Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
More Meteor Showers Bring Even Stranger Powers. (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BeaMichelle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:41 am
Nova Blancke
Theo looked back down at Thea and nodded.

"Alright thanks. Get some rest."

He then turned his attention to Gidget.

"Open up Leonard's files. Thea says the answers should be in there. I haven't even read all of it yet. There's just so much."

Thea smiled up and him and nodded. Rest sounded good. She had been awake for far too long already.

She shuffled over to Theonis and laid her head on his foot. With how safe she felt with her big brother watching her, it didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:09 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo
He reached an arm to Gidget, wrapping an arm around her waist in one of the few moments she wasn't moving. Without a word he kissed her lips. All too quickly for his own heart, he released her again. He wished to hold on to her warmth for a bit longer, to help keep the fog away, but there was work to do.

Silently he stepped to Trinity and took her hand. With a deep breath and a nod, he was ready.

Gidget was surprised, but pleased, by the sudden kiss. He hadn't spoken for a while, and that concerned her. She had noticed that he was spacing out more and more. She had a good idea as to why, but she'd have to look at the notes Charles Ray had hopefully left Theonis before he was burned alive. Whatever the outcome, she was going to make sure nothing happened to Ako.

"Be careful out there. Don't do anything too crazy."

Once Trinity and Ako had left, Gidget opened the first file.

PD Video Log 1

Leonard Acula was sitting confidently at his computer terminal.

"We have just been approached by Alistar Blithe. I have only seen pictures of the man, but have never had the displeasure of actually meeting him. A rather chilling individual, and his Japanese butler certainly didn't help matters."

"I digress. He has tasked us with creating a new generation of metahumans from select 'parents' that display properties that are unique to the rest of the population, be they human or metahuman."

"The subjects have yet to be chosen. That has been left up to us. Doctor Berchant seems rather insistent on making using of Annabella Soulsmith. A...bold choice to be certain, but I have my eyes on someone far more unique. Someone more...familiar."

PD Video Log 2

"While we have made our choices concerning whom to use in our directive, we have just been given further directions by Blithe. He insists that we, the scientists in charge of this directive, provide one half of the parentage. Some nonsense about passing on our great minds. I do believe, though, that there are other motives behind his choice."

"Berchant, the disturbed individual that he is, has opted for the more barbaric option of creating his progeny. I however, refuse to partake in such bestial behavior. Though I will be begrudgingly providing one half of the parentage, Agatha Morris will only need to surrender an egg. Though the rest laugh, I'd still like to take the time one day to find a way to restore the poor girl's mind."

PD Audio Log 1

"We drew lots and acquiesced to Berchant's notion of a control group. Annabella's child will be allowed to grow naturally, while the rest of us infuse the fetuses with post natal growth enhancing treatments. While it will cut their life span short significantly, perhaps it will be better for them after what I have seen being constructed only a few floor below us."

PD Video Log 3

"The first child has just been approved for removal from her incubating vat. It's Agatha's, a girl. It's strange, she has purple hair, not unlike the Trinity girl that protects Valhalla. Preliminary testing has shown that her cellular development is five times that of a normal infant. So by this time next year she should be the size of a five year old girl. I haven't given her a name yet. I fear that doing so would skew my objective view of what's to come."

PD Video Log 19
Approximate age of Subject:3 (Speech)
Audio only, Heavy Video Interference

"Now then, what's on this card."

"Mmmm, gerrraff." said a small child.

"Very good, it is a giraffe."

The sound of a mechanical door sliding open.

"What are you doing here? You don't have clearance for this room."

"Then why am I standing before you." sighed the male voice with a slight hint of an Eastern accent.

"That's the one. Take her to the playground."

"Doctaw?"

"What are you doing? Put her down!"

"Doctaw?!"

"You've fulfilled your purpose Doctor Acula. Now it's time for the girl to fulfill hers."

"Waah! DOCTAW!"

PD Video Log 22

"Today's the day her power manifested itself. While most experience their first flair of abilities closer to adolescence, the girl has killed her handlers on her first birthday."

"She rarely speaks anymore. She is anxious, reclusive, aggressive, and incredibly violent. The only one she doesn't seem to attack on sight is myself, so they've allowed me back as her primary physician and care giver."

"Despite the disastrous outcome, Blithe is insisting that we move forward with the cloning process. He feels the girl is unique among the other progeny."

"My God...what am I a part of?"

PD Video Log 52

"An interesting and disturbing development happened today. It seems the girl has developed dissociative identity disorder. I suppose today's session at the torture chamber they call the playground was enough to finally break the poor girl. What's especially peculiar is that the color of her hair changes based on which personality is in charge. The blue haired personality is stoic, intense, and quick to attack if pressured. She appears to be a guardian personality for the red haired child. I say child because she acts as though nothing has happened to her in the last two years. She looks to me as a girl would her father."

"I believe it is time I gave her a proper name. Thea sounds good, or at least it goes with the name scheme Clara and I had discussed so long ago."

PD Video Log 73
Heavy Video interference due to subject (Rock) action.

The screen buzzes on and stretches and tears erratically as a high pitched engine seems to be firing up.

"Thea, you're going to kill yourself if you keep going like this!"

"Not my name! That stupid girl's name! I gets name too! She gets everything! I want! Give me a name!"

"Theresa please, stop this!"

The video feed begins to come back into focus as the engine cools down. An video of a battered Theresa standing amidst burned remains in a giant crater is finally displayed.

"My name, is Theresa." she confirmed.

PD Video log 86

"I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you what I had done. But you deserve to know. I'm giving these files to you so that you can find a way to stop the dark man. But I have locked these files so that Theonis could know what I had done. Hopefully, Thea is with you now. Her birthday is on August seventh. She'll be four this year, though she probably looks like a petite young lady in all likely hood."

"I spoke earlier on trigger words for the new subjects. Hers are special. She responds to the latin words for 'go wild' by reverting to her original state. She can be stopped like the others by saying the name of Theonis' mother. She is aging at five times the normal rate for a human being, so she probably wont live past fourteen or fifteen actual years of age."

"I'm afraid my days may also be numbered. It seems that they have discovered what I have hidden regarding my genetic make-up. By the time you see this video, I will be subject to the same experiments I have helped develop. It's what I deserve for the horrors I've committed."

"Theonis...Gidget...be good to her, and patient. I suspect that even Theresa will cry like a baby when she is finally shown some sort of comforting affection."

Gidget closed the last video and looked at Theonis, and then at the sleeping teenager at his feet.

"She's my daughter?" she asked with a knowing tone.

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:04 pm
Theo couldn't help but smile a little as she fell asleep on his foot, His mood changed when the video's started playing.

His dad showed on screen. He definitely looked younger than last time he saw him. When he spoke of Alistar's plan he knew who his dad would pick. It was hard to believe he did it regardless.

Then the second log played. It seemed his dad wasn't aware that he had to be part of it like that. It was good to hear him say that he wanted to help Gidget restore her mind.

The first audio log certainly explained her behavior despite her size.The next one confirmed it.

The next part was hard to bare. He looked down at the girl sleeping at his feet. His half sister. His father named Theresa as well it seemed. All of mostly pissed him off. Knowing that Daedelus was still doing this. He hated his father for being a part of it. But also worried about him.

Theonis took a few deep breaths to try and collect himself. The man lowered himself to one knee to not disturb the girl and brushed away some hair from her face.

"Yeah, she told me right before this. I thought she was brainwashed but...yeah she is your daughter. And my sister,"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:29 pm
The Count of Monte Carlo

Maybe that was all in his head, idle musings that drew him away from the matters at hand and down dark twisting paths of speculation. He willed himself to reach out towards the light coming in through those eye sockets, to take control of his mortal coil again and move.

He reached an arm to Gidget, wrapping an arm around her waist in one of the few moments she wasn't moving. Without a word he kissed her lips. All too quickly for his own heart, he released her again. He wished to hold on to her warmth for a bit longer, to help keep the fog away, but there was work to do.

Silently he stepped to Trinity and took her hand. With a deep breath and a nod, he was ready.

Trinity did not know much of Ako or why Gidget seemed so fond of him, just that she was fond of him and respected that. Their paths did cross briefly before the Leviathan attack hit. After it was over he was no where to be found, for thirteen years. He had come back to Valhalla after all of this time and was reunited briefly with the one who was also known as Angel who arrived here around when Theonis first showed up. Then after some time here and when Legion attacked they finally hooked up after so many years apart for one reason or another. The guy tend to be a man a few words and when he did speak it was rather soft.

As he took her hand they began to sink. Through the shadow realm they went where every shadow was a gateway to surface. She emerged in a dark ally near the diner she and Gidget were eating at just before they met Deora.

She let go of Ako and brought out her smart phone. She had the ability to track down residences' phones to find them (that is if their phone is on them).
Once she got their location she lead Ako in the direction, "This way."  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:42 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi
Kerana

"So what's next? Wait, Damien... you were able to grab some information from that guy right? What were you able to find out?"

Damien took a moment to get a read on the people closest to them to make sure they weren't about to be ambushed. Satisfied, he took a seat on the floor.

"Your parents are alive, and are in holding with many others who bore metahuman children."

He stopped abruptly, as though there were something else he had something else on his mind.

Kerana noticed he stopped abruptly which caused her to worry. "What is it Damien? Is there something wrong?"  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:02 am
Nova Blancke

Theonis took a few deep breaths to try and collect himself. The man lowered himself to one knee to not disturb the girl and brushed away some hair from her face.

"Yeah, she told me right before this. I thought she was brainwashed but...yeah she is your daughter. And my sister,"

Gidget stepped over to Theo and Thea. She then knelt down in front of them and hesitantly lay a hand on the girl's head. It was hard not to get her fingers caught within the matted mess of her daughter's hair.

Her hand pulled backed suddenly as her eyes darted left and right. She looked around the lab and shuffled over to the closest hole that Thea had made only minutes ago. She examined the hole and reached her right hand in to pry out the baseball sized stone that had embedded itself in one of her servers.

She looked over to Theonis and quickly asked, "Did she say anything about having sisters? Clones maybe?"

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 am
Kerana

Kerana noticed he stopped abruptly which caused her to worry. "What is it Damien? Is there something wrong?"

Damien took a deep breath and stated, "There was something else I saw when I read his mind. There is something they are doing, Operation ELE, that is a threat to all of us. They found us because they were looking for us. Daedalus is moving against us, and it is a final move."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:58 am
"Yeah, 4 clones. Luna, Chariot, Strength, and Prism. She said there were boys as well but they had a different father. Phantom, Echo, Decay, Beast and the one we took out here. But I don't know if they are....yours." Theonis responded. Afterwards he carefully removed his foot from underneath Thea's head. Using his power to make sure her head was lowered to the floor soft and carefully.

"He really does know how to make it personal, doesn't he?" He spoke before examing what Gidget was doing.

"So if those bullets of hers can hurt and ancient who is basically power manifested at this point, what would it do to our powers?""

He wanted to ask if she was pregnant but now didn't seem to be a good time for it.

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:30 pm
Rikki Tikki Travi

Damien took a deep breath and stated, "There was something else I saw when I read his mind. There is something they are doing, Operation ELE, that is a threat to all of us. They found us because they were looking for us. Daedalus is moving against us, and it is a final move."

"Operation ELE? Final move?" she was hoping it was something more related to her parents but since Damien pointed out that it was something bigger this may have to take priority. "What is Operation ELE? What are they trying to do?"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 8:22 am
PixelMuse
Trinity did not know much of Ako or why Gidget seemed so fond of him, just that she was fond of him and respected that. Their paths did cross briefly before the Leviathan attack hit. After it was over he was no where to be found, for thirteen years. He had come back to Valhalla after all of this time and was reunited briefly with the one who was also known as Angel who arrived here around when Theonis first showed up. Then after some time here and when Legion attacked they finally hooked up after so many years apart for one reason or another. The guy tend to be a man a few words and when he did speak it was rather soft.

As he took her hand they began to sink. Through the shadow realm they went where every shadow was a gateway to surface. She emerged in a dark ally near the diner she and Gidget were eating at just before they met Deora.

She let go of Ako and brought out her smart phone. She had the ability to track down residences' phones to find them (that is if their phone is on them).
Once she got their location she lead Ako in the direction, "This way."

Ako forgot whether he knew about Trinity's shadow travel through conversations, or if he'd actually traveled with her. In his time at Valhalla, he didn't think he'd actually interacted with her often, except through Gidget. Was that true, or was he misremembering? Either way, the short trip through shadows was slightly disconcerting. As they emerged into the real world again, he had to look around himself to gain his bearings. It was an alleyway. When he looked to the nearby street, he recognized it. Not because he'd spent much time on it, nor did he recognize it's place in the subdistrict. That change had come after he'd left. He recognized this street for the small diner nearby. He'd visited it occasionally when he was just a student in the city. It was just the kind of place a college kid needed when they were out until 3am and wanted pancakes and bacon.

He looked back to Trinity when she spoke, and followed her without a word.  

The Count of Monte Carlo

5,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 8:17 am
The being, for lack of a better word, was gazing upon the mountains of Tibet. This place had much beauty. It would prefer to see it thrive. The creature had been traveling for the last month. Finding and conversing with the elderly in order to gain insight. That knowledge would bring him closer to it's answer. But it felt something disturbing this tranquility that it enjoyed

It was dressed as the monks on this place were. It's gender seemed to lean towards male as opposed to androgenic. He had learned a saying before that seemed to fit. When in Rome, do as Romans do. But for now he had to leave this peaceful place and seek out this new thing. It did not take him long to locate it. Traveling through the shadows was easier than before. Instead of going through that strange inverted land, the being simply connected two shadows together, his start and his destination, to almost make it instantaneous .

He exited the shadow near Eclipse. His hands hanging by his sides. A neutral stance. He showed no hostility.

"Interesting thing you are. Not human, not Meta."

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:11 pm
Nova Blancke
"Yeah, 4 clones. Luna, Chariot, Strength, and Prism. She said there were boys as well but they had a different father. Phantom, Echo, Decay, Beast and the one we took out here. But I don't know if they are....yours." Theonis responded. Afterwards he carefully removed his foot from underneath Thea's head. Using his power to make sure her head was lowered to the floor soft and carefully.

"He really does know how to make it personal, doesn't he?" He spoke before examing what Gidget was doing.

"So if those bullets of hers can hurt and ancient who is basically power manifested at this point, what would it do to our powers?""

He wanted to ask if she was pregnant but now didn't seem to be a good time for it.

Gidget was swiftly typing away at the keyboard and opening multiple spread sheets, profiles, and charts. Her cognitive abilities were hard at work. It didn't take long for her pupils to dilate at the height of her power.

She spoke quickly as she worked, relaying information almost as quickly as it was displayed on the screen.

"The clones you mentioned, while containing DNA of your father and myself, are not separate attempts at progeny. They were attempts at copying powers. Only they found that, while similar in some respects, each girl has different abilities."

"The boys are each from different sources. Phantom was the thing that infiltrated us earlier. Echo was the one that ambushed Ako and I. Beast may have been responsible for taking control of Heather this morning. And Decay...oh."

She paused for a moment as the names of Decay's parentage popped up. One was a professor that Gidget was unfamiliar with. The other was slightly glitched from damage, but the name "Carter" was clear as day.

She sighed and opted to put a pin in that for the time being. There were more pressing matters to attend to first.

"Thea's projectile are comprised of naturally occurring metal ore. Her power allows her to absorb natural metals and store them for the purpose of creating weapons and ammunition out of her own body. Oh God...it says here that as of the last status update, which was a little over a week ago, she experiences incredible pain and discomfort when the "reconfigurations" occur. I'll have to have a look at Ray's notes. I may be able to do something about that."

"Ah, also, if you want to carry her, you may have a hard time. The excess metals she stores make her very heavy. Although after what just happened, I imagine she's a great deal lighter now."

A beeping sound came from her right arm and she spun around to show Theonis a holographic projection of the rock she had analyzed.

"The round is made up of an unknown metal that has atomic properties much like that of the meteors. I would surmise that it is what is left after the meteors lose their radioactivity. I don't know what it would do to our powers, but it would make it impossible for rapid regeneration or healing from another person."

She shut down the hologram and returned to her computer, where she apparently found what she was looking for.

"Ah-ha! That b*****d slipped up. He said that the four girls in masks with Valhalla uniforms were the "Rock Shooter's" sisters. They are the very ones you told me about. I have the proof to clear us!" she exclaimed.

Rikki Tikki Travi

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:46 pm
Kerana

"Operation ELE? Final move?" she was hoping it was something more related to her parents but since Damien pointed out that it was something bigger this may have to take priority. "What is Operation ELE? What are they trying to do?"

"ELE means Extinction Level Event. Their intent is to wipe meta-human existence from the face of the Earth, starting with America's Meta safe haven: Valhalla."

He stopped again, but this time as though he had heard something. He looked to Deora and whispered, "Someone is coming. Is there someplace to hide?"

Deora_Alvarez

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 12:49 pm
"Wait...you were ambushed? When was that?" Theo asked as he continued to listen.

"Yeah I noticed she was heavy but I can compensate." Theo responded. He was intrigued by the rock Thea had shot. Especially after what Gidget said. It gave him an idea.

"Ha, leave it to you to find something. Data on them from Daedelus? Even if it's something else, that would be great news. Maybe we can use Daisy for that. To give it a bit of a spin since it is her job." Theo said. Maybe it was wrong for him to say they could 'use' her but he would if he could.

"I stil want to go to that beach and help out. Maybe there is a small chance someone survived. I hope so anyway.I arranged for those choppers and delivered them right to him" He said in a bit of a sad tone. He felt responsible for what happened despite knowing it was out of his control

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 1:01 pm
Nova Blancke
The being, for lack of a better word, was gazing upon the mountains of Tibet. This place had much beauty. It would prefer to see it thrive. The creature had been traveling for the last month. Finding and conversing with the elderly in order to gain insight. That knowledge would bring him closer to it's answer. But it felt something disturbing this tranquility that it enjoyed

It was dressed as the monks on this place were. It's gender seemed to lean towards male as opposed to androgenic. He had learned a saying before that seemed to fit. When in Rome, do as Romans do. But for now he had to leave this peaceful place and seek out this new thing. It did not take him long to locate it. Traveling through the shadows was easier than before. Instead of going through that strange inverted land, the being simply connected two shadows together, his start and his destination, to almost make it instantaneous .

He exited the shadow near Eclipse. His hands hanging by his sides. A neutral stance. He showed no hostility.

"Interesting thing you are. Not human, not Meta."

Eclipse was sitting in a chair located at the penthouse office of Daedalus central headquarters. There was a large computer terminal that he had been using to hack into Gidget's video feed situated against the window that overlooked the cityscape.

"Oh? I'm willing to bet that I'm not half as interesting as the thing you are."

From the dark corners of the office emerged the four masked sisters of Thea. They were slowly converging on the being that had intruded on their liberator.

Eclipse raised a hand and sighed, "That wont be necessary girls. He wont attack me. He's here because I've piqued his interest, not to fight."

The girls halted and then took a step back. They were still watching the intruder like nervous jungle cats. Once they had calmed Eclipse swiveled his chair around and grinned at the being.

"Isn't that right...Legio?" he calmly asked the being.

Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 552 553 554 555 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games