Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[RESOURCE] Management Q&A Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shibrogane

Stellar Lightbringer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:23 pm
Re: Lizzy's question above, is that a new rule? When Avalon was a page, I asked whether her apple would regenerate after getting pulped or something/could it be eaten, and told that if her weapon splattered, it'd just return to her in that form every time, and then I was told it was ok to make her apple pretty much indestructible. I mean, that was two years ago about, but I'm still curious in case I ever get another page.

Iris: This is not a new rule, no. It's something that was answered based on responses given by past staff in particular:

"Whether or not a damaged uniform would remain damaged when someone henshins up the next time." - Which was a no, it would fix itself.

And, your own responses from Mouse about Avalon's weapon. When reading the response ourselves we took Mouse's answer as 'if the apple was completely eaten into no longer existing', that would be the problem. It simply getting bruised, bitten once or twice, or even smashed to pieces but the squishy mess is still there are acceptable and you would be able to resummon it to it's full undamaged form.

If you get specific permission, like you did, for the apple to never break it doesn't have too. But you definately could have a weapon that breaks very easily! As long as some weapon remains by the end of the battle it can be resummoned in it's normal form the next time your character henshins up.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 am
Quote:
Just one character vs. a youma does also not count! Remember also that you may only count one youma battle towards your battle requirements per stage; all others would be considered regulars.

Just to make sure I don't miscount anything, a clarification on what is and isn't a battle when Youma are being dusted.

If Sailor A and Sailor B are played by two different people and attacking and dusting Youma Z together, but there's no third person NPCing Youma Z (just the players are writing for it), does it count as the one allowed Youma battle? Or does the Youma Z have to have a separate player NPCing it for it to count?

Iris: As long as there are two powered characters in play, with at least two people rping those characters and youma/disposables if needed, it can count as your one youma battle rp. You do not need a third person."  

Ivynian

Cat

Strickenized

Garbage Cat

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:20 pm
Does Destiny City have a nuclear power plant? If not, from what types of power stations do they get their electricity?

Iris: Destiny City does not have a nuclear power plant of their own, with the closest one being several hours, driving, away. As a big metropolis however it has multiple power stations that power different portions of the city. Coal and natural gas are the most common energy sources that power Destiny City, though some portions of the city have begun to invest in more green options like solar and wind power.  
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 pm
We know how wraiths go through a person to gather energy. But what about youma? They are more solid. So do they touch a person, like an agent would? Is it like a dementor in Harry Potter. Does it differ depending on the youma? Just wanting an idea of it's touch, pulled from the air, sucked out of you, or how it can vary.

Iris: I myself always imagined they kind of.. sucked the energy out of the person by breathing in. But I think it would be fine for there to be multiple methods including physical touch, sucking it out, or even with something as tangible and violent as an actual bite.  

Sleet Tempest Snape

Noble Vampire

Lucifer Force

Sparkling Senshi

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:44 pm
Couple questions that just popped into my head, if you don't mind!

Can youma teleport? That is, if Bazzite is out on a mission with a corrupted senshi/lieutenant that was injured or needed to go back to the Rift, could Bazzite teleport them back?

Iris: For the most part youma are not really capable of transporting on their own.

General information that may be helpful to people-
One method of youma appearing in Destiny city is that they may be summoned or created by Negaverse characters on the spot. Another possibility, to help explain the feral youma that usually run around the city, is that within Negaspace there are officers that are assigned with opening one-way portals to release youma into the city to cause havok. On rare occansions they may also be created spontaneously whenever there's an abundance of chaotic power usage within Destiny City.

These are the ways that most youma get OUT of Negaspace and into Destiny City. However to get back most would need to be teleported back by the power of a Captain or General and cannot teleport back on their own.

Also it should be noted that noone can teleport directly into the Rift. You are teleported into Negaspace and then have to walk into the Rift (summoning is a different story with direct connection to the Rift).

Addressing your direct question for your character
For the most part Bazzite transportation in and out of Negaspace should be powered and controlled by his General. However he IS capable of teleportation in extreme cases, it would just be very energy intensive and shouldn't be done all the time. In situations like the one you mentioned it would be possible for him to teleport to Negaspace (not the Rift).

Realistically speaking it isn't that youma CAN'T teleport, but most lack the intelligence to focus on where they desire to go [since most also lack free will], which would explain why Bazzite, who still possesses memories of how to teleport, and is an intelligent General's youma, would be able to teleport to and from Negaspace.

((Thanks to Indu for being super helpful in answering this question!))

And if someone battles Bazzite, does this count for their battles despite the fact that he's a youma? I know you can now only use one battle per stage vs. a youma, but is Bazzite an exception to the rule?

Iris: Bazzite is completely a youma (as opposed to being a part human/part youma), so his rp battles count the same as youma battles. He's technically a monster, not a powered character anymore.

Thank you very much guys!

EDIT - I worded that poorly. I knew nobody could teleport directly into the Rift, as they have to pass through the Hall of Shadows first. I meant Negaspace. XD Sorry about that!  
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:46 pm
Looking through the old archive Q&A, will there ever be an info write up on the ins-and-outs of teams/courts in the [Information] subforum?

Stuff like LizzyMoo's questions about Captain's Items, which I didn't realize there even were captains items ( and the last update about uniform standards specifically stated no items on senshi art unless GM approved...which I guess would be the caveat that refers to captain's items?)

And the information Nessy and Mouse clarified for AstaraeI about Teams and Courts.

For active players who may be interested in forming new teams, which there seems to be a resurgence of in the Plot forum, the clarifications would be really helpful to have available ( and not everyone has been around since 2011 to know the information even exists or how accurate it is now)

Teams and captaincy items are two thing that staff has been working on revamping. Basically there are big changes coming to both, so while I cannot answer this question right now without causing a heck of a lot more confusion, you can expect an update/announcement within the next couple of months regarding teams.

Awesome, thanks~ Don't mind the wait, just wondering and glad to hear.  

Ivynian

Cat

nessy

Cuddly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 5:00 pm
The thread discussion about templates and ages for cats brought up a question I didn't really know a concrete answer to, so I thought I would ask!

I know it says in the rules that you cannot use the cat templates (human version) for anything but a guardian cat. However if you wanted to have a younger cat or a different pose, is there any rule that says you cannot use the existing powered templates to splice a new one, or use that pose?

Cats can't really be gotten through customs so I don't see this as a truly IMPORTANT question, really a curiosity that I thought might be useful for people who are questing.

Thanks!

Iris: The staff has decided that, at this time, the cat templates and human templates are not interchangeable. Mauvian templates can only be spliced with the other mauvian templates.

It is possible the artists may choose in the future to create more templates for cats or may make minor edits to the existing templates when working on a character. So in the future there may be more variation, but that is something that is up to the artist's discretion and desire and not something that players can/should specifically ask for.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:22 pm
Does DC employ bail enforcement agents, and if so, what licensing/restrictions does it place on them? In the US it varies by state, with some not requiring training or license, to some that have strict regulations, to some not allowing it at all.

Iris: Destiny City is said to be somewhere near the eastern or northeastern coast of the US, so, because most of the states in that area do not require licensing or have strict laws against it I believe that the same would apply to the shop.

That said, bail enforcement agents might find their job a little more difficult/dangerous in a land of magical people, and they might not have the best relationship with the police enforcement. But you are free to have a character with this profession or interact with NPC agents.

Whimsical Blue
Crew

Mythical Shapeshifter

27,765 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Survivor 150

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:30 am
This is probably just me trying to figure out how ORP events should be categorized... xp But what are we supposed to label the respective ORP threads in the recent Carnival event organized by Lith as? I guess I'm asking this on behalf of those characters who have been battling or trying to escape the ensuing chaos on their own without interacting with any other PC characters due to one reason or another? Should these be considered solos in this case and is there a limit as to how many of these "Solo Battles/Regulars" we can use to count towards a character's requirements? Thanks a lot in advance! ^^;

ORP threads that include battles count as battles for your requirements as long as your character has attacked something. They do not actually have to have interacted with other player characters.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:04 am
If two knights of the same planet went to said planet together, and their wonders were close enough together, could they walk from one wonder to another? Or is each rp specific to one wonder, and one wonder only?

I was looking at a map of the Seven Hills, and Caelian's hill is close to Esquiline's. If Orange wanted to keep this geographically correct, they would be close enough to walk to.

Iris: Yes! If two knights on the same planet want to plot that their wonders were very close to each other geographically they can be within traveling distance from each other. As long as the two players are okay with it the shop is okay with it!  

Blue Eyed Melloon

Skilled Connoisseur

19,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 3:30 pm
Quote:
This is probably just me trying to figure out how ORP events should be categorized... xp But what are we supposed to label the respective ORP threads in the recent Carnival event organized by Lith as? I guess I'm asking this on behalf of those characters who have been battling or trying to escape the ensuing chaos on their own without interacting with any other PC characters due to one reason or another? Should these be considered solos in this case and is there a limit as to how many of these "Solo Battles/Regulars" we can use to count towards a character's requirements? Thanks a lot in advance! ^^;

ORP threads that include battles count as battles for your requirements as long as your character has attacked something. They do not actually have to have interacted with other player characters.

Got it. What about civilians who have been running around without attacking anything or interacting with other PC characters then? Will this count as a Regular thread for them?

Iris: As long as you've met the word count and the character was responding to prompts from the rolls then yes, it would be a regular for them.  
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:59 pm
So in my search to feed my Willy-Nilly ideas (that I may should be shunned for idk) -- I found a few celestial objects that I just have to ask about.

Gold and Ivory

I have a feeling there maybe a silver somewhere that I'm missing.

However my question is for names like that -- that could also possibly be used for the negaverse being precious metals and technically used as minerals -- are these legitimate names for senshi or should these names be left to the negaverse or what happens with those sorts of names?

*Edit*

They also appear to be on the locked sphere list because they do appear on the periodic table and it states that those metals/minerals on the periodic table are banned... So this just adds to my how does this work since they've been found to be space objects too?

Natsube: I think it's pretty clear that to an average layperson that gold and ivory would be complicated to the game, and I wouldn't suggest using them. Just because they are also space objects doesnt mean that the banning of them would lift?
So yes, if something sounds super negaversey in regards to sailor planetary objects, its probably not the clearest of choices and shouldnt be used without express permission.

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

Silent Spy

Versatile Man-Lover

9,600 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:51 pm
Do Corrupt Senshi require a Guardian Cat to rank up to the next level, or do they also have the option of ranking up via promotion from a superior officer? In the past, characters have powered up in the corruption process without a Guardian Cat present, which points to them being not needed for the growth process then, but generally Senshi do need a Guardian Cat. What's the policy on this?

Iris: For pure upgrades of corrupt senshi we ask that you use a Guardian Cat.

During a corruption or awakening a superior officer is required to actually handle the starseed and pump chaos in. On occasion in the past while doing a corruption the senshi has also been upgraded at the same time. Often this included a cat being present, but there may have been a few where that was not a case. This is more of a fluke based on power surging and is not a traditional or normal form of upgrade.

For normal upgrades a cat would be required, whereas a superior officer is not required but may of course be in attendence if they like.

Clear/concise list:
* I'm awakening my senshi - Superior officer necessary. Guardian cat encouraged but not necessary.
* I'm corrupting a pre-existing senshi - Superior officer necessary.
* I'm upgrading at the same time I corrupt - Superior officer necessary. Guardian cat encouraged but not necessary.
* I'm upgrade my previously corrupted senshi - Guardian cat necessary. Superior officer optional.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:01 am
I have a question regarding personalized items.

As you know, Hugbell already has Barnaby (her stuffed bear) - whom she uses as a part of her attack. With the new personalized item(s) that are coming into existence how does this affect him and her using him? Would it be beneficial for me to submit an item request on him?

Iris: Barnaby is an exception and grandfathered case from the early chibis before the 'no items' rules were tightened a bit more.

Technically, if he were a NEW magic, he shouldn't be being carried around at all times. It would be summoned at the moment of attack, used, and then disappear at the end of the attack.

Considering he is used for an attack/has battle use he also doesn't qualify as a personalized item which aren't supposed to have uses that greatly deal with battle (which being the source of her powers does).

So he is not a personalized item and you should not submit anything for him. He's just a grandfathered plush that the early chibis were allowed to keep instead of stripping them from them when the rules for items in artwork/play were laid out more clearly.

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50

LittleLilyKitty

Tiny Kitten

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:09 pm
I have couple curious questions regarding of personalized items. I thought they might be helpful to someone. heart

What happens to a personalized item if the character switches sides, in other words is corrupted/purified?

Iris: They would keep the item and it would purify/corrupt with them. If the item's use no longer works with their new faction (for instance say you have the Negaverse bag that holds extra energy, but as a knight you can't actually drain energy) then it may be necessary for you to contact staff and see about modifying the powers of your item.

What is the stance of rainbow crystals and personalized items? Are rainbow crystals considered as personalized items?

Rainbow Crystals are not personalized items. A player maybe have both a crystal and an item.

Okay, got it! Thanks! heart  
♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces