Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Arranged Randomly OOC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Destitute Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:53 pm
Yuiki Kiryu
Dear god I go away to celebrate my sister's birthday and you guys already fill up like three new pages.. Slow down, please? I'm so damn lost now and I'm just feeling extremely discouraged.. I wanna stick in with this RP.. And I come back from the fun-ness to see 25+ notices, with almost all of them from this darn RP.. Wow.. So like uhh.. Because of that I'll try to post but it may be lost or something.. A quick summery or something, please?

Aura_Anoushka

KamiGearX

Dissected Princess

DeathAngelLe

GrayEnvy

Shifting Fool

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Angel-Kami-Sama

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

shabatha

No Smoking Period

Hello Yuiki! ^.^ Here's what's going on:

Since the doors opened, everyone entered to go have dinner in the dining hall. A few stray pairs of royals went up to dance the waltz while the others ate and carried on their own individual conversations. Also, Madeline broke a bottle of ale while pouring some for Darian, just pointing that out because it caused a kind of distraction in everyone's conversation. Darian left to change into some armor.

Meanwhile, Alexander had the idea of playing the flute to an upbeat tune with the magical instruments that play themselves as a change of pace, and almost everyone is on the floor dancing with one another, except for Arlette and Darian (Who are holding a conversation), Leon and Shayna (Who are trying to figure out what to do next), and Armel and Xia (She is seeing if he is willing to dance). With that, everything is about up to speed! : )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:54 pm
I agree. Since the time skip on page thirteen, I've literally only posted twice, and now there are eighteen pages. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are almost nineteen.

I realize that having such long posts, which has a lot to do with the pictures and such, take up more room. Thus, it fills up pages faster. But everyone ends up breaking off into little groups and replying to each other very quickly. It is encouraging to see so many people excited and interested in the RP, but it can be really hard to catch up for some. Maybe there is some way we could slow down, or find a compromise?

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Deathangelle

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

User 36706949

Sugary Phantom

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:58 pm
Dissected Princess
I agree. Since the time skip on page thirteen, I've literally only posted twice, and now there are eighteen pages. Actually, I'm pretty sure there are almost nineteen.

I realize that having such long posts, which has a lot to do with the pictures and such, take up more room. Thus, it fills up pages faster. But everyone ends up breaking off into little groups and replying to each other very quickly. It is encouraging to see so many people excited and interested in the RP, but it can be really hard to catch up for some. Maybe there is some way we could slow down, or find a compromise?

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Deathangelle

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

Actually the picture and length of the post don't make it so that there are less posts per page, it is set at fifteen per page regardless. Longer posts just make the page longer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:05 am
Duuuuuh, that makes sense. I'm sorry, I didn't know that. sweatdrop

Still, I stand by what I said. I think we can all find a way to fix the situation.

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Deathangelle

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

User 36706949

Sugary Phantom

deathangelle

Dangerous Lover

10,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bookworm 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:07 am
I think for now the people that haven't been posting could at the moment. The owner isn't on so not much could be done at the moment. Plus the people that have been posting constantly aren't on.

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Dissected Princess

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

(not counting me cause I'm done for the night)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:10 am
Dissected Princess
Duuuuuh, that makes sense. I'm sorry, I didn't know that. sweatdrop

Still, I stand by what I said. I think we can all find a way to fix the situation.

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Deathangelle

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

Not a big deal that you didn't know that, I assume most people aren't as odd as I am and going through pages counting to see if they all have the same number of posts. And on the topic of finding a way of slowing things down, the most effective way that I can think of is a post order, but those are horribly nasty little things that normally only end up causing an RP to die off faster than they should, otherwise we can only ask politely that people not run off with the plot.  

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100

ben9x

Quotable Saint

10,925 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:12 am
DeathAngelLe
I think for now the people that haven't been posting could at the moment. The owner isn't on so not much could be done at the moment. Plus the people that have been posting constantly aren't on.

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Dissected Princess

GrayEnvy

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

(not counting me cause I'm done for the night)

I was waiting on Yuiki in an attempt of not leaving her behind. I'll get a post up after she does.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:27 am
Thanks, guys. I'll post up as soon as I can. If I don't before I get off, that means I got just way too tired and went to sleep. Almost 1:30am for me, and school's coming back again soon, so I need to stop my extreme late-night online-ness.
But.. Yeah, we really should figure things out. I know RP's that have a nice steady start, but then things speed up way too fast, and ends up leaving many behind and then things just.. Well crash, from there. Lets not have that happen to this one.

Aura_Anoushka

KamiGearX

Dissected Princess

DeathAngelLe

GrayEnvy

Shifting Fool

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Angel-Kami-Sama

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

shabatha

No Smoking Period

Yuiki the Bone King

Obsessive Astronaut

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 am
Yuiki Kiryu

Aura_Anoushka

KamiGearX

Dissected Princess

DeathAngelLe

GrayEnvy

Shifting Fool

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Angel-Kami-Sama

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

shabatha

No Smoking Period

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the rapid posting yesterday - as I definitely took part in it. But I compeltely agree that things moved fast yesterday. I was on watching the posts come in live and it made it difficult for even me to get posts out in time.

So this is my request for everybody who is on more often than others, please keep the posting slower than yesterday. If you see that the same handful of characters posting for a whole page (yesterday we climbed 3 almost 4 pages!)then take others into consideration. However! If a rapid post session does happen, I will keep updates as to everybodies positions posted here.

TLDR: Slow down on posting but I will also post updates here before I sign off for the night for anybody not caught up.

Edit: We went up 4 almost 5 pages more than I thought  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:02 pm
GrayEnvy

On page eighteen and nineteen, something about your post layout seemed to stretch the pages. I don't know, maybe it's just me? Is anyone else having this problem? o:

Aura_Anoushka

Shifting Fool

KamiGearX

Deathangelle

Ivory_Coated_Stars

Ultimate Holly

ben9x

Yuiki Kiryu

Angel-Kami-Sama

shabatha

User 36706949

Sugary Phantom

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:08 pm
Dissected Princess

I'm waiting for you to post before I post with Aksha smile (unless I missed Nyx sit down?)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:20 pm
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. It's the excessive line that's dividing Gray's characters. Normally when the text goes beyond their limits, like in a Word Doc, or in these text boxes, they're supposed to fall down to the next line, but for some reason it's not doing it on that. Maybe delete some of the dashes? Or just make different posts. Sometimes it's easier that way.  

Yuiki the Bone King

Obsessive Astronaut

GrayEnvy
Crew

Tenacious Pie

14,565 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:53 am
Yuiki Kiryu

Dissected Princess

That's odd it's not doing that for me. >.> Interesting how some computers are like "Yeah that's fine" and others are like "No way get that outta here!" lol smile I won't put the line in anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:47 pm
GrayEnvy

Oh it's fine! I think it's only because we have smaller screen resolutions. I use a laptop, which normally don't have the biggest screens in the world, and sometimes the formatting can go off-page and all that. So no worries, really. :3  

Yuiki the Bone King

Obsessive Astronaut

Aura_Anoushka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:52 pm
Angel-Kami-Sama

Hey I'll post in a few more hours - sorry for the delay. I wasn't feeling well yesterday and have been busy most of today  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff