Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
It's Now The Monster Mash: The Spooky Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:25 pm
Iathe

"You spoke sense." Iathe replied, her own voice taut with strain. Still, she offered a weak sort of smile, grateful that she'd swallowed her own pride to come stand with Rinoa at the start. She nudged her very gently with an elbow at the squeeze, acknowledging the thanks and returning it. Her own decisions... had been poor, where the Demon had been involved, so she was glad to follow someone who had better ideas.

Seeing the despondent green Impress hers, Iathe watched silently as the white and another green moved through the Candidates. Perhaps this was not her time either, she thought glumly, and gave Rinis a short nod. Two greens left. Then only blues and a brown were... and, of course, the unhatched egg. None of those Impressed girls--at least, not often.

And having grown up in High Reaches her entire life, Iathe knew she was destined only for green or gold.

Sinders Path

magnadearel

--

Alya

"Isilje!" Alya cried, half-laughing, half-sobbing as the white dragonet enfolded her within its wings. But then Rio was drawing her close, and she didn't hesitate to wrap her arms around him and hide her face against his chest. She just wanted this to be over, she thought. Or, at least, end with no one else being hurt.

Meepfur

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:26 pm
Shalaera

Blood on the sands in the worst way. Shalaera cringed, inwardly thankful that wasn't how she had been removed from the sands. She sighed, looking over her list again to update it.

Bet Status

Quote:
+First to hatch was a bronze
+Siren was a green and impressed to Amra
+Green's total: 8
+Green impression ratio: girls - 7 Boys - 0

Danzik has bet Lennik will impress a Blue. - LOSE
Shalaera has bet Lennik will impress a Brown. - WIN

Rinis has bet they will impress a green
Shalaera bets they will impress the Siren - the Siren is a green. Impressed to Amra

Killakeeth has bet Vimiath's clutch there will be one gold, three bronze, five brown, ten blues, and six greens. - 8 greens. LOSE
Shalaera offers no counter but bets otherwise WIN

Dolmar bets he will impress a big bronze.
Shalaera bets he will impress a small bronze (if it’s a bronze at all)
- Null

Damon has bet he will impress a bronze
Shalaera has bet he will impress The Hellhound
- Null

Farinalgo bets that he'll Impress a blue!
Shalaera bets he’ll impress a brown.

Varinia bets the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy
Shalaera bets that The Ghoul will hatch first and impress a girl.

Ameliah bets the Siren Egg will be among the first three eggs to hatch and the gargoyle egg among the last three - WIN
Shalaera bets the first dragon to hatch will be blue and the last will be brown – LOSE

Shahera bets that Dollar will impress a Blue. - WIN
Shalaera has bet Dolmar will impress a small dragon. - LOSS

Kieza bets that it will be a Brown hatching first!
Shalaera is betting the first egg to hatch will be a blue.

Amra bets that the Goblin will hatch first and impress a boy!
Shalaera is betting The Banshee will hatch first and impress to a boy.

Ladellan bets that there will be a gold hatchling!
Shalaera is betting that no girls will impress a brown.

Sunny bets the Gargoyle egg hatches a blue or green.
Shalaera has bet the Gargoyle will impress to a girl.

Matti bets that a girl will impress a brown.
Shalaera bets that IF there is a gold on the sands, it will impress before the last 3 of the clutch. -

L’ex bets that between 10-13 of the clutch are greens - LOSS
Shalaera is betting that more than half of the greens from this clutch will impress to girls. - WIN

Migel bets that Shahera impresses in the first half of the clutch
Shalaera bets that Shahera impresses in the second half.
- IMPRESSED DEAD CENTER. NULL

Ralla bets that there will be at least three maulings. - All the maulings - Winner
Shalaera bets there will be no more than 6 – including deaths towards each bet. Loss

K'ai bets one of the last two dragons to hatch will be a blue.
Shalaera bets the last two dragons to hatch will be a green and a brown. - LOSING

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:28 pm
She Impressed, she Impressed and didn't go between Amramine! Suwayeth my sister you are safe and you are loved.

That, at least, was something that she could feel happy for, even if only for a moment. There were still so many hatchlings on the sand and one egg had not yet graced anyone with it's presence. Were there to be more maulings? Was there to be more death before this Hatching was over?

Wriggling with joy despite the reservations she could feel in her rider Seirath watched two of her lovely sisters Impress and released a loud trumpet of joy that rang from her brightly.

Mewsings of an Angel
Can you feel the excitement? XD lol

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm
”Shaddaling”

G'ryl started as somebody touched his shoulder, his good eye fluttering open and looking around wildly for a heartbeat before settling on Yeevalee. Tears immediately began to well up and he fought, hard, against them and shook his head, “F-fine. I just...” He swallowed and looked away, unable to hold the other's gaze, “That... that could have been me – and Sarcoth... and Dolmar and Strigoth. This close, this close.” He weakly held up a hand with his fingers a hairs' breadth away.

When Gallanth approached, Sarcoth looked at her with something between amusement and aloofness – hers was the play of a pleasant creature, but a creature nonetheless beneath him. Though, when Yeevalee laid a hand on G'ryl and felt that spike of fear lance through, the Brown bristled, teeth flashing and growling low in his throat as he found his feet. When it was clear the pair were not trying to cause any trouble, he relaxed slightly. Mine is overwhelmed – there has been nothing but bedlam since the beginning and he needs to compose himself. If you would be so kind as to not cause him more stress, I would appreciate it.

Sarcoth snugged the blanket tighter around G'ryl, speaking privately, More have found Theirs, Mine. Just breathe... I am here. He crooned soothingly.  

Waiver

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:40 pm
The Zombie Green
The green dragon finally stirred, and slowly, steadily, made it to her feet. The chaos that Suwayeth had left behind hadn't bothered her, but something else now did. Something that was worth more to her than comfort. Slowly but surely, the green dragon crawled her way toward her intended.

Inch by inch, the green crawled forward. The closer she got, the more energetic she became; it wasn't a quick pace, but she managed to actually turn her crawl into a walk, and her walk into a slow, purposeful trot. She ignored all but Hers.

The feelings....
The hurt, the pain. It was too much for the green.

With a low creel and a heavy sigh, she fell against hers. Her wings did not drape around Vennodren as much as they collapsed next to him. She did not really care if he fell over or not, since he had hidden his face in grief. The girl he stood next to was ignored.

Still, the green's eyes whirled rainbow, tinged with white in fear. Then let's let it end, Vennodrenmine. Life's too hard, and death is easy. If you go, I'll go. Unless you'd rather stay. You tell your Nzambith what you'd prefer, and I'll follow wherever you go.

User Image

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 pm
Beligian was edging towards the very edge of the largest group of people. He didn't want to be out in the open. Too much was happening. This hatching was so stressful and the wrong type of excitement for the red-head.

Please don't notice, please don't notice...  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:45 pm
Vosin and Killakeeth (W)

"Ah, that little green is finally up and moving." Granted it wasn't very energetic, but at least she was moving now. A closer look and Vos shook her head, that green looked like she'd been in the middle of all that fighting earlier, but she wasn't. Weird.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Candidate Rinis (W)

Rinis nodded back to the other girl who'd directly responded to the call for the girls to step forward. "That one looks a little late to the party doesn't it?" She asked those standing around her with a nod toward the Gargoyle egg. "I hope it'll hatch alright."

She was also relieved when Zombie finally.... well showed signs of life. The little green had impressed. Rinis let out a long slow breath.

Tsunake

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:46 pm
Waiver

Yevalee nodded, sitting down close by. "It is okay to cry you know, specially when things like this happen... it might help actually, or so my sisters say." And they had many sisters, and it had helped them at times. "You don't always have to be composed... and if anyone judges you for crying over someones death... Their opinions don't really matter."

They paused, a well arched and groomed brow lifting at Sarcoth's growl and gave a small nod. "If you ever wish to talk, I'll be near by. I should finish feeding Gallath."

Gallath bristled at the growl towards her own, They were hers and Sarcoth would not harm Yevalee. She barely kept from hissing back and fell silent as her rider set a calming hand on hers. Yevamine?

"Come on, love, lets get you a bit more food." They said and gently led her away.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm
Oer had continued to move away, hoping the murderous green would fail to notice him, and though she did just that, another candidate was not so lucky. He watched in silent disbelief as Henwas fell motionless to the sands, his twin kneeling over him. He kept his eyes on the Witch, not even noticing several subsequent impressions. Only hers. Much like her bronze brother, she would be a hatchling to stay away from.

He came back to himself as the little Zombie found her rider, relief lifting his heart just a little. Let that be the last of the murderbabies, please.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:00 pm
D'mar & Strigonth

Funny how as soon as you thought of someone, sometimes they'd appear. He hadn't even noticed Shahera come walking up. And oh. She had a green. Therianth. Strigonth informed him. The gentle nose nudges had become a more constant pressure into his palm. When had he stopped dicing the meat up, too? The bucket was empty, but...for how long?

"My dear Shahera...you should see the other guy." He wheezed, all thoughts of the actual other people who had been mauled—and killed—gone from his mind. "See you've impressed. Where's...?" He glanced around her, as if expecting Marinel to be right behind. No? Hmm.

Wait. Hadn't he been chopping something?

My D'mar is more resilient than you know, came the sneering response. Still...the blue's eyes whirled a bit paler, more gray. ...He is afraid to fall asleep, but I do not know if I can stop it. He is...in pain. He eventually admitted.

faesinger

ShinosBee

Nerd

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:15 pm
Shahera smiled some more. Good. Dolly still had some snark left in him. Absently she handed D’mar another bucket of meat, noticing that his was empty. “I have.” She pointed with her knife. “He’s over there.” Her own bucket’s level was lowering slower than Therianth would like. An insistent push of the nose received only a small piece of meat. She would do this properly. “Marinel is still on the Sands. Not in the middle of the chaos, thankfully, but where a dragon can still find him.” She didn't mention the wound just yet. Let Dolly worry about that when he wasn't about to keel over.

Therianth stopped eating for a second to nuzzle the blue. Then I and mine will help keep him awake. Shahera heard the promise as well and nodded to Strigonth. She would help and it was up to Strigonth to mention it or not. At prompting from Shahera, she asked, Does he need more numbweed? …What is numbweed?

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:18 pm
Kieza and Green Suwayeth

Tears still fell from Kieza's face as she held the head of her darling beauty. She rubbed the soft down on the dragonet's cheek, soothed only when the weak dragonet finally lifted her head to croon sadly at her chosen. I made you cry, Kiezamine... Never... my intention. Beautiful Kiezamine... please don't cry for me. Kieza grimaced and wiped the tears from her face, taking a deep, long breath trying to steady herself, steady her thoughts. She sat up a little taller, continuing to stroke the cheek of the beautiful dragon. "Oh, my beautiful Suwayeth, don't stress, don't fret... It will be alright... soon they'll leave and their hate-filled eyes and thoughts will trouble you no more. Just ignore them." Kieza murmured. Suwayeth opened her eyes again, and the vibrant rainbow of her gaze pulled Kieza in, washing her with such love and absolute devotion that it was like the world around them wasn't there, as if it had fallen completely away and they were left, just them. I hurt, Kiezamine. But I deserve it. "No, you do not." She crooned back at the dragonet, rubbing the eye ridges gently. A loud bugle and call made both dragonet and newfound rider raise their head, as another green seemed to crow in delight. A wave of weariness pulled at Kieza and she looked at Suwayeth, who's head had fallen to the side. Tired... Hungry... Kiezamine... Please... The dragonet let out an audible whimper, raising a wing slowly, the other hanging a little lower, weak and hurting.

Oncemore, Kieza found herself looking around, hoping there was someone. "Please. Someone. Please help with my beautiful Suwayeth. She hurts... I don't... I don't think I can lift her." As she spoke, she wiped at her eyes, feeling strangely useless. How could she call herself a dragonrider? She couldn't care for her dragon! Suwayeth rubbed her demure snout against Kieza's cheek, a weak croon leaving her as she did so.

[Any nearby may choose to help or scorn the candidate-killer.]  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:20 pm

Well now! Weren't they a sight for sore eyes? The Djinn sent a wave of approval to the male Candidates yet standing, and... was that...

Flirtation? No, not quite. He was still too young for such things. Still! Appreciation.

Helllllo~ his walk seemed to say. He was here now. They didn't need to worry themselves about any old Green. All of the Bronzes were gone, and now they could focus their gaze right where it should be.

On him.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:22 pm
Something stopped him from leaving. Some sort of...emotion that came from somewhere else. The frizzy red-head spun around and swallowed thickly.

"What now?" he whispered to himself, trying to peek around people and see, but not get any closer.  

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:23 pm
"I...we would appreciate that," Dezerac answered, taking longer than he usually would to choose and form his words, but there was a ghost of what could have been a charming grin to go with them, though he looked anything but charming at the moment. "Although I suspect it may take more than a minute." It rankled a little, having to take that hand, and the shoulder that was offered with it, but his own was most definitely not in its socket where it belonged, and that was the very least of his problems. He wasn't missing any vital pieces, nothing critically important ripped open, but he was otherwise, well, very ripped open, and if he was beig honest, he'd never been this badly hurt before. Bruised, bloodied, bits dislocated or broken, but rended by claws, bitten into and shaken? It wasn't only his robes that were in shreds, and he could feel awareness trying to seep away again with the blood. He fought to keep hold, fueled by little but pride and stubbornness now.

And Vedmath. Much the same could be said of the bronze, who looked every bit as ragged as his rider, but thrummed his gratitude after Hessianth..though perhaps that was not the best choice of vocalization for one who'd nearly had their throat torn out. You chose Yours well, Hessianth. He is worthy of you.

demon_pachabel
sorry these two take so long. I WILL GET THERE maybe.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff