Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koukaze

O.G. Browser

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:51 am
Albino - Cedric
Loonamist
You realize how sarcastic and disrespectful that sounds, right? o-o

I shouldn't defend myself here because I didn't intend to do anything wrong, but I will.

It wasn't supposed to be seen that way. It was actually a point and compliment. I read the rules and was pointing out what they say, and the "great Mod Loona" was a legit compliment. You answer more questions than the other mods after all. Not to disrespect the others, of course. They do great work, too.

If everything I say is going to be taken as sarcastic and disrespectful, then I'll just never ask anymore questions, point out anything else for clarity's sake, or compliment anyone again. Sorry to waste your time and hurt you, even though it wasn't my intent at all.

Loon doesnt need my help defending themselves but I will,

Its not about weather or not it sounded disrespectful its the way it came across and how you said it. If a Mod is telling you something and you dont get the answer you were hoping for you cant go around and saying things like "the great Mod Loona has spoken". It doesnt really matter who you are, based on the situation and placement of your words it sounds pretty bad. Loon works hard and does her job. So next time instead of that say "Thanks again Loon I appreciate how you always help me out". Just think about how something might be taken or looked at it just makes it easier for everyone

Now Im not a mod or crew, but I have been here from the very start. From the very first post. Im one of the original Revolutionists. My word isnt as strong as say Specs or Vig but I will defend them and I wont tolerate them feeling insulted or disrespected in a guild they brought us together in to get rid of that  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:06 am
Koukaze
Albino - Cedric
Loon doesnt need my help defending themselves but I will,

Its not about weather or not it sounded disrespectful its the way it came across and how you said it. If a Mod is telling you something and you dont get the answer you were hoping for you cant go around and saying things like "the great Mod Loona has spoken". It doesnt really matter who you are, based on the situation and placement of your words it sounds pretty bad. Loon works hard and does her job. So next time instead of that say "Thanks again Loon I appreciate how you always help me out". Just think about how something might be taken or looked at it just makes it easier for everyone

Now Im not a mod or crew, but I have been here from the very start. From the very first post. Im one of the original Revolutionists. My word isnt as strong as say Specs or Vig but I will defend them and I wont tolerate them feeling insulted or disrespected in a guild they brought us together in to get rid of that

Not everything is an insult. Some people can be genuinely sincere even after being denied. Even people who are generally brats when they don't get their way. Sure, I didn't get the answer I was hoping for, but that's fine. I can, and will happily, manage posting separately for Theo and Aston. Instead of just assuming, maybe they could ask? It's really not that hard to ask someone if they should be insulted or not.

My timing was awful, yes, but immediately assuming someone means ill is worse. And, hurtful.

Now, I'm dropping the subject. Anymore discussion will be ignored on my end, because I really don't want to fight.

Albino - Cedric

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:53 pm
Albino - Cedric

Alright, I'm sorry. You can reply to this or you can not, that's your choice, but... The fact that Koukaze stepped in should really actually mean something.

But even if he hadn't, I would have typed this. I didn't last night because I wanted to check with others, I wanted to make sure it's not just me.

But everyone I've talked to, including people who have no idea of this conversation, who I literally just asked "In what way do you usually hear people use the phrase 'The great ____ has spoken'?", agree you never use it as a compliment. Ever. It's sarcastic. It's an ironic reference to the Wizard of Oz, which... I mean that scene was a hoax. It's not even a complementary reference, let alone used in a complimentary way.

And honestly, Cedric, why should I believe you? It is so easy to say "That's not how I meant it. I'm sorry you're reading it that way" and play the victim. You have consistently shown no signs of complimentary behavior. Or gratitude, which goes along with that. We changed our answer, after you gave us feed back we encouraged you to give, and got nothing. No thank you. Not even an acknowledgement of it, despite the fact that you clearly read it, since you started using it. That's how you show gratitude. That's how you compliment someone. There's absolutely no evidence you have any respect for us, especially when you behave this way.

I mean there is literally no reason to believe you're sorry when you behave this way. And if you want to make us out to be the bad guy, despite how patient we've tried to be, how compliant we've tried to be, the fact that we let you join and tried to be honest and open about it despite past experiences, then go ahead. We will open the door wide to anyone who wants to investigate the claim. You can say we're attacking you and we're just taking it badly, but honestly, continuing to not take responsibility or actually... change based on these kinds of experiences, shows you don't really care. And we neither need nor want that behavior in this guild. We want a group of people who enjoys the guild, enjoys rping, and if anyone doesn't feel that way, we'd be happy to let them use all of what we've done to make their own guild, so they can create a place where they feel that way, if that's what they want.

And just FYI, because you mentioned it, it's not asking questions we have a problem with. If you want to make that claim after the countless times we've encouraged questions go ahead, but it has no basis. It's the attitude we get when we reply.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:08 pm
Kind of nervous to submit this, but I have nothing to lose.

I read through the Legendary Lotto rules, and I noticed the winner gets the legendary (congrats, Crush!) and about six items, if they're lucky. That's great, but....The losers get....Well, ten seconds of wasted time, not including the month waiting for the result. It just doesn't seem fair. I mean, the legendary and really good items. Seems a bit overkill, and sort of a slap to the face of the losers.

Is there any chance the losers could be given a compensation or participation prize of either equal or near equal value? A choice of anything on the items lists, excluding summoning items and mega stones, of course, and some event items. Or, a low level Pokémon of that legendary's type. Something neat like that?  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:45 pm
Jewel of Antares
Kind of nervous to submit this, but I have nothing to lose.

I read through the Legendary Lotto rules, and I noticed the winner gets the legendary (congrats, Crush!) and about six items. That's great, but....The losers get....Well, ten seconds of wasted time, not including the month waiting for the result. It just doesn't seem fair. I mean, the legendary and really good items. Seems a bit overkill, and sort of a slap to the face of the losers.

Is there any chance the losers could be given a compensation or participation prize of either equal or near equal value? A choice of anything on the items lists, excluding summoning items and mega stones, of course, and some event items. Or, a low level Pokémon of that legendary's type. Something neat like that?

Well, firstly, they only get items if they hit the jackpot, otherwise, it's just the legendary x3 Buuuuut...

To be honest, we've actually considered something like this, and we're open with the idea! We haven't implemented it yet for a few reasons. One being that we don't want people to participate just for the consolation prizes, otherwise someone who doesn't even want the legendary might roll and get it, over someone who really really wanted it, but they may take it anyway because 'hey it's a legendary'. So we're afraid of giving too much incentive for just everyone to enter, and cheating those who really want it out of a legendary their passionate about because the number of participants were increased, etc.

Though, if people said they weren't rolling for the legendary, just the consolation prize, so they aren't left out but don't take away from those really gunning for that, that could change things.... Or if we just gave it to those who were really close (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc) since that's who it would be the most painful for if there were any last minute wins or anything.... But those are the kinds of things we have to consider. We want to be fair, but as you said, it's only ten seconds, and the results are visible the whole time to everyone, and we don't want more than those that are invested enough in the legendary to try for it, just because of consolation prizes. So those are the kinds of things we have to consider in this.

That being said, like I mentioned, we're still very open to the idea, and will most likely be discussing it for the next lotto, because we do recognize that this is a pretty rare occurrence, and it's not a fun feeling to lose. We just want to make sure we keep it balanced, if that makes sense. But I do understand your point, and we've discussed it before, and I actually love some of the suggestions you've made : )  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 pm
Loonamist
Well, firstly, they only get items if they hit the jackpot, otherwise, it's just the legendary x3 Buuuuut...

To be honest, we've actually considered something like this, and we're open with the idea! We haven't implemented it yet for a few reasons. One being that we don't want people to participate just for the consolation prizes, otherwise someone who doesn't even want the legendary might roll and get it, over someone who really really wanted it, but they may take it anyway because 'hey it's a legendary'. So we're afraid of giving too much incentive for just everyone to enter, and cheating those who really want it out of a legendary their passionate about because the number of participants were increased, etc.

Though, if people said they weren't rolling for the legendary, just the consolation prize, so they aren't left out but don't take away from those really gunning for that, that could change things.... Or if we just gave it to those who were really close (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc) since that's who it would be the most painful for if there were any last minute wins or anything.... But those are the kinds of things we have to consider. We want to be fair, but as you said, it's only ten seconds, and the results are visible the whole time to everyone, and we don't want more than those that are invested enough in the legendary to try for it, just because of consolation prizes. So those are the kinds of things we have to consider in this.

That being said, like I mentioned, we're still very open to the idea, and will most likely be discussing it for the next lotto, because we do recognize that this is a pretty rare occurrence, and it's not a fun feeling to lose. We just want to make sure we keep it balanced, if that makes sense. But I do understand your point, and we've discussed it before, and I actually love some of the suggestions you've made : )

None of that makes sense. I'm not saying that in a "That's stupid!" way. In literally mean that I don't know what you're saying.

Are you saying people could simply post for the compensation prize, but they'll take the legendary, too? It's a compensation prize. Only the losers can have them. And, given the chances of winning, people initially expects to lose. So, posting with compensation prizes in mind is kind of a given. A lot of people post for the legendary, and if they don't, then they shouldn't be participating at all.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:18 pm
Jewel of Antares
None of that makes sense. I'm not saying that in a "That's stupid!" way. In literally mean that I don't know what you're saying.

Are you saying people could simply post for the compensation prize, but they'll take the legendary, too? It's a compensation prize. Only the losers can have them. And, given the chances of winning, people initially expects to lose. So, posting with compensation prizes in mind is kind of a given. A lot of people post for the legendary, and if they don't, then they shouldn't be participating at all.

No, I'm saying that if we offer a compensation prize to all that participate, people may, and probably will, post just so they get the prize, because they're guaranteed it. Even if they don't even want the legendary. But if one of those people wins the legendary, they'll most likely take it. Sure, they shouldn't participate if they don't want the legendary, but they probably will. Most won't pass up on a free item or something.

And you're right. The fact that everyone should expect to lose, and the fact that it only takes ten seconds, as you mentioned, are reasons why we haven't offered a compensation prize. It's not a lot of effort, and the results are pretty much known the entire time, unless people are sweeping in in the last few days to try rolling, which is why offering just to the four closest is one possible way to compensate for that. It's more of a 'smack in the face', as you put it, to them, because they were so close. Everyone else knew they weren't going to win for the past month.

Those are some of the things that have us on the fence about it, but like I said, it's something we'd consider.

Sorry I didn't explain clearly enough the first time :0  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:34 pm
Loonamist

Then make it a purely to compensate the losers. Here:

com•pen•sa•tion
/ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering

Compensation means it's a reward given to people who lose. So, if someone wins the legendary, they don't get the compensation prize. Because, they get the legendary. Heck, if they're lucky, they get the shiny version and those jackpot items. Which means, either way, they don't need the compensation Pokémon and/or items. Because, they got the ultimate reward.

That also means, if it helps, people can't just post for the compensation prize because they're not even competing for the legendary to feel they should get something for participating.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:53 pm
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

Then make it a purely to compensate the losers. Here:

com•pen•sa•tion
/ˌkämpənˈsāSH(ə)n/
something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering

Compensation means it's a reward given to people who lose. So, if someone wins the legendary, they don't get the compensation prize. Because, they get the legendary. Heck, if they're lucky, they get the shiny version and those jackpot items. Which means, either way, they don't need the compensation Pokémon and/or items. Because, they got the ultimate reward.

That also means, if it helps, people can't just post for the compensation prize because they're not even competing for the legendary to feel they should get something for participating.
'

0o? Yes, the people who win cannot claim the compensation prize. I thought that was kind of given in the word 'compensation', so I'm not sure where this confusion keeps coming from.

But, people will post, and roll, for the compensation prize, even if they don't want the legendary.

Which means the people that really really want the legendary now don't have to just compete with the other, say 10 people that want the legendary, but the other 10, or 20, or who knows how many, who don't want the legendary, but will roll for the compensation prize.

And if one of those people wins the legendary, they most likely won't pass it up, even if it means not getting the compensation prize. Because, well... it's a legendary.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:05 pm
Loonamist

Because you kept making it sound like the winner would get the prize, too.

But, never mind. This was clearly a mistake of a suggestion. Just do what you want to do or think is fair. I'm done. I don't have the patience for all these back and forths.  

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:09 pm
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

Because you kept making it sound like the winner would get the prize, too.

But, never mind. This was clearly a mistake of a suggestion. Just do what you want to do or think is fair. I'm done. I don't have the patience for all these back and forths.

I'm sorry my wording came off that way :0 I was checking it with other people to try and make sure I was making sense, but I guess all of us proofreading it didn't quite help get the message across, still. I probably should have straight out said that, but I just assumed that the definition of compensation, which you pointed out, was enough to sort of clarify that.

But, alright. If you don't want to actually discuss suggestions you make, then I'll note that in the future :0 Sorry to waste your time, I was hoping to get feedback on what we were thinking, and try and help understanding on both ends, but I understand not everyone wants that. Sorry about that!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:34 pm
Loonamist
Jewel of Antares

Just as a note to add to the conversation, I didn't post for this last time's legendary because I wasn't overly interested in it and since I just won I wanted to give others a chance (especially because I wasn't overly interested in it).

However, if I knew I would get a prize (or could get a prize) just for posting I'd probably go for it anyways. If you do add prizes for losers, there should be some way to stop people from posting just for the prizes and not the legendary. (I know you're already saying this, just thought I should let you know its a legitimate concern, haha)  

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

Lucifer Lord of Torment

1,575 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:49 pm
does anyone have a list of pokémon that would be in the fishing bowls?
avonlea is going to do some serious gathering during the two week closing period.
or, tomorrow, if she can't use the closing period.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:22 pm
StarlightSchism

Hehe x3 Thank you for the added input~! : )

Lucifer Lord of Torment
does anyone have a list of pokémon that would be in the fishing bowls?
avonlea is going to do some serious gathering during the two week closing period.
or, tomorrow, if she can't use the closing period.

Basically, you can catch any aquatic non legendary pokemon ^^ So you can have her catch pretty much whatever you like~

I'm not sure if the second part is a question or not, so I'm sorry if I'm over explaining here ^^;; But so long as you're not gaining tickets or starting posts for new items or anything like that, you can have her do whatever you like during the two week period : ) It's basically just a 'wrap up period'  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lucifer Lord of Torment

1,575 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Egg Collector 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:50 pm
Loonamist
Basically, you can catch any aquatic non legendary pokemon ^^ So you can have her catch pretty much whatever you like~

I'm not sure if the second part is a question or not, so I'm sorry if I'm over explaining here ^^;; But so long as you're not gaining tickets or starting posts for new items or anything like that, you can have her do whatever you like during the two week period : ) It's basically just a 'wrap up period'

so, any water-type that isn't a legendary is open for grabs?
got'cha.
ehh....
it was sort of a question.
lol
thank you for answering.

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games