Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Services

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili services, soquili, horse, fantasy breedables, native america 

Reply Archived
Wishing Star - Winners pg 9 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Calixita

Crew

Wild Creature

63,800 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:56 am
VOIDING THIS.

Nymphalidae
My Long Lost Family Member
Soquili in search of a relative: Petrushka
[UNCERT MASKED] [UNCERT UNMASKED]
User Image User Image
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): Sister
Race (first choice): Pure Kirin.
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): Pure Unicorn.
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A small pile of purple gems like those she wears, various skulls and bones of small animals, torn pieces of blood-stained colorful fabric, feathers, and herbs.
Short IC Response: What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask to find their relative? Petrushka had always been someone who needed to be led -- she needed someone who she could rely on to help her function, to guide her. She used to have that with her Master -- she only knew him as that name, a two-legger from the caravan of storytellers who had passed by through these lands. She never knew what it was like to live on her own, to support and take care of herself. No one had ever taught her, leading her to develop dependency on others in order to survive. It was the only way to make sure she would never try to run away, after all. But now her Master was gone -- killed -- and Petrushka found herself alone and lost. Her Master had traded away her sister long ago, when they had both still been foals, and for the first time in a long time she wondered where she was or if she was alive (and sometimes, when she had that thought, she wasn't really sure she was thinking of her sister or of herself). Petrushka nosed the pile of offerings at her hooves before looking up at the rainbow stretched out across the sky. Maybe she could depend on it; maybe it would lead her to where she needed to be. "You will take me to my sister, yes? Maybe lead her to me? I need her, maybe she needs me, too," she said, nodding to herself. Yes, maybe her sister could use her. She could help, she could be useful -- gather materials for spells and rituals. She was good at that. She could kill things, too. Sometimes skulls and bones and blood needed to be fresh. Sometimes her Master wanted to eat meat. Yes, surely her sister needed her, too, and the bright colors in the sky would lead them to each other at long last.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:00 am
Soquili in search of a relative: User Image
Race (first choice): Regular draft
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): Wind draft
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? Kreyate leaves a hoof sized rock with a split down the middle of it, nestled deep within that crack is a brilliant shiny green crystal.
Short IC Response: Kreyate approached the star cautiously, he wasn't one to make decisions often having been told his whole life what to do and when to do it but when it came to this making the decision for himself was easy. That didn't ease the fear away as he came to make his offer to the star, constantly checking over his shoulder to make sure he hadn't been followed. Setting his offering down in front of his hooves Kreyate lifted his gaze to the star. He wasn't good with talking so he struggled for a few moments before saying what he wanted to say. "Kreyate bring star special rock, hope star like it." He paused to stare at his hooves for a moment he had never asked for anything in this life. "Kreyate..." he started again as his gaze lifted back to the star. "Kreyate miss his sister. Kreyate want sister to come home, to be with Kreyate. Kreyate would thank star if it made sister return." The stallion looked at the star for quite some unsure of what to do next. He waited for some sort of sign that the star had heard his request or an instruction of what to do next. Finally the stallion bobbed his head and turned away, wandering aimlessly back the way he had come.  

She-Ra of Etheria

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:17 am
An Extra Gift
Parent 1: Akiilani owned by me
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2: Basil owned by Rabid-White-Mongoose
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: click
Lifemates: Yes smile
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? She leaves her longest braid with the brightest raven’s feather, not having much of anything to give to the Star, but yearning to be a mother again.
Short IC Response: Tell me a little about your couple. What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask for a basket?

Akiilani raised her head to the sky, the warm summer breeze ruffling the remaining braids hanging from her mane and tail. One, severed with a sacred blade and offered to the Star, laid in front of her, the raven’s feather gleaming in the starlight, shining with blues and violets. She’d picked that braid because it was her favorite…and because that was the most valuable thing she could give to the Wishing Star. She had fallen in love with a wind stallion, head over heels for that boy… They’d had two foals—boys who were now grown up and fledged, raising families of their own. She missed them, missed their chaos and missed their antics, missed how they would buddy up together, Serren stronger and faster than his little brother, but never leaving Torrin out. Lani felt that she and Basil had raised two strong, capable young stallions…yet… She missed them. She missed having a full nest. She was getting older—they both were—and she didn’t want to give up on family yet. There was still so much more fun to be had.

So she came here tonight, to the Wishing Star. This hadn’t been the first time, nor would it be the last, because she would keep wishing, keep praying, keep hoping that the Star would finally hear her pleas. “I just want a baby again, a child to love and to raise. I don’t care if it’s a boy or a girl…though I’ve never had a daughter. And I don’t even care if it has wings.” Something big, spoken from the mare who’d spent her childhood jumping from hills just for those few moments of “flight”. She’d been the only child born without wings, yet had been the one to yearn to fly. And then she’d fallen in love with Basil. “I just…want another chance, Star. I want to go through that joy again, because I know I will love every minute of it.”

She lowered her head, nudged the braid as it fluttered in the wind where the strands had been cut. Then, with a smile, she headed back to Basil, her love, though she wouldn’t tell him what she’d done. She wanted to…surprise him. If her wish came true.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?: Introducing Mme. Henderson Kite, Owl Extraordinaire and Purveyor of Errata
User Image

Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: "They say that owls are wise. This, naturally, is false. Anybody who openly admits they are wise often does so with that air of false modesty that cloaks arrogance; they believe that there's nothing left worth learning and that their experiences are more valuable and worthwhile than the sum of those brought to them by those who seek them for their wisdom. Those who are truly wise might believe that their advice is worthwhile, but would never claim that they hold all wisdom in regards to any happenstance. There is a saying: If you meet the buddha on the road, kill him. I am an owl, and I profess to be nothing but a simpleton. For instance, I haven't an inkling who or what the buddha is. All my knowledge is trivia.

But even trivia needs shared. I confess: I am largely alone in this world. Owls, you see, are not flocking birds, and it's not a bird I'd want for company. Have you met any birds, o star? They're birdbrains! No, what I want is a good, solid character. Somebody with backbone. Somebody solid. Somebody whose love of life is suited to this glorious backcountry of ours. This, star, is what I beseech thee for tonight. I know that last night I asked for a mouse, and the night before I asked for help determining the philosophical root of the origin of the term 'square.' I am a needy owl. But do think upon this request, will you? I'll leave your half mouse on the customary rock."

10 Things I Like:
Drafts
Mule ears
Long walks in the moonlight
Complimentary colors
Bold patterns
Subtle patterns
Soft naturalness
Norse mythology
Folk music
Feathers and beads and bits of bone casually twisted into hair as if one was tended by an affectionate owl

10 Things I Don’t Like:
Minis
Neon
Full-on Kalona
Hippogryphs
Aquatic soqs (Owls aren't known for their swimming capabilities)
Harsh contrast
Ruffians
Mellow-harshers
"The Man," whatever that means
Spaghetti. Can't stand the stuff.

What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?

Half of a mouse. This happens a lot. Henderson makes a wish because Mama Owl told her something cute and maudlin about wishing on stars, and she takes the idea of debt very seriously. So every night she makes a wish on a star, she kills a mouse and leaves the good half sitting on a flat rock near a lake.

The next morning, it's eaten by a very confused weasel who doesn't know who keeps leaving the dead mice around but at the same time isn't complaining.  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

Jinx Creed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:16 am
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): sister
Race (first choice): draft
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): regular
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A worn out sherrif star badge
Short IC Response: *Nakoda looks up at the sky and remembers his childhood* When I was a foal, my sister and I were playing under the stars when we saw a light in the distance. When we got closer we saw some pale faced men wearing strange hats around a fire. My sister tripped over a rock and the man with a shinning star on his breast looked up. We ran as fast as our young legs could carry us, but when I got home, my sister was not behind me. I tried looking for her, but the only thing I found at the campsite was the small shinning star the man had worn. The men had taken her to be raised in their town. I dream of her returning home one day.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:47 am
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): sibling, either gender is fine
Race (first choice): half-uni
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): Regluar
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A stone shaped like a crescent moon and a braid made from hairs from herself, her mate, and her children.
Short IC Response: It was not the first time Hazalinia approached to make an offering before the Wishing Star. But this time her life was different, she and her mate had foals together and she was also a grandmother by blood as well as by bond. Being happy with her growing family there were still times her thoughts turned to those she had lost through conflict and temper. "Wishing Star, the last year has brought many blessings but my joy is marred by memories and my desire to share the family that surrounds me now with the family of my childhood. I want to see them again. I long to know what's happened to them since I've been gone. I want them to know that I'm well. I wish to see one of my siblings, even in passing, to share and to know. There is a place in my heart that needs to know for my life and my joy to be complete." She placed her simple offering with a bow; the stone shaped like the crescent moon that was the symbol of her family herd and a braid of many colors the hairs taken from herself, her mate, and her children.  

Tygress Dream

Beloved Shapeshifter

TrigunKittie

Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:50 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?: Zahara, at Leotie's urging. User Image
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: *Zahara sighs and glances down to Leotie for reassurance. She starts off whispering but her voice gradually becomes stronger as she continues* "I've been so lonely, Wishing Star." *She pokes her hoof at the grass nervously* "Yearning for someone of my own kind. I feel like I had a family once, someone of my own who loved me. The hole in my heart tells me it's true, but my head can't remember... who they are, or where, or if they even existed at all except in my dreams..." *she begins to trail off and Leotie rubs up against Zahara's leg and speaks to her* "Maybe you should tell the Wishing Star about the qualities you'd like in a friend?" *Zahara perks up and barely thinks for a moment before rattling off a stream of items*

10 Things I Like: Oh! Feathers! And antlers and long hair to play in. They must also like sweet flowers, rain storms, the night sky, sunrise and sunset, rainbows, and playing in the autumn leaves. *she nods and then thinks again for a moment*
10 Things I Don’t Like: *scrunches up her nose* Mean soquili, clowns, spiders, blood and guts, baldness and short hair.

What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? *Zahara clears her throat softly* I found this little seedling near my favorite patch of flowers, I'm sure it will grow up to be a beautiful sweet flower like the others. *She places it gently in a soft mound of dirt to take root* "I'd like to also share some of my feathers" *shakes her mane gently until her feather clip comes loose, and places them next to the seedling* "they are my favorite accessory."
*Zahara smiles softly to herself, and turns to Leotie, a questioning look in her eye. Leotie smiles and nods at her and as they turn towards home, Zahara glances back over her shoulder towards the sky and whispers* "Thank you for listening."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?:
Isi Anowa
User Image
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: Isi stifled the urge to cry as she looked up at the star in the sky. "I don't remember much about myself. I would probably be lying if I told you I was anything really, because I don't know where I'm from or who I am," she said, trying hard to remember anything about her past, "I know my family was attacked...by who or what, I can't remember. That's how I lost my memory, and now I need to get it back. If I could wish for anything it would be to remember...but if you could find it in your heart, I could do with someone to help me remember." Her eyes sparkled as she glanced up at the sky, hoping for some help.
10 Things I Like:
Male
Naturals (White, palomino, black, chestnut)
Hints of color
Long hair
Kirin
Cerynei
Feathers
Long fetlocks

10 Things I Don’t Like:
Neon
Clutter
Minis
Baldness
Aquatic
Scarves/clothing

What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?
"It's not much for what I'm asking...But it's all I have left of my memories and my family," Isi said, carefully laying a holly leaf from behind her ear on the ground before the star.  

Baby Pandah

Popular Sex Symbol

9,650 Points
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rhyleigh

Invisible Harvester

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:53 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing? (a Soquili, Familiar, or Kiwani persona) Zubin
User Image
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: Zubin: clicks his claws "Well I am a simple Lobster. I just live here taking care of the pants and other small Aquatic life." waves his claws bout. "I am a bit lonely though, they aren't very talkative. I think there might be a Soquili around who could be my friend" moves around a bit "Uh don't know what else I am rather boring. Do really want a friend. I don't care if he or she is tiny or large." clips claws again
10 Things I Like:
1 Aquatic life
2.Dark colors
3. fins
4. Slight neon coloring
5. long flowing hair
6. soft patterns
7. scales
8. spots
9. shells
10 seaslugs
10 Things I Don’t Like:
1. Gore
2. human clothing
3. bright neon over coloring
4. bald things
5. large odd patterns
6. demonic things
7. waffle patterns
8. large twisted tails
9. epic amounts of teeth
10 Deep sea anglers

What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A large pearl covered in seaweed  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 am
Soquili in search of a relative:
User Image
Relation:
xxxxxMother
Race:
xxxxxHippogryph-Unicorn Combo
Race 2:
xxxxxUnicorn
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?
xxxxxA bundle of jungle flowers with some of his feathers inter-wound within them.
Short IC Response:

xxxxx The stallion sighed, moving ever so carefully up along the hill. He held, cletched in his claw, a grouping of flowers, his own feathers carefully placed within their ranks, and tied off with some thin vine he had found growing along one of the jungle trees. His bright eyes flickered up toward the sky, staring for several quiet moments. Since he was a foal, he had wondered just who his mother was, where she was, if she was thinking of the two babies she left behind? Xbalanque had told him not to worry about it; that it was nothing to concern himself with and no one would need to know. His mother was a "lost cause".

xxxxxBut Hunahpu didn't think like that. He didn't think that she was nothing to concern himself with. She was the reason that he had been created. And Hunahpu wanted to find out just who this mysterious woman was. So, with a sigh, the stallion lifted his head, and glanced at the star. He had heard rumors of a star that granted the wish of those that spoke to it. He didn't know much of the native tongue, just what he had learned from Ahni. So he was still kind of slow in the talking aspect. He hoped, no matter what happened, that the star would understand his words, and lead his path to his mother; to untold secrets and mysteries to be solved.

xxxxx"Star... Hunahpu lost. I want found... I want Mother... Want my mother..." He paused, trying to remember what she had taught him about using complete sentences. He murmured something in his native tongue, before growling some, claws clenching. The stallion dropped the flowers and feathers on the hill, before looking back up toward the sky. "Please help me find Mother... She important. Give life to Hunahpu.... Hunahpu want meet her to learn of why she left Xbalanque and Hunahpu. It... It important. Please, Star." Shaking his head once more, he sighed, before turning slowly and wandered back down the hill, his ears folded back. It was time to return to his temple home, and once more count the days that passed.

[[ I am aware there are no mutations/ulun'suti/ect. I am also aware that the prize may not have edits at all. I am fully okay with this, and just want the colorists to have fun. :3 I am hoping for the plot of having the Mother, rather than the image of her. ]]

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Jackariah Beckett

Fluffy Firestarter

14,975 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:34 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?:
User Image
*This is the picture his semi-custom was based on*
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself: I don't even have a name yet. I am waiting for a special friend to give me a name I can be proud of. When I wear my headphones, I can remember any music or sound I have heard. As far as I can remember anyways. So when I am bored I like to put them on and pretend that I hear the music I once did.
10 Things I Like:
~ Vibrant colors
~ color blocking
~ sunny yellows, greens, and purples
~ long hair, wind blown or curly
~ Male
~ Dove winged winds
~ kelpies
~ Unicorn
~ Draft love love love
~ animals like the semi-custom ref pic all over the body
10 Things I Don't Like:
~ neutrals
~ blues *I like blue, I just already have a lot of it. So small quantities isnt bad*
~ reds
~ creepy insects like spiders
~ Bone markings
~ Short bland hair
~ Kalona
~ Gory
~ Little to no markings
~
What does your persona or your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star?: His old set of headphones. The ones a nice kawani man gave him when he rescued him from a bobcat. The man said something about it improving his balance and it has.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 am
A True Friend

Who is Wishing?: A Kawani Native
Tell the wishing star a little about yourself:
10 Things I Like:
Tribal tattoos
Bold/Bright Colors against dark colors
Punk/Emo/Scene hairstyles
Goth Accessories (choker, spikes, lace edged stockings, etc.)
Natural patterns/markings (horse, cats, other wild animals)
Voodoo/Witch Doctor Inspired
Black Lace
Draft
Leg Feathering

10 Things I Don’t Like:
Gore
Short manes
Short Tails
Braids
Dark Green (as a dominant color)
Red (as a dominant color)

A small Kawani native female walked toward the river's edge, carrying a basket in her arms. It once belonged to a Soquili who's little one had been still born, and thus never made into the basket. The mother of that foal had been so heartbroken that she left the village and never returned.
The native girl had witnessed the sadness of that night and had cried herself to sleep just thinking of the poor mare who had lost it's child. Recalling stories told of a wishing star, she formed a plan to make an offering to that star to try and get a replacement or foster foal for the mare. It of course couldn't bring back the one who had died, but it might be able to make up for the heartache she felt.

She brought the basket and in it were some flowers she had picked along the way and some oats and grains. She placed the basket in the water and knelt down on the bank watching as it floated away. She spoke quietly into the night. "Wishing star, I come to you asking for a special gift; a friend for me and a child to replace that which was lost. I send an offering in hopes that it pleases you."

As the basket drifted out of sight, she stood and made her way back to the village. She had dreams that night of what the new foal might look like, and how happy it would make the mare, if only she could find her.  

Moxxiie

Moxxiie

Crew

Questionable Explorer

Andranis
Crew

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:46 am
Race (first choice): Regular
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): .... Regular...? xd
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? Kaleo leaves two of the feathers from his mask, tied up in strands of his tail hair
Short IC Response: The stallion looked to the sky, a frown on his face. Where was his family now? He hadn't seen them in so long, it was almost disheartening. He felt a nudge at his side, then, looking to see Ishara, a dear friend, watching him. He frowned. "I miss my family... I suppose..." He looked back up. "They may be looking at the same sky somehwere..."

The black and white mare nudged his shoulder with her forhead. "Then ask the stars... They work miracles sometimes, you know."

He nodded, then looked back to the sky. "Stars above, are my family members looking at you, too..? Could you guide one of them here? Any one of them... I miss them, stars..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:58 am
Relation (mother, father, brother, sister, etc): Parent (Mother or Father)
Race (first choice): Wind
Race (2nd choice, must be mini, common or uncommon): Regular
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? The paopu fruit from his tail. User Image

Short IC Response: How do you even start these kinds of things? Twinkle twinkle-- no, I mean... dear... wishing star. I'm wishing for... okay, I'm no good at this. Maybe I should start with a little about me. I'm Oathkeeper, a stallion who's starting to feel his own age. I've loved a mare as pretty as the night sky... and lost her. But she lives on through the wonderful children we share-- and their children's children. I have the blessing of a new mate, and newer children...and there is no joy like sharing the bond between parent and child...

Which ... leads me to my request. I never knew my parents. If I had any, where I came from. And if I could have one wish, I wish to have known or come to know, at least one of them? It would mean the world to me; as family means the world to me. So...that's my wish... and thank you for hearing it.

Iokabrenna

Tricky Shapeshifter

Faithofthefallen
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 pm
An Extra Gift
Parent 1:
User Image
Uncert
Parent 2:
User Image
Uncert
Link to Breeding Permission: here
Lifemates: No
What does your soquili leave as an offering for the wishing star? A ribbon wrapped syringe
Short IC Response: Tell me a little about your couple. What does you soquili ask/tell the wishing star when he or she comes to ask for a basket?

Jessamine had heard of the power of the strange star in her travels, as she glided to the hilltop she gazed up at its serene and untouchable beauty, her pristine white coat shimmering in the darkness. Her ribbons were tied neatly and for once there was no trace of blood on her person for it had been days since her last episode. Despite that, the cleaver clenched firmly between her teeth and the hard crimson glitter of her eyes were a warning much more potent than the delicate, deceptively doll like appearance that may lure travelers into thinking the mare would be easy pickings.

She had a family now, a father, a sister, her children were grown and producing foals of their own but Jessmine still found herself lonely. Relic, the suave and enigmatic kidney thief had been much on her mind lately. The feeling between them were undeniable but their relationship had been, complicated, since the first day they met. Cleaver, Jessamine's owl familiar swooped around her mistress on ghost like wings, keeping watch and silently urging the mare to get on with it. Jessmine glared at her companion and stepped foreword, careful not to squish the many offering scattered in the grass.

Setting down her blade and reaching into the battered bandages wrapped loosely around her leg, she removed a syringe she had pilfered from her sometimes lover. Careful not to scrape herself with the bloodstained tip, she dropped it into the ground point first and gently draped one of her purple ribbons around it's plunger.
"I should like another chance at happiness." She stated uncomfortably, conscious of how strange she must appear, speaking to the night sky as though it could hear her. "My life has been full of darkness until this point, I'd like another glint of light in my life, if its not too much trouble." She bowed her head gracefully before gathering her cleaver once more and making her way back down the hill.

Archived

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff