Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
"Non mihi, non tibi, sed nobis." (OOC) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Interested in joining this fantabulous roleplay?
  OH YEAH!!!!!
  OH NO!!!!!
  OH MAYBE!!!!!
View Results

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:19 pm
Nice profile start, Hatter.

I think that between 2020 and 2060 is a good time point.
As for Mech's, I think that if we have them, they should be in experimental stages and working models will be highly expensive and rare. But I still wouldn't mind having them.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:50 pm
Lord Sithious
I know this is off topic, but one of the most important events in modern history has just happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FALLOUT 4 WAS ANNOUNCED!!!!!!!!!

Now to go rob a bank! It's about time I got around to buying a proper gaming PC! xd

Apparently not even nuclear war can sink Old Ironsides. Going to miss the Mojave though.

I'm good with a slightly later date in order to provide for smoother robotics tech, including prototype walkers.

Back to writing I go.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:52 pm
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
So, basically thinking the Gundam Wing soundtrack may become this roleplay's official soundtrack. blaugh Speaking of that...

Mechs folks. Yay or nay? I'm relatively neutral on it, I just LOVE the look of the Leo Mobile Suits!

Yes. Just, YES. I feel sorry for Leos who were victims of the stock-footage replays... *plays the soundtrack anyways*

Lord Sithious
I know this is off topic, but one of the most important events in modern history has just happened!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to go rob a bank! It's about time I got around to buying a proper gaming PC! xd

AND ALSO YES. Finally I don't have to worry about legionaries or walking across an open desert. (Fallout 3 won't play on steam)

xd Well I'm glad you like it! I'll keep the idea open to debate still, just so we get the best of both worlds here, but I would love to see some Leos charging in for an attack! Yeah, tis a shame about the stock footage, but at least most of it was good! xp

I'm quite excited for it too, ESPECIALLY that blimp thing! If you can't fly it vanilla game, then some modders NEED to make it a controllable vehicle! XD I've heard that about Fallout 3 before as well. If that's true, I'm thinking I best check around for a copy of it on PC.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:04 am
Xelyn_X13

As for Mech's, I think that if we have them, they should be in experimental stages and working models will be highly expensive and rare. But I still wouldn't mind having them.

I'm still debating all the merits mechs would have in combat. I agree that limiting their supply is a good idea though. I'll put it in terms of "the number of mechs will be similar to or less than the number of nukes in the world". XD I'm guessing that two decent pros to mechs (like the ones in Gundam) would be maneuverability and the sort of flexibility they would have with combat (ie. they can fire calibers of guns mostly only tanks or maybe helicopters could have, but with the ability to look in a wider range of directions, and if made well, possibly more quickly than a tank or chopper too).

The year I'm still debating on, but I'm thinking maybe 2040 or 2050, since 2020 and 2030 won't have quite this kind of tech available yet.

But if everyone is okay with mechs, I can add them, but they won't be quite as flexible as the actual Gundams from Gundam Wing, they'll be much closer to he mobile suits. But that shouldn't make them any less terrifying! xd  

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:08 am
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious

Apparently not even nuclear war can sink Old Ironsides. Going to miss the Mojave though.

I'm good with a slightly later date in order to provide for smoother robotics tech, including prototype walkers.

Back to writing I go.

Being not American myself, I had to google a few things I saw in the video the figure out where it was. The obelisk was the first thing that gave it away, and then looking up Boston, I saw the golden domed building too. So, turns out it was in Boston all along! rofl

Sounds good! As long as everyone is on board with this, this seems to be what I shall go with! And before this story is over, I just know I'm going to end up screaming "TREEEEEEEEIZE!!!!!!!" (He was mah favorite! 4laugh )

Sounds good! Well let me know what you come up with when you have a chance!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:10 am
Lord Sithious
Xelyn_X13

I'm still debating all the merits mechs would have in combat. I agree that limiting their supply is a good idea though. I'll put it in terms of "the number of mechs will be similar to or less than the number of nukes in the world". XD I'm guessing that two decent pros to mechs (like the ones in Gundam) would be maneuverability and the sort of flexibility they would have with combat (ie. they can fire calibers of guns mostly only tanks or maybe helicopters could have, but with the ability to look in a wider range of directions, and if made well, possibly more quickly than a tank or chopper too).

The year I'm still debating on, but I'm thinking maybe 2040 or 2050, since 2020 and 2030 won't have quite this kind of tech available yet.

But if everyone is okay with mechs, I can add them, but they won't be quite as flexible as the actual Gundams from Gundam Wing, they'll be much closer to he mobile suits. But that shouldn't make them any less terrifying! xd

If we do add mechs, I vote we don't have them mobile - suit style. Realistically I doubt the world would go there as something smaller and cheaper would be more practical. Probably the more armored - exo suit or legged tank would work best for the infancy stage of mechs. Just my opinion though.  

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:13 am
Phoenix347
Lord Sithious
Xelyn_X13

If we do add mechs, I vote we don't have them mobile - suit style. Realistically I doubt the world would go there as something smaller and cheaper would be more practical. Probably the more armored - exo suit or legged tank would work best for the infancy stage of mechs. Just my opinion though.

You make a fair point, I'll keep that in mind. You'll have to forgive me for my love of the Leo's, I just find them so wonderful looking, it touches on a part of my childhood! xp But we can all sort out how we feel on that and come to a consensus.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:23 am
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious

Back to writing I go.

Being not American myself, I had to google a few things I saw in the video the figure out where it was. The obelisk was the first thing that gave it away, and then looking up Boston, I saw the golden domed building too. So, turns out it was in Boston all along! rofl

Sounds good! As long as everyone is on board with this, this seems to be what I shall go with! And before this story is over, I just know I'm going to end up screaming "TREEEEEEEEIZE!!!!!!!" (He was mah favorite! 4laugh )

Updated a few things, dunno what the powers section is for, or what it could be used for though.

Boston's a great city, and they managed to fit a bunch of landmarks in the trailer. The Paul Revere Monument, the USS Constitution (aka Old Ironsides, aka the older commissioned naval vessel afloat), Bunker Hill Memorial, Fenway Park, Scollay Square, Old North Church, and the Statehouse. Plus MIT is supposed to be important.

HYPE THRUSTERS AT FULL THROTTLE.  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:32 am
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious
The_Sane_Hatter
Lord Sithious

Back to writing I go.

Updated a few things, dunno what the powers section is for, or what it could be used for though.

Boston's a great city, and they managed to fit a bunch of landmarks in the trailer. The Paul Revere Monument, the USS Constitution (aka Old Ironsides, aka the older commissioned naval vessel afloat), Bunker Hill Memorial, Fenway Park, Scollay Square, Old North Church, and the Statehouse. Plus MIT is supposed to be important.

HYPE THRUSTERS AT FULL THROTTLE.

Powers may or may not stay, depending on everyone's feelings. I was thinking like magic/mutant powers, but it obviously isn't along he lines of realism, unless we did something with cybernetics and/or genetic modification.

Yeah, I didn't think much of Boston before (I assumed it might be boring since I haven't seen much of it), but Bethesda has REALLY sold me on the idea that it'll be an awesome place to destroy! I mean explore! Explore! Seriously, I swear, Megaton wasn't my fault, REALLY!

Indeedy! Though I must say, I REALLY hope they include vehicle usage in some way, even if it's just Vertibirds and the blimp. It's not like I care about how fast I get around, I just really wanna recreate Apocalypse Now!!!! twisted  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:40 pm
How are things advancing with this idea? Any progress?  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Phoenix347

Angelic Scrounger

5,875 Points
  • Skill Up 50
  • Vanquished Angel 50
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:48 pm
Xelyn_X13
How are things advancing with this idea? Any progress?
We're making progress.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:49 pm
That's good to hear.  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:00 am
Xelyn_X13
That's good to hear.

Yes, I'm just hoping some others who're interested will chime in opinions, but if not, I may just start laying the ground work for the roleplay. I admit, I have been kind of dragging my feet, waiting to hear more chatter, but I guess everyone just wants to jump right in, and fair enough, so do I.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:38 am
I'm just having a hard time coming up with any ideas lately, related to this or not. Normally I would be all for creating something and throwing ideas up in the air, but my brain is just mush right now and probably will be for at least another month or two. Personal issues suck.  

Xelyn Craft

Anxious Trash

Lord Sithious

Dangerous Businessman

7,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:22 pm
Xelyn_X13
I'm just having a hard time coming up with any ideas lately, related to this or not. Normally I would be all for creating something and throwing ideas up in the air, but my brain is just mush right now and probably will be for at least another month or two. Personal issues suck.

Ah, fair enough. Well don't worry, given time and enough effort, I can pull everything together. Plus, I've got some old ideas to run off of from my other roleplay like this, and maybe a few others too. I'll see about getting everything pulled together tonight, but I have some homework that MUST be finished first, so I'll do that and see where I end up.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff