Welcome to Gaia! ::

100 Days of Art Event

Back to Guilds

This is a self-improving event for ARTISTS! 

Tags: 100days, Drawing, creative, Improve, Event 

Reply 100 Days Event (2018)
checkeredbow Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm
Day # 45
Theme: Comic Book

User Image

Comments: Superhero/villain characters for a comic I'm going to get around to drawing one day.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:19 pm
Day # 46
Theme: Sorrow

User Image

Comments: He knew she was waiting, but his feet wasn't moving. It was only one block further, then two, then three, then he realized his feet were taking him back home.

He stopped and waited, watching as the seconds ticked by with the hands of his watch. He wouldn't forgive himself if he went home and left her waiting the night away, but he wasn't able to make himself walk up to her either. So the seconds tick away, each minute wasted by his indecisiveness.

He wasn't afraid of telling her the truth, nor was he afraid of her reaction. He was afraid... because if he told her how he truly felt, for the first time since they put the timer on him, he was afraid of running out of time.  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 pm
Day # 47
Theme: Pig, Cloud Nine

User Image

Comments: my mom wanted me to draw something for a shower curtain... so i killed two birds with one stone.

not really cloud nine, but mini deadpool over there just might be when he gets flying bacon.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 am
Day # 48
Theme: Spider
User Image

Comments: i tried to make some cute pokemon spiders (spinarak and ariados) sadly, it did not turn out that way...

also worked on hokkigai's request:

User Image  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:00 pm
Day # 49
Theme: Adorable Fantasy Creature

User Image

Comments: i've discovered i'm pretty bad at designing fantasy creatures.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Day # 50
Theme: Finish/improve an earlier work from this event,Art Collector's Requests

User Image

Comments: almost done, the coloring the bouquet will be for another day. may i never color lace again -.-;  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:45 pm
Day # 51
Theme: Fireflies

The first time they met, no matter how much he pleaded with his hands, he got a punch in the face.

Honestly, he was lucky to get away with just that much.

The other kids were beat much, much worse.

When they finally meet outside of school, she had taken up the name Button Girl and he was Toy Soldier, at a pit stop from his journey to stop Sear from self-destructing, and they were fighting over Button Eyes. Button Girl had perished in a fight two months ago and Button Eyes was on the verge of falling apart again when Toy Soldier approached her. (He had jokingly flirted with her, which freaked her out, and freaked her out even more when she discovered his age.

"What do you mean you're fourteen??!? You're like six feet tall!"

"Oh," he laughed sheepishly as he stepped out of his boots and showed her the soles, "I added about five inches with wood here. But I think I'll stop, it's actually pretty exhausting to run around like this." And not worth the joke, but he didn't say that out loud. Button Eyes was freaking out enough over the fact that a fourteen year old had been hitting on her.)

He stayed with Button Eyes for a month and a half, hunting down a common lead that he believed would bring him closer to Sear, and Button Eyes needed someone by her side to make sure she didn't do something stupid.

So when Button Girl, Button Eyes' first sidekick, crawled back out from the depths of hell, she wasn't happy. "Who are you?" she demanded.

"Toy Soldier," he recognized her right away, but she didn't. She was famous at school. He was another pebble she kicked around, and to top it off, he had a helmet that covered most of his face, new powers, and a voice. She still had the same powers and just a thin domino mask over her eyes.

Then, she promptly punched him in the face again and Button Eyes scrambled to contain her fury. ...That was her problem, that endless fury...

Even with all the fights she picked with him, he didn't give up. He hung around, laughed, and eventually started defending himself. They were a trio, for the time being.

...He couldn't bring himself to tell the them.

He didn't know when it started happening, but Button Girl stopped trying to break his jaw every time she saw him, but he realized it on a summer night when Button Eyes had a late class and couldn't patrol with them.

"Fireflies!" he exclaimed as they looked down into the park from the edge of a roof.

"Hm," Button Girl wasn't interested and continued to stare down at the street, ready for a fight that the city was always ready to bring.

We've been here ten minutes and she hasn't fought with me, he realized. Then, he thought about it and last week they patrolled together, they didn't fight either. Nor the week before that. Before that, he couldn't remember.

The realization brought a grin to his face as he faced her, "You've been in a good mood recently."

"What," it wasn't a question.

"What happened? Is it a guy?" he expected her to punch him now for such a suggestion, but she just turned away.

"It is a guy??"

"If you don't shut up, I will punch you."

Toy Soldier laughed, "Alright, alright." He was quiet for a moment before he had the idea, "Hey, want to catch fireflies?"

"Catch fireflies?" she repeated, "Why would I want to do that? We're supposed to be keeping a lookout and starting patrol soon."

"Aww, it's a nice summer night. Why don't we enjoy it?" he didn't let her answer and leaped off the building, coming to a easy land on the ground, repelling the ground ever so slightly as he landed.

"Tch," Button Girl followed him, landing not so gracefully in a clang of metal next to him, "I don't see why you want to catch a bunch of bugs."

"Have you never caught fireflies before?"

"I was four," she said, "I don't remember much from before the academy."

The two of them were silent for a moment, it was as though the academy was all either one of them could remember. "Then, let's do it now," he gave her another smile and started into the park. He barely heard her soft footsteps follow, she had learned all the skills of the trade from Button Eyes' master after her little trip into Hell.

"Okay, watch the master," he snuck towards a tiny speck of light and reached out to clasp it in his hands-- just missed! It flew away and--

Wham!

"Ouch!" he fell right onto the ground after his overambitious jump.

"Ahahaha!" Button Girl burst out laughing behind him and Toy Soldier had never heard her laugh so earnestly, "Watch the Master, huh?!" She shook her head and walked up to him, "Maybe you should learn a thing or two about catching bugs from me!" Her feet were light again as she snuck up to a speck of light and she held both hands wide open.

"Wait--" Toy Soldier realized what she was about to do and he knew it won't end well.

SMACK!

"Oh! EWW! EWWWWW!" Button Girl shrieked at the goopy squashed bug in her hands.

"PFfff--"

"Are you laughing at me?!" she growled as she turned to face him.

"Nope! Nope! Not at all!" Toy Soldier said as he got up and brushed dirt off himself, all with a large grin on his face.

"You--" her arms sprang up-- and that's his cue to run!

"Oh, hey! Shouldn't we be patrolling?" Toy Soldier laughed as he dashed down the path.

"Get back hereee!!"

The two of them ran through the park, surrounded by little glowing balls of light. Tonight was one night where they didn't have to worry about the past catching up to them or the future shrinking away from their reach.

Comments: today felt like a writing kind of day. (1009 words)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:13 pm
Day # 52
Theme: Potato

User Image

Comments: i potato-fied my avi.
which was shockingly cute.  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 4:41 pm
Day # 53
Theme: Spirit Challenge, Part 1: Dress-Up, Vampire

User Image

Comments: This is Peter Pendragon, he's a vampire. He's a detective by day and a vigilante at night. Outside of either uniform, I imagine he likes wearing comfortable clothes, just a year or two off from what's trendy now. He's 26, but is 5' 1/4" so he always gets carded at the bar. He's got a very high IQ and is an upbeat person, always has a pep in his step no matter how grisly his job gets, but... is that all an act...?

A lot of things: I can't draw feet, why did he end up looking so ripped??, I can't tell if his boxers are too short...??, how do leg muscles muscle??, I semi-realistic his abs, but I can never tell if they look okay  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:59 am
Day # 54
Theme: Spirit Challenge, Part 2: Dress-Up

User Image

User Image

User Image

Comments: i was going to do more, but I'm not feeling my bestest and brightest today... =.=; I hope everyone likes their outfits!

PLEASE do not respond in here, Art Collector!
Go to the main thread to quote this artist~

@ mythological irony ✿ Thank you for the collaboration!
@ Ako-sama ✿ Thank you for the collaboration!
@ Kikio-San ✿ Thank you for the collaboration!  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:19 pm
Day # 55
Theme: Create a thread layout

CLICKY ME.

Comments: it's a roleplay thread that'll never happen. i guess...i put a moderate? effort into it? i did borrow some of my old ideas ~.~ i hope that's okay, i still typed up all of the code today... and i mean, i had like four hours to do this gonk i have too many chores to spend all day on it! cut me some slack! the other roleplays in that thread had at least 8 hours put on it over the course of several days!

these are words meant for myself really, cause i have a burning need to justify to my own self this is okay orz  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:57 pm
Day # 56
Theme: Art Collector's Requests

User Image

Comments:  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:23 pm
Day # 57
Theme: (Jumanji: Welcome to the) Jungle

User Image

Comments: i started this way too late q.q i'll have to redraw another time. this is practically a thumbnail sketch with all the inaccuracies in it...  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:30 pm
Day # 58
Theme: Monster Under The Bed, Moon, Youth

User Image

Comments: from a webcomic of mine about a teddy bear whose "master" gets kidnapped into the world of nightmares, to save her, he teams up with a bogeyboyman. ...i never got around to finishing the story, or even really get into it. someday though... xD  

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

checkeredbow

IRL Loser

13,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:31 pm
b]Day # 59
Theme: Monochrome Pink

User Image

Comments: to be fair, i used some pretty pale oranges and purple/fuchsias too... but, hey, many types of pinks, right? i spent too much time on this...! there goes my snow day!  
100 Days Event (2018)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff