Lady Pureblood

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:59 pm
I would say both. They are almost equal in abilitys biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:34 am
I'd say near. just.  

Shinigami-Rem_Death-Note

I Am Itachi1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:01 pm
i have to dissagree i bieleve they are both clever but in diffrent ways near is like L kinda clever mello is action type of clever planning things out to make the perfect crime  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:50 pm
mello-he knew exactly wat was gonna happen-died for the cause-and saved nears butt-and the world  

i-luv-allen-walker

Patchened

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:14 pm
Id say Near because hes smart enough to depend on the little things or non-main parts like mikami and his notebook...  
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:13 pm
Near for sure. Mello just trys to force things out of people and gets mad way to easy. I like Near better for being more calm. smile
Plus he does seem more intellegent. I like how he deals with things more. He doesn't force things out. Instead he tricks them into saying something.  

Pup Crazed Kiya

Beloved Prophet

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Object of Affection 150

hexbabe95

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:30 pm
Near is way smarter than Mello. Mello is just competent and selfish.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:47 pm
I personally feel Near is much smarter than Mello. Mello is just incompetent, selfish, and rash. He gets angry too easily and he uses force too much. Near, on the other hand, is much cuter xd and he uses logic. Maybe the two of them are on the same level of intelligence, but Near goes about using it much more effectively, making him seem (and therefore, be) more intelligent than Mello.  

IvyStarling

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:21 pm
Although I do not like Near very much, I can say that due to that fact that he remains level headed, and does not endulge his emotions like Mello, he may be the one who shows his intellgence the most. But Mello does not lack either. In my opinion he just seems prone to anger which hinders him from the level of intellegence that Near is capable of.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:47 pm
obviesly Near is because he was SUPPOSED to be the succsersor of L...that was until stupid Light became the 2nd L  

iAkatsuki_tentacle_rapist

Lonerdoom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 am
I would say near is but Mellow is just as clever its just Mellow let his emotion get in the way of this reasoning and thinking power making him 2nd to Near.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:51 pm
Hmm...I guess I would say that they both a little equal. They are smart on different levels. Like one is smart in one area, where the other isnt or might not be. Though to be honest Near might be a little smarter...After all, I heard he is L's choice of who to take control after L would leave this world.  

iAmu-chi

KTCap

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:37 am
they are pretty equalSPOILERnear is more intelligent xD or so it says in book 13 but he would be nothing without mello's help... mello was too obsessed with beating near an i think that kinda got in his way.. near had the SPK while mello had the mafia then mello killed most of the people in spk and near had 4 persons left including himself but when the whole mafia died who did mello have? matt, but even though matt is third it doesnt change the fact that they were only 2  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:25 pm
so3mpty
they are pretty equalSPOILERnear is more intelligent xD or so it says in book 13 but he would be nothing without mello's help... mello was too obsessed with beating near an i think that kinda got in his way.. near had the SPK while mello had the mafia then mello killed most of the people in spk and near had 4 persons left including himself but when the whole mafia died who did mello have? matt, but even though matt is third it doesnt change the fact that they were only 2

Yes but book 13 isn't completely reliable. In the manga Light says something along the lines of Near not being as intelligent as L but while looking at the charts in 13, Near is smarter. Although you're right. If going by book 13 Near is.

I still hold my opinion though. Mello simply allows his emotion to cloud his judgment. He is every bit as intelligent as Near.  

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

Hel_LokisDaughter

7,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 am
i think that Mello and Near are pretty much equals when it comes to levels of intelligence. It's just that Near can be objective. Mello can't seem to detach himself from such things.  
Death Note Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff