Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:33 pm
Rylyrr

He waited patiently by the young man, looking out over the sands. He has missed so many impressions and now only the last dragon, a blue was on the sands and walking around. Find yours, he said quietly., and settled in to wait a bit longer.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Now. Now the moment of truth! The last four hatchlings had found their riders. Only a single egg remained unhatched. The pair watched it closely. Was it? Would it? Their attention was quite riveted.

Ah ha! So there was life in there. Vos watched the stoic little blue pace gracefully across the sands.

magnadearel

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:35 pm
Shahera was bemused by D’mar’s actions and words, if a little concerned. He was not doing well and she wasn’t sure she could keep him going without real Healer help. Though the what she could only assume was a relay of the question and answer by D’mar was very amusing. She tried to not laugh. It was difficult, especially when Dolly didn’t seem to want to know why his dragon (Strigonth) was asking about a meaning of a word.

Once Therianth relayed what Strigonth had told her, Shahera thought for a bit while feeding her dragon. She knew she should wait until after D’mar finished feeding Strigonth. But probably not long after that. Cut, feed, ponder, consider…That was all it could be. Therianth, please tell Strigonth…

Of course. You are a good friend. Love, comfort, and pride washed over Shahera. Strigoth, Shaheramine suggests that once fed we return yours to the care of the Healers. He needs rest and there they will be able to watch over him. Shaheramine will make sure you are taken care of and can stay with yours. She does add we might need to force him to stay. A small worried whine escaped. Please let her, Shaheramine is so very worried about yours. She would never say so, but it is true.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:38 pm
The man made a wordless sound of assent, after a long pause born of trying to find what best to say, which was a rare problem for him indeed. Such sheer helpfulness was uncomfortably unfamiliar - what reason could the new brownrider possibly have for coming back out onto the Sands to help him? He'd gain nothing from it but a bloody robe. Perhaps if they'd been at High Reaches, Dezerac would have been able to see some shred of sense in it, an early move to find favor with the rider of a metallic dragon, but this was Western. Vedmath's color was meaningless. So why?

Because he is Hessianth's, and he is good. If you do not trust him, then trust me. His is my brother, he emphasized, giving the word all the importance it could carry and knowing what it would mean to his bonded. He would only choose well. Had he been in a position to do so, Vedmath would have bumped his head against his rider, but each was injured and being carefully supported, and such a move would have upset the balance neither one had in good supply. It would have to wait until they'd complete their short but precarious trek over to the Healers, this time without interruption. The required jostling to get there and then get settled, no matter how much care anyone took about what they were doing, exacerbated the pain, but at this point, what was more pain? It all just blurred together as his vision swam, though he remained stoic throughout. Weakness in the presence of so many others was unacceptable. I do not know that it is his stock that makes him so, Vedmath then mused to his clutchmate. His brother had been good, but his father? The mother who'd given him over to the man? Wretched. But my warrior-Mine is strong, and he can be good. We will be good. Together.

Long fingers curled to a white-knuckled grip on the edge of where he'd been placed, and - thank Faranth, while Hessianth's was away fetching meat for the dragons - his shoulder was set. That got a grunt and a hiss, and had Vedmath nuzzling at him. Dezerac would have reached out to him, and nearly did, but knew that it was better to keep his death grip on something inanimate. Bad enough that he'd already kicked his bondmate in the face, accident or no. By the time his fellow Weyrling returned, his actual wounds were being seen to, the poking and prodding of being examined and cleaned, stitched or bandaged where necessary. More pain to add to the haze. And if his eyes glazed or his hand shook a bit when he accepted the pieces of meat handed to him to pass to his dragon, well. Stubborn and seasoned or not, he didn't have quite enough left in him to tamp down every sign of the state he was in (as if the blood didn't give it away).

Vedmath stayed steadily beside him, mirroring that resilience as he, too, was seen to, with a break now and then to eat. Because while he might hurt, now that the danger had passed, he was starving. Thank you, and Yours, the bronze made sure to add, Mine will say so, too, when he is able.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur
Crew

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:40 pm
And Phayton has left, without even telling her the name of his new dragon. She was happy for him, of course—and of course he wanted klah. He always wanted klah. She sighed, and gave a roll of her eyes. This hatching had made her want to leave as quickly as possible—and now she was here alone.

And then she wasn’t. A dragonet came up to her and opened his wings.

You need not fear ever being alone again, Jaillamine. Do not pine for your friend, for I will stand with you when he cannot. She hesitates, wide eyed. Was this what Impression felt like? All her fear had gone away. Your beloved stars do not shine more brilliantly than your Micheth.

“Of course not,” she agreed, with a smIle. Nothing could be better than this. No wonder Phayton had gone off in a hurry! Nothing else seemed to matter. It was Micheth that reminded her that something else did.

I waited a long time, Jaillamine, and now I am famished.

“Let’s get you something to eat, then.”  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:41 pm

Ah...

Here was the source of much of the pain. The Gargoyle paused to nuzzle Huarwar's hand, sending a wave of love and support to the young man. He was not his, but he was loved. And not alone. Never alone.

The Blue attempted to take a share of the young man's pain, licking that hand tenderly, trying to lend comfort where he could.

But he was not finished. This was not over. There were other bright spots of pain. The girl was nuzzled too, and then he moved on.

Onward, to a bright locus of agony, of torment, and terrible guilt. A'ral found himself staring down into a baby dragon's eyes as the little one nuzzled against his knee. The Candidatemaster stared, his eyes red rimmed, tear tracks carved into his cheeks.

Another soft lick of the hand, and a wave of support.

A'ral closed his eyes, and tried to gather his strength. Be strong, for the children. And the Gargoyle licked him again.

And then moved on.

There she was, standing a little apart. His sweet girl, who needed him as much as any of these others. RennatiMine, please do not be alarmed. You have seen the ferocity that my brethren have to offer, but nothing of their kindness. Your Rouenth offers it now.

User Image

Nilah44

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:46 pm
Vash

Was it bad that she was thanking Faranth herself for all the hatchlings finally finding Theirs? Vash let out a huge sigh, though there was a small hint of disappointment... followed by a jump as the redhead realized there was one more shaffing egg. And it had just hatched with a blue! She stared in wonder, awe, and maybe a bit of fear. What would this hatchling do? There were no siblings for it to currently distract itself with.

Just traumatized candidates that had yet to flee from the Sands.

The redhead hoped he found his chosen swiftly. Before toying with candidates became more of an appeal then actually Impressing.

And she really really wanted to make sure that a certain someone (Dolmar) was still... alive.

Finally. Finally, all the hatchlings had Impressed. Vash found herself just happy to make it off the Sands with everything in tact.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:53 pm
Huarwar

Someone had joined him and it wasn't Aelyx...seeing another female drape a blanket over Huarwar he suddenly reacted, pulling it from his brothers body, his eyes lifting to stare at her, a snarl on his lips. "Don't touch him." His voice was deadly as he spoke. He was aware of Aelyx against his back, but he paid no mind to it now. He was hurt, he was angry and in pain. People were helping that green out, the green who had murdered his brother. Sure, it was just a baby and even if deep down he knew he shouldn't fault it, they knew they could die...he hated it. Hated it with all of his passion.

The feel of a muzzle against his hand caused Huarwar to turn his attention to a blue. He stared at it, feeling it trying to help ease his pain and he welcomed it but, it wasn't going to work. Perhaps if that blue had been his, but it was not. Once the blue left him and impressed, Huarwar stood up, he looked at Aelyx, his face stony before he bend down and picked up Huarwar's limp body. He wasn't going to allow anyone to carry out his twin except him. It was over. It was done and he was without his twin for the first time in his life.

"You might not want to stay around me...right now Aleyx." His voice was still soft, cold to the ears. It was all he said before he began to carry his brother off the sands, pausing at the entrance as he came to A'ral, the candidatemaster. He didn't know what protocol was on this, what they did when a candidate was killed on the sands.

"Sir..." He didn't want him to take Henwas away, he wanted to carry him to where ever they were going to put him. He wasn't going to leave him, not yet.

Ruhane Chiisai

Mx Cherie

-_Wish of Tevare_-

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Norathoman had been working hard, finishing patching Farellen up, when something invaded his mind, making his stitching stutter for a moment. Then, as he was handing it off to the other healer to finish, a loud bugle startled him, making him drop the needled, as a hatchling landed by his feet.

As if to add to the pile of surprises, something pushed at his mind.

My Norathoman! Your Fantoth is here! Did I give you quite the start?! I hope so! Now hurry up and finish with this one, because I am tired of waiting, and very bored. You've been here for FOREVER, Mine. Mix it up a little and come play with Yours.

Slowly, the healer began to turn. Next to his hand, Plague peeked, eyes shifting to a bright and merry blue, mixed with green. She didn't intervene, though, ever well behaved and mannered, even when the hatchling nudged at Her Human's arm, letting out a petulant little sound.

My Norathoman! Pay attention to me! Please?

Finally, Norathoman looked down, eyes meeting the shifting blue-green facets of Fantoth's own eyes. "Me? But... I..." He looked at Plague, who actually made a little shooing motion with her paws, as if to tell him to get to it. Nora let out a little laugh, almost bewildered. "Did you know?"

How could she? Now come on, let's go play! To punctuate his desire, Fantoth tugged at his own's trouserleg, eyes still bright blue-green.

When he turned to the other healer, Nora found himself being shood by them, too, a delighted look in the other healer's eye. The corners of his mouth twitched, before he was soon smiling, turning to Fantoth. "Okay... Okay, Fantoth, I'll play. Just... Watch the claws and teeth, please... I'm not so good at self-surgery."

The little blue began to bounce around, letting out happy squeaking trills. Play, play! Yes, let's play! Finally pla- Oops! With a squawk, he bumped into another person, nearly knocking them over. Fantoth crouched down, slinking back to his quickly.  
There, there. Rio hugged Alya close and rested his chin atop her head, and all of it as much to make himself feel better as for her. And then Isilje was hugging them, too, and a smile broke through the sadness again. "Congratulations," he told her, freeing an arm to return the gesture, and smiled at her dragon, too, in spite of the look she'd previously given him. "You'll be perfect together, I'm sure."

In what seemed forever and both no time at all, it was over. The violence had finished at last, and the remaining dragonets found Theirs, one by one, leaving Rio and Alya and no shortage of others without a bonded to call their own, and that was fine. There was no jealousy in Rio's heart, only happiness for them, and profound relief that it was over. He pulled back a little from his embrace of Alya to offer his arm and a tired smile. "I don't know about you, but I think I'd really like to be somewhere else now. My feet hurt."

His heart hurt, too.

Tsunake

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:58 pm

A'ral's face crumpled momentarily at the sight of one of his boys hanging limply in another's arms. And oh Faranth, that hurt. To see Huarwar still standing, but now alone? The guilt was incredible. The pain was... enough to make him numb. He stared for a long moment. Then, he clapped a hand on Huarwar's shoulder. "There'll be a bonfire for him. I want you to light it. And... my Zinath can take him between, if you like. He... " The Candidatemaster fought to keep his throat from closing, to swallow around the lump that had suddenly appeared. "Deserves to be sent off as the hero that he was." Oh, his poor boy. His poor, poor boy. A'ral tried to regain his composure. Huarwar needed him to be strong. Needed him to do right by him. Shaffitall. It just... wasn't fair.

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:02 pm
Lennik and Brown Hessianth

When Isilje came to where they were at the healer's station, he offered her a smile. "Congratulations. I'm glad we could...settle that as best as we can," he glanced at the white, watching as Hessianth observed the white cooly, then looked up at his bonded. Tell her - "Hessianth says that if uh..." he motioned to Suwayenth, not knowing her name, "needs some care, we should see a second station set up so she and Vedmath aren't near each other." Hessianth huffed. That isn't what I said. It's nicer than what you said. For Brancath it doesn't have to be nice. She wouldn't say anything nice. he countered, pondering if that reflected on the pale woman now standing in front of his chosen.

He took another bite of food, making sure to chew it loudly with several snaps of his jaw with a low rumble before he passed on the gratitude offered up from the bronze to his bonded. L'nik nodded. It wasn't really necessary.

L'nik continued to cut the meat methodically - one for Vedmath, one for Hessianth, rinse, lather. "He's strong," he said, nodding at the bronze who was having the bites and savaging. He was a handsome specimen and was going to be a big one. Albeit, being bronze that was fairly standard, but... "I don't care what she said. He wasn't at fault for any of that." At his knee, Hessianth rumbled his agreeance.

xxx-_Wish of Tevarae_-

xxxxMeepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

Taking a deep breath, she counted down. "And... three!" She growled, lifted up as gently as she could the beauteous green dragonet. A peal of a whimper sounded from Suwayeth's throat as her hurt wing was jostled and Kieza grimaced as she felt the shadow of the pain press through her. She hushed the dragonet, sending soothing thoughts to her chosen.

As one, they moved off the sands toward the Healers and nourishment for the sweet dragonet. "Easy! ...easy. Gently there..." She murmured as they lowered the green to the ground.

Almost immediately a dragonhealer stepped forward to assist and took the matter of the wing into their hands, easily bracing and wrapping the wing with skilled quickness. In a matter of minutes, Suwayeth's wing was wrapped stiffly and her other injuries treated with a dosage of numbweed. The dragonhealer quickly departed soon after and Kieza released the pent up breath she had been holding. Kiezamine, do I look silly? The dragonet crooned, raising her head to peer at her wrapped wing with a mixture of dismay and curiosity. "It will heal, my beloved. Leave it be!" She yelped, grabbing at the muzzle of her dragon as Suwayeth tried to nibble at the dressing. But I'm so hungry, my Kieza. Please. Can we eat? "Momentarily, my love."

Kieza stood up and looked toward those who had helped her. "I cannot thank you enough... It is so appreciated. I could not bear her being in pain and alas.... she is finally free of it." Suwayeth bumped her hand as she finally gathered her feet under her. "Shall we feed our hungry dragonets?" She murmured. Suwayeth perked up at this and let out a clear peal of delight, eyes shining blue with a shock of purple in them as she stared up at Kieza.

Teiha

magnadearel

Avid_RPer18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:08 pm
Aelyx

Not be around him. He said that as if she had any other intention, "...Whether I should be or not...that's my choice. I'm going to be beside you. No matter what." Wherever life took him, Aelyx would follow, Even now. Now that she followed him over to A'ral, looking at Henwas in his brother's arms, then to the man. Her own copper and gold gaze was steely, her resolve the only thing keeping her from screaming and sobbing. That would be another time. In private. Right now, she would be Huarwar's quiet shadow, ever there to comfort him if he wanted it...just there for HIM as a whole.

BastetAmun

Mx Cherie

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:13 pm
Rinis nodded as Kieza counted down. On three, she lifted slowly but gently with the rest. "Sorry, just hang on a little longer," she murmured softly. Carefully as possible she walked over the sands toward the healers. They made it without too much trouble. She lowered the green into the waiting care of the healers and stepped back. "Good luck," Rinis said to the pair.

She started to move back toward the sands and realized all the eggs were now empty and the sands filled only with disappointed candidates. Oh, it was over and she'd missed the last egg hatching. Still she didn't regret helping. Rinis took a deep breath. It was over. Slowly she turned and walked out of the sands, alone, and into the darkness.

Mewsings of An Angel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces