Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Past Events Archive
[Halloween ORP] Fall Festival 2016 [Close p. 12] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:42 am
Character’s name: Odessa Nimue
Appearance: Short, slender and pale. Her rather delicate features are dwarfed by a mop of bright red curls that she can't seem to contain. In order to offset her hair, she generally wears single, solid colour outfits, usually black.
Personality Traits:
Creative
Compassionate
Hasty
Forgetful

The Space Cauldron

Company or Business Name: Floral Frights

Merchandise: Fall-themed floral arrangements, including a live bouquet making service
Appearance: The back of the stall is stocked with premade arrangements, including loads of centerpieces made out of pumpkins. The front of the stall is a work bench, with greenery and flowers in large buckets, for the bouquet making service. Around the edge of the stall there's a garland of berries and blossoms, that taller patrons may need to duck under.
Are They Participating in the IC Raffle? A free custom bouquet
Player’s Username: Ellanoire
The Space Cauldron

Odessa wiped her forehead with a rag as she finished the final pumpkin centerpiece. That the rag wasn't totally clean did not seem to bother the girl, it left a faint smear across her forehead. She smiled down at her creation, a small pumpkin hollowed out and then refilled with blossoms and berry springs. This one was purpley hydrangeas with bright red blueberry branches. Very pretty, in her opinion. She turned to set it on the shelving at the back of her booth. She had to stand on her tippytoes to reach the only barren spot. Perhaps she should have brought a stepladder. Oh well, hindsight was always twenty-twenty.

Satisfied that she had placed the centrepiece in an appealing manner, she returned to the front table, which was loaded with buckets stuffed with flower stems, branches and all manner of fall floral goodies. She'd only just moved to the city, and had heard about applications for the fair just in the nick of time. Odessa loved markets and fairs, and was thrilled that Destiny City seemed to have a similar opinion of them. Now just to cross her fingers and hope that business would be brisk. It wasn't as if florals had a long shelf life and she could just put them in storage until the next event.

She eagerly watched the passing crowds, with her fingers crossed beneath the prep table. As she'd learned in the past, it really only took on person walking around with a bouquet or centrepiece and then others wanted on too.

Quote:
Very happy to interact with anyone!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:10 pm
Jocelin
Since she'd decided to come into town at a good time she and Regi had decided to go to the city festival. She'd always loved fall and everything had been quite lately. At least according to Regina. So hopefully, they had as many fingers crossed as they could, nothing odd would happen and they could just enjoy the day.

Which would have gone over well if she hadn't lost Regina somewhere. She knew it had been back toward the vendors selling soap but she couldn't find her now. Which probably meant that somewhere Regi had gone off looking for her while she'd gone looking for the red-head. Neither of which was working and so far Regina hadn't answered her text which probably meant her friend couldn't hear her phone. There was enough ambient noise she couldn't really blame her for that.

Huffing quietly she paused near a few stalls selling soap, lotion and the like to figure out if she should keep looking or just trust that Regina would look at her phone eventually.

Skye Starrfyre
Text to Regina
I think I lost you somewhere. Wasn't kidnapped XD Let me know where you are!

Quote:
Open for other interaction as well!

Grymoire

Dapper Lunatic

Stump_Fairy

Magical Girl

24,765 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:04 pm
"Costume? No I'm wearing one of my usual casual outfits." Casual she says when her casual outfits are not as casual as people would think. Evren blinked and looked around a bit more. "Um well I'm sitting on a bench and my hair is up in buns today?" Evren said over the phone not being much more helpful.

Kitomyx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:01 pm
Xanthus Goldman
His immediate response to the suggestion of 'pumpkin pie' was to almost be surly and note that he could make that, but then Lena's hip banged into the chair handle, and he had to imagine that smarted like a b*****d, and that was enough to derail his urge to snap and wince at her discomfort. If he could have kicked himself over the way he was acting he would have, but the more he had to sit in this thing the more he felt...

What the hell was it exactly? Trapped?

"Ooh, are you ok? Those things don't have enough padding for that s**t." He sympathized. "Pie sounds good if they've got it. Are they going by the slice or did you want to take some back later?"

Sirene Naiads
Lena

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:12 pm
Michael Kidder

"Green Conure." He corrected, in so far as you wouldn't necessarily know unless you'd met him. "Rescue Bird, I've had her for a couple years, she's about middle age for a Conure but..." He pushed back his hair to indicate the scared section on his ear where she'd ripped out a piercing. "Trust me I am entirely familiar with the biting. Comes with the territory. Goddamn fantastic way to remind people they aren't frikin' Canary's though. I mean honestly they're smart, social birds... shouldn't be pets at all, but at least I can make sure she's ok since she is."

As far as why anyone would put up with him, personally though... "Probably just habit. We met in school because of a relative of his, otherwise we weren't in the right grades to be in each others social spheres. He'll totally wear 'em. I'd wear em to screw with people but he'd wear 'em because he does not give a damn about the reasons other people won't. He's not hung up on the dumb stuff."

Lucas might have been the one to spend jail time but he was the better man, Kidder was pretty sure.

Kitomyx
Jack Burnett

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:16 pm
Amigar - [x]
-
Amigar was beyond excited as she walked into the festival. The night was approaching and the moon seemed to be the only thing glistening in the sky. It was almost like the stars were saying take your haunted night and show your light to the fullest. After all it is the time the dead come out to play, or at least people dressed as the walking dead. She shined so brightly as she continued to walk. It was after all her favorite holiday. What wasn't to love. She could dress up in a cute costume and not be called weird. She thought in mind as she looked around at all the people in their different costumes and with there different friends and families.

This year she walked alone, but it wasn't all in vain since her mom actually got her a super cute umbreon outfit she could wear. Right before her and her father left for a baking event in France. It even had some ears and a tail she could swing around. Plus it was super cute. and who knew maybe she wouldn't even be alone the whole event. Strange things always did seem to happen to her.

"Maybe I could find some cute things to decorate the house or the bakery with," she said aloud as she looked around for the booths. "Now just to find which way to go," she thought as she looked around confused like. She tapped her boots as she pondered and then decided to head towards the northern lights of the festival. "Here goes nothing," she whispered under her breath with a gulp.

As she walked in that direction she noticed what looked like some beautiful center pieces - that was just what her house and bakery needed. So she quickly headed over to the table to inspect what they had to offer.

Ellanoire
Heading/looking at you table. ^_^

Sabrina - [x]

Sabrina Luna was super happy to hear about the festival at school. All of the kids were talking about it. Now of course her father didn't know the exact specifics of where she was. Just knew that there was event all the kids were going too and he had to be at work. For if he had found out even in the slightest he would have been so over protective of her. He also would have had her wearing probably a huge puffy jacket. When she was perfectly happy with her red/black arm and leg warmers and her plan black dress her dad bought for her last Christmas. Oh and of course her mothers pendant on her neck - which never left. Now she knew the family rules and promised to keep in touch over the phone he gave her. That he even put a bat sparkly bat on the front just so she wouldn't lose it.

As soon as she entered the festival lights she quickly pulled her phone out - of her one dress pocket and texted her dad "All good! Just got here. Talk to you later Dad. Love ya. <3" Before she put the phone away she texted on her gps just in case anything happened, since she knew from all the crime shows she watched that the gps was what help find a lot of people that were once missing. Or at least getting them on the right path to find them.

Now it was time for her adventure to begin. As she raced towards the sight of the festival games. She was determined to find bobbing for apples or bean bag toss. Two of her favorite games of all time.

Demetrius Bell - [x]

Deme wasn't really sure how he had ended up here. It seemed like his night started out as a walk to look at the stars. Yet here he was at the entrance to the festival. A halloween festival at that. The last place anyone would probably expect to find him.

He leisurely walked into the event and slow cruised past all the booths. Looking at what they offered and who happened to pass by. since maybe he'd actually know someone here or find someone who might need some help.

He saw center pieces to people dressed as zombies. So far nothing that really interested him. Though then again maybe he just wasn't looking close enough. "hmm," he whispered as he walked. And by whispering he totally forgot to watch where he was walking. So far he hadn't run into anyone but it was bound to happen. Since he was slightly zoning from all the late day exercise.

Quote:
ALL OPEN TO INTERACT. smile

chi honda

Adorable Dreamer

18,275 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:36 pm
Appearance: Short, slender and pale. Her rather delicate features are dwarfed by a mop of bright red curls that she can't seem to contain. In order to offset her hair, she generally wears single, solid colour outfits, usually black.
Personality Traits:
Creative
Compassionate
Hasty
Forgetful

Odessa

Odessa perked up from scrubbing an imaginary spot on her table with the dirty rag as Amigar approached. She shot the blonde a perky grin. "Wow, I love your costume! It's actually so cute!" She'd planned on wearing a costume, but much like the step ladder it had been left at home as she'd rushed out the door to make it here on time. ... Hind sight.

She pushed her unruly curls back from her face, looking her potential customer up and down."Could I interest you in a centrepiece? Or maybe a custom bouquet?" She gestured first to her shelves of filled pumpkins, then to her buckets of flowers. She pegged the girl as more of the centrepiece type. The bouquets seemed to be bought more by men or older women. At least in the past.

Still smiling, she crossed the fingers of one hand under the table. All it took was one sale to start everything off! I'm Odessa by the way. It's nice to meet you. Oh - and a centrepiece is only twelve dollars. Fair special!" She hoped her grin was inviting, and not bordering on demonic. While she was good at creating her floral pieces, she had always wondered exactly how good was at selling them.

chi honda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:01 pm
Luca Krantz

Though she was late to the party, Luca was happy that there was any party happening at all. It felt like all she had done recently was bounce between school and her planet, and this festival was certainly a welcome change of pace. It was good to see people making merry and enjoying the season and not crabbing about this or that mishap. She had learned to welcome any opportunity to relax that came. While her henshin pen was hiding in her purse, she was praying up and down that she wouldn't have to use it.

As she walked, Luca scanned the various vendors and their wares. A certain one made her stop dead in her tracks, for very many of her weaknesses were on display.

Plushies. Probably handmade plushies. Plushies all over the table and on boxes and... just... plushies.

Trying hard to suppress her inner squealing, Luca veritably bounced over to the table for Sean's Stuffies. "Hello there! Did you make all of these?" She reached forward to sample the merchandise (well, feel the material), but thought better of it. It would be no good to damage the display goods, if they were indeed just the ones on display.

mewrose
Hope you don't mind someone coming over~ What kind of plushies does Sean have at the table, exactly? That is, what are they of- animals, or some other things?

Saleh Fakhoury

Saleh felt like all he did was bounce between school and sucking up energy from Destiny City's populace. He wondered if he was low enough on the Negaverse's radar that he could take a week off and not run into any problems. (Quotas, right... he'd figure that out later.) Fortunately, an opportunity for some fun and relaxation arose in the form of the Halloween festival. He had no funny ideas of powering up here, and he hoped no one else did either.

None of the stalls caught his attention at first, but then one arbitrarily caught his eye: the flower arrangements. The colors of the flowers made a nice contrast to the orange and black that tended to proliferate around Halloween. He approached the stall, trying to look casual. "It's nice to see something that's not just orange and black around here," he said to the one running the stall. "You know how it goes. Pumpkins, pumpkins everywhere. Not to say that the pumpkins you've got here are bad, of course."

Ellanoire
Saleh is at the table~ Silly question, but what colors of flowers does Odessa have?

chi honda
Proximity, I think? Since Saleh is looking at this table too.

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Crew

Dragonslaying Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 pm
Myles couldn't help but laugh; he was positively glowing. He seemed to enjoy how much interest she had in the items he had out and he nodded eagerly. "You are too kind, the pleasure is all mine! There's some contact information--if you ever have special requests or something, or want to order anything specifically, just let me know!"

He made himself comfortable, rocking on his heels a bit. "I haven't had a chance to look around much. I've been at my stall after I set up, but when I got here, everyone was sort of still setting up. Have you seen anything really cool I should make sure to hit up before the festival closes tonight?"

shyanimegrl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:16 pm
Personality Traits:
Creative
Compassionate
Hasty
Forgetful

Odessa

Odessa's grin spread wider as Saleh approached. See-- it only took one person looking interested! She uncrossed her fingers, her luck had arrived. Listening to him speak, she nodded.

"Yeah, the whole orange and black thing can be a bit much. I like orange and purple better, anyhow!" She gestured to a pumpkin that was filled with chrysanthenmums and echinacea on the shelf. She'd been quite proud of how that one had come out. Very bright. She laughed at the pumpkins comment. It really was true. It seemed like almost every stall here had accessories with them, not that hers was exempt from that. "I at least like to imagine that pumpkin and floral centrepieces are a little bit different from the norm. At least I hope!"

Sami-Fire
Good question, really! She has hydrangeas in purple, white, green and pink, chrysanthenmums in purple, pink, yellow, orange and white, echinacea (purple), sunflowers (...yellow) and dahlias in white, orange, red and yellow. Plus assorted greenery/leafy bits.

chi honda
Booth happenings!

Ellanoire

Sugary Nymph

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:29 pm
When Destiny City wanted to have a good time, they had a good time. The staff seemed to be keeping everything well under control, and even the police officers meandering around seemed like they were at ease.

The only minor annoyance was the sound of construction that occasionally echoed through the festival between songs--and then, even over some of the louder songs. But all of that seemed like a very minor inconvenience.

Only, it was about to become a very major inconvenience.

The attendees probably couldn't hear the screams in the distance, over the blaring music. They probably wouldn't have been able to appreciate the sudden silence that came from the construction zone.

They probably couldn't even begin to imagine what had happened, only half a few blocks away from them.

But they would know, soon enough.

Though the sun hung low and clouds began to move into the area, it was too early to be getting dark. Strangely, though, a black shadow began to move over them.

The shadow couldn't have been clouds, that much was certain, but it was difficult to make out any details. The only thing that was certain was that the cloud seemed alive...and it was headed straight for them.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:08 pm
Sean
Sean smiled at the young woman who'd bounced over to look at his table. "Hello to you, too! Yup, I designed and hand-made every one of these," he answered.

When she reached for his plushies, then stopped partway through the motion, he told her, "Feel free to pick them up; they're made to be loved. I have younger siblings, so I make sure whatever I make can stand up to rough play." As the words left his mouth, he thought that actually sounded like a good segue to talk about the quality of his wares. That was also a quality he could demonstrate fairly easily. He looked over the tablefull of brightly-colored animals, then picked up a sky-blue dog. He shifted it to grab a leg in each hand, suggested, "Watch this," and yanked hard in opposite directions.

"See? The stitching holds firm," he told her, giving it a couple more tugs and a twist, for good measure. When he let go one leg, the dog hung by one paw, a little wrinkled where he;d grabbed it, but otherwise unharmed. He turned it right-side up and offered it to the young woman. "Take a look for yourself," he offered with a smile.

Sami-Fire
Sean has a variety of plush animals. A lot of dogs, cats and bears, but also other animals like dinos, dolphins, and ponies. If you're looking for any relatively common animal like a bunny, he probably has one somewhere.

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

LokisRose

Interstellar Cat

17,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:47 am
Character’s name: Thorn Kincaide
Company or Business Name: Dark Arts

Merchandise: Original paintings, mostly gothic or creepy-themed artworks. A few are framed, most are unframed canvases. Individually priced, though not expensive.
Appearance: A small table, a few chairs and an easel, draped in white cloth for a haunted-house vibe. Small paintings are on display on the table and larger ones propped on the easel and chairs. A second easel is set up further back, holding a work in progress. A small framed sign leans against a candelabra on the table, displaying the shop name and artist’s name.
Are They Participating in the IC Raffle? Nah, he’s just an amateur.
Player’s Username: LokisRose
The Space Cauldron

Thorn Kincaide

Shadowed between two larger booths, Thorn’s little dark corner had shaped up nicely. Draped white sheets turned a pair of elderly card tables into a ghostly display case, while similar coverings disguised some picnic chairs as the abandoned finery of a haunted house. The cast-iron candelabra, complete with dripping candles, completed the backdrop for the paintings he’d brought along to stock his festival stall. The table held the smaller canvases, and some bookmark-sized works on paper. The larger canvases, paintings he was more proud of, were arranged on the chairs, while his spare easel held a detailed still life of a skull and broken mirror, housed in an old wood picture frame he’d salvaged from a second-hand store.

It had cost a fair chunk of his savings for the booth space, but it was his own private gallery for the day. His paintings were getting more attention here from the passers-by than in any of the amateur exhibitions he entered. Even if he sold nothing at all, he’d consider the booth money well spent.

Perhaps best of all, he had a legitimate, unassailable reason to spend the whole day outside painting, soaking up the festival vibe as he worked. His brush moved feverishly over the fresh canvas, inspired by the parade of costumes as the festival-goers wandered by.

Gigi Gennaro

It’s going to go badly, thought Gigi, as her tiny cousin towed her through the rides section of the festival, oblivious to the potential danger they were in just being here. The last time Gigi had been to a funfair had not been for fun. The last time she’d gone to a city-run party, it had ended up evacuated. She knew better, she knew something would go wrong, someone would try something.

But Kirra was just so happy. Despite her very valid worries, she couldn’t help but be caught up in the ten-year-old’s excitement. Against her better judgement, years of exposure to the terrorist underground of her home town, Gigi found herself relaxing, actually having fun. The weather was good, the rides were plentiful, and her cousin’s happy giggling was infectious.

Maybe. Maybe it was okay to hope that this time the Negaverse would just stay in for the holiday.

Kirra Morrow

Kirra bounced from ride to game to ride, her face a beacon of joy. This was only her very second American Halloween, and the first one with a whole festival to explore. Last year, her first Halloween, she’d gone out trick-or-treating with her school friends, door to door around the neighbours’ houses, like on TV. There was always Halloween on TV, and it always looked like so much fun, but when she lived in Australia nobody really celebrated it. Like, maybe there were a few decorations in the shops, and once her friend had a party with bats and eyeballs, but American Halloween was way way bigger and better than that. Literally everyone dressed up, even grown-ups, and all the stalls were giving away lollies and chocolate. It was perfect!

Except that most American chocolate tasted yuck. That was a lesson she’d learned last year as well. She didn’t understand it, how could they mess up chocolate? But! Toffee apples were a magical creation of awesome! She’d been begging Gigi for one since they walked through the gates, and upon spotting yet another stall displaying the delicious treats, she pulled on her cousin’s arm again, insistent. Sooner or later, she had to give in!

Can I have a toffee apple?” she pleaded for like the hundredth time. “They’re healthy, Gigi! They’re fruit!”

“It will take you hours to eat it. You won’t be able to go on any more rides.”

“But I want one! Pleeease!”

“I’ll get you one on the way out,” said Gigi.

Kirra pouted, blowing out her lower lip in exaggerated disappointment. But she was wearing her cousin down, she knew it. She was so close!

Something else caught her eye, and she changed direction for the moment to investigate one of the other stalls. “Look, a ring toss! Let’s play, come on!”  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:15 am
Character’s name: Leonora Shoup
Company or Business Name: Starlight Jewelry - Personally owned and only does things sometimes :3

Merchandise: Hand-made Jewelry!
Appearance: Small booth with a small table. She has some pendants hanging on ribbon or leather necklaces. She also has some neck mannequins that have some fancier pendants. There's also some displays with bracelets hanging. On the table lies a cushion with some brooches. Everything is autumn or halloween themed.
Are They Participating in the IC Raffle? Yes! A handmade wire brooch! Something like this!
Player’s Username: ATh e a r t
The Space Cauldron

It had been a while since Leonora sold any of her wares, but when she found out about the festival, she had pre-planned and made an exceptional amount of autumn themed pieces. She wasn't sure how well they would sell, but it was fun to make and they'd make good presents for Christmas anyways.

She had little signs made and taped to the areas depending on the price. Piece that had a little bit of wire work was cheap, $10-15. The detailed and larger pieces were listed at $40-50. Leonora had works in between that, but she knew she was more than willing to haggle if people were really interested in purchasing something!

Leonora was lightly bundled up, but she was enjoying the day. It was a good change from the hot days of summer and the chilliness of her days inside at work without a jacket. The day seemed to grow a bit darker, but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves too much for her mood to be dragged down.

Quote:
Open for interactions if anyone's interested ;w; <3

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:36 am
Camilla wasn't sure what she was doing out there today. She had been interested in seeing what they had to sell, but there was also no desire for her to be outside. It was a bit cold and all she wanted was to be in the warmth of her own bed. As the days grew colder, Camilla grew to be a bit grumpier. No matter how much clothes she put on, she always felt chilled. She felt a gust of wind and shivered slightly. It was good that she had moved in her plants weeks before. Her parents were not too pleased about having it inside, but it's not like she had many places to put it.

She wandered from booth to booth and tried to decide what she wanted to buy today. There were some with food. Others with things that they appeared to have made like stuffed animals and jewelry. Surprisingly, even books! Camilla hadn't done much recreational reading since she started college, but.. Maybe she should? Then again she had that fear of getting too invested in a book and not reading what she should be reading for school. There was an art one that looked interesting, but the artwork was probably too dark for her parents to display.

Eventually, Camilla made her way to a stand that was selling things with different scents. She had no interest in the soaps and candles, but the perfumes caught her eye. She gave a small smile to the person running the stand and started to pick up and try to smell the different bottles.

Kyuseisha no Hikari

Past Events Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces