Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Games and Events
[Battle of the Tribes] Through Your Eye's Hunting Game Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tiarana

Dangerous Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:52 pm
"I wouldn't put it past it," Colored Spring said, looking up at the birch. "But I can't say I've ever met a tree with enough gumption to kill someone, have you?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:48 pm
Having two dead kin did little to help. Even the logic given behind who might be predators isn't perfect. The loudmouth Farrow didn't seem to be making a good case for himself either. Everyone seemed to be targeting him for his thought process, and also, it seems, because he spoke up first.

"I don't believe Farrow is one of them. He is far too mouthy. In fact I think Blurs and Stains is more likely a predator than Farrow.

Storm turned around at the mention of his name. "What would they or I have to gain from their votes if I was a predator? If so many people hadn't voted for Precipice, I might've been the one killed off.

[OOC: I am away from my comp this weekend, so I might need some extra time to post Saturday.]  

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:53 pm
"One that falls over certainly could" Errant murmured at Colored Spring, turning over the words he'd heard spoken that day. On the one hand, he thought Farrow seemed bit suspicious...but so too, did Butcherbird-it hadn't escaped his notice that the buck seemed very good at swaying others to follow along with his votes.

Second Star to the Right, however, had not even voted in the first round, and remained silent...so with a nod in her direction, Errant cast his vote.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Farrow makes sense to me. There's at least basis in that one," Second Star nodded in agreement after the points had been raised, though her face remained expressionless. She had abstained in the first round for lack of evidence, but this... certainly having reasoning behind the move made it more advisable.

Flicking her tail, Second Star added nothing else. She was not a speaker, nor had she ever been. Instead, the draconic kin listened.

It would be a miracle if her silence didn't kill her.

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:03 pm
Sage, catching Flint's well-covered amusement and Freedom to Act's smile, flicked his ears with a slight grin of his own - now that he had the stage, he was going to play a little.

Rounding on his target again, he tilted his head back and hummed thoughtfully. "I don't know," he said slowly, "I've heard some weeeird stories. Maybe there are trees that get up and walk around sometimes."

Turning back to the game's lovely host, he said, "All joking aside, it is my duty to decide who, if anyone to vote to kill, and my decision. is to kill Farrow.

"My condolences," he told Farrow with a gentle smile.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:09 pm
A soft breath left her mouth as she smiled at Wild Sage's remark.

The conversions being had, however, were nothing to smile about. She was suspicious of almost everyone. And of course, her words would be taken the wrong way as Feral Storm turned towards her.

"That isn't what I said," she replied. "If you weren't a predator, the predators would certainly want you alive to continue drawing suspicion. You had three votes and drew attention. If you are a predator, they wouldn't want you dead." Certainly that was plain enough.

"My words are clear. If you don't understand them, ask rather than change them." The monotone of her voice was a touch clipped and she left out a huff.  

anemosagkelos

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Through Your Eyes was not particularly pleased with those who didn't want to speak. This was a game after all, a group game, one that meant you would be interacting. They should have known when they came to this gathering that they would be required to speak and play the game. She didn't host this game to be bored by dead-eyed kin staring at each other without speaking. Her boredom always turned to irritation at those who were being sufficiently amusing. Giving a short sweep of her tail, she rose from her lounge stare the group down even more than she was before.

When she spoke, her irritation didn't bleed into her voice so much as it turned her tone dark and dangerous, "Their numbers have gone down by two, yet they are still slow to act. They talk and talk as the day drags on and still some can't make a decision."

"Others yet choose to not speak at all and perhaps they are too scared to speak or they are biding their time, allowing the noisier creatures to turn on each other. Either way, some hunters don't take kindly to silence and one might find them being culled from the crowd by a predator beyond the control and grasp of any of the creatures trapped here in their little world."

She flashed her teeth at them, making it clear that she expected everyone to at least speak if they wanted to stay in the game.

"But despite their indecision, they eventually turn on one of them, perhaps prey, perhaps a predator. They pile on him, squealing their fear and their rage like the piglets of his name, suffocating him with their bodies until he lies still.

There lies Farrow, betrayed by those he thought would keep him alive."

She nods at him to join Precipice and Sweet Gale at the sidelines.

"The sun sinks down below the horizon and the creatures can forget their kills, washing it from the conscience as the evidence of their murder disappears from view. They lie down to rest and, try as they might to prevent it, eventually give in to the temptation of slumber. This is when the predators rise and shed their disguises, ready to begin their hunt again."

The 24 hour-ish night round starts now. This thread will be silent until Through Your Eyes begins the day round.

Day 2 Votes
Expecting to Fly: fluorescein
Butcherbird: Ruriska
Farrow: Amizade, and be blue, phoenix kiss, Shaddaling, PeanutButterpies, Moonstone Dazzle, Kitty Sprightt
Freedom to Act: Dizzy_Kat, Face your demons
Wild Sage: Tiarana
Blurs and Stains: thyPOPE, Sarano_Krem
Second Star to the Right: Vashtya

Abstentions: Minsuil, anemosagkelos

Ruriska
Poor Farrow has been smothered because everyone thought he was using all that air to speak too much.

Nuclearity
You didn't post today! Through Your Eyes is displeased and may be inclined to toss Rising Sun out of the game if this happens again!

Samuel Carlin
You didn't post today! Through Your Eyes is displeased and may be inclined to toss Eating Fireflies out of the game if this happens again!

FrostyPeaches
You didn't post today! Through Your Eyes is displeased and may be inclined to toss Kiss of Death out of the game if this happens again!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:02 pm
"The predators circle their potential prey, speculating on who to kill. Perhaps they should choose someone outspoken because they are a threat, or perhaps someone quiet to throw the prey off their scent. They must choose though, because it is only safe for them to be out of their disguises so long as the sun remains sleeping.

They make their decision as the sun is threatening to rise. They kill quickly and return to their sleeping spots to catch a few moments of rest before they must rise, once again disguised as prey."

She looked at each of them evenly before continuing, "The prey are once again thinned in numbers. One of their own has been killed by a predator in disguise. This kill is obvious, quick, and clean. There is no mistaking the death."

"She had offered information, teasing that she knew things others didn't and perhaps that is why she died. They crushed her throat so she could never tell what secrets she knew. Her name was a prophecy: I'll Never Tell.

Some might take it to be a sign, to talk is to paint a target on one's back because having knowledge and spreading it is power, but then again, she was not very talkative at all. The prey must take heed as their deliberations begin once again. They have until the sun goes down to kill another if they so choose."

Dizzy_Kat
Unfortunately for I'll Never Tell, the predators might have felt a little too threatened by the knowledge she might have.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

Nuclearity

Tipsy Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.((Gah, sorry I didn't participate in the last day round, guys, I had a really busy day irl.))

Rising Sun shook her head in disapproval, "you speak too much, you get voted off. You speak too little, you get voted off. There's no method to this madness!" And now she knew a target would be marked on her as well, because she remained completely silent in the last round, which Through Your Eyes was kind enough to acknowledge. It seemed like Kin were falling off the board left and right, and she could only wonder who was next.

She then had to regard the stallion who'd spoken to her the day prior: Colored Spring. A stallion as delightfully bright in color as herself. "I'm certainly glad to see you again," she smiled, hoping to strike up conversation to make up for yesterday's lack thereof.
Tiarana

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:05 pm

"Oh, dear. What you said does seem to be true" Blurs and Stains replied, nodding toward the brightly colored doe. Her mind went back to thinking about what she had known about the latest kill. She had promised information, some secrets, but hadn't said it and she had been called out.

"We need a starting point. If the predators were afraid of her information, perhaps someone who previously called her out in the day was one of them." She said, trying to think back on who had said something.

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:18 pm
"You're thinking about us," Freedom to Act said smartly. And wasn't she? It was a little too obvious, in Life's opinion, that Blurs and Stains was a predator in disguise. The first night, a kin who'd called Blurs and Stains out died, and the second day, Blurs and Stains had been there immediately with an explanation. And on the third day, to avoid being called out for targeting: ah, yes, 'subtly' attempting to encourage others to make the connection between the felled doe and Blurs and Stains' target (who had, of course, conveniently voted for her the day before). "You may distrust me if you'd like, for calling I'll Never Tell out." She shrugged - but if she had information of any kind, and was willing to risk painting a nighttime target on her back, Life wanted it. "But she is the one who claimed to have information at the first."

Perhaps this was a set-up on the part of particularly clever predators, but Freedom to Act was already well aware that some distrusted her for her aggression. Did it matter? No. "I'll admit there are those I find suspicious, but you, Blurs and Stains, are the most so." But who were her fellow predators? She glanced around the clearing. It was difficult to construct a potential team: the group in general was just so silent that information of any kind was difficult to obtain - perhaps she should have waited to call out those who'd hinted at more. And yet it was likely, if Blurs and Stains seemed to have so much influence over the supposed predators' decisions, that the rest of the team was merely quiet, or herd-followers. Or, Life reminded themself: they could be smart, and have simply chosen to attempt two birds with one strike. Perhaps the day would tell.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:39 pm
Surely, Flood of Light would say more if he knew exactly what he should be saying. Mostly he seemed to be talking to himself, aloud, without really any external influence or reaction. This time, though, he was thoroughly suspicious by the sheer number of kin who had voted Farrow out.

"Don't you think, any of you, it was a little strange so many agreed that Farrow should die? According to the number of players, I'd hazard a guess that it's likely at least one of the predators was in that group, if not two. The ones who killed Farrow," he said.

"Unless we all got lucky, and picked out a predator just like that."

Flood of Light looked at Freedom to Act, the one he'd voted for last round as well. One of the other contenders for the chopping block so to speak had been Blurs and Stains, and here Freedom to Act was picking at her.

Flood of Light found this, also, suspicious. He was having a hard time figuring out if it was Freedom to Act he mistrusted, or if Blurs and Stains was the real culprit. However, if he went by his suspicion that Farrow had been voted out equally by predators as by prey, then... "I still do not trust Freedom to Act, but Blurs and Stains was amongst those who voted to kill Farrow, and now she is in conflict with Freedom to Act... It would be very easy to pick off the suspected Kin who are prey," he suggested, mostly not understanding what he himself was saying.

"In the end, perhaps Blurs and Stains is ... my new vote," he said.

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Sarano_Krem

Feral Knight

13,615 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:05 am
Feral Storm looked at Blurs and Stains. "These kills don't make any sense. Plus, it feels like we're falling into a predictable way of thinking. I say that we vote someone opposite to our current pattern." The dark blue buck looked at the kin around him before continuing, "That's how you get away from a predator in the wild, by changing direction."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:20 am
"Do we even have a current pattern?" Freedom to Act asked. The first day they'd picked Precipice arbitrarily, and yesterday Farrow, mostly following Butcherbird. Well, perhaps the pattern had been that the group tended to simply dogpile votes for execution upon those who had accumulated more than one.

She nodded in acknowledgement of Flood of Light's answer, though. "Yes, what better way to hide your status as predator than by voting with the prey, against one who couldn't - or wouldn't - speak back, without giving reason of your own?" He might distrust Life's methods, but she didn't care: seeing the results she produced would sway him to her side. Butcherbird and Expecting to Fly, she could understand, for they'd provided reasons of their own. Flint and Second Star to the Right, who listened but did not offer their own opinions, Life would look warily at. Tracks and Blurs and Stains? Much, much more suspicious, in Life's eyes. Blurs and Stains' reasonless vote had been only a part of why Life had distrusted her yesterday, and Tracks she remembered as someone who'd been merely going with the majority.

As if a majority had even existed. It'd been a plurality, then, and only barely. And Wild Sage, though he was funny, coming in toward the end, it seemed, just to get a word in...to what purpose? That, Life could not understand. "We would vote for her, too," she continued, nodding at Flood of Light. "But we'll wait to hear her response before that happens." It was pretty clear, though, that she would be voting for Blurs and Stains unless something pretty drastic happened to change the course in someone else's disfavor.

[ooc: ughh i wish there were deadline votes in this ahaha <3]  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:21 am

"I guess I was thinking of you. But weren't there others who commented on the lack of information too? You weren't the only one, surely." She answered Freedom to Act. Honestly, with the doe so hostile towards her, she honestly was starting to question if she was a predator. She took such an aggressive stance on everything, it was almost like she was trying to cover up something by being so upfront. It could just be her personality though. She didn't dwell on it long, turning to the next who spoke.

"Well, logically, if a big group voted on one then yes, a predator would be in the group." She said, "They'd try to fit in, I suppose." She didn't blame Flood of Light's judgement though. It was honestly up to him, who was acting odd or not. After all, she had voted Sweet Gale on a suspicion of hers.

"If we need to change direction, who would you suggest then?" She asked, looking at Feral Storm. He offered a valid idea, at least, which was something she couldn't really say for herself. "I honestly don't think we do have a pattern, which is odd. Shouldn't something be in common by now?" She threw out, blinking a little.

[[ooc: OK everythings in order]]

Games and Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces