

OOC

STEP 1: Interview
MINUTES LEFT: 40-???/60

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

Rikku Takanashi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:41 pm
Camilla couldn't help but give a happy tail wag as the judge gave her a good score on her food however before the Dormouse ghoul even had a chance to take a breath and relax she was blindfolded and led to another room... She had very little trust issues and easily allowed them to lead her where they wanted her to go till they finally stopped and all was quiet... for a moment

Camilla's curiosity was piqued when she head a beeping sound... she recognized the sound as a large vehicle (the smoky gasy smell helped too) however she couldn't help but jump a bit as she heard a boom and a loud thunk followed by the voice of one of the judges commanding her to take off her blindfold

When she does she found herself at her own table with two bowls off to the side she wasn't alone either there were other people too! Several people she recognized even! However she didn't have time to really look over her competition because suddenly thousands of angry writhing Tearjerkers erupted from the huge truck's furnace! "Eep!" she squeaks in surprise and slightly disappointment... This whole competition involved cooking minipets didn't it? ...

The Dormouse ghoul couldn't help but watch in awe and slight disgust as the head chief easily fell and prepped a Tearjerker in no time flat! She also couldn't help but pale alittle at how many Tearjerkers they had to slice up and how intensely they'd be judged... Swallowing and taking a breath Camilla dove into the fray!

It was FAR from easy gathering up 100 angry, scratching, biting, Tearjerker's (though admittedly she couldn't blame them...) and Camilla came out of it 14 minutes later looking like she'd gotten in a fight with a cat... many of the little buggers had latched onto anything they could which meant her arms, hands, and even tail looked alittle worse for wear she finally figured out just how she should pick them up and get them to her station

Now was the hard part... Declawing and Defanging the buggers... first came the fangs as bad as the claws were the teeth were worse! She removed the teeth swiftly and with as much care as possible so the minis didn't suffer too much she then did the same with the claws and by the end she apologized to each of the 100 Tearjerkers before placing them in the pile she'd made ready for slicing

OOC

STEP 1: DECLAWING AND DEFANGING.
CONTESTANT NAME: Camilla
MINUTES LEFT: 46/60

Rathurue rolled 3 20-sided dice: 15, 16, 17 Total: 48 (3-60)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:43 pm
Grumble.

Not mentioning the lengthy interview, he dropped the knife somewhere below the counter...

SOMEWHERE.

As he looked around for it, he ultimately failed the challenge. Sure he chopped all the veggies with record speed, but still he goes over time.

"Ah well. I'm not that fond of winning, after all"
OOC

STEP 1: Cutting it Close
MINUTES LEFT: -8/60
OVER THE TIME LIMIT!!!
But hey, I got 15,16 and 17 roll in succession so I got that going for me lol

Rathurue

Alien Abductee

Rikku Takanashi rolled 3 10-sided dice: 7, 1, 4 Total: 12 (3-30)

Rikku Takanashi

Friendly Guardian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:45 pm
Needless to say when Camilla was done Declawing and Defanging the Tearjerker's she was alittle flustered and not a happy Dormouse to make matters worse before she could even start in on the Tearjerker's one of the interviewer's came over and she found herself staring blankly into the camera for a moment... That's when it really dawned on her that she was on national TV... Her Parents, her Friends, everybody she knows and knows her could be watching this...

Swallowing for a moment Camilla takes a breath to compose herself and puts on the best, friendliest smile she could manage "Hi!" she greet's finally this cooking competition certainly was turning into a adventure... and she'd just have to treat it as thus...

What do you think about chefs Gorgon Ramsay and chef Dr. Hyde?

Was the first question asked Camilla who had started rocking on her heels a bit with nervous hyper energy smiles more genuinely "So far I like them! They really know that they are doing in the kitchen and I admire their skill!" she answers honestly cutting a regular onion with the speed and ease Ramsay did with that Tearjerker could be a bit tricky and this was a living mini he did that too she could attest already it was hard enough just declawing and defanging them!

Why did you try out for Hades Kitchen?

The next question help the Dormouse ghoul relax even further Camilla had pushed the fact that she was on national TV out of her mind and was just being herself so as she relaxed she actually found the interview welcoming it distracted her from the gritty task ahead "I tried out because I do a lot of cooking at home! And I don't think I'm TOO bad heh!" she says jokingly trying to lighten the mood

Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?

The last question caught her off guard slightly and she found herself with her hand on her chin thinking about it for a second before smiling cheerfully at the interviewer and shrugging "I can't say I do really! Heh I'm just going to do my very best and if it wins me the money great! If not oh well least I learned some new things and went on a great adventure!" she replies cheerfully then thinks for a moment before smiling again "However if I did win I'd save some money back, give some away, and spend the rest on various things! Hah Hah I'd probably throw a grand tea party for all my friends!" she says with a shrug then laughs a bit at the end

The Interview definitely helped to ease her nerves and she found herself relaxing a lot but it also hit home a few important things about the competition that gave her a new outlook on it ...she still wasn't looking forwards to the next part however...

OOC

STEP 2: THE INTERVIEW
CONTESTANT NAME: Camilla
MINUTES LEFT: 46/60

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items