Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The (Main) Avery Family Manor Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:50 pm
User Image
xWendy Madeline Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx<4th Year>

Time: Summer of 2029
Dressed: In the colors of a stormy sea
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
Wendy didn't even bother to answer Vander who pointed out that at least he was informed to his face. She thought he was being melodramatic about the whole issue of the engagement. He figured it would be arranged eventually: what did a year or two either way really matter? Besides it was his parents' (more like his mother's) idea in the first place. She was leading the way through the main foyer and was opening one of the large window doors to the outside when he asked what she practiced, "Harp. Viola. My mother was apparently a fairly talented musician before she died: it was my father's idea for me to learn. I've been playing probably since about the time I could walk."

Her voice sounded detached as she explained and she opened the door, closing it behind them and continuing onto the grounds when Evander demanded where she was showing them. She stopped suddenly at his question and her hands tightened into a ball and she said, her back still to them, "I don't own the beach... or any of the manor..." She trailed off almost as if there was an implied hint that she'd do a great deal to make that not the case if she could. Her bitterness evident. However when he criticized her 'obsession with the water' she turned and smiled some shaking her head, and her tone taking on the hint of a girl talking about perhaps the love of her life or some great adventure or romance as she began, not exactly looking at Vander so much as past him lost in her own thoughts, "It really isn't an obsession with water. And there's nothing wrong with it... but in the water... there it is really a place of freedom and no connections. There, with the ocean, or a lake... it's just calm. No expectations. No fighting. Just freedom without the fear of falling ever. It's bliss..."

She paused, blushing suddenly and turning around, her voice turning cold, "You have no room to judge. There's far worse things to be interested in. And, no, I was figuring we could go to one of the pools here. I can't picture you actually the type to appreciate a beach properly ever."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:56 pm
My God, are we gonna be like our parents?
Not me, not ever, you can keep deceiving yourself.
It's unavoidable, it just happens.
When you grow up, your heart dies.
Walking out into the dark, into the dark...
Going on a different path led by a beating heart...
All the people of the town lash their eyes to the ground.
Forget matters to the heart; the night is all you have;
You ran into the night from all you had.

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᵗʰᶤʳᵈ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander snorted. "Well, I can't see what say he has in it now... But it's nice to know you have your hobbies." He was being vicious and he knew it, but her apathy was driving him up the wall. She'd at least been willing to go back and forth with him in writing, probably more so, he thought, than she was now. When she stopped he nearly collided with her back, swearing flagrantly under his breath and backing up, noticing that her hands were balled up. This was so rare he wondered if she was about to turn around and hit him. He almost wished she would, he'd been ready for a fight all summer, but knew she wouldn't. Even if he was horrific, he thought she'd probably just poison him rather than take aim with her fists or her wand.

"Of course you don't," he said snidely. "Why would you? But I seriously doubt the rest of them are down there sunning themselves." Why was she so bitter? Had she expected to be named heir? She always went on about how she accepted her place in life, made a huge point of it, in fact, and she was yearning to own the place someday? It didn't make sense to Vander.

He looked disturbed by her sudden smile and change in tone, wrinkling his nose and running a hand through his hair. "Yeah," he said slowly, almost enviously. "Okay." He didn't hate water or swimming or anything- he wasn't a bad swimmer, actually- but she had some... thing with it. It was her 'place'. He'd never had a 'place'. Everywhere he went in his house, even outside the house, he always felt like he was being watched, being judged, like he was never... No matter how many times his father seemed to approve of him, he never felt like he quite had it. He was never going to be ambitious enough, cunning enough, calculating enough... He was expected to be everything and he was none of it. It- it intimidated him a little. What did they all want from him?

He looked relieved but furious when her tone chilled over, sneering, "Oh, but apparently you have room to judge? You think you're so above me, because you're not upset about being sold off to the highest bidder? Because you're so dignified and proper and perfect? Get over yourself," he nearly spat out. "Just show me the bloody pool and we can pretend we're not judging every single move of each other the entire time." His eyes were icy for a moment before he looked at anything other than her.

OOC:
mc2

Found yourself a path upon the ground,
You ran into the night, you can't be found.
But this is your heart; can you feel it?
Their blood pumps through your veins.
Summer evening, breeze is blue-
Drawing voices deep from you.
On a different path, led by a beating heart,
What a year and what a night!
What terrifying final sight!
Put out your beating heart.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:48 pm
User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

She made a small shrug as Vander pointed out how her father had no say in her hobbies or raising. It was almost amusing that he thought she actually cared one way or another about it. Wendy had never been particularly attached to her father and honestly his crimes and the use of the killing curse in a duel against some mudblood was something that she felt no connection to one way or another. Perhaps she held some bitterness when she was younger but then she realized it wasn't like the man was all that involved in her life even when he was there. He was busy trying to make her some pretty little doll like her mother was, the spitting image of the woman, and really the Averys more or less continued the task. All Wendy got from him was the Chaisty's red hair and probably a knack for potions. That wasn't much.

However, when Evander started in on his criticism about not owning the beach and pointing out she was probably the only one down there sunning herself, she began to grow angry. The tipping point being when he sneered at her thinking she was above him for being 'sold to the highest bidder' and that she acted so dignified and proper. It was the truth that stung about it and then his cold glare at her. Wendy pressed her lips together before taking a long sigh, tossing her hair over her shoulder, and turning, leading the way, a short two minute walk around a wall covered with ivy and to one of the larger natural pools, looking the part of a perfect flawless pond that had sprung up without any faults, like much of the ground with its practiced and perfected wildness and untouched feeling.

Still not turning to face him, she slid off her flats. And then stepped towards the edge of the pool, pulled off the necklace she was wearing and sat it in one of her shoes and then slid off her gray dress revealing the bikini she wore underneath, usually donning a swimsuit under her clothes much of the summer anyways. Not turning until after she dived into the water and coming up again, turning to face him and easily keeping her head above water, her blue eyes narrowing at him waiting for a reaction as she watched him. She figured it wasn't worth settling into some verbal volley that she probably would lose. No, if she couldn't win with words-and she probably couldn't since Vander had years of being free to torment his siblings with them that she never had (and the freedom to say whatever)-she'd go for shock. Besides, the water was her domain. Raising a brow she said nothing before kicking back and going to floating on the water, her hands behind her head, as comfortable in the water as a mermaid (and she'd like to think one of the pretty ones of the Mediterranean and not what you would find in Scotland and Wales and England), after all no girl in her right mind would like to think herself hideous.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:49 am

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander realized with a growing sense of triumph that he'd actually managed to make her genuinely angry, not just irritated or exasperated with him, but furious. He watched with interest as she pressed her lips together then turned her back to him, flipping her hair over her shoulder. The next two minutes were so silent you could have heard a pin drop. He was waiting for her to actually say something, and thought maybe that was her plan. To just ignore him the rest of the time he was here. It would probably work. He hated being ignored. Vander came up short as he saw the natural pool. There was nothing like this at his home. He was impressed, but he wasn't about to show it, especially not when they were warring.

He was so busy he looking at it he didn't see what she was doing at first, but a flash of movement caught his eyes and he glanced sharply over at her as she started taking off her shoes, still refusing to look at him. He assumed she was just going to dip her feet in until she took off her necklace as well, and then his eyes widened in shock and stayed that way for quite some time. Because her dress followed the necklace, and underneath her dress was what was definitely not a one piece. Vander had never actually seen a girl in a bikini in his life. It wasn't exactly a common sight at home, or in pureblood wizarding circles. She still didn't look at him, but he now had the unfortunate problem of having difficulties in looking away from her.

He knew, technically, he should have immediately averted his eyes the second she started to take off her dress. He hadn't known what she was wearing underneath. But he hadn't, and honestly, his track record for doing what he should have done wasn't so great. Vander watched as she dived in, and then finally faced him once she came up from under the water, blue eyes narrowed. It would have been almost humorous if he hadn't been in shock. This was... this was a lot of things, but he was pretty sure 'proper' wasn't one of them. You're just looking at her because she's the only girl that's not your sister that you even know, he told himself harshly. He wasn't- she was aesthetically pleasing, and that didn't equal attraction. At least, he thought it didn't. And now she was floating on her back, hands behind her head like a damn naiad.

Vander had no idea how to respond to this. It wasn't like he could top that little display of- of defiance or something. He had the strangest nagging thought now, that if he got too close to the edge of the pool she'd simply pull him in and drown him, like mermaids in stories. "You're insane," he finally choked out, thinking he ought to say something, some condemnation of this behavior. She couldn't just- just strip in front of him! What if someone saw them like this? Even though he was fully clothed and not in the pool with her, it would still raise questions he really didn't want to have to answer. "Have you lost your bloody mind? What the hell was that? This is your response?" He stared at her incredulously for a moment, determinedly keeping his eyes on her face, not because it was the respectful thing to do, but because if she caught him looking elsewhere she'd never let him live it down.

He felt ridiculous, just standing there, looking at her float around in the water like she'd been born in it, so he took off his jacket, which he hadn't really needed in the summer heat anyways, but hadn't been allowed to leave the house without, and kicked off his shoes, pulling off his socks and stuffing them in them. Now just in a shirt and trousers, which felt like undress to him after spending all year in a school uniform and there being a certain level of dress required at home, which was strictly formal all the time, he pushed up his shirt sleeves and rolled up his pants legs, walked over to the edge of the pool, and sat down, legs now in the water, which was luckily not uncomfortably cold but not too warm, either. He didn't care one whit about chivalry, if she swam over and tried to pull him in or splash him he was hexing her. His wand was still in his pocket, after all. Vander glared at her, in a 'look what you've pushed me to' sort of way, and said, with no small amount of bitterness, "So this is how you've been spending your summer."

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:11 pm
User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

Wendy looked a bit surprised and baffled when Evander declared her insane, practically choking it out and asking if she had lost her mind and if that was her response to him. She sighed as she turned onto her side and ducked under the water, coming back up and breaking the surface of the water and actually looking surprised when Evander decided to join her in the water. Well sort of. She doubted he had proper swimming attire on. And why would he "lower himself" to "her level".

With a few easy kicks she came over to the side of the pool, and propped her elbows up on the side and looked at him and answered his question about her summer, "It is how I prefer to spend as much of my summer as I can. It isn't like it is all I am allowed to spend my summer doing."

She glanced away and said, "And don't think you are so special as this is my 'answer' to your ridiculous goading. It's my lack of answer. Obviously, you don't want to be here, and..." She turned her gaze back to him her blue eyes narrowed as she met his, "...I'm not your sister or your brother or your parents who'll just sit around and bother to listen to you constantly trying to pick fights. I don't have to listen to you," She continued, even if technically she did have to listen to him or she would if he actually decided to pull the 'i'm your fiance' which at this point she doubted he would so she still could say as much, "or at least not when anyone else is around. So, if you don't want to be here and I don't care about you being here one way or another I don't see why I should act as if you are here at all."

She raised a brow, "Why disrupt my plans because of you? I see no reason. That is logic not insanity, Mr. Lillantine. Besides, even if I wasn't wearing proper swimming attire beyond a reprimand, it would be mostly overlooked. In case you forgot," She added with her own sneer of annoyance, "we are engaged to be married." Shaking her head, she pushed off from the side of the pool again and went back to floating on her back.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:28 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander made an annoyed sound as she sighed before going back under the water. He hated it when she sighed as if she were his mother or something and stiffened as she swam over to the side to do the decency of answering him. He gave her a look when she glanced away and then back at him. "Did I say I was special? No. You'd love if it I said I was, so you could be even more condescending about it, I'm sure, and really? Really? I obviously don't want to be here? Whatever gave you that idea?" And she acted as though she were the smart one, he thought sourly. She assumed more than anyone he'd ever known. "Trust me, I'm not oh so impressed that you're still immature enough to jump into a pool instead of using words like normal people do," Vander added snidely.

His pale eyes widened, before he laughed, hard. "Yes. Yes, Wendy, I regularly sit my parents down and make them listen to me goad, as you put it. I just have the run of the whole estate. Did you ever think that maybe I have to shut the hell up and sit still just as much as you do sometimes? And you don't have to- oh, that's a laugh. Tell me more about what you don't have to do," he said mockingly, before she added on the provisional. He settled into an irritated, if not as angry as he had been before she decided to go all 'lady of the lake'. "I don't know," he finally muttered sarcastically, "Maybe because we are engaged to be married." The fact that his fiancee- as squeamish as the word made him- apparently preferred water to him was more than a little bit slighting. Wasn't marriage just constantly disrupting and interfering with one another, anyways? It seemed to be that way with his parents, both always 'accidentally' ruining each other's plans and schemes.

He watched as she floated on her back, and reached over to the basket full of food, snatching out an apple, and tossing it up and down in the palm of his hand. He didn't even like apples. Cyrus was fond of them. Vander narrowed his eyes, tightened his grip on the fruit, and hurled it into the distance as far as he possibly could. He watched it hit the grass some ways away, and roll to a stop. Birds would probably be pecking at it soon enough. He returned his gaze to Wendy, floating around, and impulsively splashed water her way. He wasn't going to just sit here in silent self reflection while she enjoyed herself. No, the first rule of Evander Lillantine applied here: 'no one's suffering until I am; then, we're all really suffering'.

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm
User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

"I'm not trying to impress you, Mr. Lillantine. And quite frankly I could care less what you think of me or my actions," Wendy said. "After all who are you going to tell? Go run to my guardian? Go above him and directly to the the head of the Avery family or his wife, they won't believe it, though." She smirked only for the briefest of moments, obviously confident in the statement she said and not the slightest bit irritated at him. However she raised a brow when Evander began to laugh at her earlier statement about his freedom to say as he pleased. As Wendy went on she rolled her eyes as he actually pointed out that they were engaged to be married so she did have to listen to him.

"Fine," She said, waving a hand, "but it isn't as if you see any reason to treat me any different than before-and you won't see me asking you to-but if you don't give me any different attention than before your mother begged the Averys to agree to marry me off to you, then why should I all of a sudden give you any special treatment? Like I said before, I only show respect to those I think deserve it. What have you ever done for me that makes me owe you that much?" She ended, tossing her hair, and diving under the water once again, and went back to floating on her back enjoying the sunshine and water, her eyes closed when suddenly water droplets soaked her face. She opened her eyes surprised and had to make a few kicks as she was no longer floating easily when she stared at Vander the guilty party of splashing her. It wasn't like she was that annoyed, but it was ridiculous, and how dare he disturb her peace! And he called her immature. She wasn't the one splashing someone-someone who was already wet and in the water. He was the vulnerable one.

She dived back under the water, coming up only after grabbing both of his feet and then pulling him into the pool with her under the water, letting go as he hit the water, and swimming back. She waited for him to surface, a large grin on her face as she waited for his rage and curious exactly what words would come from him. No doubt even more language that was absolutely appalling, honestly Wendy was impressed at the vulgarity he could spit out considering she was pretty sure his parents stressed "proper decorum" quite a bit and cursing hardly fell into that sort of behavior.

{OoC: Permission granted by Weasley.}
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:04 pm

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

Vander rolled his eyes at her smirk, which he thought paled compared to his own, which he'd had down to science since the age of five. He watched the wave of her hand like a hawk, then scowled as she described his mother as having 'begged' the Averys to agree to it. He might detest this arrangement, but he sure as hell wasn't going to believe that, even if there might be a grain of truth to it. "From what I heard," he retorted, "You were insurance for your bloody cousin, so don't start with me about that. At least I wasn't the backup for if Romeo and Juliet didn't work out," he scoffed.

He knew the second the water droplets hit that he was probably going to pay for this, but he was so lost in his triumph, a smirk widening his smile, laughter bubbling out his mouth as she had to kick to stay afloat, that he didn't think to scramble away in time before she dived back under and grabbed him by the feet, yanking him into the water. He let out a strangled yell before his head went under and he thrashed underwater before surfacing with a gasp, dark hair covering his eyes before he swiped it out of the way. She was grinning. He'd never seen her smile that big before. For a second he almost didn't recognize her, but then it sank in that he was soaked to the bone, and while not entirely uncomfortable, seeing as it was hot out and the water was hardly freezing, hadn't planned on being pulled into a pool today. He was enraged and secretly shocked more by her nerve in pulling him in than in him actually being in the pool right now.

"You-," he snarled, seemingly unable to find an insult vile enough. "You, you- you bloody harpy, what the hell was that for?" Well, he knew exactly what it had been for, but he wasn't about to let the truth stop him now. "You're mad," he decided. "Completely mad. I'm going to marry a lunatic who thinks it's perfectly acceptable-," he tried to splash her again- "To drag people into pools like she's a sea creature!" He'd forgotten to keep kicking to stay above water and bobbed below it, before resurfacing once more. "s**t," he sputtered, before glaring at her. "You look the cat that ate the ******** canary. I hope you're happy." Still, he made no move to get out of the water. He was relieved he'd taken off his jacket and socks and shoes previously. It certainly made swimming easier. He trailed off into muttered expletives, eyes narrowed at her, before seeming to embrace his fate and diving down to the bottom of the pool, only to come back up, holding his wand.

It had better still work. Did they make them water resistant? Though he had half a mind to hex her right now, he was slightly concerned it might backfire on him. He put it at the side of the pool, before turning back to face her, hair dripping water down his face. "Back to the previous topic," he hissed. "Who do you respect? I'm just dying to know who deserves it. Really."

OOC:
mc2

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:17 pm
User Image
xxxx<4th Year>

Wendy merely shrugged some when Evander spat out about the fact she was insurance if "Romeo and Juliet" didn't work out. It was more or less true. She knew it. And David, even if nothing was ever said, was well aware of it as well. David wasn't stupid. It was obvious from the moment they were introduced, which was barely a month before he decided to create Leo into the Juliet of the equation. Wendy wouldn't have been above removing her from it either if it hadn't gotten to the point David gained just enough of her respect to like him enough not to be that tempted. How far he'd take his spite out towards his grandfather was actually a bit impressive. He was still weak and impulsive, but it was at least impressive on that front, even if Wendy seriously did fear that someday David would figure out a way to burn the manor to the ground and get away with it.

Wendy had to wonder if Evander would event think she'd have been that annoyed about something she was aware of since she first came to the care of the Averys. After all, she was aware of far more of the inner workings of the family as she was seen as a tool of them without her own voice, than certain family members who didn't owe quite so much to them-or so the Averys felt.

Her mood had gotten all the better though after she had retaliated against Evander for splashing her (and all the obnoxious things he had said so far) when she pulled him in. She couldn't help but chuckle while grinning the whole time as Evander came up to manage to splutter out the insult of harpy towards her. She swam back some as he continued on calling her mad and tried to splash her again, though when Evander bobbed below the surface having apparently spent so much focus on trying to insult her instead of keeping afloat, she moved to swim towards him when he came back up to curse and snapped out she looked like a cat that ate a canary. Her chuckling ended and she smiled all too innocently and happily as Evander glared at her, before diving under the water to return with wand raised.

Wendy half expected him to try to hex her when he had his wand and was thinking of what counters she could use, or hope to use, wandlessly (which was far from her forte, but she could manage probably), as her wand was with her clothes still, to protect herself when instead Evander merely placed his wand on the side of the pool to turn to face her and demand who it was she did respect. Wendy let out a sigh, her grin faded away completely, and she was back to her impassive and neutral expression she often adopted and said, "Respect as in completely?" She asked, her brow wrinkling for a moment and she shook her head, "I respect a lot of people... or at the very least different traits about them. But people who deserve respect and people who I do respect are two different things, Mr. Lillantine." She dove under the water to come up at the edge of the pool and stationed herself there, supporting herself with her elbows, her back to the edge, and she said with cold indifference as she watched Evander, "I don't respect someone who tries to earn it by trying to make everyone around them miserable for no good reason, though, but I don't see why it really matters. You ask my opinion plenty of times, but I don't see why you would care what I would answer. All I have to do is act with poise and proper behavior when in public and not give you any reason to feel you need to employ someone to taste your food to ensure there is no poison." She added the last one dryly, a slight tone of sarcasm in regards to the idea of poisoning him.

{OoC:}
The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:47 am
Start of the Summer of 2030

User Image xWendy Madeline Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx<5th Year>

Time: Summer of 2030
Dressed: Uniform/Like a lady of the summer
Wendy had never been happier to be home-or the Avery Manor, but that was home as much as she ever felt-that summer. She wouldn't say she was shaken up from the affair that happened at Hogsmeade, but she definitely knew she was furious in regards to it. She had escaped the whole thing relatively unscratched, having essentially only suffered damage to her clothes of blood staining, that wasn't even her own but Antigone Lillantine. She could not fathom what logic there could have been in the whole attack. The attackers had claimed the Death Eater symbolism but acted hardly so. For example in the case of Evander, the pureblood heir to an older more noble family than some of them probably could claim. Of course mudbloods and that sort tended to look in no way distinctly different than anyone else, but those morons didn't even bother to so much as try to make a distinction. Disgusting!

When Wendy got to the manor, despite wanting to soak away her anger, was informed by lady Jane Avery she was to hurry and bathe and get on clean clothes as she was asked to come to the manor's general office after becoming presentable once again. It was curious, but Wendy assumed it either was an update on Antigone's condition or confirmation of Evander's return home (she could only hope) or some more about formal arrangements of David's wedding. It wasn't as if the Averys would let a handful of deranged violent thugs insulting the (slightly) more civilized approach of the late Dark Lord Voldemort and his followers in curing the problem of the magically unworthy. After changing and cleaning up, Wendy headed downstairs. She paused at the office's door to find it closed and then raising a slightly cautious hand, she then knocked once and recieved a response of 'Please come in' by Robert Avery the First. She opened the door, in front of the desk where tea had been set out in china handed down of the Chaisty family and not the Avery's, was a red haired man. When he turned, Wendy stared, her expression blank as an Antique china doll, hiding her shock and confusion at seeing the red haired male.

"I will allow you two to catch up then," Robert Avery said, standing. Wendy glanced to him for only a moment and gave him a small polite nod before her gaze turned back to the unexpected guest. If the Averys were the sort to do jokes, Wendy may have suspected this was some horrific joke. Her thoughts were quickly brushed aside at the sound of the door closing. She remained standing, still and expressionless, even as she was pulled into a tight hug.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:23 pm
User Image
xMaxmillian Oliver Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx

Dressed: To impress

It had been almost 7 years that Maxmillian Chaisty had been in Azkaban for a murder of some loudmouthed mudblood Maxmillian felt the world was far better without, anyways. Turned out not ever admitting to the crime and the fact that while it was proven his wand had produced the killing curse, there had never been any eyewitnesses of the death of the mudblood, and at the time the ministry had been too lazy to bother with getting more evidence. The situation was damning, of course, but a good lawyer could finagle around it (along with some galleons in the right pockets). However, the Averys hadn't provided the support at the time. They had waited. Maxmillian wasn't stupid enough to ask the logic behind it. Either way he was happy to be out of the damp cell where all he had was dim light, stone walls, and endless ocean to be stuck looking at. And of course his own thoughts to keep him company.

When he was release in Februrary, something the Robert Avery the first had worked to start arranging since the start of that Winter, Maxmillian had immediately wanted to rush to Hogwarts to see his daughter. It was not advised and he was told that a private meeting would be best. It had been almost seven years since he had seen his daughter, the one thing he had remaining from the love his life. One of the only good things. When Maxmillian had last saw her she was only eight. Still a child, now she was 15. Engaged to an heir of another old family, apparently having caught the boy's interest enough for him to mention her name enough his family thought it a wise pairing. Of course Maxmillian couldn't see how his precious daughter wouldn't have charmed someone, and today he'd finally get to see her after so long. And after hearing Wendy had been caught up in the antics of some neo-death eaters he was even happier to see his daughter. Robert or Jane would have told him if Wendy had been injured, or so Maxmillian had his hopes.

When the door opened, after what had seemed like forever of waiting, Maxmillian turned to see his precious daughter. She had so much of her mother in her, but she shared Maxmillian's red hair and blue eyes. Though the very light golden hue of her skin instead of pale freckles like Maxmillian had he credited to her mother. Wendy stood there in what he could only assume to be shock to seem him once again and not in a prison cell, not that Wendy had ever seen him in Azkaban and nor would he have wanted her to. As Robert took his leave, Maxmillian stepped over to his daughter, after having stood, and pulled her into a tight hug. "It has been so long and then when I heard you got mixed up in the... I don't know what I would have done if I had lost you too..." He paused for a moment and pulled back when he Wendy began to speak her voice detached. To Maxmillian her emotionless tone was harder to bear than most curses he might have been hit with. "What?" Maxmillian asked of her, his jaw tightening.

Wendy sighed and her blue eyes meeting his repeated what she had said and then adding to her first statement, "Did you have anything to do with what happened in Hogsmeade? You never were the sort with the best judgement and with you all of a sudden be... and not... it only is practical to ask at the very least, Father."

Maxmillian's pale freckled hands tightened into fists, and he said his voice ever so stiff, shocked and horrified that after all this time, that was what his daughter would say first to him, a pitch of hurt underlying his question, "Do you honestly think I would endanger my own daughter's welfare?"

"I don't know what to think you would or wouldn't do: it is not as if I really know you all that well," She answered, her tone never changing.

Maxmillian let out a sigh: who knew teenage girls could be so troublesome. Had he been a fool to think that his precious little girl would still be the little girl he remembered. Wendy was no longer 7 or 8. She was a young lady, a young woman, one who had grown up charming enough to win over the heir of an old noble family as well. After all, he had heard how the Lillantines came to Robert and Jane so bluntly to inquire about the future of his daughter who had caught the attention of their eldest son. Maxmillian didn't blame the young man, though, Wendy had inherited her mother's charms and talents and had continued to nurture them despite him being away from her. "You are right," Maxmillian finally conceded, "it has been a while. Look at you, you are a proper lady, now, after all! Why don't we start over? Time has changed you far more than me I am sure. Please, come sit down, and tell me all that has concerned you."

Maxmillian gave Wendy a hopeful smile and waved a hand for her to sit down and join him for tea. His daughter paused for a moment as if to consider his request and then answered, "I'd rather not, Father." Turning on her heel, she opened the office door and took her leave, shutting the door to the office and her father behind her, not even bother to turn to see Maxmillian's stunned look.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:12 am
User Image xWendy Madeline Chaistyxxxxx
xxxx<5th Year>

Dressed: Uniform/Like a lady of the summer
Wendy had managed to keep her composure till she got to her room, where she slammed the door, and slid down the closed door. She sat there for a full minute, her mind trying to process the why of the whole thing. It wasn't as if the Averys couldn't have hired the support years ago to release her father, and honestly it would have made more sense to do so during the trial, but they didn't. She slid off her shoes and thew one across the room startling her owl and she jumped up, buried her head in the pillow and screamed in frustration before settling for curling up around the pillow, and punching the bed periodically as she chewed her lip. And to think Maxmillian had the bloody audacity to act as if he was just on some long vacation or what not! And she hadn't a clue how to react and she'd have been childish if she immediately wrote to Evander or Mira complaining about the whole thing. They had been mixed up in the neo-Death eater nonsense too. Or at least she knew Evander had been. And Mira... she was pretty sure it would have been mentioned to her by now if Mira was hurt. Or say Leo was. Leo was soon to be family. One. Big. Happy. Family.

She sat there in silence, calm till she glanced up to hear a soft hoot of her owl Tom in his cage. She looked up and frowned as she muttered, "Sorry, Tom..." Getting up she opened his cage and pet the little owl on his head and said, "You're fierce though, something like a shoe isn't that big of a concern for you right?" She shook her head and moved to her desk picking up a quill and then with a far harsher script than usual she composed a first letter. She picked up a quill to write a second but gave up after the Mira. She might as well let Tom worry about one letter at a time anyways. Sealing the letter she gave it to her owl before going back to her bed, pulling the covers over her head and laying there in silence.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:30 pm
- A Letter Carried By Ismene, Owl of Antigone Lillantine -

Wendy,

Well, isn't this a pleasant surprise? Like hell you wanted to know how dear Anti's doing; which is not much. She shuts herself in her room most of the time, which isn't that much of a surprise except she's not actually doing anything in there, just lying on her bed staring at the wall. It's a bit unnerving to watch, honestly. I went in and read her bits of your letter, especially the post script. It was hilarious, but she didn't get it at all. She didn't even look at me. Father told her if she doesn't start coming down for meals soon he'll drag her out of her room by the hair if he has to. I doubt he actually would, but you should have seen the stare she gave him. Mother looked impressed, but of course she would.

But obviously we're coming to the wedding; it'll be the talk of pureblood society for the rest of the summer, as my mother put it. MY FATHER IN LAW? Please tell me this is some pathetic attempt at humor. I thought Daddy Dearest was rotting in Azkaban for years to come. I don't see why I should have to meet some convicted killer just because he donated sperm. If one of us is to fall deathly ill, I vote you. Better yet, fake your own death. Maybe he'll die of grief or something. You asked him?! Are you insane?! What if he was? What would you have done then, thanked him for not murdering you? You can only assume- come on now, Wendy. We both know the Averys have never 'suddenly felt sorry' for anyone in their sad excuses for lives. They have to have practically broken him out for something that's become an issue as of late, or they would have done it years ago. Maybe their plan is for him to off the bridge and groom at the upcoming nuptials. We'll just have to wait and see.

Doubtfully,
Evander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:06 pm

Wendy,

Did he move in for an awkward reunion hug? Did you kick him in the balls? See, THAT was a good joke. Not enough concrete evidence... what, did the Averys torch the body and toss his wand in a river before the authorities could get to them? And I don't know about being a 'silly boy' but the Averys probably think you're a 'silly girl' for being so upset that Daddy waltzed back into your life. After all, now he can walk you down the aisle! Won't that be fun for us all?

I'd think I'd have better things to do than give your cousin and his blood traitor bride a proper send off, anyways. Why would you even assume your father would tell you the truth, anyways? You barely know him. He barely knows you. I'd count myself lucky I didn't get hexed for such 'insolence'. Good thing you'll always be Daddy's little princess, right? And sure, have at her. Mother's always going on about how she needs some 'proper friends of her own gender' anyways. She's socially maladjusted, you see.

Ridiculously,
Evander

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:27 am

Wendy,

Alright, I get it. Your father's in your life again and you're not happy about it because it's one more person controlling you. Is that it? I'm struggling to understand why you even care. Are the Averys still your legal guardians?

Oh, gee, I can't wait for that! I'll be sure to tell him alllllll about how excited you are for our upcoming nuptials, and how you just can't wait to start a proper pureblood family of our own with me! And while I'm talking to dear old dad, you can deal with my lovely mother. You know she just can't wait to talk to you about the color scheme, and the guest list, the music... Really, she's just so excited to have a daughter in law.

Cut the 'I'm so offended but I'll never outright say it and instead sarcastically mock you for the next five letters' crap. I think it's fairly obvious we're both desperate to have someone to rant to. It's not as if I'm having the summer of the year, either. Father expects me to be his perfect pureblood heir at all times, and I honestly don't think anyone else has considered matricide as much as I have in the past few years. My mother's a bloody nightmare.

Reminding You That If Your Father Kills Me You Won't Get Any Of Our Money,
Evander

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas