Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 pm
Silviu and blue Aramath (ex-HR)

The rest of the world was a dim blur of color as Silviu stared into the rainbow eyes of the blue dragonet, buoyed up and filled with Aramath. His own feelings welled up like a fountain. Devotion, love, and purest joy. It was overwhelming, and yet the boy did not cry again. Instead, he was the comforter, holding the infant close as it poured out its fears and shame.

When Aramath was calm, Silviu seemed to awake as if from a dream, and discovered that his friend had also Impressed! Her green was covered with… red blood. The boy took a deep breath, refusing to let himself think about what that meant. She was upset, and her bonded…

She is sorry, she killed him but she is so sorry! Her poor wing is broken. We have to forgive her. We have to help Suwayeth! Aramath was bumping his head against the boy’s thighs, trying to set him into motion. As Silviu went to Kieza, Aramath hovered over his sister, crooning worriedly to her.

“Can we help? What can we do?”

Mewsings of An Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm
Aelyx

It was like watching something from the depths of her deepest nightmares. Huarwar had suddenly put his arm around her, and she'd been about to say something when both of them were behind another body. She could feel the blood, some of it splattering her on her robes, across her cheek, and mismatched eyes couldn't focus. It was a whirl of green and red, making literally no sense to her mind until wings and a tail came in to focus. A dragonet. That was the little green that had been....attacking boys. She'd gone for Huarwar, but he wasn't the one under her claws so who...? That was when it hit the green-haired candidate like a ton of stone. She sank slowly to the ground, watching her beloved move.

Suddenly, there was lead in every part of her, slowly boiling until it became super heated, and she felt as though she might melt in to the sands themselves, like she was choking on it. She was drowning, and then there were tears. No. The broken, bleeding body couldn't be Henwas. He'd been talking just a moment ago. It was impossible. Henwas had been right there, he'd....He'd...

Shards and shells...he'd sacrificed himself....for Huarwar...for her....It was like moving through egg goo, like there was a thick film in the air seperating her and the boy as a hand reached out to touch his shoulder. It took a good few minutes before she was against his back and holding him close to her. No...This wasn't happening. His screamed obscenity at the green that had done this was understandable. In that moment, she didn't EVER want to Impress. She never even wanted to think about it. Impression meant that she would have to deal with this horror show again, and Aelyx...she couldn't imagine that. Slowly, her face buried in the back of his robes, and all she could do was whisper.

Quiet platitudes. I'm so sorry. or no. It was over and over, her arms moving to encircle him as best they could as she sobbed, fury and heartbreak on the behalf of the first bedmate who'd accepted her....SHOVING through her heart. Was it bad she was thinking of leaving candidacy because of this? Was it wrong?

BastetAmun

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:42 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

Vos focused her attention on Gargoyle, privately trying to decide if it even contained a dragon. They were starting to reach the end and she couldn't remember even seeing it wiggle. She posed the question to her dragon. I have not, was the reply.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

"Don't think anything of it Kieza! Let's just get her some attention." She offered a smile to the little green. "You'll be alright in a bit." She looked up as yet another came over, with a blue in tow. "I think the four of us can carry her fairly easily. Rinis moved up by the green's right shoulder. "Everyone take a section. We'll lift on Kieza's count of three."

Mewsings of An Angel

Avid_RPer18

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:43 pm
Ty'bar & Asilaeth

This horror had to end, it was like watching the worst of things in slow motion happen all around him. What was all of it worth?

Hatchlings, the newest members of the Weyr lovely one, they are what it is all worth and they will be the ones that carry Western to the future. Just look down there now, not everything is terrible, not everything is death.

Ty'bar's eyes lit up when Asilaeth spoke and he followed where her nose was pointing to the form of the newest pairing on the sands. Vennodren had Impressed!

"Look at that! It's a green, just like he wanted!" Ty'bar's heart soared for the younger man, knowing how it felt to have stood for so long and finally have that feeling, that love be actualized. Without thinking he jumped up and laughed happily with little care to any around him, he knew most of these riders anyway and what did it matter, Ven had Impressed! "I can't wait to meet her!"

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:45 pm
D'mar & Strigonth

His hands started finely shredding the meat again as if on auto-pilot. Strigonth hadn't said anything, but he knew the hatchling was still hungry. He could feel it. "Good. Glad he stopped playing around," Came the rasp. Really, he'd thought Marinel'd be more keen about the hatching. To ask to play in the middle of it all? Well, that was like him too. A twinge of sympathy rose from the blue. They both had siblings who just did not know when to behave or act properly. Tragic, really. "Thank you for looking after him," He continued, still slicing and feeding, eyes more distant than focused, but not managing to cut himself again. "He means the world to me."

A nudge from the blue snout.

"...Half the world to me."

That's better. The nuzzle from his green sister, of all dragonets, was unexpected. He bore it with stoic dignity, and did not press back, though he thrummed in pleasure all the same. He was still leaning his weight into his rider, as if to ground him to the moment. What is numbeweed?

"A plant, Strigonth. You make a paste of it to....leech the pain from wounds." It'd taken longer than he liked to summon up the information, and his brow pinched with the effort, a stray bead of sweat carving a clear line through the dried blood and sand of the evening smeared across his cheek.

...I think perhaps so, Therianth. Though I worry that without the pain he will, indeed, sleep.

faesinger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:47 pm
A D A R

Nodding to each learned name in turn, Adar sighed quietly at the green's wash of emotion and gentle head butts. "Hey, little lady, Suwayeth, it'll be okay. Only forward and up from here," She soothed softly. "We'll get you to the sidelines where healers and food are waiting." Looking to Kieza, she listened intently to the relayed information. Hm. Couldn't risk moving the wing around too much then and she didn't seem to have the energy or strength to make it to the weyrling table area walking. Grabbing hold of one of her own robe's sleeves, she pulled as hard as she could, until the seaming at the shoulder gave a series of pops and she was able to fight the sleeve free. "Okay, we can maybe tear this lengthwise and get strips enough to fashion a sling to help steady her wing until we can get you both off the sands." Better than having an injured wing loose and more likely to get bumped or knocked with multiple people helping. " Once secure, we'd have a little more wiggle room with where we can get a better hold on her, on you," She suggested to both newly minted weyrling and dragon. "Or if there's worry of possible further trouble with carrying her off, we can also use the strips to kind of fashion a harness that we can help lift the majority of her weight and Suwayeth can pad off supported on either side." Adar sniffed, rocking back on her heels, and smiled at the thanks. "Those are my ideas anyway and I'm happy to help." She nodded to Silviu at his approach. "Wing sling and carry?"

Mewsings of An Angel

magnadearel

Teiha

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:03 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

Kieza gawked as another joined them, and suddenly a blue dragonet was hovering closely over them as well. She looked and blinked for a moment. It was the boy from earlier! A rush of relief spread through her and her smile softened, happy that he was here too. She then looked to Adar and Rinis. "Yes, everyone take a side and lift on the mark." Will it hurt, Kiezamine? The dragon crooned, but her eyes fell on Silviu nervously, clearly uncertain of the male Cand... no, it was a rider. The dragonet spun her head back to croon once more at her sibling so close, baleful sad thoughts filling her. Oh brother Aramath, what have I done? I am terrible... "It might, beloved. Just be brave if it does and don't bite."

She was shocked with the relief that flowed through her. Her beautiful companion would soon be well, and so would she. When no looks of rage or shock filled them when they looked at her beautiful dragon. No. Suwayeth deserved love, not hatred.

magnadearel

Avid_RPer18

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:07 pm
The Greenest Green Brown
The sand had broken its fall, and for a few moments the little one had been rightly dazed. It heard a gasp from the crowd, and expected that soon, many would come over and help it up. Maybe his father, Blundarth, would rush to his aid. Maybe someone would care that he'd fallen because -- quite frankly -- it kind of hurt. The crash had been fun, flying up the air, until he'd hit and rolled.

. . . but no one came.

So he laid in the sand waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

There were keens, and grief, and bugles, and roars, but he bid his time.
Surely, someone would take pity on his fallen form! Was it because ichor wasn't spraying everywhere? Hmm. How long would they leave him there, anyway? So the little brown remained as a heap. Maybe this time someone would -- nope. Not yet. Or what about -- nah. Nobody. Cared.

So, with the smallest of shifts, he cracked open an eye and looked around. He'd always known who he'd wanted, but for whatever reason, his was too pre-occupied to know that he wanted him.

Pssst. Hey. My Oerlean. Over here! This way! The fallen, broken, brown Aleyath! Hurry up and notice me so we can have a dramatic scene, okay? I wanted a grand entrance, or to do something daring, but nobody paid attention to my flip. Hurry now, and make a fuss, so we can rightfully have a little bit of glory, eh? And with that, the little brown closed his eye again, pretending to play dead.

So what if all the dragons knew he was well alive. It would still be fun!

Oerlean could feel the love, desire, and fondness rolling from the new connection. Just because his dragon was far away didn't mean that he could not still Impress. His was the most perfect of them all. Now, if only he could lead the other away from the crowd.

User Image

Smerdle

The Plummy Plum Blue
Similar to Alyeth, this blue also found attention to be scarce. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing. Everyone was talking to one another, and not properly focused on him. Well. Maybe that was for the best?

As he snuck through the crowd, he paused now and then to pounce at one Candidate or another. He tore a few robes, tripped a few others with his wing, and might have pinched someones's calf just a little too hard with his jaws. Whoops.

But this little one had a purpose, and he knew exactly where he wanted to go. He had waited, an waited, and waited, an waited, and waited long enough for His to notice him. And since His wasn't going to notice him, he'd simply have to make them turn around.

Creeping quietly through the Sands, he found his target, deep at work. He snuck as quietly as he could, crawling on his belly over to his chosen. He had one shot at this, and one shot alone. When the time was right, he quite suddenly LEAPT at Norathoman where he was working on Farellan. He bugled as loud as possible, hoping to give His quite the fright! Thankfully, the blue had enough sense not to actually tackle him, and came to land just off to the side.

His eyes whirled a bright blue-green of humor before turning into a rainbow regard. My Norathoman! Your Fantoth is here! Did I give you quite the start?! I hope so! Now hurry up and finish with this one, because I am tired of waiting, and very bored. You've been here for FOREVER, Mine. Mix it up a little and come play with Yours. He reached out to carefully push his head underneath Norathoman's arm, giving a petulant creel.

Surely he was more important than letting someone bleed out!

User Image

Andranis

The Mustard Yellow Blue
It was time.

When a certain pair Impressed, that appeared to be the signal this blue needed to make his move. Throughout it all, this blue had remained still, but he knew now what he must do. Moving surely, he navigated his way among the Candidates, knowing exactly where His happened to be.

Finally, he was able to look up at her, and know. He stretched his wings wide, as if to embrace his Jailla.

You need not fear ever being alone again, Jaillamine. Do not pine for your friend, for I will stand with you when he cannot He spoke, his words gentle, full of assurance, and undying love. Your beloved stars do not shine more brilliantly than your Micheth. It was not a question from this blue -- it was a statement. He was not alarmed, or insecure, but he did want her to know that nothing would be greater than him. She was His, for now and for always. He would not abandon her, or let her down. Jailla was his world.

User Image

Thaliawen

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Waiver

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:16 pm
G'ryl and Brown Sarcoth
G'ryl looked up as the other said it was okay to cry and his face scrunched up even tighter as he forced back the tears, desperately trying to hide behind some semblance of cold calculation. It had never been like this before... That someone would judge another over such a thing, that was one terrifying component. He just didn't know right now, and the only ray of light was Sarcoth, a steady, bright warmth he clung to in the maelstrom of emotions.

He didn't really register Yeevalee's retreat until his dragon shuffled around to clamber into his lap, wings wrapped around him as he eagerly stuck his head in the feed bucket. A blanket on his back, a dragon in his lap, and a plethora of wounds were his souvenirs from the night.

It was several minutes more before he finally felt the surge of emotions ebb, the calm, collected, contentedness of a full belly seeping into his conciousness. When he took that deep, unsteady breath, G'ryl glanced over at Yeevalee and Gallanth with a curious look. Someone had been concerned enough about him to ask... that, that meant a lot to G'ryl.

We will speak to them later, Mine. I will help you find the words to thank them. Sarcoth rumbled quietly, following his rider's gaze.

”Shaddaling”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:17 pm

Well, well, well. Look at his man cowering over there. Hmmmm! This would never do.

User Image

Dharzolmine, come, let your Jannath set you free! Does he know he's not your one and only? Don't worry, you're my one and only! One and only rider, that was! As far as the Blue was concerned, they didn't need to worry about silly little things about societal standards or prejudice. And had been hatched to keep his dear, lovely Dharzol's secrets!

I'm hungry for loooove! And oh, what's that over there? That smells soooo delicious!

With a little flick of his tail, Jannath twined about his newly Impressed rider, gazing up with adoring eyes at the man. Wasn't he clever for finding him all on his own, and with no bloodshed, to boot?

smolderingskies

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:22 pm

Gravely, ponderously, the Gargoyle egg at last began to rock. At long, long last, its time had come. A sense of calm and peace permeated the hatching grounds near the egg, and slowly, bit by bit, little pieces of the shell were chipped away. Bit by bit, until at last a lone Blue stood in the moment of silence. He held it, carrying it with the weight of all that had happened. Tragedy had echoed through this place, where once laughter had danced. But it was all over now.

He took once step forward, peering about this way and that. Searching, it seemed... for someone.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:24 pm
Silviu and blue Aramath (ex-HR)

Suwayeth, you are not terrible! If anyone is terrible, it is me! I hurt Helsinth, my own brother. I… I was just so angry! Aramath’s eyes whirled yellow with shame, and he nuzzled her face gently. Rest your mind, sister, we are here for you.

Nodding to Kieza and the other two gathered around Suwayeth, Silviu readied himself to assist them in lifting the green dragonet.

Mewsings of An Angel

magnadearel

Avid_RPer18

Teiha

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:26 pm
Isilje

When she stood amongst all the other Weyrlings, she had to gently press her fingers to Brancath's headknobs to keep her from running right over to Suwayeth, Hush love. I have somewhere else to go REALLY fast... Somewhere was over to sit by Lennik, with Brancath suddenly staring at him and huffing loudly. NO. No, not by the boys. Why couldn't they sit by Suwayeth and Hers? Why did it have to be HERE! Ignoring the outburst, she smiled at Lennik, and started chopping up meat for her small hatchling, "Hello Lennik..." She didn't know his honorific yet, "Guess we're Weyrlings together."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:27 pm

The Gargoyle was walking, and where he walked, calm spread out like the tides. A single step, each carefully measured. Let me take your pain, let me lift you up, the Blue seemed to say without a word. Without a thought. He was stronger than mountains. He could carry it all.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:33 pm
H A R O L

With rapid fire Impressions and the commotion dying down, Harol finally took the time to relax a little since the Gargoyle egg alone remained. The dragonet within seemed to chip away the egg until it was completely free. A blue! Definitely a more calm, methodical seeming one at that. Hopefully the violence and commotion was behind everyone and the blue would find His without incident. Looking from the now freed Gargoyle, he had to crane around a little to spot his sister, who was huddled around the little green that had...Well, she seemed to be having trouble and his sister was among those helping out. He smiled to himself, proud of his sister. Good on her.

A D A R

Draping her now torn off sleeve around her neck, she simply nodded and got into position around Suwayeth. "Okay, I'm ready when you are." She readied herself to lift and carry.

Mewsings of An Angel

magnadearel

Teiha

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out