Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Marrow Of Life

Back to Guilds

A place where imaginations roam about together - and destroy a few cities while they're at it. 

Tags: Roleplay, Imagination, Expression 

Reply [Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads
[ Sons of Time - OOC ] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 pm
Fun Teim!

The first is a character "theme". I don't know, but maybe it'll just help me write better if I give each of my OC's in the story themes. I'll provide a few ideas to get started on finding, as I'd like all of the themes to remain in the Zelda universe. I know it sounds restricting, but there are so many different mixes out there for songs, it shouldn't be hard. So here we go!

Main Cast [so far]
Martel and Rioan
Holo
Sheik
Evina

Supporting Cast [so far]
Haydel
Nalia and Roth
Maple
Pari [optional]
Brant [optional]
Tessa
The Kokiri Krew [Mido/Fado/Tain/Baki/Voal][Mido and Tain are the guys]*
Loke
Frand
The Rebels [bunch of guys in Dark World Kakariko][introduced in Act 7]
The Maidens [six girls from Kakariko][intro'd in Act 7]

Villains
Aeon
Majar and Farras
The Minions [Kalekos/Cobralfos/Lizzrobe]
Shadow Heroes
Staldra [dragon boss]
Molachnid [spider boss]
The Faeries [Wilt/Vallo/Rali][Faeri is an anti-fairy]
Aislin [Luke's pick!!!]

As fo sources, I'll list Newgrounds, YouTube, ZREO, CSGuitar89, and OCRemix for starters. You can pick from other sites if you can find them. Leave the song beside the name as a link.

Alos drawing up a chart for Kalekos' army of Lizalfos, and trying to figure out some colors and weapon styles. Each color can only have 4 weapon choices though. Here's what I got:

Red (from AoL) [Blade Style: 1H][Axe, Sword][Shield]
Orange (from AoL) [Polearm Style: 1H][Spear, Lance][Shield]
Yellow [Polearm Style: 2H][Glaive, Voulge, Battleaxe]
Green (from OoT) [Blade Style: 1H-2H][Sword, Dagger]
Blue (from AoL) [Blunt Style: 1H][Mace, Flail, Hammer, Sword][Shield]
Bbown [Dual Wield][unknown weapons]
Black [Blade/Blunt: 2H][Greatsword, Warhammer]
White [Unknown Style][Unknown Weapons][Shield]
Gray [Unknown Style][Unknown Weapons]

There can be more colors too, ifyou guys can think of some; no purple, because that's Kalekos' color.
Any help would be, well, um, helpful!

*a note about the KK, although Mido and Fado are canon (Fado sat on the roof of the shop) I'm including them, since there's 3 OC's in there.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:29 pm
Whee, Act 7 is finished! emotion_awesome
As usual, I'll post it tomorrow. I seem to be doing that a lot lately, mostly because I work into the night. emotion_zombie
In any case, it's finished, and I'll start working on Act 8: Allies tomorrow (when I can; I think I've got some chores or something to do... stare )

Edit: Small change, Act 8 will be called Aid, and Allies will move onto 9 or 10, as part of the Forest Arc. Most likely 9.

I think, for each of the Hidden Three, I'll put them in arcs as well, as sort of a tradition thing.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:51 am
Wondering if I should hold Q&A posts for this, y'know, answer some questions or explain stuff that seems to be loose ends.

Let me know your thoughts on this, guys!  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 12:39 pm
Oh god...I'm not sure if I'll make it through Act 8 myself...

With the recent employed strategy of "mood music" to help me write, I'm regretting it right now, as Scene 1 is perhaps the saddest thing I've wrote, both for this story and in general writing. Even a crusty bat like me is starting to cry just thinking about the script. It's not exactly helping, since I'm listening to Midna's Lament as the mood music...

I think this'll take longer than anticipated, even though the end of the scene will end on a high note...

Even switching the music to somethinf upbeat and taking a break doesn't help...

Please help me! I can barely write this post without beginnng to cry! *sniffsobwail*  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

pumpkinlanding
Captain

Dedicated Loiterer

7,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:07 pm
Aww *pats*

Such is the way of the writer. Emotions can run high.... Let us know if there's anything we can do to help, okay? And don't be afraid to take breaks from the story if it becomes too overwhelming.  
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:27 pm
Thanks.

I decided to hit up Newgrounds for some comedy flashes, and found this one. After watching it a couple times, I felt much better.

There's a new Shoop Da Whoop in town.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 10:50 am
HOLY s**t GAIZ!

I just found out I have 70 characters for my story already (some haven't been shown yet tho, but are there; others are dead, but still counted)

And I'm nowhere near done with this yet! O.o

Slowly going mad from Forest Temple music >.<  
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:06 pm
Flying Colors

So I'm still working on Act 8: Aid, and just got the group into the Forest Temple. However, I needed something to help me recall the place, so I dug into my 3DS and fired up OoT to go do some "research" (I love it when it's fun!) Since it was a completed file, I had an easy time trekking through, and even backtracking a little in order to get a feel for everything to help plot out where I'm going to take the story. I didn't need this for the well, because I (get this) know it by heart, even though its so late in the game (or intended to be; quite frankly, it's my favorite place)
I've put it to sleep so I can refer whenever I need to, but hopefully won't have to do that often. I took the mood music off, because I thought I'd lose it, and switch it to some ZREO soundscapes for now.

In Other News...

I've been having some ideas, and not just for plot development, but for the thread here.
I think I stated this earlier, but I might do Q&A to clarify some s**t
There was also the idea that I might "hire" you guys out for your DM abilities, but I'm not sure, since I've got my 3DS handy. Good for a laugh tho.
Lastly, I thought about giving an "excerpt" from the next Act to give you guys a sneak peek. I don't know about it here, though I might on my DA (since I purposely leave it one Act behind) though still, I'm unsure about it.

A weird little note:
I have tons of ideas to use for each Act now, and where to take the story. Sometimes I stick myself to the name of it, though sometimes, as with the case of this act, the ideas just subliminally fall within the name of the act. Isn't that weird?

Act 9 is definitely going to be called Allies. Not sure what 10 will be, other than the end of the Forest Arc.

Speaking of which, I've decided, since I'm going on a grander scale, each area (like the Forest, in this case) will be spread across an Arc; one for the journey, one for the temple, and one to wrap it up with the boss of each area. and decide where to go next.  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 11:31 am
Act 8 Ideas

I think I'll do this whenever I post a new act with a shitton of ideas.

So the first part of Scene 1 is the one I was having trouble with (mood music incident) though, like I said, it ended on a high note. Not a lot of ideas here, but the first meaning of the act name comes into play.

I decided to have a little study time with the boys, figuring out the secrets of the Twin Sword, before they set out again. When they went to find Holo, he was originally going to be in the barn with only Hayde and Evina. However, I remembered that Tessa was also going to be visiting (since she and Sheik are on such good terms) and added Maple in there just 'cause, if only to show the fairy hadn't died yet.

I had about literally a dozen ideas for the remaining 2 scenes. When the group reached the forest, I was going to have 3 options for the bridge alone.
- It was broken, forcing them to reroute through Lost Woods
- It was intact to its previous status
- It was intact, but suspended with vines, altering its integrity slightly
Another 3 ideas came up for the Kokiri village:
- Ghost Town
- Enemies invaded (keeping to the forest tho; Deku crap) and the Kokiri were in hiding
- The boys caught Aislin in the Deku Tree grove. However, I had forgotten she was at the forest temple for this one.
3 MOAR ideas sprang forth with Skull Kid's assistance. or not.
- Skull Kid made a staircase of forestry for them to ascend
- Skull Kid called his crew to help the heroes
- The boys had to think of their own method to get up there. The grappling hook came to mind, but the only items they have are the bow (Rioan) and Lens of Truth (Martel)
The last three ideas came in the Temple itself. Originally, there were going to be 3 "teams"
Martel and Rioan
Aislin
Evina
However, this was before I employed the caged Kokiri idea, similar to the Gorons from the game at the Fire Temple. This forced me to take a different turn.
As Evina progressed through her side of things, originally, there wasn't going to be a Poe (Amy, if I'm right, is the green one) or the painting, just an empty room. Same goes for the Checker room with the falling ceiling. However, I figured that was too boring, and amped it up some.
Additionally, the chest in the checker room was going to hold arrows for Rioan, however, I was playing through a completed file for my research, so I had forgotten if arrows were really in there. After looking up a walkthrough, it turns out my instincts were right. I used the same tactic when Evina grabbed the key from the chest in the sewer.
Continuing with Evina, as the boys have their work cut out for them, Originally, before the checkered chest, there was going to be a key in it, allowing her to free the Kokiri girl. There was also another one in the room, though near the northern end, and would be one of the guys. When they teamed up with Evina, and ran into Aislin, distrust would immediately spring up. Where I was going with it, i don;t know.
But then I thought, after my eesearch, I could have my cake (captured Kokiris) and eat it too! (Evina teams up with Aislin)

That about does it for the first Act in the Forest Arc! Look for Act 9: Allies soon!

Sneak Peek: Aislin serves as the midboss. The Poe sisters? For that, you'll have to stay tuned!  
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:29 pm
Woah, didn't know I'd get carried away AND keep my wits in this Act!

Although Aislin IS the mid-boss, I lost myself a bit, so she'll be right off the bat in Act 10.

Because I'm so close to "completing" the Forest Temple, I'm not exactly sure how to carry on without boring you guys with it.

Idk, I'll figure something out. I always do.

Fun Fact: I wrote all of Act 9 to the following song:
Gimme My Sword! (by OCremix.org)

So in order to keep track of everybody, I made a small list of which Kokiris were freed, how many were left, and who was with who. I only had to refer to the game a few times, mostly for the Block Maze and which way the corridors twisted. Now there's only one room left to explore, B2, which contains the last of the Kokiri, along with more than a few surprises!
I figured out a name for the Act, and it's called Assist. You'll find out why when I post it. (cuz I'm evil like that)  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 2:17 pm
Let's hear it for working overtime!!!

Yesterday I managed to get 2 Acts finished and posted, with the first two Scenes of Act 10 done as well. I decided to stop there, as the final battle would consume the last scene, to which I think came out splendidly!

This is where I usually rant about ideas and whatnot. However, not a lot of ideas were present, so I'll shut up about it and let you enjoy the epic conclusion to the Forest Arc!

As for the Hidden Three, I went with Spirits, because they stuck out the most in my mind.
HOWEVER!!!
I WILL need some ideas for Quest Items in the Dark World. Just shout 'em out, and I'll listen! I'm going to need 6 total, just so you know how many there are.

Since I was working to the bone all day today and yesterday, I am going to take a huge break before I start working on Act 11: Hike, as the group heads for Death Mountain to free the second Spirit. However, this will not be part of an arc.

As a final note, I'll probably need help with dungeon plotting for the Dark World. Each of Majar's minions will appear as either a boss or midboss, though in different dungeons, with the beasts, Staldra and Molachnid, in the last two. Themes are also needed, but keep them to each area (for example, the dungeon in the Dark World Gerudo Valley will be desert themed; it can be anything that has to do with a desert)  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:58 pm
Wondering how much I can get done...

Last time I checked, in a small list of original characters from various things (including SoT) I had over 70 characters. In SoT alone, I have matched that with only 13 Chapters and 10 Acts!!!
Like I stated in a post above, I'm including canons for SoT, but not for the original cast of various.

So, with this in mind, you can imagine how much I'll be drawing just to get everybody down pat.

I spent about maybe 45min-1h drawing the Rebels (Axien's mutton chops gave me the most trouble)

And, counting the cast just now, there's a mindblowing 94!!!

I think I might die if I do this alone x.x  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 pm
Oh Yeah!

I forgot to menion this, (I think) but I've been having some ideas for some SoT posters.
- The first is going to be a revamp of the current cover I use for my DA, which will include everybody (And I do mean, EVERYBODY!)
-the other will be a sort of Victory poster, showcasing the boys getting praised, with all of their friends, and even cameos of everybody else.

And if could, I'd turn this story into an animation. But sadly, I can't.  
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:10 pm
An idea came to mind when I went upstairs to find my sister playing what I think might be an MMO, I'm not sure.
She told me that she was facing (seemingly) hordes of some zombie-demon things that kept barfing up reinforcements (idk, she didn't really go further into detail) and then leveled up (or something, she just shouted "Level 6!" ) and I asked her if there were any siege weapons in the game, and she didn't know yet.

This got me thinking; Maybe I can use Seige Weapons in the story!
The idea may seem preposterous at best, but considering they're in a medieval type setting (albeit fantasy) it's not really as farfetched as one may think.

Voice your opinion on whether Siege Weapons should be included!  

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Kallori

Original Stalker

15,150 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Tax Evader 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 9:37 pm
Act 11: Hike

This was a fun act, because I got to play around with so many things that are part of Kakariko and Death Mountain.

There weren't many ideas (certainly not a shitton like with Act 8 ) but I'll say, I enjoyed every minute of writing it!

I decided to put in the cucco roundup purely for lolz, which is meant to be played out as only a montage could. There is no SFX audio, only a fast-paced song to accompany it. My pick was this one:

ChEsDeRmAn - Zelda MM - Clock Town (head over to Newgrounds for a listen!)

Scene 2 was both chaos and conformity. I won't say why, however, because frankly, I DON'T KNOW! However, we do get to meet the Gorons (finally) and share some stuff we don't already know. Honestly...

Somehow, I managed to wrap up the entirety of Dodongo's Cavern in Scene 3, including the final fight against KD himself!

Act 12 will be the start of the Mountain Arc, so look out for it! You're going to be in for one hell of a ride!  
[Fossil Dig] :: Extinct Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff