Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Duplexes
[Journal] Duplex #1 - Ambrose Maurlias & Angelina Swanson Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:34 pm
<< I Never >>

Fiona Brooks: Fiona sent a glance at Avery. "Seriously? Nice." She said with a smirk. "Whose turn is it now?"
William Woodrow: "Ach, I think it'd be me then," William sat back, thinking idly, "I've ne'er had a shag on th'island here." That was a good one. Might prove to be interesting.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose opened and closed his mouth. "And we're off to a great start." And took a big swig of his drink.
Nita MacNeal: Nita glanced around... and didn't take a drink.
Fiona Brooks: Fiona didn't touch her drink, but watched everyone else curiously.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony simply rolled her eyes and took a drink of her beer, taking a mental note of who drank and who didn't.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina giggled and scooted closer to Ambrose. "Yeah, right." She took a sig from the Smirnoff Ice she was nursing.
Rex Vadnais: Rex laughed a bit, his beer sitting in front of his. "No shag...
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach glanced down into his drink, which remained untouched.
Avery Calder: Avery flushed just a little again, and he took another gulp of his drink.
Lauren Granger: Lauren glanced over at all the people drinking, really wishing she could take a swig.
William Woodrow: Billy snickered, elbowing the person next to him "Don' think th'dragon's e'er been shagged t'begin wit."
Rex Vadnais: Rex chuckled at Avery, drinking when everyone else hadn't. He stood out like a sore thumb. "This is interesting..."
Angelina Swanson: "Not lack of desire, apparently. Zach was Mr. Popular at Truth or Dare the other night."
Fiona Brooks: Her eyes flickered over to Avery and she wiggled her eyebrows at him. Somebody has been a busy little bee.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose lifted an eyebrow at Zach. "reeeally?" He smirked, but said nothing further.
William Woodrow: "There was Truth or dare? An I missed it?" Billy tossed his hands up in mock disappointment.
Ambrose Maurlias: "I'm certain that there will be followup opportunities, William." Ambrose commented. "And I know how silly it is, but honestly it's a well-needed break sometimes from the seriousness inherant here."
Rex Vadnais: "Alrighty, whose next... How about you Lauren?" He messed with the dewed beer around his bottle innocently...
Antoinette Devereux: "Yep, missed me make out with Kaveri," she grunted, adding a sneer to the girl's name.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina murmured something abuot "does not play well with others" in response to Billy.
William Woodrow: Billy's eyebrows raised as he poured himself another shot of rum for the fun of it, "Well, feck me!"*
Antoinette Devereux: "No."
Lauren Granger: "Well, s**t..." Lauren went through her mind at what she had not done, "Never have I ever done drugs on the island... well drugs that are illeagal in the US." She watched others for reactions, refraining from drinking herself.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose smiled, not touching his glass at this one.
Rex Vadnais: Rex's beer sat boredly in front of him...
Angelina Swanson: Angelina shrugged, watching the others while not taking a drink herself.
Zachary Bloodstone: Again, Zach had no reason to drink. He glanced idly at Antony, hoping that she wouldn't need dragging back to her duplex a second time.
Fiona Brooks: Again, Fiona was forced to leave her cooler alone. Oh bother.
Antoinette Devereux: Another swig was swallowed as she attempted to straighten her legs without anyone looking at them.
Avery Calder: Finally, Avery didn't have to drink this time, but he was pretty sure he could guess who would as he glanced around.
William Woodrow: Billy's expression darkened for a long while befor he forwent the shot glass and drank from the bottle.
Antoinette Devereux: "Nothing hard," she added moments later.
Lauren Granger: Lauren was secretly trying to avoid drinking, but didn't want to be cope out in front of Fee. She shot her an evil glare for no good reason from her seat across the fire.
Nita MacNeal: "Only prescriptions," Nita quipped, NOT looking at Billy.
Avery Calder: "... so, those injections don't count as having done illegal drugs, do they?" Avery raised an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure those are illegal."
William Woodrow: William didn't seem to be liking this game anymore, fidgeting anxiously as he caught his breath from his swig.
Angelina Swanson: "Well, I don't think anyone really willingly participated."
Fiona Brooks: Fiona sent a wicked glare right back at the creepy horned girl, but couldn't help but grin at Avery. "You have a point."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose chuckled and nodded to Avery. "Good point!"
Lauren Granger: Lauren shook her head, "Technicality..." She couldn't disagree though and took a shot from her glass.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony eyed Billy and gave him a 'behave for ******** sake' look.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Dragonboy!" Ambrose barked, picking up on the monicker and eager to retaliate from people calling him wolfman all the time. "Your turn, you're next in the circle!"
William Woodrow: Billy's eyebrow raised as he glanced over at the yellow-furred girl, wondering if she had in her possession anything... interesting.
Rex Vadnais: Rex averted his eyes from Zach, he still felt the need to appologize, but this wasn't the time or the place...
Avery Calder: "Hmm, well, I'll just drink anyway in that case," Avery grinned, taking a sip as well.
Fiona Brooks: Still she refused to touch her drink in what little act of defiance she could conjure. Maybe if she pretended hard enough that she hadn't been injected, it would go away.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave in and took a small lap from his drink. "Fine, if we're counting that."
Fiona Brooks: Fiona sighed and rested her drink on her knee. "Guess I'll go, then. I've never... uhm... kissed someone in the rain."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose smiled and took another drink, thinking back.
Lauren Granger: Lauren took a shot, yet again her fast mongoose metabolism already starting to feel a buzz.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina giggled and took a sip from her bottle, nudging Ambrose. "Our first kiss."
Rex Vadnais: Rex finally popped off his beer cap and took a swig, "That's a shame..." He sighed, recalling the memory with Julie at a garden in China Town...
Nita MacNeal: "Aw, that's sweet," Nita said to Angelina, leaving her drink untouched.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony took a quiet swig, glad she had chosen beer and not her usual vodka.
Avery Calder: Avery had to think about that for a moment, but he couldn't remember having kissed anyone in the rain before, so he didn't take a drink.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach avoided his drink once more. The one real relationship he did have spent little time being experienced in the rain.
William Woodrow: Again, Billy took a swig from his bottle of rum, his expression growing darker with the night, and his gentle wobble progressed. He didn't know half the people here. They didn't know him. What did it matter? Just a game.
Lauren Granger: "Yeah, very sweet." Happy memories floated in Lauren's head as she sighed, remembering her times with Fire. Although the kiss was more out of lack of building then romance, it was still nice.
Fiona Brooks: "Alright, whose turn is it? What about you, Zach?" Fiona touched her drink hopefully.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach looked up. Well, on the plus side, he figured he wouldn't get particularly drunk tonight. "Oh, uh, alright. I've never..." His eyes locked momentarily on Rex, before sweeping the rest of the people.
Zachary Bloodstone: A stupid idea came into his head. "I've never grown fur."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina shrugged and took a drink, patting Ambrose on the knee sympathetically
Antoinette Devereux: Antony narrowed her eyes dangerously at Zach, red eyes accentuating her glare in the firelight.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose glared at Zach wryly. "Touche." And took a big drink, as it appeared he was the MOST changed there.
Rex Vadnais: "Harsh..." Rex chuckled, swigging his drink and scratching his chest with pride.
Fiona Brooks: "Dammit, I'm going to be completely sober by the end of this game, aren't I?"
Avery Calder: Avery couldn't hold back a small bark of laughter at that, and he took a gulp of his drink. "Oh well... can't deny it, I guess."
Antoinette Devereux: Either way, she took a swig and plotted for her turn.
Nita MacNeal: "Seems I will be, too, Fee," Nita grinned, elbowing Fiona.
Zachary Bloodstone: He looked over at Fiona. "You and me both."
William Woodrow: "Rather furr than tentacles, aye?" Billy grunted, glaring at his half empty bottle.
Lauren Granger: Lauren took half of her shot in, feeling more buzzed, "******** Yeah I'm growing fur!" She said throwing the glass into the fire as she laughed.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Perhaps not." Ambrose grinned at Fiona. Ambrose looked a bit started at Lauren's gusto.
Fiona Brooks: The girl shot an icy glare at Lauren, her upper lip twitching in indication of the snarl that wanted to appear on her face. Must keep control, for the sake of the party. No matter how annoying she was.
Rex Vadnais: Rex sat contently, his beer sitting inside him awkwardly. He wasn't too big of a drinker... "You next, Avery!" Rex said, punching the man's shoulder next to him.
Antoinette Devereux: A glare was also sent toward Lauren, but otherwise, Antony stayed quiet.
William Woodrow: Between turns, Billy took a sip just in case. Drink and be merry. Right. Don't think about the deformities hiding in his shirt and the freak show company surrounding him. Just a big party. Right.
Lauren Granger: Lauren smiled wryly towards Fee noticing her icy glare, and too happy with herself to notice Antony's.
Avery Calder: Avery was startled when Lauren yelled out, and then almost fell over sideways when Rex punched him in the shoulder. "Ouch," he laughed. "Careful, man. Okay, so, ummm... I've never gone skinny dipping."
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach was a bit disturbed by Lauren's giddiness, but said nothing. At this rate, his drink was going to evaporate before he had so much as a drop of it.
Fiona Brooks: "Finally!" Fiona shouted, making quite the production of her gulp of cooler.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina took another drink with a smile.
Lauren Granger: Lauren was a little puzzled at that one, "Does taking a bath in the river count?"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose sighed, taking yet ANOTHER drink. "Is this 'get Ambrose drunk' night?"
Rex Vadnais: "Oops, sorry man..." he laughed, Rex had certainly done that a few times too many. He sipped his beer down and turned back to the boy next to him. "I find it hard to believe that you've never gone skinny dipping..."
William Woodrow: "Ach, tha' aint me," Billy shouted almost with too much enthusiasm befor working on his bottle again.
Avery Calder: "Oh, wait, s**t, I've done that too," Avery laughed a bit, remembering and grinning sheepishly before he took a drink too. "Whoops?"
Nita MacNeal: "Nope, not unless swimming in your undewear counts..."
Antoinette Devereux: Antony, once again, took a long swig of her beer and motioned for someone to hand her a new one. She'd be needing it by the looks of it.
Rex Vadnais: Rex smiled, "You just wanted another drink, didn't chu'Avery..."
William Woodrow: "It certainly don't!" Billy snapped at Nita with a glare. "Don' be borin'."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose paused, sloshing his drink around as he considered. Finally, eying Fiona with a smirk. "Since you complained. I've never flashed anyone!"
Nita MacNeal: Nita pointedly ignored Billy.
Rex Vadnais: Rex grabbed one more beer out of the cooler and tossed it to the squirrel. His own beer remained untouched for this round though. "I've only flashed on accident!"
Fiona Brooks: The girl let out a laugh, happy to see that somebody was on her side, and had herself another swig.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina took a quick sip, then looked innocent.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose paused, then eyed her curiously. "Was that someone not me?"
William Woodrow: It seemed Nita wasn't the only one ignoring Billy, and with just over a quarter of a bottle of rum left, perhaps it was for the best.
Lauren Granger: Lauren decided that bathing in the river did not count since she was unanswered. She could not remember flashing anyone and refrained from another drink.
Antoinette Devereux: The squirrel woman finished her drink and glared at whoever was next to the cooler. "Another beer."
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach loosely traced a finger around the rim of his still-full drink.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina shrugged and batted her eyelashes.
Ambrose Maurlias: He mock-scowled and prodded her. "Well, go on then, you're turn."
Antoinette Devereux: Antony caught the new drink and finished off the old one, "Thanks."
Nita MacNeal: Nita sipped idly at her drink-- she was thirsty. x_x
Angelina Swanson: Angelina gave an impish look. "I've never been injected multiple times and not changed!"
Ambrose Maurlias: He huffed again. "Something tells me that I'm going to be hit a lot tonight with my changes." He took another pull.
Nita MacNeal: Nita blinked at Angelina.. as far as she knew, she'd only been injected that one time.
Fiona Brooks: Fiona let her drink be, happy about the fact for once.
Antoinette Devereux: She sneered at Angelina, but took a drink anyways, "Cheap shot."
Rex Vadnais: Rex drunk once again, drumming his clawed fingers along the bar-top as his tail flipped around outside his sagging borardshorts...
Zachary Bloodstone: With a frown, Zach finally took a drink. What a reason...
Ambrose Maurlias: "NOW you will get to drink, Zach." Ambrose chuckled.
William Woodrow: Under his shirt, Billy's tentacles wrythed, dipping into sight for a moment befor dissappearing again, "Oh, aint ye jes' one feckin' lucky b***h?" He snapped, face contorted with drunken bitterment.
Avery Calder: Avery couldn't remember being injected at all, let alone how many times, but he figured it must have been at least once, so he took another sip of his drink.
Lauren Granger: Lauren took yet another drink. Sitting down everything felt fine, and good too. The whole world felt really good. "YES! Done that too!!" She knew she would get dirty looks again, if not more later but she didn't give a ******** Swanson: Angelina have a sarcastic smile to Billy. "Aren't I? They don't know why it doesn't work on me."
Antoinette Devereux: Rolling her eyes, Antony fished in her pocked for her smokes and took two out, offering Billy one. Maybe then he'd calm down.
Rex Vadnais: It had been quite some time, and Rex hadn't done anything to contribute much to the game. "I've never... had a one night stand..." He winked and set his drink down along the bar.
William Woodrow: one Billy waited for Antony to light it for him befor he stood, trying to keep himself calm as well as he glanced away from the fire. Just a game. Just a stupid game.
Antoinette Devereux: After lighting her own smoke, Antony pulled the cig from her lips and took a gulp.
William Woodrow: When he heard Rex's input, he laughed sharply, "D'ye mean makin' one o' at th'receivin' end o' one, lad?"*
Zachary Bloodstone: "Heh..." he smirked back to Ambrose, ignoring his drink again.
Fiona Brooks: "Not me," Fiona murmured, although she noted with some interest the people who did take drinks.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina heaved a sigh and took a drink from her bottle. looking apologetically to Ambrose.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose smiled proudly, leaving his glass alone.
Rex Vadnais: "Either end, Billy." Though by the looks of you, I think we all know the answer...
William Woodrow: Billy waited for the clarification from Rex with a smirk.
Avery Calder: Avery didn't take a drink, leaning back on his hands on the blanket and watching everyone else's responces.
Lauren Granger: Lauren looked at her next drink, watching other drink as it stayed put. She was a lot of things, but not a slut at least.
William Woodrow: At Rex's remark, Billy took a staggering step backward, glaring down at him, "An' wha'd'y'mean by tha', eh?"
Nita MacNeal: Nita shrugged. Not done that, either...
Antoinette Devereux: She looked around, noticing it was her turn and sighed, debating on who she wanted to make drink. "I've never had an erection." Fie on men tonight.
Fiona Brooks: Again, Fiona's drink was to suffer lonliness.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose snorted. "Not fair!" And took another drink. He was satring to feel rather tipsy. Even with small sips
Angelina Swanson: Angelina raised a finger. "Guessing you mean penile erections. Technically, you know..." she trailed off suggestively.
Joliette Rigiel has entered the room.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach took a quick drink, saying nothing and refusing to looking above the rim.
Avery Calder: "Well, I guess I don't even need to think about that one," Avery chuckled, taking another gulp from his drink and finishing it off. "Hey, someone pass me another drink..?"
Antoinette Devereux: "Yes Angelina, a normal erection that includes a c**k."
Lauren Granger: Lauren laughed at loud as all the men taking drinks. She wondered if she would take a drink, what everyone else would think. She pretended to lift her glass up, eyeing Nita as she did so, giving her a wink. But then dropped it.
Rex Vadnais: "Darn you Antony!" he drank...
Lauren Granger: before it reached her lips
Fiona Brooks: Fiona rolled her eyes at Lauren's bluff- attention whore.
William Woodrow: "Bloody hell, where'd th'whole bottle get to?" Billy glared at his nearly empty bottle of rum, wobbling as he dropped to sit beside the squirrel girl once more, face flushed with drink.
Rex Vadnais: Rex laughed out loud at Lauren, he knew she was a lesbian, but that caught him off guard
Nita MacNeal: Nita blinked at Lauren. A wink? 0_o
Antoinette Devereux: Antony simply grinned at Rex, "Hey, I've already gone through a bottle."
William Woodrow: "Ach, so have I!" Although it wasn't beer.
Antoinette Devereux: "Yeah, and since the last time you were this drunk Nubby happened... Maybe we should switch you to water."
Avery Calder: "Me too, although I started on it earlier," he said. "Speaking of which, I need another," Avery stood up, grabbing himself another bottle, and sitting back down again.
William Woodrow: "Wha'? Tha's'posed t'be a feckin' joke? Give th'octopus some water? Eh, squiddy? Give me a bloody beer."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette walked along the water's edge staring at the sand, she didn't even notice the group till she was almost on them. When she looked up she blinked in surprise and half wished to disappear "Uh hi..."
Fiona Brooks: "Hey!" Fiona said, waving. "Come join the party!"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose rolled his eyes at William. "I think you're a bit quick to take an insult, William." The wolfman glanced up to see a woman he hadn't seen since the lockout.
Antoinette Devereux: Sighing softly, she absently nudged where his broken tentacle would be, glaring up at Joli suddenly.
Ambrose Maurlias: "So it would be your turn, William."
Lauren Granger: Lauren waved wildly at Joli, "JOOLLIII!!!" She leaped up giving the girl a hug. It hit her suddenly, "I need something less... yeah.." She went over to grab some beer.
Rex Vadnais: Rex waved to Joli, looking scalier than usual. Then turned back to the circle, "Full loop already? That was quick..."
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach was surprised to see Joliette around, but waved to her. At least there were a few people on the island he wasn't a little cross with, or vice versa. "Hey, Joliette!"
William Woodrow: Thankfully, the tentacle had healed and regenerated slightly, saving him from pain, "Is it now?" He glared at the wolf man. "My turn fer' wha'?" it took him a few seconds befor it came back to him.
William Woodrow: "Ah! Th'game! Aye. Well... I ne'er... I ne'er got t'eat any damn American apple pie while I was there! Or all them fancy flavors o' ice cream!"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose looked surprised. And tipsy. "You've never had apple pie?" He took a swig.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette went a lil wideeyed to be enveloped in a overenthusistic hug, looked around and then trudged over and sat with Zach "Uh thanks" she pulled the warm shirt she wore more around her
Angelina Swanson: "Oh bother," she sighed and took a drink. Thankfully her beverage of choice was a light one.
Nita MacNeal: Nita was finally able to take a drink.
Lauren Granger: Laren wobbled a bit to her seat, "Mmmm... apple pie." She was starting to get hungry as she took a small drink. "I want some apple pie! You think there will be some tomorrow?" She looked at the person next to her hopefully.
Rex Vadnais: Rex drank, not ever having much of a chance to leave the U.S. for anything besides that fateful cruise. Now it seemed as though the many countries and continents of the worlds were completely fictional or irrelevant. He drank again.
Fiona Brooks: Fiona left her drink alone, but stood up. "Well, since there are lots of people here to keep you all busy, I'm going to run off and try and get some music. I'll be back eventually, but don't stop having fun!"
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette looked at Zach and whispered "Uh what are we doing?"
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach took a sip, not wanting to end up as drunk as several of the group were headed toward becoming. The alcohol was just barely starting to kick in with the little he'd had.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Goodnight, Fiona!" Ambrose waved with a smile.
Rex Vadnais: "Sure thing, Fiona! Get some good songs, will yeh?"
Antoinette Devereux: Antony drinked, staying rather quiet.
Fiona Brooks: "Only the best," she said with a wink, and then turned to scurry towards the village.
Avery Calder: Avery shrugged, opening his new drink and taking a sip. He was definately starting to feel the buzz from the alcohol.
Avery Calder: Absently, he recalled the last time he got drunk, at the beach bar with Zach... and he glanced over at him, hoping he wouldn't drink much more.
Lauren Granger: Lauren stood up, waving her bottle in the air, "Never have I ever... finished high school." She looked rather sad about this, puzzled for a second. Maybe she shouldn't have announced that.
Fiona Brooks has left the room.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina gave a slight frown and sipped.
William Woodrow: Funnily enough, Billy didn't take a drink, and not because of his empty rum bottle.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose sighed, taking ANOTHER swig with a belated giggle.
Rex Vadnais: Rex finished off his first beer with the last one from Lauren, recalling her sad history that day they went swimming. He set the other one behind him and grabbed a new beer from the cooler.
Avery Calder: Again, Avery took another sip, thinking about how he wished he'd gone to collage.
Zachary Bloodstone: "'I Never.' Just drink if you've done what's said. Speaking of which..." Sticking his own drink into the sand, he went to get a beer for Joliette.
Zachary Bloodstone: His tail briefly knocked against Avery as he made for the drink cooler, and he stepped away from the blonde quickly, almost guiltily.
Avery Calder: Avery flinched at the contact, startled, and he scooted closer to Rex without even thinking about it, eyeing Zach cautiously.
Nita MacNeal: Nita sipped at her drink. She'd definitely finished high school, even if her senior year had been horrible.
Joliette Rigiel: "if I've never" she blinked and her tongue flickered, she fidgetted with her skirt and tried to get comfortable while watching
Rex Vadnais: Rex's body next to Avery's seemed huge, he looked at Avery who was watching Zach. Oh... Zach... He rubbed Avery's shoulder protectively and turned back to the game.
Rex Vadnais: "Who next?"
Zachary Bloodstone: He passed the drink to Joliette and sat down in front of his own. Zach took another sip, starting to feel a little warm. His brain chose to ignore it.
Antoinette Devereux: She took a drank at Lauren's 'I never.'
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette took the drink trying to remember the last time she'd had alcohol, perhaps it'd be a way to relax today and get what she felt were problems off her mind "So uh what do I do?" she asked zach again
Angelina Swanson: "I think its back to Zachy-boy."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose chuckled, far too readily at the nickname.
Lauren Granger: Lauren shuffled her way over to Nita, she had the sudden inclination to tell the truth, kneeling down next to the girl, "Um... I'm not really a lab tech." She rubbed her hands through her hair, "Or... Moreau's daughter."
Zachary Bloodstone: His tail curled behind him a little in response to the name. "I, uh... I never... had more than one relationship."
Lauren Granger: She looked up at her, as if this apology was the most profond thing ever.
Lauren Granger: Lauren
Antoinette Devereux: Surprisingly, Antony didn't drink either.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Define relationship" Ambrose held up a finger.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Dating count? Or like... relationship relationship?"
Antoinette Devereux: "Actually refering to one as your boyfriend slash girlfriend."
William Woodrow: Billy tried to drain his bottle befor he caught sight of Joli. Somehow, through the scales and recent changes, Billy recognized the once human underneith, "YOU!"
Zachary Bloodstone: He shrugged. "Going by my definition? Just dating."
Zachary Bloodstone: He looked over at Joliette. "Um, if you have had more than one relationship, take a drink."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Gotcha." Ambrose grinned and left his drink alone.
Rex Vadnais: Rex sat there with the new beer in front of him, unopened. Only Julie...
Nita MacNeal: Nita turned to Lauren, hiding a smile. It seemed the girl was a bit drunk. "I know," she said simply. "It's okay though."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Er...." He hesitated, and then picked it up again, dithering. Finally, he took a small sip.
Lauren Granger: Lauren's ear then perked up, she supposed both Skull and Fire COULD be counted as a relationship. She took a swig. "Ah... missed by one."
Avery Calder: Avery took a sip of his drink, grinning.
Joliette Rigiel: "Oh ok..." she'd not.. And she nearly jumped out of her scales at the sudden proclaimation from Billy
William Woodrow: Billy suddenly crawled across the sand towards the lizard girl, taking a hold of her shirt in a tight fist, "Y'go' somethin' o' mine! I been lookin' an' tha's wha' pyroth said an' I want it back!" He hissed quietly in her ear.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony took a long drag of her smoke and immediately grabbed the back of Billy's shirt, yanking him forcefully back.
Lauren Granger: Lauren shook her head, "NO! It's NOT okay. I'm a ******** lier, but but but I can't stop." She looked at Nita sadly, leaning onto her a bit.
Nita MacNeal: Nita sighed and grabbed Lauren's hand, trying to calm her down.
William Woodrow: Billy pulled back again desperatly, though, "Please! Please, Love, I'll make i' up t'ye! I'm in number t'irty t'ree, love!"
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette leaned back and used a clawed hand to push his chest, "No idea what you mean"
Nita MacNeal: "Well then, I forgive you for lying to me." The girl seemed really distraught... even if it was prompted by the alcohol she'd consumed.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose shifted uncomfortably in his seat, eying William hesitantly, remembering what he learned in the Truth or Dare session about the man.
Rex Vadnais: Rex Helped Antony, bringing Billy back from his pleading forcefully.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina took a sip silently, watching the goings-ons.
Antoinette Devereux: As much as she'd like to see Godzilla get beaten, she dragged him back, leaning into his ear, "Behave or Aubrey may take the other one."
William Woodrow: "Y'feckin' b***h," Billy snarled, trying to struggle free, "Y'took it! I know y'did, Gel'! I know y'did!"
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach put his drink down to free his hand just in case. Through the slight new haze of the alcohol, he had difficulty trying to understand Billy's actions but wasn't prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. He didn't want to see the komodo-girl throttled.
Lauren Granger: Lauren was distracted by what was happening, looking at the fight blankly. She then turned noticing her hand was in Nita's. "You're really nice." She purred a bit holding onto her hand. The mongoose loved to cuddle. And the drunk mongoose knew no social boundries
Avery Calder: Avery felt suddenly uncomfortable, things seemed to be getting a bit out of hand with some people, and he was sure he didn't want to be around Zach when he got drunk, either, if he did. "Er, I think I'm gonna head back for a while, see if I can maybe find Tim... I'll come back later," he said, but in truth he wasn't sure if he would come back. He stood up, taking a moment to make sure he wouldn't fall right right over, and then waved before he went back to the duplexes.
Nita MacNeal: "I try," Nita said quietly, glaring at Billy. What was he yelling about this time?
Ambrose Maurlias: "Later, Avery" Ambrose waved widely
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette fought to control herself and backed away from Billy
Lauren Granger: "Bye Playboy!" Lauren waved at Avery.
Antoinette Devereux: She glanced up at Rex before sighing at Billy, "******** aye... I'll bloody check it out, I think it's time for sleep..."
Rex Vadnais: Rex waved goodbye to Avery and hoped that the game would get back on track. Who knew what happened when a bunch of animal people got drunk...
William Woodrow: "Thirty three, jes' drop i' off, I won' tell anyone!" Billy was still pleading, not caring who heard at this point, "I'll e'en take ba' wha' I said abou' ye!"
Rex Vadnais: "You too? Okay then, good night, Antony!" He smiled and waved, happy that she was able to be coaxed outside with her new change. He knew she felt insecure about it...
Antoinette Devereux: As an afterthought, she stood up, pulling Billy with her before pushing him towards the duplexes. "Go Billy."
Joliette Rigiel: She stared at him and blinked trying to think what on earth he was talking about
Antoinette Devereux: "No not me Rex, and Joli... You have his stash."
Avery Calder has left the room.
William Woodrow: "I aint feckin' tired!" He snapped back, but ultimatly was bullied back towards his duplex, groaning and mumbling as he made his way bleerily.
Joliette Rigiel: Stash... then it clicked "That was yours?? it was under a bush..." she'd have to talk about it to David later
Rex Vadnais: "oh, I see... well never mind!" He smiled and watched Billy stumble away to the duplexes... he could be really creepy sometimes..
Antoinette Devereux: Antony rolled her eyes and sat back down, watching him leave before looking over to Joli, "Flush it down the toilet. Period."
Joliette Rigiel: "Uh it's in the back of it..." she said after he was gone... "Uhm so uh what were we doing here?"
Angelina Swanson: Angelina leaned towards Ambrose, "should we go?"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave a look of distaste at the mention. "hard drugs?" He shook his head, fur ruffling. "That's the last thing we need people like him on. There are enough problems with islanders going batshit crazy." Ambrose looked to Angelina with a shrug. The game seemed to be dying...
Lauren Granger: Lauren watched, "Too much! NO BAD!" She pointed a finger at Billy as he left, "Calm down!" Then proceeded to cling onto Nita, not really knowing what she was doing at this point.
Antoinette Devereux: "I think it's Zachypoo's turn."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:36 pm
Ambrose Maurlias: "Zachary went... the more than one relationship."
Nita MacNeal: "Oh, I think it's my turn then," Nita spoke up, still trying to calm Lauren down.
Antoinette Devereux: "Oh yeah... I forgot 'cause I actually didn't drink."
Nita MacNeal: "So.. I've never been drunk enough to be hung over the next day."
Antoinette Devereux: "Speaking of..." She smiled slightly before taking a drink.
Lauren Granger: Lauren sipped a little, not wanting to back off of the game.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette thought about this one "Don't think I've ever been drunk at all"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose sighed overdramatically. "Not till the island." He drinks.
Rex Vadnais: Rex didn't drink, this time. he was pretty dang close to it a few times around the death of his fiance. though if there was one thing his parents were good for, it was the fact that they gave him knowledge about how bad things like drugs and alcohol can be. he didn't drink...
Nita MacNeal: Nita grinned, wondering how many people would be able to say that after tonight.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach took a sip, glad that Avery had left already.
Joliette Rigiel: "You seem to have turns, so uh who's is it?"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave her a more-than-tipsy Wolfish grin. "You're next in the circle."
Joliette Rigiel: "I guess I am..." she didn't know what had been done before she arrived and thought "I never... moved out ... away from my parents"
Angelina Swanson: "Willingly, I presume?"
Joliette Rigiel: "yeah, less bills" Joli nodded
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose looked confused, cocked his head, and took a drink.
Lauren Granger: Lauren didn't drink out of technicality. She did say parent(s) plural.
Antoinette Devereux: The squirrel woman took a drink.
Nita MacNeal: Nita took a drink. She'd been in the dorms for two years, and had moved back with her parents, but still. She'd been out for a while!
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette looked a lil sheepish as she got comfortable again
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach took a drink. The moment his college acceptance letters had beckoned he'd left his family in a hurry.
Rex Vadnais: Rex drank again, his mind was relaxed and clouded. "It wasn't exactly willingly... but i sure did move out..."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina finally finished her bottle. "Hand me another, baby?"
Ambrose Maurlias: "You were... a photographer, right?" He was surprised, but crawled over and got a pair of drinks - for him and ANgelina, tossing his empty one away. This time, however, he got something a little less strong, but enough to keep him tipsy
Joliette Rigiel: "Yes, and journalist" she confirms
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose paused. "Ohyeah! My turn!"
Antoinette Devereux: "Drunk again Ambrose?" She grinned lightly before running a hand to mess up her hair.
Ambrose Maurlias: He scratched his chin "I've never... been given the 'introduction' sphiel." He grinned, having been the first islander there, and the first to change.
Ambrose Maurlias: "I'm not drunk!" Ambrose protested unconvincingly.
Nita MacNeal: Nita raised a brow and took a drink.
Joliette Rigiel: "Oh boy..." She chuckles and looks around the circle and takes a sip, she remembered Amaya telling her
Rex Vadnais: "Bah, you gave me the introduction, Ambrose!" Rex proclaimed loudly, drinking once again.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony took a drink and raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.
Lauren Granger: Lauren looked puzzled, "Intro-duction Sphiel?" She stared blankly at Ambrose.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina popped the cap off her bottom and took a thoughtful drink.
Zachary Bloodstone: He looked a little nervously between squirrel-woman and then Joliette at this, taking another sip.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose grinned at Rex. "Damnstraight." "The 'what's going on, and we're being turned into animals, and all that'" He said back to Lauren.
Angelina Swanson: "I've never...." Angelina looked around the crowd. "Met my father."
Lauren Granger: "Oh!" Lauren perked up, taking another swig, "Yeah, Moreau told me."
Nita MacNeal: Nita glanced at Lauren, who'd been the very first changed islander she'd met-- even if she had lied and said she was a labtech herself.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Also not fair." Ambrose said to Angelina, taking the top off of his hard cider bottle and swigging.
Antoinette Devereux: Her eyes darkened and she took a long drink, eyes looking out towards the waves.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette certainly knew her papa and took a sip, though it tasted a lil funny to her
Rex Vadnais: Rex drank to Angelina's turn, wishing that he had the luxury of not meeting his father.
Angelina Swanson: "What's not fair," she said, sticking her tongue out. "You're father was an a**, but at least you knew who he was."
Nita MacNeal: Nita bit her lip and took a drink.. Damn, damn, damn, don't think about your parents!
Lauren Granger: And then right after that, another drink. "Wish I didn't know the b*****d. I want him to rot in hell!" She started to worry a bit. "I'm drunk, but I'm not like him." Her orange eyes looked worried at poor Nita, Lauren's anchor.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose nodded heavily. "Sounds like a lot of us have something in common." He responded to the dark looks and not so subtle declaration of Lauren.
Rex Vadnais: "I sense a little tension between everyone and their parents here.." Rex mumbled, only knowing a few of the stories...
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach took another sip idly, realizing he'd drained the bottle at this point. He hadn't expected to drink as much as he had. He wandered over to get a new beer.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina mumbled, "Mr. Muarlias isn't that bad."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose snorted.
Antoinette Devereux: "I loved my father," Antony sneered to Ambrose. Clearly the look was not because he was a bad father.
William Woodrow has left the room.
Ambrose Maurlias: "I did too." Ambrose's ears lowered. "The feeling wasn't mutual."
Antoinette Devereux: "Well it was for me."
Angelina Swanson: "He loved you!" Angelina said, teasing. "He just loved your brother more."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose mumbled something into his bottle incoherently.
Lauren Granger: "I loved him once" Her eyes stared coldly at the fire, "Then he changed..."
Rex Vadnais: "Well at least someone does, eh?" Rex laughed, corking his beer in the sand since it was his turn. He mulled over what he'd say for a few moments.
Angelina Swanson: "He misses you," Angelina said with a nod, "Whether you want to admit it or not."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette watched the exchange her tongue flickered, she didn't want to say anything upset either
Nita MacNeal: Nita patted Lauren's hand again. "I'm sure you're not like him," she reassured the younger girl.
Ambrose Maurlias: He shrugged, but didn't comment further. In Ambrose's mind, especially slightly liquor-soaked, his father was likely glad to have him finally out of his hair.
Rex Vadnais: "Hmm, here's one. I never had the choice to come to the island." He was washed a shore, but wasn't tricked or something similar like many of the others here with him.
Nita MacNeal: Nita winced and took a sip.
Joliette Rigiel: "Uh is that a technicality? I went looking for smomeone but didn't come here on purpose..." she wasn't sure to drink or not
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose frowned, but drunk.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina took a long sip. "I basically begged to come. Didn't know the catch, of course...." She looked to Ambrose, "Though I would have, anyways."
Lauren Granger: Lauren joined in trying to sip but realised her bottle was full. She pulled herself up and fumbled to the cooler, getting yet another beer.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony frowned, growing silent as she took another drink of her beer. If her father hadn't entered her in that damn raffle.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach opened his beer right before Rex spoke. Dejectedly, he took a very long drink.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave Angelina a small, but sincere smile
Rex Vadnais: "Wow.. I'm the only one then..." He shuffled his feet through the sand and ran his finger along the rim of his bottle.
Angelina Swanson: "Your turn, Antony."
Joliette Rigiel: "Depends" Joli looked at rex
Antoinette Devereux: Snuffing her smoke out in the sand, she thought for a moment.
Rex Vadnais: "Depends? How so?" Rex inquired, he hardly knew a thing about everyone here except for Antony and Zach. He knew some about Lauren, though not much...
Joliette Rigiel: "I went looking for Vasile, but I stumbled upon the isle.. though I did come ashore, so I dont know whether to drink or not" she explains
Angelina Swanson: "I'm sure Vasile was flattered."
Joliette Rigiel: "Flattered, uhm wel I was gonna expose a fake death" she looks a lil sheepish
Rex Vadnais: "You came on your own will then? i think thats one to drink to." He grinned with pointed fangs as the flames danced in his blue eyes.
Joliette Rigiel: Joli shrugs "ok" she takes a sip
Angelina Swanson: "Well, you almost got the story of a lifetime."
Joliette Rigiel: "Yeh, if I turned tail instead of coming ashore..." she shakes her head and sighs
Rex Vadnais: "Not to mention she was right about it!" Rex added, pulling what he could from the conversation.
Ambrose Maurlias: "If they would have let you go." Ambrose pointed out. "So you don't have to kick yourself.."
Antoinette Devereux: "I never lost my arm," she finally said, determining Zach wasn't drunk enough.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette was about to reply but stopped hearing antony and blinked looking at Zach
Rex Vadnais: Rex laughed out loud and didn't drink.
Antoinette Devereux: "For the fur comment Zach."
Lauren Granger: Lauren came back, stumbling towards back towards Nita humming some loud punk music to herself. She couldn't drink to the next comment.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose chuckled. "Knock on wood."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina smirked and set her bottle in the sand.
Angelina Swanson: "Wonder if Billy's would count if he was here."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette laughed at that thought
Ambrose Maurlias: "You... going to be okay with him, Joli..?" Ambrose asked tentatively. "He seemed rather.... irate..."
Antoinette Devereux: "A ball isn't an arm... By the way."
Zachary Bloodstone: "Ha, ha," he mumbled, his voice a little slurred. He took another deep drink and his yellow eyes settled on Antony. "Wasn't for you..."
Ambrose Maurlias: "But didn't he lose a ... tentacle?"
Angelina Swanson: Angelina blinked. "But a tentacle kind of is."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Is that an arm?"
Antoinette Devereux: "Well... They don't have bones or fingers..."
Lauren Granger: Lauren laughed, "TESTICALE! He doesn't have his BALLS!" She snorted landing on Nita.
Joliette Rigiel: "Aye? uhm yeah well I kinda dug claws into him before, and that was before this... change" she tells ambrose
Antoinette Devereux: She shrugged, shifting so her tails were more comfortable, eyeing Lauren, "Old news girlie."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose winced, nodding, shifting again at the balls mention, and looked over to Joli, more appraisingly of her changes.
Angelina Swanson: "He has one left, so I've heard," Angelina said to Lauren with a laugh
Rex Vadnais: Rex blinked, confused. Then burst out loudly "HE LOST A BALL?! HOLY COW! The poor guy..." He nearly fell into the fire laughing.
Nita MacNeal: "Oof!" Nita sputtered as Lauren's bony form landed on her. "Hey, now, should we get you some water or something?"
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette stared at hte others "Really?"
Antoinette Devereux: "Aubrey took it," Antony explained, figuring Lauren would blabber all about how he lost it anyways.
Nita MacNeal: Her head jerked up as she fully realized the implications of the current conversation. Ugh. She didn't want to think about Billy's anything, missing or not.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette winced, sure she wasn't a guy... but still
Lauren Granger: Lauren looked up at Nita, "One ball.. he only has ONE!" She laughed getting up. A hope crossed her drunk mind. "Yeah... waaater." Lauren laughed again.
Nita MacNeal: Nita nodded and pulled herself to her feet. "Sorry to duck out on you guys, but..." She gestured to Lauren. The situation was pretty self-explanatory.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Whose turn is it?" Ambrsoe asked, eager to switch topics away from removed testicles.
Joliette Rigiel: "Whoever is after Antony" Joliette rplies
Antoinette Devereux: "Thanks Einstein," Antony mumbled to Joli under her breath.
Lauren Granger: Lauren smiled wryly at Nita, "Yeah, sorry guys." She tried her best to look sexy, but only appeared really drunk.
Joliette Rigiel: JOliette doesn't hear and thus just looks around
Ambrose Maurlias: "That would be Nita."
Nita MacNeal: "No, I'm getting Lauren out of here for a bit."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Then... Joli!"
Rex Vadnais: "Aww, both of you are leaving?" Rex whined, not wanting the party to drop so small...
Joliette Rigiel: "Bye Nita and Lauren" she says and hearing Ambrosses' words taps a claw on her chin "I've never... met Moreau"
Rex Vadnais: Rex didn't drink, he'd only met Aubrey...
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose raised his drink and tipped it back. "I've seen the redheaded madman."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina tapped her chin. "Nope, neither have I."
Antoinette Devereux: The squirrel woman took a drink of her beer.
Antoinette Devereux: "First person I met."
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach held his face in his hand, his eyes peering out from between his fingers. He was starting to feel a bit sick now... however, he didn't have to take another drink this time.
Joliette Rigiel: "Madman... good description Ambrose" she nods
Nita MacNeal: Nita took one last drink to empty her bottle and proceeded to drag Lauren off.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Hrmmmm" Ambrose paused, thinking.
Lauren Granger: Lauren reached for Nita's bottle, but it was empty. She was then dragged off by the shorter girl, "Don'
Rex Vadnais: Rex waved goodbye to the two ladies and turned back to the fire, blinking his eyes sleepily...
Lauren Granger: "Don't wait up too long!" She laughed at the others waving back at them all.
Ambrose Maurlias: "I've never... grown horns!"
Zachary Bloodstone: Emelyn had told him some pretty bad things about Moreau... philosophical stuff. He could hardly grasp it this far into his second beer. He wasn't eager to ever have reason to meet that doctor.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave an apologetic look.
Lauren Granger has left the room.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina snicked and didn't drink.
Rex Vadnais: Rex weezed and kept his beer lightly in his hands.
Antoinette Devereux: "Looksl ike you're paying for not drinking at Truth or Dare Zach," she murmured, leaving her drink be as she shifted to close the circle a bit.
Joliette Rigiel: "Me either" Joliette says looking around at the remaining people
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach picked up the bottle and shook his head at Ambrose before taking another drink. Horns... hah. He had horns.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Too bad Lauren's gone. I could have gotten her too."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina leaned back, thinking. "I've never.... hmm... had sex with a woman!"
Rex Vadnais: Rex's lids began to grow heavy as he gazed into the fire...
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose rolled his eyes, took another drink.
Angelina Swanson: "Sorry baby."
Ambrose Maurlias: And then leaned heavily on Angie with a tipsy smile.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony chuckled and didn't drink.
Rex Vadnais: Rex glanced around nervously... then swigged his beer down.
Antoinette Devereux: "Nothing to be ashamed of Rex," she smiled, wiggling her eyebrows at him.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette chuckled
Rex Vadnais: "Yeah, you're right..." he smiled and fiddled with his cross-necklace subconciously...
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach placed his bottle of beer back in the sand so he could lean back a little on his arm. He had no reason to drink.
Antoinette Devereux: She watched him fiddle with his necklace, but didn't comment on it.
Rex Vadnais: "Okay... my turn then?" he dropped his necklace and thought for a minute, coming to an obscure response. "Heh, I've never been pregnant!" he laughed a bit, glad to have his manhood
Joliette Rigiel: "Who's next?" Joliette asks "oh never mind" she laughs as he speaks same time as she does and she does not drink
Angelina Swanson: Angelina waved at her drink. "thank goodness."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Something I don't have to drink to!" Ambrose beamed.
Rex Vadnais: The answeres were going as Rex was expecting, but he couldn't think straight anyway, he'd lost focus of the point of the game
Antoinette Devereux: With that statement, Antony went rigid, eyes set on the sand in front of her for a while before she finally took a drink, chugging the rest of her beer down.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose's lightness paused for a moment as he regarded Antony, but kept his mouth shut.
Antoinette Devereux: She didn't meet anyone's eyes and simply motioned for another drink, eyes dark.
Rex Vadnais: Rex froze in place, What did I just do? he sat quiet and handed her a new beer, worried about her well-being...
Ambrose Maurlias: He cleared his throat. "Ah... that makes it your turn, Antony.."
Zachary Bloodstone: With a sudden thought, Zach picked up the bottle he'd left in the sand and turned upside-down to discover he'd drained it over the horn comment. He needed a new one.
Zachary Bloodstone: He looked over at Antony, not quite comprehending her silence and expression.
Antoinette Devereux: Her eyes went to Rex's hand, lips tightening, "Never been married."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette didn't know what was wrong either but didn't drink just the same
Rex Vadnais: Rex didn't drink, his ring was on his right hand for a reason.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose nodded, not drinking, but giving Angelina a glance. Some strange expression, perhaps consideration, perhaps regret, passed his face.
Rex Vadnais: Rex watched Ambrose and Angelina, they were a happy and cute couple from what he could tell... an island wedding would be really sweet...
Antoinette Devereux: Her eyebrow twitched when he didn't drink, remaining silent and directing her attention towards the sand once more.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina made designs in the sand with her toe, not looking at Ambrose, and not drinking.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach picked up another beer from the cooler and headed to sit back down next to Joliette. Marriage... he'd never gotten as far as dating the one person he knew he loved.
Joliette Rigiel: "Who's turn" joliette breakds the silence
Rex Vadnais: Rex coughed a little as things had gone quiet... He looked to Zach and said, "you're up." Acknowledging his presence for the first time.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Antony's." Ambrose pointed at her.
Rex Vadnais: "No, she did the marriage one. But if she wants to go again..?" He trailed off, hoping things would get moving so he could forget about accidently revealing Antony's pregnancy secret.
Antoinette Devereux: "I just went," she snapped, giving him an icy glare.
Ambrose Maurlias: "er.." He looked around. "Then Jolie's."
Joliette Rigiel: "I've never played this game before tonight" Joliette says quickly to avoid tenstion and arguements
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose tipped the glass back. "earlier on the island, actually."
Rex Vadnais: Rex left his bottle alone, he'd merely heard of the game before, but never had a group to do it with socially back home or in the past.
Angelina Swanson: Angelina took a drink.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony drank, giving Joli the stink eye simply because she existed at the moment. Talk about mood swings.
Zachary Bloodstone: "I'll go..." Zach didn't look at Rex even when the man spoke to him. He paused, whether drunkenly or thoughtfully. "I never... stayed human after being here..."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette looked at the beer, she avoided Antony's look she hated what she was becoming
Angelina Swanson: "Hey!" Angelina took a drink, smiling wryly at Zach.
Antoinette Devereux: "Karma," Antony grunted.
Rex Vadnais: The only human among them was Angelina, he sat and watched the waves while mulling over the thought about not being human
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose took a drink with a sigh. "Er.... woops." Ambrose said with a sheepish grin. "I must be a bit more thought than I drunk."
Angelina Swanson: Angelina stuck her tongue at Ambrose. "You just want to get wasted."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette looked up and blinked at his sentence then laughed
Rex Vadnais: "Oh Ambrose, you know you wanted it." he giggled perhaps a bit too much than necessary and ran sand through his hands.
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose gave a snorting grin. "Maybe."
Antoinette Devereux: Had her thoughts not been elsewhere, Antony would have made a quip about starting an island AA for Ambrose.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Even though I promised I wouldn't get that bad after the truth or dare game."
Ambrose Maurlias: "I've never... given a b*****b to a bananna." He grinned at two of the ladies.
Angelina Swanson: "Oh, bet you me... I'll change that next time we play again!"
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette shook her head "I swear I'm the most sober one here"
Angelina Swanson: With that, she took a long drink.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Uh oh.."
Angelina Swanson: "I've never kissed a Hollywood moviestar!!"
Antoinette Devereux: Antony grunted, but didn't drink, "Deepthroating is not a blow job, but a skill needed to give good ones."
Antoinette Devereux: She huffed grumpily and watched Angelina drink.
Ambrose Maurlias: "Heeey, that counts."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette leans her elows on her knees and pushes the bottome ofhte bottle into the sand
Rex Vadnais: Rex popped with a laugh, obviously missing something as Angelina took her drink. Then he was also left drinkless with the girl's response. "Yeah.. I'm deffinately missing something..."
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose scowled and took a swig.
Antoinette Devereux: "Good head involves more than--oh whatever," she chittered irritably before taking a long drink.
Rex Vadnais: Rex nearly dozed off until he realized it was his turn! He jolted awake and scrambled for something to say.
Rex Vadnais: "I've never been this..." He yawned rather largely, his tongue flopped out of his mouth and curled in a very feline way, "Been this tired..."
Angelina Swanson: "I think thats a hint."
Rex Vadnais: He blinked a few times, his eyes bold in the firelight, "I'm going to call it quits guys. get some sleep and don't drink yourself into... somthing bad.." he couldn't think straight and was nearly asleep alrady
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette laughed "I think you need some sleep Rex" she wran her hands on her near bare legs and shivered
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose chuckled... "Hmm... Can't quite say. But I'll assume yes." He poured some of his drink into his mouth.
Antoinette Devereux: Antony took a drink and stood abruptly, taking the beer with her as she started to head back to her duplex. Her face was dark again and she didn't seem happy, lost in her own world.
Angelina Swanson: "We should probably go before Ambrose here gets liver cancer.."
Rex Vadnais: "Yeah, bed sounds good... it says something like..." He altered it's voice from it normal depth to something of a much higher frequency, "Hey! Christian! Come sleep!" He closed his eyes and smiled. "Good night guys..."
Ambrose Maurlias: "Heeyyyyy." "Your name is Christian?" Ambrose said, quite distracted.
Joliette Rigiel: "Good night guys" Joliette nodded knowing it meant most of hte party would be gone
Ambrose Maurlias: "You too, Joli." Ambrose said, getting wobbly to his feet, but stabilizing himself better than the last drinking escapade.
Antoinette Devereux: Acting as if everyone else wasn't there, she absently stumbled towards the general direction of her duplex. ******** her new eyes and the alcohol and the game.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach tried to stand and realized it was an awfully difficult job not to fall. "Oh jeez..."
Rex Vadnais: Even that snapped in Rex's mind. he hadn't told anyone his real name in several years. "Uhm.. yeah.. yeah it is..." It wasn't something he preferred to share as it was rather direct and oftern lead to steriotyping
Angelina Swanson: Angelina hopped up and offered her assistance to Ambrose.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette stood and shook the sand from her skirt, she realized she'd only had a couple sips from her drink
Ambrose Maurlias: ambrose slung an arm around her shoulders - more for comfort than necessity, but he smiled all the same. "I c'n see it." He grinned. He looked to Jolie. "And you... hang in there." He gave her a strangely misplaced thumbs-up.
Angelina Swanson: "Goodnight everyone!" Angelina said, hyper and giggly some her drink and a half.
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette nods "You too Ambrosse" she shivered and looked at Zach "You going to be ok?"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose smiled, nodding. "I'll be alright." Briefly, a flash of his worries, of the fact he wasn't done yet despite appearances, surfaced, but he shook them off. He was determined to enjoy himself as much he could Until he had to face facts. There was nothing that could be done about them... there was no point worrying.
Rex Vadnais: Rex fumbled his way back to his duplex, leaving the party goers on their own...
Antoinette Devereux: The squirrel woman stumbled over her feet, but seemed to be off in her own world, muttering to herself as she somehow made her way back to her duplex.
Zachary Bloodstone: Zach looked at Joliette quizically. Where had everyone gone? Even Rex had left. "I dunno... everything seems a little weird..." He laughed a little, not daring to take a step for fear he'd just fall flat on his face.
Joliette Rigiel: "Need help?" she had her arms wrapped around her to keep somewhat warm and she nodded towards teh village
Zachary Bloodstone: "Oh... uh... sure," he smiled, slurring. "Thanks."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette nods and pulls Zach's single arm oover her shuolder and puts her arm around his waste to help him steady as she led him towards the village
Ambrose Maurlias: "Goodnight you guys." He smiled. He was just tipsy enough to be feeling good... kind of uninhibited. Maybe a bit unstable, but not falling over drunk.
Zachary Bloodstone: "G'night," Zach called to Ambrose, wherever he was. It was so hard to see anything clearly now. He followed Joliette's lead, stumbling a few times but otherwise managing to stay upright. "Oh yeah... s'thirty eight..."
Joliette Rigiel: Joliette nods "Okay, just uhm... don't fall over" she glances over her shoulder "Nite guys"
Ambrose Maurlias: Ambrose waved to Zach and Joli. "G'night you too. "  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:22 pm
Colche's Birthday Party!

Happy Birthday to Colche!  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 6:52 pm
Repression... and Instincts

Sometimes it was good to take a step back and get away from things.

Ambrose was sitting in the shade of a particularly large thee that served the dual purpose of shading him where he sat from the glaring sunlight that was getting more intense as the days crawled dutifully towards summer as well as managed to keep the snaggly underbrush at bay through the same method.

It felt like he was in a dream sometimes. He was going through life day by day, without any goals in sight, mildly contented as could be reasonably expected for being trapped on an island with his humanity siphoning away. And in doing so, Ambrose had been in a way achieving his goal. Ever since his chat with Aubrey in the labs, and the heavy burden of news that he wasn't even done changing yet, Ambrose had made his mind up that he would try to not think about whatever unescapable fate that that last change would bring him. At the moment he had what was most important to him: his own thoughts, hands, voice, and he could stand upright.... and Angelina. He was sure that many of the other islanders would sneer at him were he to express this, but it was true.

He had been here eight months now. His entire world had been turned upside down: what he thought was plausible, his goals which he had fought his entire life to keep within view and the realm of plausibility now rocketed off so that he might as well dream of colonizing mars as going to the Olympics... and the parents whom he had been glad to finally be out from under their overbearing thumb now completely removed from his life. But as much as Ambrose had wanted freedom from them... he never wanted to entirely cut himself off. He wanted to come back to them, perhaps years later, and show them that he COULD do it. That he was every bit of a Maurlias as the prodigal son, his elder brother Dreu, and that he could make them proud of him, in his own way. Would he ever see them again now? Any of them? If the Island itself were any indication, Ambrose now knew that you could never account for everything that could happen that would turn your life upside down and annihilate what you thought would be some of the possible outcomes. As far as he was concerned when he had that final argument with his parents, he was either going to go to medical school, study until his brain turned into mush, and live an unfulfilling, colorless life of deadlines, stress, and money that he didn't have free time to spend..... but his parents would be... satisfied. Not happy. Not proud. But satisfied. He would be respectable enough to mention in passing conversation.
Or... and the option that Ambrose had finally taken, stand up for himself and what HE wanted to do and go to college on a fencing scholarship, get a degree in something interesting enough to keep his grades high enough to continue the sport, and eventually go to the Olympics, prove to his parents that he could do it and make them proud.... or at least make a valiant effort.

Now, if he ever saw them again, then odds were he would no longer even be recognizable by them as their own son. They were ashamed as it was that he was going to try to make a living as a fencer, let alone someone who likely would only find work as a sideshow freak. They were so concerned with appearance and had comparted a great deal of that to him as well. From the clothing he wore, to the way he greeted people, his posture, his demeanor, the people he was seen associating with. Even if they ... accepted that this was now him, they'd never be proud of him. Dreu would forever be their son that they presented to people, the man that they boasted about. The favorite. And the one they loved.

Angelina said that they were worried about him when he disappeared. She said that they would understand. Ambrose hadn't told her, but he thought that she was telling him that because there would never likely be any way to find out for certain. It was a nice fantasy that if he did see them again, they'd understand. That they would sing outrages against Feral Laboratories and pay attention to him. Ambrose doubted that they were even still trying to find him, not even knowing the monster he had become.

The monster that Ambrose knew had changed him more than he would admit to anyone. Not Emelyn, not Angelina. Mostly it was the little things. The harmless things: Shaking when he was wet, slobbering dog-kisses over Angelina instead of real, human kisses when he was happy, his penchant for meat, the fact he got lonely whenever he was by himself... And Angelina had pointed out that he was much more... snuggly than he had ever been before. He liked being close to her, having physical contact.

But those things... those things he could live with. If that was the worst of the effects the canine DNA had on his personality, his thoughts... he could deal. The mere fact that it had changed who he was on the inside was ... scary. But then.... whoever had told him... Emelyn perhaps? That everything changes a person - going to University, leaving home... a person is moldable to what happens to them, even if it was usually external situations, and they were still overall them. Wolves weren't TOO horribly different from people in many regards.

But .... there were other things. They rarely expressed themselves, granted... but it seemed to be... boiling or simmering down there. Instincts. Yearnings. He didn't feel right always being in the village since his last change. As crazy as it sounded to him when he thought about it logically, he almost missed the jungle when he was out with people he knew for days on end. Hunting with Amaya, bathing in the stream, running through the underbrush.
It was crazy. And Ambrose didn't WANT to live like that.... like... some savage... some animal. But animal was what it was. Ambrose worried took for granted that he was becoming a wolf and not some domesticated dog. Even born and raised in high society, "domesticated"... he was reminded of all that he had read on wolves, all of them cautioned that they were drastically different from dogs when it came to people who tried to keep them as pets. Even raised from puppies they were still wild animals and with strong instincts. And.... while there had been... idle thoughts in the past... dreams sometimes, or 'suggestions' that popped into his mind when he was musing over things to do before... sine this last change there was more of a desire. The scariest part about it was that it wasn't like there were some animal sitting in the back of his mind and talking to him. HIS blood sang out to him, it was HIS urges, inseperable from any normal pang of hunger, pull of sleep, or feeling of grodiness. It was only the fact that he KNEW that these were not things that he would have wanted.... before... that raised flags that they were foreign. Because of the serums.

And so... Ambrose did with these feelings what he had been trained to do since childhood: He repressed them.

He had gotten quite good at repression through much practice. Even though Angelina had always told him he shouldn't, and even though he had 'opened up' to some degree since he met her, and again since coming to the island where no one CARED if he looked his best or spoke formally (and sometimes even looked down on him because of it), it was never completely overwritten. Since he was a child, he was told that being overly emotional, or even being seen enjoying some of the things he liked that were 'silly' (like fantasy things - even swashbuckler movies) weren't 'becoming' of a fine young man like he should be. So he kept things to himself, restrained what he really thought about things or deeper thoughts in the company of the surface friends that were of similar backgrounds than himself. He swallowed down his ire when he was angry, he kept his tears back because men didn't cry.

And now, now he swallowed away the instincts to run, to howl, to prowl and hunt, down along where he once had mustered his emotions that now he had to wear more on his sleeve than ever before to even have a hope of not acting like... some animal... from time to time.

Sighing to himself, Ambrose shifted and got comfortable against the tree, and nodded off.

Ambrose awoke, slowly and groggily to small scounds of scuffling around where he napped. His ears swiveled in the direction, feeding the noise to his mind in acurate, acute detail before his eyes even slid open and rested on a small rabbit sniffling about the tall grasses near where he lay. He hadn't eaten in some time - not really having gone by the cafeteria earlier that day, and he was ... quite hungry. His consciousness also hadn't completely caught up with him as before he even formed a cognizant thought, Ambrose was on his feet and lunging.

Part of his mind that was still mostly asleep idly thought that it wasn't unlike a dead lunge for an opening in a fencing tournament that the opponent exposed for a moment. There was not time to think, just act and pray that you didn't miss or else you would have overextended yourself.

There rest of his mind had no words, just a quick, decisive move. And in a flash the rabbit was in his jaws, and his head shook violently. There was a dying scream of the rabbit and then a sickening pop as its neck was broken in the shake. Repression can only hold for so long, and the longer something is held back, the more forceful it comes through.

Before Ambrose knew what he was doing he ripped off a piece and swallowed it. And the worst part... it tasted good.

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:09 am
Angelina knew Ambrose had taken a liking to strolls in the jungle. She never really questioned it - perhaps Ambrose was just more of a outdoorsy person than she ever expected. She didn't want to think it was anything nealy base as his 'wild desires.' But Angelina was bored and wanted to be with her boyfriend, so after pulling on a pair of jeans and a tank top she went strolling down the walking trails carved into the dense jungle around the village.

She idly looked for signs of life while enjoying the fresh island air herself, when a suddenly rustle of movement in the the area off the path, startled her. She herd a rush and a animal-like scream or squeal - and growling? She jerked in surpise, and then against her better judgement went to investigate. It sounded pretty close...

Ambrose, meanwhile, had barely been awake for longer than a few moments, and just come to the dread realization of what he had just done. Spluttering to himself, and dropping the rabbit he stared down at the carcass in horror. The animal was still warm, and it had been alive not 30 seconds ago. Now he could taste it in his mouth, feel some of the warm blood still trickling down his throat. He started shaking, staring at the animal, at what he had just done, his brain trying to wrap around why, what had made him do it... he didn't like the simple answer that was already there.

"Ambrose?!?" Angelina came peeking around the dense jungle brush, her eyes wide as she tried to take in the scene before her. Ambrose could see as she burst forward through the clearing towards him that her first reaction was to run to him because she saw blood, but she stopped dead in her tracks when her eyes rested on the rabbit. She dragged her eyes away from the carcass as her mouth fell open, her eyes meeting his with pleading expression.

As if the scene couldn't get any worse, the very person he would have wished would NEVER see him like that... Ambrose looked up, meeting her eyes with a mortified look, shaking more as he knew between the blood that covered his maw, and the fresh kill at his knees that there was no room for questions as to what had just happened.

"I... I..." He pushed himself away from the ground to his feet, taking several steps back - not sure himself if it was retreating from the rabbit - the evidence in... red and white... of what he had done, or Angelina - he couldn't bear for her to be frightened because of something he had done.

Angelina just stood there, gawking, looking between Ambrose and the kill. "Did you..." she knew it was a stupid question, but her mind really didn't want to compute the answer.

He put a hand to his mouth, squeezing his eyes shut as he turned his back, feeling nauseous - not from the taste - no, it tasted far better than he wished it did - but from the revulsion of the act itself. Killed something... with his mouth ... felt the snap as its life ended. The scene played over and over in his mind. And for such a quick action, for such a decisive finality that he ended its life... there was a hint of a thrill. It was like scoring a match shot in fencing - a congruence of the combative sports that thrilled him with the hunting instinct that was blossoming inside him despite how hard he tried to repress it.

He had to find a stream. He had to clean himself. Wash off the blood... wash away the... act/

He dashed further into the jungle without a word, tail tucked between his legs as he headed towards where he knew there was a stream.

Angelina watched in horror as he went. She stood there for a few moment, trying to decide what to do, and ended up just blinking back tears and dead ran back to the duplex.

Ambrose did not return to the duplex immediately. He found the stream and waded in fully clothed, proceeding to start scrubbing at himself, gargling with water, and whimpering to himself.

Dear god, he thought he had this under control. There were urges, sure, but mostly small things. Small things that he COULD incorporate into himself. Not... not that. Not seizing up a living animal in his mouth and ending its life... eating it raw! That was so far past the barrier of animal. He had heard of others snapping if they didn't get enough to eat... even attacking other islanders. But he always swore that that wouldn't be him. He was stronger than that. His animal wasn't as bad. And yet.... he had just done something he told himself he never would. Even during the lockout he had managed to only... well... only take a small taste of the meat before it was cooked. But he had still killed it like a man.

It was hours before Ambrose had the courage to go back to the duplex. The sun was starting to sink in the sky and the night animals begining to wake up. He couldn't be out here... with them. LIKE them. He was a MAN He lived in a HOME.

Eventually, there was a soft knock at his own duplex door.

"Come in," Angelina mumbled, leaning back against the headboard and reading a book, one earphone in her ears and her iPod beside her on the bed.

Ambrose slunk into the room like a beat dog, his ears down and tail tucked. His fur and clothing were still quite wet. He had removed his shirt, which hung like a sopping towel over one arm, and his pants clung to him. Despite his efforts to dry himself (and as much as he didn't want to shake himself given his subsequent, vehement denial of his animal instincts, he didn't have many other options when his only dry clothes had gone into the river with him.

"Ang..elina..?" He whispered tentatively, dripping on the floor.

She didn't look up from her book. "Yeah?"

He cowed a bit more, sliding the door closed behind him. "I.... I don't know what to say." He stumbled over his words, his eyes being drawn to the floor, and at his undenyably animalistic feet. "I... I... was half asleep... and I wasn't... even... Oh god, Angelina... I'm .... I don't know what came over me.."

Angie obviously didn't have any idea how to react to it. It was frightening to her. She could deal with Ambrose's silly little canine habits... but this was a chilling reminder of what was yet to come. She didn't want to lose him- only to lose herself months later as their minds detiorated into animals. Her eyes flickered over to him for a moment, then back to her book. An almost unnoticable shrug of her shoulders was her only response.

He swallowed, taking a tentative step forward. "It... it's still me." His tail gave a small hopeful wag.

One action... one reaction. It wouldn't overcome him. Even ... even if God forbid he ... did that from time to time... it was just an animal. Not even an islander. An animal. He had eaten rabbit before. Just not... on the proverbial foot. He still had his identity... his voice, and his feelings. That is what he clung to there in the river. One more change. One last change couldn't wrest that from him.... could it?

"okay," she said weakly and not very convinced. She never saw Ambrose KILL something with his bear mouth before. The blood...t he carcass. He truely looked like a wolf, not her lover.

He didn't like the monosyllabic answers. Not at all. Ambrose knew that she clammed up when she was nervous or uncomfortable. She had done the same around the other islanders when she arrived... he hated seeing her do it to him.

"Talk to me.... please... scream at me... talk to me... just... don't shut down on me..."

"Okay." she said, putting down the book. "My Ambrose would never do what I just saw you do. Ever."

He cringed, clenching his jaw. The words drive an icy chill down his back as he knew what she said was true. "I... I am your Ambrose. I... I wish that... I hadn't... I.." HE took a breath, swallowed down the lump. The old habits of repression rearing his face. He had to be strong here. That was what got him into this problem to begin with.

He straightened and looked at her strongly. "I can beat this. I know I can. I haven't ... slipped before this." He held his voice even with a grave deliberation.

"How..." Angelina shook her head helplessly. "I mean.. I can't fathom not having enough control over yourself to ******** POUNCE and KILL a living creature. Jesus Ambrose..what were you thinking??"

"I wasn't thinking." He stood up to the accusations. On the outside, he was building a stoic wall. On the inside, however, he wanted to simper, whine, roll over on his back. He wouldn't have it. He was a man.. Beyond that. He was a gentleman.
"Right okay." She grumbled. "My ******** dog at home wouldn't even chase a rabit if she knew there was a buffet just around the corner."

"Your dog isn't a wolf!" He replied quickly, regretting it immediately and clenching his jaw. Everything he had been reading recently about wolves... it cautioned keeping wolves as pets as they weren't dogs, despite the familial bond. They were wild animals, even if raised as cubs. Until now, Ambrose could have ignored that except for the occasional howl.

"Okay, so you lost all human problem solving skills to remember that we have a cafeteria because you're a ******** HUMAN, so you just did it...why? Becuase it was FUN?"
Ambrose's ears flattened defensively and there was a growl in his chest for a moment before he swallowed that down as well. " I don't know! I ... I was barely awake. I was... dreaming or something." He huffed, turned in a circle.

"Angelina... please... I know what I did was... abhorable. I need support, not accusitions!"

She threw up her hands. "Dammit, Ambrose you said you wanted something. YOu want me to coddle you - tell you what you did was okay? What happens next time you're dreaming? Think you're taking down a big dear and you wake up - UH OH! You've just ripped my goddamn throat out, huh?"

He bit his lip, and turned his back quickly, wrapping his arms around himself. He wouldn't do that... he wouldn't.

"It... it was a rabbit... not a person... I know your smell... I... I would never confuse you..." IT sounded weak. He could tell she was scared... scared of him.

"And when did rabbit become kill to you, Ambrose? Whose to say it won't become girlfriend next? You never attempted to eat the bunny in biology lab!"

Ambrose wanted to scream that she didn't know what it was like. She didn't know what it was like to have these... feelings running through his veins. That were indistinguishable from his own emotions and idle thoughts and desires except for the fact that he knew better. Whose to say who he was anymore? Was he operating just on memory of how he should be and ignoring what he wanted? It was her that had told him to listen to the things he wanted, to follow his heart and his dreams.

But what if his heart was no longer his own? What if the desires that passed through his mind were because of... tampering. Were they any less his?

"I don't know what to say. Do you want me to ttell you what you want to hear? What I wish were the truth? Or do you want me to tell you what I'm feeling? Like you always told me to. I know that it's just a little bit of a different situation, but I'm struggling with these .... feelings that don't feel foreign to me. And that's the hardest part."

"Everyone has feelings Ambrose. I feel that Jamal is hot. Does that mean I should go over there and <********> him. NO. Because I'm not LIKE that. I thought you were stronger than this Ambrose!" The tears started to well in her eyes. "How could you.. I thought ... I mean... how... "

His resolve was being chipped away by her words. His eyes stung at the accusations. He hated what he had done. He wished that he could somehow erase the misdeed...

And Angelina knew him well enough to hit him where it hurt. His clenched teeth were begining to make his jaw ache as his shoulders barely perceptively began to shake. He never thought he'd hear those words from her.

In his mind he heard his father. I thought you were stronger than this, Ambrose. He was a boy again, and his father was yelling at him. He had seen him crying. He was weak, not like his brother.

He shook his head quickly, bringing a hand to his face. For a moment, he wished that he wasn't human enough to cry - the lump in his throat burning, pressing at him to release the tears. He walled it in thicker.
His voice was weak, barely giving audible shape to the whisper. his mind somewhere else as he steeled his body against the signs of despair and weakness. "I can be like Dreu... I can be strong."

"OH ******** DRU" she yelled. literally throwing her book at him. "You need to quit blaming everything you don't like on your life on him! You're your own domn person, Ambrose. Answer you for yosuelf, instead of resorting to how much your brother ******** everything up FOR you."

His head snapped up as he was wrenched back to the present tense, only to be proverbially slapped again. His ears crumpled, not a reaction of weakness that he had practiced hiding.

"And what am I supposed to say..?" he started, evenly, too evenly. "I claim I can beat it... that it was a ... single occurence... Yes. a moment of weakness - and I dispise that weakness in myself - that as much as I would like to deny it it is not only my physical appearance that has been mangled. But you don't even trust me. You're scared of me - and I damn this nose that tells me that." He was getting frustred, angry. As evenly as he kept his voice, though, it was punctuated, and growing in volume.

"You don't want to be around me. You're scared of me. You think I might eat you, is that it??" He shook his head, taking a step back. He couldn't deal with this. He wanted to run back to the woods, he wanted to howl.

He wouldn't!. But the more frustrated he got, the more that the woman that had been the motivation for him - the anchor that his life was going alright since he left his home and finally stood up to his parents was scared of him, losing her faith in him? At least when she wasn't there, he could imagine her not giving up on him. He started to break down, and the animal instincts were flaring even more.

"Yes, Ambrose," she admitted. "I'm scared. I don't know - maybe I'm an optimist? But until tonight.. I saw this is... its challenge... but... but.. it was all physical you know? Y ou look different and all.. but I don't care what you look like. But now... seeing you... if.. if thats what's... " Angelina's chin wobbled as she finally came into the tears, clutching her knees to her chest. "I can't watch you slip away from me, Ambrose. I feel.. I feel like I've just been told this... 'benign" tumor was malignant and fatal. And I can't do anything about it...."

He balled his hands into fists and shoved them into his pockets to avoid hugging himself in a show of weakness. Before, if Ambrose was feeling weak, he could sometimes let Angelina see. It helped... he knew it did.

He couldn't bring himself to let his wall down now. His emotions were boiling: frustration, anger, sadness - he wanted to scream at the injustice, wrench back the life he had.

"I don't know what to do about it either." He replied, his words still stilted. "Maybe... maybe I should ... go back outside... where I belong."

Hold in the tears... hold them in until she can't see them. I won't let her see me be weak anymore.

Angelina let out a cry and rocketed herself from the bed, bolting towards him and flinging her arms around him. She buried her face into the wet fur of his chest. "pleasedontgoimsorry," she bawled, clinging to him.

He stopped quickly, his muscles tense as she clung to him, shaking ever so slightly. He looked down, not having expected such a sudden reversal. It threw him for a loop and slowly he put a hand on her back with a labored breath.

"I don't know what to do.." He said very quietly. "Things... things are confusing." And even moreso at his heightened emotional state, pulling him further from the logical, human side of things - the side of restraint - and towards the raw emotions and instincts that had become decidedly more canine, interwoven very closely with his own impulses.

Angelina just continueing to cry into his fur. "I can't lose you, I can't.. not like this." She pulled her face away, now soaking wet with tears and river water that her hair clung to her cheeks. "You've just... you've never... you always could do anything. You followed your heart.. you faced your parents, you paid for school, you've overcome -every- hurdle in your life - much more than even you give yourself credit for. You've never once stayed away from me, even though I'm the only girl you've ever been with. You were doing well in fencing.." She wiped away the hair from her face. "You've never been beaten by anything..."

He swallowed the lump painfully as his hand moved to stroke her hair.

She wasn't upset at him... she was scared for him... she didn't want to lose him.... "I'm here.... Angelina... I'm not going to lose you no matter what happens to me. Even... even those.... instincts of mine see you as ... my mate." He winced. He almost wished he hadn't read the books sometimes. They gave him words to use for the feelings he felt that meshed far too well for his liking with his logical side. It also seemed to be accepting them to put words to them that referred to wolf behavior.

He didn't drop his shield, despite the words. He needed to be strong - not just for himself... but for her. "One... thing like that cant' change who I am. Who I care about... what I care about."

She smiled up at him through her tears and reached up to touch his cheek. "Your mate?"

He shruged self-consciously. It was embarrassing, but he knew how he felt. Even if the emotions were foreign, they were very... straightforward. And only seemed to tighten and agree with the bond he already felt. "yeah." He said quietly. "That... probably sounds stupid."

"No, actually... that sounds kind of.. romantic. You know. I get tired of being called your girlfriend sometimes. It sounds so.. transient. You know? What I feel for you.. is so much more than just that." She took her hands and held his paws, weaving her fingers between his.

He swallowed, feelign his cheeks burning now as an honest to goodness smile came to his black lips. "I know... I ... needed a better word I suppose... this one will have to do for now." He winked. "As long as you don't think it makes me sound.... less human..." His ears flicked back momentarily.

"You're not scared of me...?" He asked in a whisper.

"I'm... more scared for you, than of you," she admitted.

He nodded slowly. "I.... I made it this far." He said quietly. "She... she said that there's only one more change.... I.. I won't lose me.... I... I might have to make some compromises." He flinched. He didn't want to admit it, but most of the compromises werent' even conscious.

Angelina nodded slowly. "I guess I just....wasn't prepared for it."

He nodded again. "neither was i."

She snuffled and pulled him into another hug, not knowing what else to say.

Ambrose just held her against her chest, resting his chin on the top of her head as he slid his eyes closed. He was feeling tired, as was normal for him after holding and bottling emotions down. He needed to sleep...

"Will you... lie down with me..?"

"Will you towel yourself off?" she teased.

He grinned. "For you, anything." He winked, and walked into the bathroom, toweling off as he took several big breaths, calming himself down, before returning.

Angelina crawled into the bed while she waiting, opening her arms to him when he returned.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:30 pm
Scattered Memories

Angelina woke up in her room, for some reason lying very unnaturally on the floor. Her head pounded, and her leg was jammed under her throbbing. She sat up, looking around, trying to figure out what the hell happened.

She had looked for Ambrose again until the storn got so bad she began to get scared. She came back... took a shower... got dressed...then what..?

Ambrose. Oh god...! He still wasn't back!! She leaned against the bed and rubbed her eyes. Something was seriously wrong with him when he came across him in the woods earlier. He.. it was like.. he had snapped. He waasn't a man, he was a wolf. He had come up to her.... leaned against her. Through her tears, through his inhuman eyes he still knew her. No fear.... just, a kind of connection. She didn't know if she'd call it love.. but affection. But then the thunder scared him off, and he ran off again.

Angelina thought he would be gone from her now forever.. but seeing him out there the night prooved one thing to her... she would always love him.

She pulled her knees up to her and began to cry again.

: It was a nightmare. It had to be. Ambrose certainly didn't REMEMBER leaving his duplex, and... given what had happened yesterday... it had to be - had to be a worst-case-scenario nightmare of guilt after he had killed that rabbit.

But no matter how long he bathed himself in the river, he could feel its cold wetness, was choked with the scent of blood that still clung to him no matter how much he washed. It was everywhere, matted in his fur, under his claws, in his mouth. His clothing was shredded- stained with blood that would come out with no river-washing.

HE couldn't get the scen out of his mind. He had awoken to HER voice and a headache, and feeling severely disoriented. The smell of blood had brought him to his senses rather quickly, however. But not to a scene that he EVER wanted to witness. He had seen violent movies before, but NOTHING compared to seeing something like that in real life. He had nearly lost his lunch right there... and then looked down... and realized that the source of the smell of blood wasn't just what lay beyond the bushes.

His mind didn't want to accept the equation. He had run, not even looking where, the image burned into his mind.

Eventually, Eventually, after scrubbing himself for what must have been hours... Ambrose slipped back towards the village. Where else would he go? Where was Angelina? How long had he been gone? She.... she eventually understood.... last time.... would she now? Dear god, where was the staff? Why hadn't they stopped it??

Strategically avoiding people, Ambrose slipped around to the back door of his duplex, and gave a soft, frightened knock.

Angelina jerked her head up and rushed to the door, looking through the hole. "OH MY GOD!!" She flung open the door and went to hug him, but stopped dead in her tracks when she saw his clothes. "Oh my god!?! Are you HURT?"

: Ambrose stood there, his ears down, tail tucked between his legs, and an expression of stale panic in his eyes. However, seeing Angelina seemed to... help, at least somewhat.

He shook his head quickly, nervously. "nnnnNo... No.. I don't think so." His words were stumbling over eachother as he sought her eyes. "An... Angleina? Cn... Can I come in?"

"You can TALK!?"

: Ambrose just.... stopped. Rewound that in his head, shook it and then looked at her in utter confusion. Maybe this WAS a dream. "Wh-what?" He responded, utterly confused. Out of everything he could imagine her saying.... that was likely last on his list. "What is going on??"

She ushered him in. "I thought you were done forever, Ambrose! When I found you last night.. you were ... in te jungle. YOu saw me.. you came over but you looked unsure..scared.. you wouldn't talk to me it was like you were an animal! You know.." she tapped her head. "In here!"

: His ears drooped further as he padded into the duplex after her, closing the door slowly behind him.
He shook his head, brows knitted and whet his lips with his tongue. "I.. Last night? Last night I was with you... asleep.... I woke up out in the jungle..." He trailed off, shuddering and shook his head. he would NOT think about that... that was impossible.....right?.

"What? Ambrose that was Friday. Its Sunday."

: "Sunday!?" The gears in his head clicked into a completely different direction as he slowly sank to a seated position on the floor - feeling dirty in more ways than one - not suitable for the bed or even a chair.

"I.... I don't remember... I don't remember anything" He repeated to himself. "I woke up... in the jungle.." He held up his arms. "Bloody." He shuddered again, before ripping the remains of the clothing from him, tossing it in the direction of the hamper.

Angelina sank down down to him, smoothing the fur down over his face. "You probably... another rabbit or something..."

: He swallowed, remembering. There was a LOT of blood on him. Much more than the rabbit... and.... what he had seen. He shook his head again quickly, and leaned into her side - to Angelina a hauntingly familiar action to when she had seen him previously.

"But why.... was I gone... out... for so long... and what do you mean... you saw me?!"

Angelina frowned. "You ...really don't remember?"

: He shook his head again, searching her face for answers. This nightmare was just getting worse. "What happened?? What did I do??"

Angelina shuddered. "It was pouring rain...I saw you lurking around the road. You started to run... but then I called out to you. You looked back...you looked nervous. You circled around me a few times.. I was calling to you..over and over... when you finally came close..you sniffed my hand... licked it. It took you forever to get close enough to let me touch you.."

: Ambrose stared down at his feet, a look of shock in his face. "I... I don't remember that at all" he repeated, aghast. "Are... are you certain? It wasn't ... a dream? Or someone else?" HE winced, and she knew that he didn't really believe that, despite wanting to.

"It doesn't make any sense!"

"Of course it was you! Dammit, Ambrose, I know who my boyfriend is..."

: He cringed slightly, and nodded. He thought as much. "I... I think I want... to take a hot shower." He said meekly.

"We...we need to figure out what happened!"

: "How?!" He whined plaintively. "I can't remember anything! I.... do you think we should call the labs?!"

"I... I don't know....when did you come to?"

: He looked down again, tail curling underneath him. "In the jungle." He said in a small voice.

"When?"
: "About... about an hour..? Two? Ago. I.. I went to the stream... then here. I ... I was scared."

Angelina sighed. "Maybe you should ask Aubrey."

: Ambrose got ... a very strange look on his face when her name was mentioned, cowing a bit more, then shrugged and shook his head. "I... I don't know. I don't know if I want to know." He said quickly.

Angelina blinked. "Well I want to know! What if you're sick... maybe they should check you out. Pyroth doesn't have these... spells, does he?"

: Ambrose shrugged. "I don't know. I haven't .... spoken with him that much about this."
He looked at the intercom from where he sat. What if it told him things he didn't want to know.... but... how would he still be here if what he was scared of had happened?

"Maybe... you could call them." He said quietly.

"Uhm, okay..." Angelina went over to the intercom and pressed the 0 button.

After a few moments of clicking, a young-sounding male voice answered. "Hello-yes?" The voice was unfamiliar, and sounded stressed.

"Yeah I wanna talk to Dr. Lockheart please. Its Angelina, I have a question about Ambrose."

"Doctor Lockheart is currently unavailable." The voice came back quickly. "And unless there is some dire emergency, then I'm afraid that I can't help you." The voice didn't sound too sorry.

"It IS an emergency!" she said, giving an Ambrose an annoyed look.

: Ambrose winced at the look, knowing she was peeved for making her do this for him. But he found it difficult to raise his eyes at the mention of Aubrey's name.

The voice responded. "Then what is the emergency?"

"Something's wrong with Ambrose. He's having memory lapses."

: The voice was curt. "Yes, yes. Understood." It didn't sound surprised. "I will make a note of it, thank you." And before Angelina even had the chance to respond, there was another click, and silence.

"Hey I WANT TO TALK TO AUBREY!"
She growled at the speaker. "He cut me off? Can't you believe that?"

: Ambrose shook his head, finally getting to his feet and padding over to Angelina, wrapping his arms around her waist from behind, and leaning his muzzle on her shoulder. He wanted to be close to her. "Something... very strange is going on."

"Yeah...I have a bad feeling about everything. You know I don't remember going to bed last night? And I wokeup... on the floor. I must have...fainted or something."

: "The last thing I remember is going to bed with you.." He said quietly, holding her tighter. Thoughts tumbled in his mind. To tell her? It was Angelina. But... he hardly even wanted to admit such a thing to her.
"I think..... I think Aubrey was hurt." He said finally... very quietly.

Angelina whipped her head around. "Huh? No she's probably just having sex with Moreau or something right now..." She sneered at the intercom

: He was quiet for a moment, then shook his head. "I.... I saw her.... out there. She was.... lying in the jungle.... Emelyn was near her - she looked worried."

"What....hurt? Why didn't you help her? Why did you say to call her?"

: "I didn't... I ... I thought someone might know something. I... Emelyn was there... I was scared... I didn't know what was goign on. I don't know, I wasn't thinking straight." He felt horrible. He should have helped. At the very least he should have helped. But what if they thought HE did it? what if he DID.... NO!

He shook his head again, fur standing on end for a moment.

"Did Emelyn help her? How was she hurt?"
: "I... she looked like she was.... I... I don't know how bad it was... she was just... lying there." His voice started to shake as his eyes focused on the far wall of the duplex. "There was a lot of blood." He whispered.

His mind kicked over. " I heard.. I heard Jamal attacked her once. I heard he has it out for her."

Angelina's jaw dropped. "Oh my god....was she... conscious/? did she SAY anything?"

: He shook his head quickly. "N...no. No. There was someone else there, too. But I didn't get a good look. Emelyn was... trying to deal with things I think."

"My god... how bad WAS IT, Ambrose?"

: "I don't know!" He wailed. "I didn't get a good look! I just saw blood! Smelled it!"

Angelina's eyes darted over to his discarded shirt.

: His ears flattened as she looked. "No!"

"What?" she said with a jump, looking back at him.

: His hackles slowly lowered, and he shook his head. "N...nothing. I'm sorry. I'm just... really jumpy. I want to take a shower."

"Yeah okay.... maybe a good idea..."

: He nodded slowly, heaved a breath, and walked into the bathroom, turning on the water and letting the steam fill the room as he breathed it in slowly, trying to calm his nerves before stepping in.

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2006 11:16 pm
Sniffing for Clues with Anjali

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=2920981  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 5:38 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:16 am
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:41 am
Recentering

Ambrose strode out determinely from his duplex. For the first time in months he held his epee in his hand as he walked towards the familiar stretch of sandy beach.

The epee had sat neglected in his closet since before the lockout. For some reason, after he had taken to the 'wild', no matter how unwilingly, it felt wrong to touch the symbol of his life before the island. He was so unmistakably changed from his arrival here, in body and spirit. He had even gone to the point of starting to dig out a niche for himself here. He had Angelina, the most important person to him from before the Island... and he had friends - True friends the likes of which he had never had before coming here save for Angelina. Amaya and Colche were right in calling their bond a family - he felt closer to the two girls than he ever had with his real brother - a fillial bond that he had always wanted. And his friendship with Emelyn was even begining to bloom again in the wake of the cold frost of parting that had occurred with Angelina's arrival.

But Ambrose would be lying if he said he was content. He had... adjusted... but he could never deny the fact that he was not here by choice, that he could never leave, and that there were pieces of his life that he had never been willing to let go. And to make matters worse, even when he was settling into making his relationship with Angelina and his friends, his 'new family' the new center to his existence, he was still .... lacking. Emotions boiled beneath his surface that only became more poignant and prominent after his last transformation. A yearning for things that were not just quirky side effects. And as much as he repressed them... they only boiled stronger in his breast. He had learned that the hard way. And after hearing horror stories of the other islanders, Ambrose SWORE to never be like them. Never to pose a threat to friends... to "family".

The missing days had terrifyed him. The idea that, even if it WAS the lab's imposition, that he had become so totally and completely ANIMAL that he was not even cognizant of his actions... that they did not last as long as a stain of breath on a mirror in his memories. Upon hearing of Aubrey's grave injury.... he had been so sure it was his fault.. it had nearly torn him to pieces to think he might have been capable of that. He had breathed such a sweet breath of relief when he heard it wasn't him. That he was innocent... that he hadn't hurt someone. And yet that relief was still stained with the fact that someone else had. Someone else who was normally a kind, meek individual who had been driven to madness from the changes.

What if that was their future here...? What if they lost themselves? He could not stand to bear that. And so, with renewed resolve, to cling to the connections that he had, his cognizance, and to find another way of dealing with impulse than to fall into it, he grasped for the method of stress relief from his old life.

Before, Ambrose had always repressed his deep, biting emotions. But that was not good enough on its own. Nor was even his .. healthy relationship with Angelina. No, it was the thrill of the competiton, the focus of his quick movements on the single glimmering blade as he sought a weak point in his opponent's guard. The thrill of this mock combat that ignited his passion and whipped him towards his goal of success, to be better, to impress, and to physically best his opponent. His imagination could soar in the context of the fight - he was a swashbuckling hero fighting for his lady love.. he was a revolutionary fighting for freedom..... it was Ambrose vs the other. In a way.... part of him could see the parallel between this combat and the desire for a Hunt that had begun to ebb its way into his daily thoughts. Proving his merit through quick, decisive action... in besting an opponent.

Perhaps, the way to deal with these impulses was always there, behind the closet door. In a way, he had been almost ashamed to touch it. To stain that symbol of his life before with what he had become - to pick it up with his paw-like hand. Ambrose had stood at the closet door for probably ten minutes before finally snatching it up and heading outside. He wouldn't even be able to wear the mask anymore. Not unless he had one specially made - which for all he knew the labs might do for him. But it still seemed an affront. It was only with how natural the grip still felt in his hands... that he could close his eyes and remember the feel - that the blade was an extention of his own arm, that reassurance and familiarith washed over him. It was right... it was still right.

Arriving on the familiar beach at dawn, Ambrose hesitated another while before settlign into stance. The sand was still cool, not having become searing hot with the rays of the sun, nor did the tropical sun threaten to bake him alive under his fur. For once, it seemed, no one had taken up residence on the beach, leaving it just him, the sand and the salty air.

He walked differently now, unable to put his weight on his feet flat-footed... He was worried he might need to learn everything from scratch.... but after a few trial periods of footwork, Ambrose realized that he could adapt. Hell, his feet were built for speed now even more than they had before - track runners ran on the balls of their feet - Martial artists would keep to the balls of their feet to be able to quickly change direction. And with his stance being like this... he wasn't worried about telegraphing movement.

He set down the water bottle he had brought with him and settled into stance. It felt... different... but right. HE felt he could move and react quickly, advancing and retreating - and switching directions easily, his tail swinging and keeping his balance better than he would have liked to admit.

A few tentative points of attack with the blade quickly turned into a long-overdue practice - in footwork, in defense, in offensive measures, and point control on local flora.

It was just a pity that he didn't actually have an opponent..... He hadn't seen Greer in ages... She was the closest thing to a challenge on the island, and even then they weren't evenly matched. She fought with Sabre, and he with epee. The styles were so different. Certainly, perhaps if they practiced at it, they might be a challenge. But even then out of the circuit of training and competitions, back out there in the "real world" Ambrose had dozens of challengers with each competition - new faces, and fresh blood - different styles to learn and adapt to and try to best. Unless he took the time to teach each and every individual on the island, then it would never be the same. And even then, he would be the only teacher - and that would reflect on the pupils.

He shoved the thoughts to the back of his mind. He was here, at least for the morning, for practice. He was very much out of it, had put on a bit of pudginess around his middle embarrasingly enough, and his point control was unaccaptably off. It would be many hours before Ambrose settled down to take a break, feeling exhausted, but exhuberated with the workout.

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:18 pm
Variety IS the Spice of Life
In which Ambrose meets Thom and discovers that he enjoys Soccer football

Thomas Brinley
Thom had never actually made it to the beach bar the previous night. As unsettling as his meeting with Alec had been, his newly gained knowledge of what lurked in the village and beyond was even more intimidating. With the fading light, a walk through unfamiliar jungles, even on a path, had been more than a tad frightening even to the normally careless individual. At ever snap of a twig or rustle in the leaves, he had expected an assault by the 'tiger man' Alec had mentioned.

Nerves eventually won over and, rationalizing his retreat with the knowledge that Sabin had ordered her rest for a few days, he escaped back to relative safety of his duplex. But the following morning, well rested and determined to best the previous night's fears, he had punted his soccer ball out the door and started back through the jungle once more, lazily juggling the ball from foot to foot.

Just a few short days, and already he missed the game. It was unusual going without the daily morning practices--not speaking to a fellow team mate for three days was an accomplishment indeed. It was a relief to be playing again, even if it meant simply bouncing a ball off trees during his walk. It passed the time. It was relaxing.

He heard the ocean before he saw it, and scooped up his ball rather than continue with his 'game' when it landed in an early sand dune. Sand was miserable for football. But beaches... Beaches he liked. However, he momentary excitement faded as he stepped from the tree and immediately caught sight of the form fencing with itself a bit further down the beach. The reality of his situation flooded back and, sighing, he started over, ball tucked under one arm. If he was going to be stuck here, he might as well meet everyone...

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose had rested up and already gone back to working on drills, his body more easily falling back into the routines -his muscle memory working wonders and adapting itself to his changed anatomy.... it wasn't.. that different save for the changed feet and tail. He even was starting to grin excitedly, focusing on the moves, drowning out even the sun that had climbed higher in the sky and the worries that had been hounding his thoughts earlier in the day. There was nothing like the focus that came with fencing that could clear his thoughts and lift weight from his shoulders.

Even with his heigthened hearing, he almost didn't hear the approach of footsteps until they were almost upon him. It was only then that he stumbled in his lunge. Catching himself barely before going muzzle-first into the sand, he caught himself and turned arould slowly, curiously with pricked ears.

The man was unfamiliar, and by appearances and scent fully human. with a soccer ball? Interesting. His stomach churned a bit. If he was fully human, there was always the chance that he wouldn't know. He stretched for a moment before dropping into a casual position. "Ah... hello?"

Thomas Brinley
As the stranger turned towards him, he stumbled back a pace, very nearly dropping his soccer ball. Admittedly, he had noticed the changes from behind--fur covered the man's backside, and the tail was all too conspicious--but he hadn't expected..anything this complex. This was the farthest along he had seen any islander. This man was truely recognizable as a wolf.

Realizing he was staring, he pulled his eyes away, glancing out towards the water for a moment before returning his gaze to the wolf man and forcing a grin. "Ah, hello. Sorry about that. New 'ere, y' know... Takes some gettin' used to." He paused, searching for something to discuss aside from the changes, and finally nodded to the epee. "You fence?"

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose hesitated as well - the reaction was unmistakable - shock, but contained shock. At least it was pretty evident that he wasn't the first changed islander the man had encountered, but likely the farthest along.

"I'm ... sorry if I startled you." He said with a wince of a smile as he rested the dull blade against his shoulder. "We... we're all new here at one point. And it takes some getting used to for all of us."

At the mention of the fencing, however, his anxiety melted. "Yes, actually." He chuckled, "You play soccer?" He grinned with a nod to the ball.

Thomas Brinley
He shook his head, waving away the apology with a dry laugh. "I should've expected it after seein' th' tail. You're the...farthest I've seen," he explained, grin slipping despite himself. "I hadn't realized it went so far."

However, as the conversation turned towards sports, he genuinely brightened up. "Professionally," he countered, smirking faintly. Nevermind that this man had called it soccer. He had already met two Americans, what was the harm in one more? Switching the ball to his left arm, he offered a hand in greeting. "Thom Brinley."

Ambrose Maurlias
He nodded. "I figured it must have been the case... I.. yeah, I never expected it to get this far either. I was... I was one of the first people here and I haven't seen anyone who's gone through more.... ah... changes than me." Ambrose decided to keep things quiet about the fact that he knew from speaking with the labs that there would be one more injection for him... that this wasn't even the extent of things. Best to put the best foot forward, and show the newcomer that at least he was still a man where it counted.

"Oh ho!" Ambrose actually looked impressed at that. "That... wow, that's an accomplishment. I... I've done many tournaments.... I ... I'm pretty good if I might say so ... unfortunately there isn't exactly a professional fencing league. I... I was hoping to some day make it to the Olympics though.." The note ended with a twinge of bitterness.

But he clipped it short as he also shifted the blade to his offhand and eagerly extended his paw-hand in return, taking the handshake firmly, the rough pad and fur brushing against Thom's. "Ambrose Maurlias. It's nice to meet you. Kind of neat, actually... not a whole lot of other people that into sports here that I've met."

Thomas Brinley
Ahh, well that was...reassuring? At least they weren't turning completely into animals. Fur could maybe, maybe be tolerable. ...Who was he kidding? The prospect of changing was utterly terrifying, not to mention the thought of being stuck on an island for the rest of his life. But why was he worrying? He was a well known figure to sports fans across Europe. Surely there would be an investigation of his disappearance. It was only a matter of time until he was home again.

"It was my life for...a good number of years," he replied offhandedly, shrugging. In truth, the verbal acknowledgement of his loss made it that much more real, and he was hard pressed not to sink back into 'sulk in disbelief' mode. "I 'aven't fenced in years, on the other 'and," he admitted, distracting himself by admiring the blade. "And I wasn't very good at it when I did. Not that I'd 'ad much time for it."

Fencing took much more practice than Thom was willing to permit it. Football was the soul focus of his athletic career. Everything else was done in spare time whenever he needed a refreshing change. Fencing didn't exactly work that way. "Certainly good t' know I'm not the only sports fan 'ere. Makes things a bit more bearable." Grinning, he lifted the ball in one hand and quirked a brow. "Up for a quick match?"

Ambrose Maurlias
"I know how that goes. I think I lived and breathed the sport for quite a few years myself. You played soccer professionally? I mean, wow, that must have really been a dream come true. I wish ...." He shook his head. It would only make the pain of loss that more poignant the more he dwelled on what he was missing.

"well... I just wish Fencing were more of a spectator sport. I could have been raking in the dough as well." He grinned. "But something about bouts that only last a matter of seconds with quick blades doesn't make for that much to watch unless you really know what you're looking for." He lamented. "That and I don't believe that there is any single-man competitive sport aside from perhaps tennis that has made it to the professional level - and even that doens't have much of a following - let alone the combative ones."

At the challenge, he happily set down the blade, leaning it against a large piece of driftwood to keep the polished metal out of the sand.

"And You're on." He grinned. "Although I'm sure that my inexperience is going to be my downfall. What are the goals?" Ambrose gave a lolling grin, leaning down with his hands on his knees with his ears lowered to the side and tail swishing daringly behind him - unwittingly mimicing a very canine 'play' pose.

Thomas Brinley
"It was." Oh, it was. His dream, his life from high school on out. He wouldn't have had it any other way. Laughing, he shook his head. "Ah, money was nice, but I could've done without. Playin' th' game made it worthwhile, everythin' else was just benefits." Benefits that supported his more extreme interests, mind, but benefits nonetheless. "And it's not always perfect. Fans're annoyin' as hell at times," he added knowingly.

As the wolf man took up the challenge, Thom grinned, glancing along the beach in search of some landmark to use for goals. "Ahh, lesse.. Those two tallish sand dunes'll be mine, th' grass topped ones. Annnd, let's 'ave that log and dune as yours." He pointed out said landmarks, dropping the ball to the ground. It was a pity about the sand... But they would make due.

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose smiled nostalgically as Thom described his passion for the sport. It all too closely mirrored his own enthusiasm for the blade. He wouldn't have cared about the money either, more that the only reason he would would be that he could make that his career and not have to worry about anything else. "I don't know... I think it would be flattering to have fans.... but then again, I wouldn't exactly know."

He eyed the landmarks and gave Thomas a nod. "Sounds like a plan!" He backpedaled a few steps, positing himself a bit better between his opponent and the ball and focused his attention on Thom. If fencing had taught him anything, it was how to read an opponent. He poised, waiting for him to engage.

Thomas Brinley
"Oh, it is," Thom quickly assured him, not wanting to appear ungrateful. "Very flatterin'. But sometimes it's nice t' just sit down t' supper without someone walkin' up and ravin' about your last game--or throwin' a brick through y' window when y' lose one." He seemed more amused than upset by the latter. England certainly had some die-hard fans...

He dropped the conversation, and the 'game' began. Thom lazily positioned the ball, slowly juggling it in place for the moment while sizing up his opponent. While Thom had the advantage with his knowledge of the game, the sand was sure to slow him down a good deal--Ambrose's feet would help him on this terrain. Nonetheless, after only a moment he took off, breaking into a run and sending the ball ahead of him with his first step, easily catching up and juggling the ball around the wolf man, keeping it carefully protected only a short distance ahead of his feet.

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose again seemed impressed. By Thom's description it sounded like not only was he a professional player but one with that much recognition? While Ambrose wasn't exactly in the loop as far as European sports went, Thom certainly seemed to be, all puns aside, on top of his game there. It... was a pity, but at the very least it sounded like he had at least tasted the sweet success that Ambrose had always dreamed of.

THoughts, fortunately, were quickly brushed aside as the game began and Thomas took off towards his goal. Ambrose took off after him, surprisingly adept at gaining on him (which came almost as much a suprise to the wolf-man) between the shifting sands, Thom juggling the ball, but mostly because of his changed legs. However, when it came to actually tryign to take the ball from the professional, Ambrose was not quite so adept. Ambrose had had ample time to get used to his new 'feet', but that experience didn't necessarily ential learning how to kick a ball. It took Ambrose a bit, losing several opportunities to block the ball, but eventually began to pick up using the entirety of his partially digitigrade feet as effective kicking surfaces.

He moved quickly, and his reactions were impressive, but Ambrose was obviously a novice to the game. But between his athletic past (though in a different sport) and natural attributes, he seemed to have a fair share of potential.

Thomas Brinley
Back home, football was the sport. European soccer fans were a step up even from the eccentric American football followers. The outcomes of games often led to arguments, bar fights, and even the occasional mob outside of a stadium. When you were one of few representing your nation in such a competitive sport, people recognized you.

Towards the beginning of their game, Thom went easy on his opponent, taking his time due to his recent injury, Ambrose's lack of experience, and as a chance for the man to get used to his changed feet. But as the game progressed, he gradually upped his skills, allowing Ambrose to steal the ball here and there only to swipe it back with a quick move moments later. Finally, to give them both a brief respite, he ducked around Ambrose's side and, with a powerful kick, sent the ball spinning between the chosen goal markers.

"Annnd it's good!" he laughed, slowing to a walk and wiping sweat from his brow with the back of a hand. "You're better than I expected. Well done."

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose's competitive edge quickly took hold of him, and he began to thoroughly enjoy himself, starting to really see where Thom's passion for the sport stemmed from. It was a bit ungainly, to use mainly ones' feet instead of ones' hands, but the freedom of the wide playing arena was invigorating, allowing him to maneuver and use his legs more to their potential.

Thom going easy on him fed Ambrose's confidence, and for a moment, before Thom stepped up his game, he almost thought he had a chance. Then he realized that, much like when Ambrose tested out an opponent outside of real matches, Thom as gauging him at best, or taunting him at worst.

By the time the goal was scored, Ambrose and a wide grin on his face, and a laugh to his voice as he trotted up to Thom and clapped him on the back. "Good game! That was fantastic!" He said between canine pants. "I can see you're not lying when you say you do this professionally. And it's a lot more fun than I remember from High School!" Indeed, most of the players in high school had been disinterested as the sport was only covered as an intramural sampling. ambrose himself hadn't given it his full attention, his mind elsewhere on fencing practices scheduled for after school hours.

"This would be wonderful to do with full teams!" He gave him an exuberant smile. "And... thanks! I really did have a good time." He scratched the back of his head, the flattery definately going to his head - and his tail as it wagged happily.

Thomas Brinley
Grinning, he led the way across the sands to retrieve the ball, speaking between heavy breaths. "One on one's always more excitin'. An' full teams makes f' good games only when everyone really knows each other. Anticipate each other's movements an' the like." He shrugged, sighing cheerfully. "High school pales in comparison. Though it's fun t'challenge th' uppity brats on off days."

He laughed at the thought, clearly reflecting on some past game, and scooped up the soccer ball, tucking it under an arm once more. "'M glad. I'll be huntin' y' down at least once a week to play, y' realize." He quirked a brow, glancing up at the wolf. "Prob'ly more often. Doesn't seem like there's much else t'do, an' can't let my game fall just b'cause I'm stuck on some island."

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose followed him to retreive the ball, and then back to the edge of the sands where he picked up his water bottle, squirting the liquid into his open jaws a few times before responding.

"No kidding. That was wonderful. And hell, maybe we could even see about getting enough people interested. I don't know if we would have enough for two FULL teams, but at least enough for some good games!"

The grin stayed on his face, and he felt very good fromt he excercize and the challenge. He slapped Thom's hand into a shake. "And you have yourself a deal. I would definately enjoy the change of pace. And maybe I can even wrestle you into a fencing mask and stick an epee in your hand now and then to see how you fare in my territory." He smirked, taking another draught of the water.

Thomas Brinley
Thom hadn't thought to bring a water bottle. He hadn't expected to be playing, much less with an opponent that would actually cause him to break a sweat. A pointed stare was sent to Ambrose's bottle. He wasn't begging, but...

"Now there's an idea." It was certainly a good way to end the tedium, the wait between changes...for them, anyway. Truth be told, Thom hadn't given his impending change much thought. As far as he knew, he hadn't even received the prep injection. He could very well be here simply to heal up--Duvert may have been honest with him on that. Whatever the case, he would be leaving soon, so why worry about changing? "But d' you think anyone'd be interested? You said y'self that not many 'ere're, shall we say, athletic."

Chuckling, he returned the handshake, in the same movement dropping the soccer ball back to the ground. "Lovely. I'm in duplex 45, whenever y' need me. Fencing.." He mock grimaced, holding up both hands as if to ward Ambrose away. "Ah, there'd be a sorry sight. Per'aps I'll attempt it sooner or later, but I warn you, I'm pitiful."

Ambrose Maurlias
Ambrose grinned and tossed the water bottle at him after closing the nozzle. "There you go - and you can keep it, there's plenty available." He stooped to pick up the epee, tucking it carefully under his arm.

"I bet more people would be interested in it, even if they're not usually the sporty types. After you've been here for a while things like the television room and whatnot get a bit droll. Maybe post fliers or soemthing, we could get interested people and try to get something going." HE smiled, the notion seeming interesting and exciting. Already he started visualizing people who would enjoy it. People like Colche who was also probably well built for it, and might enjoy something like that. Or perhaps it was something he and Angelina could do together as well. HIs ears pricked as he thought about it.

"And great! I'm in duplex One. Easy to remember." He smirked, lauging at the look of distaste in regards to fencing. "Well, it's a change of pace - and only fair if you're allowed to hand me my a** in soccer.... sorrry, Football." He winked.

"Anyway, it was great meeting you! I think I better head back and hit the shower before I become any more offensive to the nose."

Ambrose gave him a final wave before trotting back down the path that led to the duplexes.

Thomas Brinley
"Works every time," he laughed, grin returned as he opened the nozzle and gratefully downed a good portion of the remaining water. "Used t' pull it on Aaron almost daily when--" He paused, appearing a bit confused, and almost immediately jumped to the subject of possible teams.

"Makes sense, of course. I'll work on some sort of announcement or somethin'. Not sure how we'd acquire fliers..." He shrugged, helping himself to another drink of water. "But who knows, eh? We'll see."

Rolling his eyes, he grinned, popping the nozzle closed and cocking his head to the side. "'Ey now, you asked for it. But you're right. Get your 'and on another epee, an' we'll fence." Waving his own goodbye, he turned his back on the path and started down the sand for the waves, guiding the ball with his feet out of habit and tugging off his shirt on the way. The day was still young, and it wasn't often he got a free tree to a crowd-less beach. Time for a long swim.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 10:04 pm
A Discussion with a Goat of God

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=8&t=2844469#62853382  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 3:53 pm
PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2006 1:59 am
Fencing, Football, and Video Games

The muffed sound of blips, chimes and overall noise could be heard from outside the entertainment room even without stepping a foot inside. The volume cranked high, the irish punk teen was enjoying the ear-bleeding noise of the brain-numbing videogame he was apparently enthrawled in- so much so, that he'd spent most of the day inside the nicely air-conditioned complex with little concern for anything else.

A messy platfeul of spaghetti lay beside half-eaten sandwiches and bowls of various snack items, having somewhat stocked up on edibles before settling into his seat on the floor infront of the tv screen. With a half-burnt cig hanging from his teeth, Alec was hooked.
[

Ambrose, meanwhile, was on cloud nine. Things had been going remarkably well for the wolfman as of late, and only promised to be doing even better soon. He hoped.

After coming back from the labs and his visit with Aubrey, Ambrose swung by the cafeteria. Seeing no one there and feeling social (but not ready to see Angelina again just yet - he was scared he'd blab about his plans), he grabbed a tray of food - a couple of hamburgers and a steak, and poked around the other rooms of the town hall complex.

He heard the noise from the entertainment room as soon as he stepped outside. His tail wagging socially, he stepped around to the side of the building and poked his head in.

THe mohawk that crested the couch was unmistakable. It was the kid that he had met briefly at the beach bar who had been dared to eat the cigarette... he couldn't remember his name, but he had an interesting accent.

"Hey, do you mind company?" Ambrose said loudly over the video game.

Alec didn't even look away from the screen as he heard the voice call over the digital melody that portrayed his victory of the fourth level of the game. "NEEEEH!" He yelled back, realizing just then how loud the room was by how much he had to strain his vocal chords to drown it out. Grabbing the remote that sat nearby, he flicked it until the volume was at a reasonably noisy level.

He took the opportunity of the break to glance over his shoulder at who had arrived, the smell of cooked meat being a lure for his attention. Spotting the wolfman, he narrowed his eyes and thought hard. So familiar. A little shaggier than what he'd remembered, but the features were oddly unmistakeable. He snapped his fingers a few times, racking his brain for a name.

"Ambrose." He stated plainly, pointing to the caninesque man before turning back for his controller.

"Excellent, thanks!" He responded, careful to not get between the teen and the television, and then plopped down on the couch next to him with a smile.

"You remember!" He responded with a thump of his tail. "And you're... uhrm... " His ears drooped. "Ah... I ran into you with Amaya... and at the beach bar get together..." He tapped his nails on the tray, sheepishly.

"I'm so sorry, I've run into so many people recently." HE tried to divert the attention away from his faulty memory. "What are you playing?"

Alec didn't seem to care much that he was easily forgotten. Something that small and insignificant wouldn't upset such a laid back guy as himself. "Alec." He answered without any hint of disdain whatsoever, understanding the dilemma of just how many people were actually in that place.

"Sou' Calibeh." He said with a bit of a laugh that exposed much of a his sharp teeth, just as his character was absolutely mauled by the computer AI. "Aaan' apparenly 'am no' tha' good at i'." He shook his head and waited for the next round to load. "Y'wanna play?" He glanced over and offered a controller, though his eyes seemed distracted by Ambrose's looks. He apparently hadn't realized just how wolf-like the man had become though it was possible he'd just forgotten about it since their brief meetings in the past.

Ambrose snapped his fingers and shook his finger. "Alec! That's right. I'm sorry, I used to be rather good with names, but so many new people have arrived. I do remember you, don't get me wrong, just not your name..."

He took a big bite out of his hamburger, and then did a doubletake as Alec flashed him a jagged grin. "Whoa!" Ambrose looked up, his ears pricked. "I'm sorry... I hadn't noticed... you've been through your first change?" Fortunately, at least, his couch companion didn't seem too phased - so either it wasn't very recent, or it didn't bother him.

"Soul Calibre? Sure! I think I tried it once with Awen. I'm not nearly as good as she is, but I think I'm decent." HE picked up the other controller. "And at least I should be less harsh than the computer companion." He grinned teasingly.

Alec gladly handed over the controller, happy to have a partner to play with for once. He rememebered Awen, the aquatic-looking beor. She'd offered to play too, but he hadn't seen her since that one time where he helped her with the tv. "Heh, maybeh a'll kick ye a** a few times then."

He smiled again, but not so broad this time. The wolf-man's sudden reaction reminded him of Emelyn, and although he'd received the same look a few times before by random people, it seems he hadn't grown accustomed to it yet. "Ye, a' lil' while ago." The teen calmly answered, looking back to the tv screen so that he could set up the specs for a 2-player game. "A' guess none of us are safe, eh?" He tried to laugh off the subject that was obviously not very humorous and he soon reverted to the tactic of shifting the spotlight. "Ye lookin a lil mo' furreh since a saw ye last too?"

Ambrose took the controller, looking over the buttons briefly to familiarize himself before "start-ing" in and picking a character. With a grin, he selected Raphael, the fencer. "I like this character." He added with an inane, wolfish grin. "And we'll see. I've played it a few times... though likely not as much as you have. But give me a real sword and we'll see who does the a** kicking."

He nodded, his voice becoming more serious on the subject of the transformations as well. "We all like to try to delude ourselves, at least for a time, that maybe it won't happen to us... or it will stop before it gets too bad.... and ever time... eventually it happens. But I don't know if it would be worse the opposite. Angelina, she's been here over six months now... she hasn't changed yet. There were... problems. She got sick for a time and had to go to the labs. We... we've been on pins and needles for so long now... waiting.... you don't want to get too comfortable that it won't happen... because they say it will..." HE trailed off with a shake of his head. "I'm sorry, so much for light conversation, eh?"

"Ye, is ekay" Alec sighed, though he wasn't upset by the conversation in the least. "Is hard not teh talk 'bout i' all th'time, a mean wha' else goes on in this place?" He chuckled again, hinting at the incessant boredom that had been nagging at him for a few days now. He didn't recognize the name that Ambrose mentioned but listened attentively regardless. He almost let the subject drop until he quickly added to it. "A' di'n't even know pehple go' sick from i', yanno? 'Til a met... Julian. N' stoof."

Smirking, Alec chose the crazy Voldo. It was never a dull moment when he played with that guy. "A' real 'un? Ye know 'ow t'do theh... " The young islander quickly passed into another topic of conversation, making a jabbing motion with his free hand to signify the art of swordplay that he couldn't quite put into words properly.

Ambrose winced at the mention of Julian. "Yeah..... he's my ah.. 'upstairs roommate'... I haven't seen him in quite a while now, but last I saw him he was having some severe... issues. Going crazy - thought he was the cheshire cat, some sort of honest to god multiple personality disorder. But I met him first before he started to change - he alwas seemed very... borderline to me. If you ask my opinion, I think the people going crazy from this are the people that had issues to begin with. Angelina was more of a physical sicknes. Not that I'm saying that's GOOD, but I honestly think it's better than going crazy and losing yourself."

Ambrose smirked at the teen's choice. "And yup! I used to be a fencer. Well, still am I suppose. I did all sorts of competitions. I was even ranked in the nation with an epee. I... well... I was hoping to make it to the olympics someday." He said with a nostalgic tone. "It's too bad that no one else really does epee fighting. Greer knows how to use a sabre, but the styles are so different, and it's been ages since I've seen her. She's so avian now, I don't even know if she could adapt well to the fencing." He grinned at the teen, his tail thumping on the couch. "I can show you sometime if you like?"

Alec chuckled again, recalling the 'conversation' he'd had with the disturbed young boy in the jungle. "Yea, a' 'ad th'pleasuh o' meetin' 'im durin' tha' whole mess wi' th'staff ladeh. Heh... both o' 'em." He almost made a comment about how horrible it must be, waiting on a 'death sentence' of sorts before he realized he was probably in the same boat.

It was a little difficult keeping up with the conversation when Ambrose went into detail of mentioning countless names that weren't familiar but he did his best. The fact he couldn't recognize any of the aforementioned islanders only served to remind him that there were many more people he hadn't run into yet.

"Heh... ye! Maybeh you c'n teach me a bi'?" Swordfighting lessons? Sign him up.

Ambrose nodded slowly, and commenced to attempt to kick Valdo's a** with the quick rapier strikes of Raphael. Ambrose mused that perhaps, were he actually there with a rapier as opposed to trying to hazard guesses of how triangle and square-buttons equivaleted to various fencing techniques, he might stand a much better chance, ironically.
Then again that Voldo character appeared to be crazy, and consequently difficult to read.

Ambrose's overanalysis left him very open to much pummeling.

He looked away from the game to give Alec his own toothy grin. "I'd love to! I was teaching Amaya for a while, but after the lockout things kind of got pushed aside. Maybe I can train the two of you together. It's better to have someone to learn with that you can spar. But I know she's self-conscious about the changes that have happened to her feet and hands.... but I bet she could still manage. I actually surprisingly started to learn a bit of soccer... er... football as you probably call it too. There's a new islander, Thom - apparently he played professionally. I've entertained the notion of trying to get a league started up. I'm sure there are enough of us that would be interested."

Alec commenced the difficult-to-master, smashing-of-the-buttons technique in hopes of evading Ambrose's character and somehow pull off some good moves at the same time. Admittedly, it was hard to tell if it was working or not.

"Heh, tha'd be fun." He laughed, not being able to imagine Amaya ever weilding a sharp weapon in her life. "Ye, she's all upse' all th'time. A' keep tellin heh tha' she c'n do whateveh.." The punk teen trailed off as he focused on the game for a moment, frowning furiously in concentration and somewhat forgetting his train of thought in the process. "Ask heh if she's up teh i' though, am fair game fo' i'."

At the mention of football however, Alec lost all concentration on the match. Amazed that the subject he had just been chatting about not too long ago came up, he excitedly smacked the wolf-man's shoulder. "FOO'BALL!" After the exclaimation was out of his system, he continued. "A' was thinkin of findin soom blokes t'play wi', a know Thom would. Ye!" Finally, finally something to get excited about.

Ambrose stuck his tongue out in concentration as the match got heated. His own technique of trying to learn what each of the buttons actually did to calculate attacks not doing so well when he was a novice at the game - especially in response to the furious button-mashing that was coming at him - quick, unpredictable moves seemed to be draining poor Raphael's health bar rapidly.

"I'm really sorry to hear that... Amaya's been so quiet every time I've seen her recently. I feel bad for her - I wish there were something I could do... but I don't even really know the problem. she always used to be so happy - a ray of sunshine in this place. But yeah, I'd be happy to teach you or both of you. I've even got a few extra sets of equipment that the labs gave me."

With the smack on his shoulder, Ambrose nearly dropped the controller, and looked surprised at Alec, at first thinking that he had said something wrong, before he realied it was his exuberance. His ears pricked back up - he as well had been looking for something to do as a group - something to get excited about and stir his competitive nature. "That's wonderful! WE should put up fliers, try to get a big group. Make teams, and start having matches! I miss competing in fencing SO badly... and as much as I love the combative sports... I'll take what I can get - and I think more people would be generally interested by soc - er- football than fencing, anyway. I bet Angelina would play, too. Though, ah, I don't know if it's her thing. And I could see a lot of the other Islanders doing really well!"

Guessing by how much Ambrose mentioned this 'Angelina', he figured she meant a little to the shaggy man besides him. That was fine, everyone needed someone sometimes. Wasn't there... a song or something that went like that?

Oh right, the game.

With the many buttons being struck at once, it was amazing that Alec was able to pinpoint a particularly good combination by chance and therefore performed it a few times to finish off the weakened Raphael. "HA!" He smirked in triumph, turning back to Ambrose. "Ye, fliehs." The teen nodded, admiring the good idea and regretting the work at the same time. He wasn't exactly good at grammar. Any literate signs that came out of him would be a fluke, though he could already imagine some other islanders that could possibly be star players in their makeshift league.

"Awwww." Ambrose chimed in a response as he got pummeled, before redoubling his efforts.

"OR at least something on the door to the cafeteria, as almost everyone goes there at least once a day. I'll see about what I can do. Maybe set a time - talk to Thom- where we could meet up and all talk about it." His tail was thumping again, brushing against Alec's leg as it did.

"This should be great! I'm actually looking forward to this. I wonder what the teams will be like. I bet even Colche could have fun with something like this - and she's a Cheetah for God's sake, she'd be great once she learns the rules."

Alec looked distractedly away from the screen as Ambrose's tail touched him though it only amused him. It reminded him of this old, shaggy dog he used to play with down the street back in that place he'd once lived in. "Ye, an' 'round the duplexes?" He wiped furiously at his chin when he noticed he'd accidently spit with the last syllables of his sentence, inwardly cursing his teeth again and again for failing to enunciate the words properly.

With the mention of a cheetah, Alec started to laugh without even knowing who he was talking about. "Damn, she'd kick our fookin arses. Shou' be fun!" He definetly was looking forwards to this, both relieved and excited that he'd found someone just as adament about getting somesort of activity going on as he had been. He was about to break into another related though until he realized the rapid snacking he had been doing had depleted his food stash. "Aw, man." He groaned and flicked at the few crumbs that were left before glancing up at the screen. "A betteh clean up a bi', this ain't me room! Besides, ma arse'is hurtin from sittin 'ere so long."

Ambrose nodded enthusiastically. He bet Colche woudl love it - she loved interacting with people, and was a quick learner when people had the patience to teach her things. A game like that she would probably love.

"Yeah - that would be great. I'll try to talk with Thom and set up a time. I'll post the fliers!"

Ambrose nodded to Alec as he got up to get more food. His own food was mostly neglected sitting off to the side of the couch - he had gotten caught up in the activity that required both of his hands. Turning off the game, he sat back to finish eating.

"Great seeing you again - and I'll try to keep ya posted on the league!"

Alec nodded to him as he sloppily gathered up all his dirty dishes to return to the caf. "Ye, thanks mate. A'll see ye 'round aye." He gave a short wave and left Ambrose to his meal, figuring he'd need at least 10 hours sleep to compensate for how much he'd fried his brain on videogaming all day. Shrugging it off, the mohawked kid left the room whistling.  

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

Ambrose Maurlias
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:27 pm
NOT a werewolf.... REALLY.
Ambrose is the welcome wagon for Nathan

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=181&t=1140460#63531767  
The Duplexes

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 46 47 48 49 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff